PDA

View Full Version : Overland racing

mini-z racing
2003.10.04, 01:06 PM
when could we start? i really want to race the over lands, There are 3 jumps so far and more in the makeing.

PAULANGELO
2003.10.04, 05:33 PM
I/m ready. every time I show up to run in the stock or mod race, I run the Ol ont he track between heats. BUT sometimes I am alone. You need to bring your's out more often ;)

mini-z racing
2003.10.06, 10:31 PM
ll bring it out unless some one is on my channel.;)

evoboy07
2003.12.01, 08:22 PM
This has nothing to do with OL racing, but are you guys members there? If so, it's me, Kevin Kidder. Oh yeah, they do have a few jumps. I use my racer on them.

metal_on_metal
2003.12.01, 11:13 PM
You guys should race your OLs along with the racers like I do :D

The points season is over soon... ..no reason NOT to bring out your Overland and have some fun with it. I want to see how well mine does against yours, mini-z racing. I'm not so worried about beating paulangelo.. ..if he ever comes back to race, that is ;) :D

Here is a pic of my racer-beating OL! :cool:

-Trevor

evoboy07
2003.12.02, 09:32 AM
Trevor, you sack! Our racers creamed your OL and you know it!!!!!! My car kept flipping it over.:mad:
Remember now?! It's me, Kevin. With the white Porsche. Too bad you weren't there on the thursday before turkey day. I won the B main, but my car is now in ruins, without a soft carbon plate and the wide rims.

metal_on_metal
2003.12.02, 09:53 AM
Won the B main, huh? :rolleyes: That's kinda like being the best of the worst, is it not? ;) :D

You'd best get your car back in shape so I can have another racer to beat with the MIGHTY OVERRRLAAANNNNNDDD BWAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahhaaa....!!

I'll be there this week (hopefully) on both mod and stock nights. The car will be racing in mod as usual and the truck will be around for at least a heat or two on stock night... ...maybe I'll run it in the main too.

The OL may flip easier than the racers do but it really isn't much of a concern....

UNLESS THOSE RACERS WON'T GET OUT OF MY WAY LOL.

-Trevor

PAULANGELO
2003.12.02, 12:39 PM
Hey Trevor, To quote a famous governor "I'll be back" . Moved into a new house end of October and still sorting out everything. Haven't even looked at my Mini's. I'll be there with my BMW and Pajero (or my MR02, F1 and any number of my MR01's) and run your mighty OL off the track. (I may need all of them) And you wouldn't need to worry about me. I'll get mine. Put some of the jumps on the big oval and we will see who comes in first. With the OL's it isn't just speed but the landings can kill you.

Kevin,

Congrats on the winning of the B main. If I remember, Trevor hasn't won either so you have that one up on him. Not everyone can have an entourage like him. Looking forward to meeting you there (again maybe?)

metal_on_metal
2003.12.02, 12:53 PM
LOL. I figured that post would bring you out of the woodwork!! Now you've got to get yourself back to the track!

You're right though.... ...I've yet to win a main event. But come to think of it I don't believe I've ever been in a "B" main before either.... ....I'm too fast for that ;)

D'oh! ...now I've probably cursed myself and will wind up in the B for the first time tonight.. ;)

I'm trying hard to remember if my OL finished ahead or behind of that white Porsche... ...I'm thinking it was ahead :D

-Trevor

PAULANGELO
2003.12.02, 01:07 PM
Gee, if you can run the OL, Can I run my MR02?? That would be sweet. I plan on going back to the track, just have to clear some time. Last 2 times, I raced on Monday night with the F1's. Haven't even made that night either. Looking forward to charging the batteries and getting back on the track.

metal_on_metal
2003.12.02, 01:16 PM
Well I think it all boils down to what shows up to race. I know some more 02's have been sold but I don't know if there are enough to field a race yet.

It's the same with the OL's... ...they've got a signup sheet on the counter for those who are interested in racing them (*cough*getondownthereandsignup*cough*) ;)

I know they are planning on fooling around with the track config once points season is over... ...it might not be much of a stretch to ask if 02's can race along with trucks in stock class....

-Trevor

PAULANGELO
2003.12.02, 01:59 PM
geee, I was thinking about going tonight and racing but now I'm afraid to catch your cold. You sound awful! ;-) Actually maybe later this week or next week I should be able to get out to the track. I will bring all my cars and race what I can.

metal_on_metal
2003.12.02, 02:42 PM
If you can only pick one night to run, try to make it Thursday (stock class night).

Thursday turnouts have been a little sparse lately.. ..seems like everyone is jumping to mod racer class or F1.

And bring your truck! I want to race against other trucks too!

-Trevor

evoboy07
2003.12.03, 04:04 PM
There were eight guys there the night I won, so Eric just put Andrew, Anthony, Ray and Bobby in the A main. He put Paul(not Matt's dad), me, Mike and Lou in the B main. We had 6 heats and the two mains! It was a long night!

metal_on_metal
2003.12.03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by evoboy07
There were eight guys there the night I won, so Eric just put Andrew, Anthony, Ray and Bobby in the A main. He put Paul(not Matt's dad), me, Mike and Lou in the B main. We had 6 heats and the two mains! It was a long night!

I forgot to add this (when I was ribbin' ya above) but congrats on the win :cool:

Are you gonna make it this Thursday? it's the last night of the points series.

-Trevor

evoboy07
2003.12.04, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't miss it. Although, I thought there were still one more race after this weeks. Rose said she wanted it to end by Thanksgiving, but she said there were still two races.

evoboy07
2003.12.06, 10:18 AM
Hey, Trevor. Sorry about the "sack" thing. You saved my butt at the races. Ray was the sack. Did you get a replacement OL motor thing yet? If not, I'll get you one next time. I owe you almost a whole car.

metal_on_metal
2003.12.06, 01:22 PM
LOL. Don't worry about it :)

Didn't you see my OL back in one piece before the feature race? Eric had the part I needed in stock.. ..it was only a few bucks.

I ran the racer instead of the OL in the feature because I was too lazy to change the batteries/crystals between 'em.

Save your $$ for a new set or rear wheels... ..you need 'em ;)

-Trevor

evoboy07
2003.12.06, 06:52 PM
OK, thanks. This might be a dumb thing to ask, but do you snowmobile with some guys in Drummond Ridge? I was playing in the snow when I heard a voice that sounded kinda' like yours.:confused:

metal_on_metal
2003.12.06, 07:29 PM
Nope. That wasn't me.

We had a sled zooming around the neighborhood today though.. ..maybe that was one of the ones you saw.

-Trevor

evoboy07
2003.12.07, 11:21 AM
Do you know where Drummond Ridge is? Have you been on Brownell Road?