PDA

View Full Version : xspeed causing binding

guerrilla
2002.01.23, 12:56 PM
Installed 2 xspeed motors & both cause pinion binding when turning. 1 of the cars has ball diff the other a stock diff. They both have the correct spacers. Both are stock mounts. What to do?

Russ
2002.01.23, 12:58 PM
what pinion are you running and what spacer just to be sure?? Putting on a thicker spacer might help :)

guerrilla
2002.01.23, 01:00 PM
8 tooth pinion 1.0 spacers

Russ
2002.01.23, 01:03 PM
Yeah, that's right....umm, I guess move up to the 1.5 under the motor, or put on the 7T, that's all I can think of....I've never heard of this happening before. Check to make sure the tabs that hold the plastic end bell are pushed all the way in & aren't hitting the motor mount when you put your motor in the mount....THat's about it I guess, sorry!!

guerrilla
2002.01.23, 01:12 PM
Thanks, I'll try your suggestions and I also remember a post about using 20lb paper shims. Try that also.

Mondo
2002.01.23, 03:13 PM
guerrilla

I have three X-Speeds. Two in normal Mini-Z's. One sits in an upright position on a standard mount with a 7T pinion.
The other is in a TopCAD motor mount, also with a 7T pinion, using standard Kyosho spacers.
No problems with either. The gears mesh fine :) Oh, they both use ball-diffs.

The last one is fitted into a Mini-Z F1 using a standard 6T pinion.

I am suprised to hear about the meshing problems, as the X-Speed cans are identical to the standard motor.

Mondo