PDA

View Full Version : PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE help a newbie out!!!

nitroxracer
2003.10.10, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, listen. I'm a complete newbie at this and i really need help. I've got a Mini Cooper body. Although they say it screws up the steering servo, i just want to screw around with it. Anyway, how do u change the motor config. so that its pointing up. I don't have 2 buy anything else for it, do I??? If u could tell me i'd really appreciate it. By the way, the 1 hr. charger from Radioshack is CRAP, it takes like 2 hrs to charge all 4 AAA batteries.

Thanx in advance for ur help!!!

2003.10.10, 08:06 PM
take the motor pod off the h-plate there should be 2 visible screws on the pod take them out then rescrew the motor pod back pon the hplate ommitting that piece o plastic

Ken Mifune
2003.10.10, 08:56 PM
The Motor Case & Motor Holder(clip) & Motor Spacer are typical in either configuraton.
Switch from Motor Case Mount type A (low mount) to Motor Case Mount type B(high mount). Mount type B comes as a separate piece in the RTR kit.

nitroxracer
2003.10.11, 07:07 AM
It seems that the engine doesn't have the holes the same as the holes in the H-Plate. That's what i thought and tried it, but it wouldn't fit.

Thanx!!

Sky
2003.10.27, 01:12 PM
The piece that comes off of the motor mount, that mounts to the H plate is type A low mount. The Box the car comes in should have an extra parts bag. Find the other motor mount type B high mount. The screw hole position will be different than the type A. Mount it to the motor pod, then mount the whole pod with the Type B on the H plate.:)

ZER()
2003.10.27, 10:38 PM
hey sky hows it in cali.things good up here in mccall.email me at diakka_31@yahoo.com

herman
2003.10.29, 04:09 AM
pls. don't use the cooper body... the front wheels protrude out of the fender, and unless you got an aluminum servo gear, you're bound to go through a lot... the coopers are known in h.k. to strip servo gears quite fast... anyway, if you still have to... just don't crash into anything...