PDA

View Full Version : mr-015 supra

arch2b
2003.10.19, 08:02 PM
i finally have a wheel set that fits correctly. it took 2 sets of square's to get it, so i don't recommned it for those with a tight budget. it handles very nicely and looks good too! can't wait till mix and match mzr wheels are available;)
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album101/IMG_0072_001.sized.jpg
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album101/IMG_0073_001.sized.jpg

lfisminiz
2003.10.19, 09:30 PM
Arch as always good work.Love the supra bodies.

herman
2003.10.20, 12:04 AM
hey arch2b.... that's ssssuuuuuhhhhhweeeeeettttt!!!!!!!

mind telling us what square rims you used??? looks like they're inch ups??? thanks for any info... man those supra's look great...

p.s. would you mind posting an underbody shot?? thanks... :D

arch2b
2003.10.20, 08:38 AM
thanks,
they are indeed inch up! they always seem to look the best.

i got 2 sets, for the rear wheels i got:
Square Inch-Up BBS Style Benz/NSX, Wide Wheel Set - Silver
for the front i got:
Square Inch-Up BBS Style Standard Wheel Set - Silver

finding these can be frustrating at times due to variations in listings from site to site. i used these listings because they were the clearest in terms of description. the shop here has lots of square's in stock however the listings are alittle confusing to say the least.

on a side note, you can use the left over offset pair of front wheels and pair standard wheels on many wide body 01's like the viper, soit's not a complete waste.

i also installed a custom light set! i forgot to turn it on for the nice outside pictures:rolleyes:
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album101/IMG_0015.sized.jpg

i have an underside picture in my supra album however it's rather dark....i'll get a nice one for you tonight.

btw, a compliment from you means alot as your vitz's were a great inspiration for me in deciding on my first z, a vitz ofcourse.

herman
2003.10.20, 11:01 AM
arch2b...

thanks for the info... hehehe... now where's that money tree...

wow... i didn't know that my vitz inpired you to get into the mini-z scene... thanks...

here's another one for ya... for the quality of worksmanship you do on your z's... i think your username should be changed to "roof rack"... they're just awsome...

we'll be waiting for them underchassis pics...

arch2b
2003.10.20, 12:05 PM
since i prefer to drive smaller cars (work in the city), i really liked your's and pitzon's work with the vitz and decided to make the vitz my first z which has now been passed down to my son to play with. he carries it with him alot. after nearly destroying my vitz with rollovers etc, i've moved on to more stable bodies like the cr5 and supra which have proven very hard to flip.

Cian@work
2003.10.21, 06:43 AM
That's a good looking Supra, Arch, have you used the 4 "other" wheels on anything?

I discovered the same problem finding wheels to match, I have had a few bodies with two styles of wheels, narrow on the front, and wide in the back.

I remember when I decided to get into Z's, that Castrol Vitz, and the No Fear Vitz made a BIG impression!!

:D :D

arch2b
2003.10.21, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Cian@work
That's a good looking Supra, Arch, have you used the 4 "other" wheels on anything? ...
thanks,
right now, no. i already put alloy's on the viper, so i don't have another body to use them with right now and not interested in buying another 2 sets to rebuild the original sets. so they sit in my rc box.... i don't have another body that would fit narrow front and offset narrow rear's.

herman
2003.10.21, 10:30 AM
arch2b...

can you post part nos on the 2 sets of rims you got from square?

pls. correct me if i'm wrong...

set 1 = offset narrow fronts & wide rears
set 2 = non offset narrow fronts & non offset narrow rears

mr015 combo square rims = set 2 non offset narrow fronts & set 1 wide rears

so your spare rims are : set 1 offset narrow fronts & set 2 non offset narrow fronts.

hmm i think you still can use those rims in bodies that can take a narrow front and wide rear (just put the one with offset in the rear)... i.e. lancia stratos... and maybe your er i mean your son's vitz hehehe...

cian@work... wow now that's 2 guys that i've made an impression on... thanks...

i too was impressed by works of other people... mostly by the guys on mini-z bar...

and a guy from here... goes by the username donut... his work is really something... i've just painted and put decals on mine...

donut really put some work into his cars... as in modifying and building detail into them...

here are some of his works.... he's the real master...

http://www.intellimedia.com.ph/hso/donutsrc.htm

ken mifune's cars rank up there too

arch2b
2003.10.21, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by herman
arch2b...

can you post part nos on the 2 sets of rims you got from square?

pls. correct me if i'm wrong...

set 1 = offset narrow fronts & wide rears
set 2 = non offset narrow fronts & non offset narrow rears

mr015 combo square rims = set 2 non offset narrow fronts & set 1 wide rears

so your spare rims are : set 1 offset narrow fronts & set 2 non offset narrow fronts.

sure thing
set 1: Manufacturer ID#: SKM-007KS
set 2: Manufacturer ID#: SKM-007HS

mr-015 combo is correct.

spare rims are correct as well.

i don't want to put square's on an asc my son throws around;) i'm sure i'll find a use for them. i have 2 sets of square clk and 1 set of 10 spokes sitting with them to keep them company:)

herman
2003.10.22, 02:56 AM
arch2b

thanks for the info... :D

Donut
2003.10.22, 03:22 AM
and a guy from here... goes by the username donut... his work is really something... i've just painted and put decals on mine...

Thanks Herman. You're too kind. :) . Don't know about being a master though...the decal work on that CLK of yours...only a master could have... :cool:

arch2b
2003.10.22, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by herman
...p.s. would you mind posting an underbody shot?? thanks... :D

here you go!
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album101/Project5.sized.jpg

herman
2003.10.23, 12:55 AM
thanks arch2b...

that's perfection... front seems really flush with the rear rims...

and once again cool modified plate you got there... i might have forgotten or missed the thread... did you have the plate made? or did you do it yourself? :D

donut...

patience is always the key...