PDA

View Full Version : range? beeping?

RECCOS063
2002.01.23, 07:49 PM
out of sight range? yeah right! my range is like 15 feet or less:( . my Z also constantly makes a beeping noise and the steering twithches a lot. Why is this happening? I thought that the radio signal was getting interferred with by all the walls in my house but then i went outside and and on my garage track. This seemed to help a bit but i still lost control if i wasnt pointing the antennae @ the car. hmmm...

Russ
2002.01.23, 10:31 PM
How old are the batteries in your transmitter?? If all the lights aren't on, I've noticed a huge difference in the reception the car gets. Also, have you ever taken your car apart with the batteries still in?? If yes, then you may have shorted out your receiver on your circuit board...it happens to the best of us...remember to ALWAYS take out your batteries when doing anything to the car other than running it!! :)

RECCOS063
2002.01.24, 06:48 AM
my batteries are all fresh and the green light is on, and i always take the batteries out when i stop running it.

Wedginator
2002.01.24, 11:11 AM
probably it was shorted out when you bought it? return it, and ask for a replacement.... unless the car over 3 months old.....

frustrated
2002.02.08, 09:44 PM
RECCOS063 has exactly the same problem as me. I recently bought two mini-z's and these same problems started happening from the moment i started using them and it is bloody annoying. It is nothing to do with the batteries because like RECCOS063 my batteries were brand new, and it couldnt be anything to do with it shorting out because it started happening from the get go and this is two of them not just one. I took the first one back to the hobby shop and the guy said he doesnt have much experience with them because their shop has just started getting them in, but he said it seems just the same as any others hes tried.

So pleeeeeease can someone help me because i'm going insane.

frustrated
2002.02.08, 10:41 PM
Is there any way to tell if the ESC is fried? If you can tell then i'll check it, but i'll be extremely pissed of if Kyosho has given me two dud cars out of two. If it is the problem i've got no idea how i'm going to explain to the hobby shop that they are both screwed. They'll probably think i was the one that screwed it up. If there's one thing i really hate doing, its taking a faulty product back to a shop and trying to get a replacement.

Draconious
2002.02.09, 09:07 AM
see my antenna alteration thread (mini-z science)... if your going to send it back any way.... might as well try what I tried... I can help via AOL IM -live- if needed... I am curious if it works on other ppls Z's that are "out of the box-for the most part". But if you plan on keeping it, its a major FRY risk... and if it does fry they MIGHT see that you did someting, I doubt it, and not replace it...

I think they might have been installing bad RF Filters... on some of the Z's... or just not setting them up correctly, on the assembly line.

Mini-Z make a HTML FORM (or I will for you) and use it to document every ones out of the box interferance problems, and any solutions they might have had... we might be able to force them to "recall" the Zs... and or anounce an official/safe way to fix them to hobby shops.

frustrated
2002.02.10, 09:49 AM
Draconious, nice site you have :). I may try putting a longer antenna on or something, because i'm not very good at (and cant be bothered) soldering. Is there anything else i can try that doesnt require soldering? When i get the money though i think i'll buy a different speed controller, receiver and maybe servo, because the ones that come with it are hopelessly designed. You would think they could at least use some decent wires that dont break when they are slightly bent. Come to think of it, i might buy one or two of those HPI 1/18 scale cars instead, because i just had a look at them on HPI's site and they look pretty good, only problem is i'm not sure if you can get them in Australia :(. I have never seen such stupidly fragile wire in my life though, I'm afraid to touch anything on the car in fear of breaking another god damn wire. I wont be buying any other Kyosho products anytime soon, because i dont think i've ever come across anything so badly designed and put together. All four clips on the bodies of my two cars also came off pretty quickly and had to be glued back on PROPERLY (with Araldite) by me. That has gotta be the most laughable thing about the whole car, it looks like they forgot to design a system to attach the body to the car and remembered at the last second and thought "oh **** i forgot to design a system to attach the body to the car... bugger... oh well the hell with it we'll just stick some plastic clips on with this cheap glue"

mini-z
2002.02.10, 02:51 PM
Drac, why an HTML form, couldn't we just use a Thread?