PDA

View Full Version : Excellent setup for Beginners

Wedginator
2002.01.24, 03:54 PM
Hey, I found out an excellent car setup for beginners. It offers good handling. But of course, you'll need to go out and buy come parts from your LHS. The parts are: hard front suspention, hard rear suspenstion plate. ball bearings, lower you car, and a ball diff. That's what I have on my car so far, and handled so much better. Oh yea, if you want more speed, ask me to put LED lights on your car. Cuz LED lights make my car go fast... LOL....

PorscheGuy964
2002.01.24, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Wedginator
Hey,Cuz LED lights make my car go fast... LOL....

How Ricey.....lol....also decals,yellow paint,exhaust tips, and body kits make you go faster. lol,haehaehaehae

wrcracer
2002.01.24, 05:48 PM
not to kill the joke or anything, but this kid i know (AKA "Munch" - he's always eating) was totally convinced that racing stripes will vastly improve the top speed of a car.

PorscheGuy964
2002.01.24, 06:05 PM
lol, that is too funny what was his logic behind that?
that is just too funny.....

funkydog
2002.01.25, 12:43 AM
just like speed holes!

CMTegner
2002.01.25, 11:59 AM
He he he....Speed holes......eh he......good one!:p

W-tone
2002.01.25, 06:50 PM
On my car the biggest improvements have been the CLK-body, rear damper, Toe-in steering bar and the ball diff.

Basicly any body with long wheel base is easier to control. I was testing my VW van the other day, loads of drifting fun with +6mm wheelbase :)

Rear damper stops the wheel-hop, more traction, more fun.

Toe-in steering bar calms the top speed characteristics of the Z, before this I was unable to control the car at high speeds. I do normally drive on waxed plastic floor, so the effect might no be as dramatic on carpet.

Ball diff helps traction, the stock diff is no match for the tunability of the ball type.

Suspension plates are a must 'cause the stock plastic one is going to snap, sooner or later.

W-t

RallyNut
2002.01.27, 01:05 AM
It's really amazing how some dumb highschooler can put a fart tip, some Tenzo R stickers and a "racing" fuel cap cover on his mom's Lexus and suddenly he thinks he's ready for the Indy 500.

The "sleeper" style makes more sense to me, like a V8 in a mini. :D

Fusion
2002.01.28, 08:13 PM
It's all about the driver;) Doesn't matter if your car is not as good as the others, techniques can help you win. Recall Initial D:D

RallyNut
2002.01.28, 10:33 PM
I agree. Learn to drive before looking like you know how to. A big exhaust doesn't make you a better driver.

zanthrax
2002.02.02, 01:34 PM
Learn some neat stuff on those 'fast' LED's here (http://www.howstuffworks.com/led.htm)