PDA

View Full Version : Truck under constrution

Galeshi
2003.11.26, 06:07 PM
Hi all!!

here is attempt to transform my enzo into a sizu truck

the body is from a fly slotcar, and didnīt figured out how to fix the body to the chassis!! :rolleyes: but i'll get it done!!

Hope u like, and if anyone has some ideas on holding the body....

c u soon

Galeshi
2003.11.26, 06:12 PM
and another pic

RCPMini-z
2003.11.26, 06:18 PM
Very nice! I think the variety of bodies available to modify these cars is what makes this small scale so exciting.

davkin
2003.11.26, 08:07 PM
Very cool! I saw some pics of those bodies and thought about the same thing. Could one be made to work on the F1 chassis? I don't have an MR02, but the F1 chassis has a very low profile, but it also has a very long wheelbase.

David

arch2b
2003.11.26, 09:01 PM
there have been many custom setups featuring that style of truck on minizbar

Ken Mifune
2003.11.27, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Galeshi
...has some ideas on holding the body...
Use side mounts off a trashed body or make them from sheet styrene and plastic extrusions(Plastruct). These materials are usually in the model railroading section of hobbyshops.
You can do the same for the front mount. Be sure to reinforce the front mount alot because this will see the most abuse.
I use a glue called Pro-Bond Hobby & Model (by Elmers I think). It holds better than anything else I've tried. It really welds into the plastic. A couple of my custom bodies have "ramming damage" but not where there are glue joints.
Hit the galleries for some ideas.
Nice truck btw.

edit: superglue- you can build fast with it, but it's very brittle.

Galeshi
2003.11.27, 05:47 AM
Could one be made to work on the F1 chassis?
Davkin
I donīt know if it works because i dont have a F1 chassis

As for the other truks u have seen on miniz bar i dont think they can run with it, please notice the i have a longer wheel base on my truck so that it fits the body and they keep theirs on standard fixing point !! ?????(not possible!!!)

Thx ken for ur ideas on fixing the body, but i dont have any body clips! :( but i'll try to make them.
I wont worry too much on the reinforce the front mount because this is only for fun! :D :D

thx all

mini-z
2003.11.27, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Galeshi
Hi all!!

here is attempt to transform my enzo into a sizu truck

Very cool! :)

Digisane
2003.11.27, 11:28 AM
Nice truck!

I was over at a freind's yesterday and he was playing this PS2 game "Super Trucks" or something like that. A very interesting game where you race trucks like touring cars, only that they're uh trucks.

The truck he used looked exactly like the one you built.

davkin
2003.11.27, 01:01 PM
I donīt know if it works because i dont have a F1 chassis

The F1 chassis has a wheelbase of about 5 1/8" and a track width of about 3 3/16", both significantly larger than an MR01. If it could be made to work at all I'd imagine it would take significant modifications.

David

mikka1
2003.12.02, 10:34 AM
HI GALESHI!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

VAMOS LA PROMOVER O NOSSO PORTUGUĘS!!!

AQUI TÁ O MEU MENINO

toyotaland369
2003.12.05, 06:56 PM
Very nice looking trucks!