PDA

View Full Version : LPR: Track video

latency
2004.01.05, 06:38 PM
Once again, that time of year where I post a video and crush my site...but what the heck.

I get lots of emails from folks asking for pics of the LPR track in my basement, so I figured I would show some video of my Enzo doing some laps.

Video is 2.5 minutes long, and is 6mb in size (sorry 56Kers)

Here it is:

http://www.latencyproject.com/miniz/LPR-Laps.WMV

No in car footage yet, I may be able to get that for next week. :)

l8

hrehowsik
2004.01.05, 08:03 PM
great track, what's the most of cars you've had racing at one time?

latency
2004.01.05, 09:03 PM
...most was around 8. We had to run reverse crystals. 5-6 cars is perfect with traffic, makes it so fun.

arch2b
2004.01.05, 09:27 PM
nice video:D

herman
2004.01.05, 09:31 PM
cool vid... :D

i noticed that your enzo has clk rims??? i guess you can use them with rims with offsets... seing that the enzo rims themselves have some... why didn't i think of that?

hrehowsik
2004.01.05, 09:33 PM
sounds like fun, wish i had the space for a track like that. i have to take a 25 min subway ride to the lhs if i want more than hardwood floors. if i'm ever in columbus i'm gonna look you up. actually my in-laws live in pittsburgh, so i may actually do it some day. anything for an excuse to get out of their house for a couple hours. i've tried to find a track out there when i visited last but western penna is all about 1/10 scale racing. i think 6 is the max number of racers you can have at one time before it feels like a demo derby. some of the guys i race with use those off band
27.5 mhz crystals from hong kong and we've had ten cars on the track at once. it's more motion than my eyes can handle. again cool track, i'm turning green with envy as i type.

latency
2004.01.05, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by herman
cool vid... :D

i noticed that your enzo has clk rims??? i guess you can use them with rims with offsets... seing that the enzo rims themselves have some... why didn't i think of that?

No, no no. Those are not CLK's. The offset of a CLK front rim set is WAY to wide. The enzos have barely any offset. Those are alloy GPM gunmetal 18 spoke rims designed specifically for the 02 Enzos. :)

latency
2004.01.05, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by hrehowsik
sounds like fun, wish i had the space for a track like that. i have to take a 25 min subway ride to the lhs if i want more than hardwood floors. if i'm ever in columbus i'm gonna look you up. actually my in-laws live in pittsburgh, so i may actually do it some day. anything for an excuse to get out of their house for a couple hours. i've tried to find a track out there when i visited last but western penna is all about 1/10 scale racing. i think 6 is the max number of racers you can have at one time before it feels like a demo derby. some of the guys i race with use those off band
27.5 mhz crystals from hong kong and we've had ten cars on the track at once. it's more motion than my eyes can handle. again cool track, i'm turning green with envy as i type.

Definitely. For those that may be in town the weekend of the Miniz Cup that Tom Thumb is hosting, maybe we could host a race night at LPR for the out of towners. Maybe the day after the regional....who knows, if you are coming to Cbus (as we call it) for the Tom Thumb hosted Miniz race, look me up.

l8

herman
2004.01.06, 04:27 AM
No, no no. Those are not CLK's. The offset of a CLK front rim set is WAY to wide. The enzos have barely any offset. Those are alloy GPM gunmetal 18 spoke rims designed specifically for the 02 Enzos.

opps... so i stand corrected :D

warthog
2004.01.06, 07:15 AM
really good video, I love the way those black tire marks are all around those corners, makes it look real :) Well it's real in some way, only at 1/24
My track is made of 2 gloves atm, only to do figures of eight and going round and round :D its a good way to learn though

nice track, lucky guys who can race there