PDA

View Full Version : Timing systems

skink
2004.01.15, 08:20 PM
I recently purchased the RCP track system and am interesed in starting a race series here in Bermuda.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what timing systems are suitable for mini-z racing.

thanks skink.

:)

herman
2004.01.15, 09:53 PM
ko propo arc makes one specifically for the mini-z...

amb-it makes one for r/c cars in general...

others use laser pointers.... and there are some others...

try to do a search on ' lap counters' or 'lap counting systems'

welcome to the forums

gulfclk
2004.01.16, 01:41 AM
there have been so many threads already about timing systems. Good ones are the lap-z system but I heard the software is the weak point for the moment.

If you're handy enough make one yourself. With some lazer pointers, some photo transistors and free software you can make it work. You don't need to be an electronical engineer ... if you know your way with a soldering iron, you can do it.

skink
2004.01.16, 06:30 AM
thanks for the info.

i'll look into the ko propo and amb-it.

I was under the impression that the latter would be too large and therefore not suitable for mini-z ,especially the f1s.

thanks skink :cool:

1wizard
2007.11.02, 09:28 AM
buy the CORE i have one and its great for the Zs

Spoon
2007.11.02, 09:33 AM
Another vote here for CORE.

There are a lot of members here that use it so you can typically find help if you need it.

briankstan
2007.11.02, 10:46 AM
core can't sale outside the US, so unless you have connections in the US it might be difficult to get.

I have a Core system and it's great.

byebye
2007.11.02, 06:58 PM
core can't sale outside the US, so unless you have connections in the US it might be difficult to get.

I have a Core system and it's great.

Thread was started in 2004. I was there in 2006 and never contacted this person not did the LHS have any mini-z's.

Kris

mdavis84
2007.11.15, 01:53 PM
Where can I find the CORE lap counter system??

pinoyboy
2007.11.15, 01:55 PM
Where can I find the CORE lap counter system??
http://www.corespeedway.com/buynow.html

wiggit
2007.11.15, 08:44 PM
Well a friend of mine just bought one and got it today,where do you get the software from?None included with the sysytem.Any help would be appreciated.

CoreAnalog
2007.11.16, 01:51 AM
Well a friend of mine just bought one and got it today,where do you get the software from?None included with the sysytem.Any help would be appreciated.

You should have gotten download instructions with the system. Please contact support AT corespeedway dot com and they will give you the necessary details to access the software.

--Core

wiggit
2007.11.16, 10:58 AM
You should have gotten download instructions with the system. Please contact support AT corespeedway dot com and they will give you the necessary details to access the software.

--Core
Thanks guys i'll let them know and see how they make out.Much appreciated.