PDA

View Full Version : New Hummer body for Monster

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.20, 11:39 AM
haven't been on-line in almost 2 weeks so could'nt post pic's of new Hummer body and up-grades to monster.. has full set of ball-bearings, falanged alloy lock-nuts, gpm alloy dampers, and not yet here but ordered 47 turn blue power mini-z workshop motor..also made new links in rear to better fit body ..

well here is a pic

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.20, 11:40 AM
off body pic..

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.20, 11:42 AM
pic of old body new paint job

toyotaland369
2004.01.20, 11:46 AM
looks cool. is the hummer body diecast?

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.20, 11:50 AM
a pic i took before i ran it in the snow !! don't worry i wheather proofed it before i ran it...

Sky
2004.01.20, 11:55 AM
Hummer looks Awesome. Like what you did to the old Mad Force body too.:D good job!

arch2b
2004.01.20, 11:57 AM
very nice:D
the question now is, what is the body from and where can it be found?

Heyachi
2004.01.20, 12:18 PM
:D
Waahoooo it's very niccceee!!:cool:

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.20, 12:21 PM
thanks guys !! it is diecast it's a 1/27 scale miasto hummer body make this one then four different colors of the regular hummer body have a black on the way best part is i got it on e-bay for $.99 cents !! plus since he lended up living in the same town he dilvered it for free no shipping charge !! it's very cool door open but had the hack up most of interior and seal door to make velcro fastiens works .. still really but a bit of weight

another pic

buckaroobonsai
2004.01.20, 12:33 PM
I tried the same with the Miasto H2, (regular, not SUT), and also discovered that it made it way too heavy, (TOP HEAVY AT THAT). I'm working on a plastic H2 body now that I salvaged off some chinsey, little non-R/C, motorized toy I found at Walgreen's. It will look pretty trick if I can get it to fit right like this Overland Toyota Land Cruiser body, currently on my Mini Mad Force!

http://www.buckaroobonsai.com/madforce.htm

;)

Bad Company
2004.01.20, 07:42 PM
That is really tight looking! I need to start searching the Kmarts, etc. for cheap bodies. ;)

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.23, 04:13 PM
Must warn people on the diecast Hummer body i have it's much heavier than i orignally thought !! i put my Madforce with original body and batteries installed on a digital scale we have at work and it weighed 0.65 LBS and then weighed the hummer body and it was 0.53 LBS !! basically doubles weight of monster with hummer body on ... so i'm just gonna run it as a show body ...

bithed
2004.01.25, 08:52 PM
...Dominick hats up with your suspension arms? I am working on a similar idea to get rid of the 'rattling' in the loose stock parts...I am working on adecent, light but strong material for my arms...any hints or tips...Be good to get a close up of those on yours too if you could...great work on the hummer body mate...Looks REALLLY good...

spinoz
2004.01.25, 09:51 PM
My question is simaler to arch2b but what website did u find it on?::) :D

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.26, 09:03 AM
very easy to find just go on ebay's diecast model section and type in 1/27 and you'll find plenty of maisto's 1/27 hummer's, ram,f-150's,chevy ssr ......hope this helps

TamiyaBF
2004.01.27, 01:23 AM
Hello dom, are you the same dominic over at RCMT, with the two Sassy Usa-1s?

How do you like those GPM dampners? Im debating over them and the Kyosho Dampners.

Dominick Shaunt
2004.01.27, 08:25 AM
yep that's me !!!:) i really love these little dampers !! cool looking and functional ... who are you on RCMT ??....

TamiyaBF
2004.01.28, 02:48 AM
Well at rcmt i am Tamiyabeaterfleet but i dont post there much, i post alot on clodtalk as tamiyastock and tamiyaclub.com as tamiyabeaterfleet.

I have been putting together a mod usa-1, so i was familiar with your name as i did some digging on rcmt for usa-1 chassis, right now I have a sassy, not the c.f. dvx chassis but the aluminum one, just do bash with, it has all the sassy/thorp goodies.

I just found this place looking around for Mini-z Monster Parts.

i sure could use some foams.

bithed
2004.01.28, 09:06 AM
...Hey Tamiya...hear ya on the foams big buddy :) But heres a hot tip :) Take your tires off...find the airhole on the rim...chuck some tape on it, cover that puppy up so your tires cant breathe anymore...BINGO !!! You end up with a slightly harder effect, but ever so slightly, than filling up with the soft foams...

I am running soft ones with the hole plugged and its rolling a few steps short of hard inners :)

TamiyaBF
2004.01.29, 03:15 PM
bithead, I have a better idea, im going to snipe that auction you have for the soft foams. t-minus 11 hours and counting :) Look forward to dealin with ya
-Kyle.

audisten
2004.02.08, 12:58 PM
Hey Dom...

May I ask: How did you weather secure it??

Dominick Shaunt
2004.02.08, 02:13 PM
i secured with velcro as you can see with pic's here with off body shots ... made a special mount of velcro underneath H2 body ...can post pic's if you wanna see .... works pretty well stay on even with flips and good size jumps ..

chrislow
2004.02.20, 03:23 AM
about that idea about tapeing the holes in the wheels bithead, don't do it, i did. problem is, when you land from a jump the air in the tires forces its way between the rims and tire. then because holes are taped up, air cant get back in... causing basically a flat square tire :) sorry

bithed
2004.02.22, 10:28 PM
...Thanks Chris...I didnt quite have the same problem as you but taped holes AND soft foams were just making my tires TOO hard and i was losing traction...

...interesting that you were blowing air out though...I am thinking that there might be something else there that made you lose air and go 'square' but i dont want to mouth off and sound like a wanker :) You must be doing some SERIOUS jumping !!