PDA

View Full Version : Waiting sucks

SocialD
2004.02.10, 12:38 PM
I ordered my first mini-z last week and I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait for it to get here. After searching this site and doing a lot of reading, I finally decided to get a red MR-02 Diablo. I also went out and bought some batteries last night in anticipation of its arrivial. I decided to go with the Rayovac IC-3 after reading how much people like them. Plus, I can buy them locally.

I'd just like to say, "Thank you!" to all for the great information that has been posted on this site.

PAULANGELO
2004.02.10, 12:41 PM
Welcome. If you don't like waiting, get the following in advance
1) H plates
2) Tires and wheels

When these break, you will have a nice car and not be able to use it.

Also did you get any hopups with the Z?

SocialD
2004.02.10, 12:50 PM
I actually bought a whole bunch of hop-ups with the car. I don't plan to upgrage right away. Maybe like you said, I'll just upgrade when the stock stuff breaks. I bought some bearings, suspension parts and other misc. stuff.

PAULANGELO
2004.02.10, 01:03 PM
I recomend putting in the bearings after running approx 2 hrs on it. You will get longer run time (a few minutes) and be smoother. Then upgrade as you see fit to make it a better handleing car.

PhatCat
2004.02.10, 01:13 PM
I'll agree 100% with PAULANGELO though, you really should go ahead and order a couple of H Plates though as that was the very first thing I broke on my car and I didn't have a local parts shop that carried them for the MR-02 MM's yet so I was out a car for a week and a half waiting for a new one to be shipped to me :(

buckaroobonsai
2004.02.10, 01:52 PM
I'm a firm believer in having a "back-up". In fact I actually prefer to have a back-up to the back-up! That being said, I currently own an Enzo, a Diablo, two Mini-Mad Forces, a MR-01 and a Knight Rider "K.I.T.T." car. If for some reason I "kill" all of them, I can always fall back upon my Traxxas 4-TEC 2.5!

;)

"Nothing exceeds like excess!"

SocialD
2004.02.10, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by PAULANGELO
I recomend putting in the bearings after running approx 2 hrs on it. You will get longer run time (a few minutes) and be smoother. Then upgrade as you see fit to make it a better handleing car.

What is the reasoning to running it for 2 hours before installing the bearings? I'll probably wind up doing that anyway just because I'm going to want to use my car when I get it.

Originally posted by buckaroobonsai
I'm a firm believer in having a "back-up". In fact I actually prefer to have a back-up to the back-up! That being said, I currently own an Enzo, a Diablo, two Mini-Mad Forces, a MR-01 and a Knight Rider "K.I.T.T." car. If for some reason I "kill" all of them, I can always fall back upon my Traxxas 4-TEC 2.5!

;)

"Nothing exceeds like excess!"

I believe in having back-ups also. That's why I have five paintball markers!:D

PAULANGELO
2004.02.10, 02:06 PM
The 2 hrs is so you can get a feel for the car before you start improveing it. I just picked 2 hours out of my hat. You can run it for any amount of time. I was just thinking 2 sets of charged batteries and then off to the upgrading.

SocialD
2004.02.10, 02:09 PM
Gotcha, I was just wondering if it was some sort of break in period or something. As previously mentioned, I don't intend to rip into the car right away. I really just want to drive it first. I can't drive the thing if I have it ripped into a bunch of pieces. Again, thanks for the help/advice.

herman
2004.02.11, 06:31 AM
after 2 sets of batts... the motor will most likely been broken in...
dont forget to get a ball diff....:D the mro2 handles great out of the box... so far as i'm concerned... hop ups are just bearings, ball diff, and cf plates, and softer tires... that's it... oh yeah... and welcome to the forums...

SocialD
2004.02.20, 01:18 PM
So, saturday moring I decided to go to the shooting range with a friend. The delivery person came to deliver my mini-z while I was out of the house. I probably didn't miss her by more than 15 minutes. She didn't just leave the package because it required a signature. So, as quickly as I could, I jumped back into my truck and headed to my post office in hopes that they were still open. I was too late. So, no car on Saturday. I don't know what was worse, waiting for it to be shipped from Hong Kong or knowing that my car was a 1/2 mile away and I still couldn't get it. To make matters worse, Monday was President's day. You guessed it, The post office is closed on President's day. Damn those government workers and all of their holidays that I don't get (Darrick shakes fist in a menacing fashion in the direction of his local post office). so, I had to wait for the p.o. to open at 8:30 on Tuesday. So, I let the people at work know that I was not going to be in until 9:00 or so due to "personal reasons."

Tuesday moring comes and I wake with anxious anticipation. I hop into my truck with a big smile on my face knowing that I will have possesion of my car in just a few minutes. I drive back to the p.o. and,.....did I mention that there is a retirement community just down the street for me? I guess that I didn't realise that retired people really look forward to going to the p.o. first thing in the morning after a "holiday weekend." The place was more crowded than I have ever seen it. I think that 1/2 the retirement community was there. I finally get to the front of the line and........ready for a very anti-climatic finish? My car was there and I signed for it. Then, headed to work.

Though I've only had my car for a few days, I'm really happy with it. All I need now are some new tires so that I can drive it in my basement without so much spinning. Oh, and I need to get a track setup.

rlc77
2004.02.25, 09:19 PM
SocialD.........

Did you order from D******?

What was your complete wait time?

I'm goin nutts waitin on my Enzo.:mad:

rlc77
2004.02.25, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by rlc77
SocialD.........

Hummmmmmm

I was Censored. Sorry if I stepped on someone's toes.

SocialD
2004.02.26, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by rlc77
SocialD.........

No, I bought it off of ebay.

stuZ
2004.03.02, 08:01 PM
I guess that I didn't realise that retired people really look forward to going to the p.o. first thing in the morning after a "holiday weekend."

They were there to get their long awaited '02's as well!;)

SocialD
2004.03.03, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by stuZ
They were there to get their long awaited '02's as well!;)

I pretty sure that wasn't why they were there. The mini-z's are much to fast for them. Seriously, I think that I could pass them in their regular cars on a 55 mph road with my mini. And I'm not saying that my mini-z can do 55 mph;) .

Darrick

stuZ
2004.03.03, 02:29 PM
palm runners then? ;)

SocialD
2004.03.03, 04:06 PM
Hmmmm.....Maybe. Can plam runners operate with two batteries?

stuZ
2004.03.03, 04:29 PM
yeah, two hearing-aid batteries.;)