PDA

View Full Version : What do I have to do to run a Cobra body? (MR01F)

Mr. Furious
2004.03.02, 07:07 AM
Hey all. I was cruising around Kyosho's JP site and looking through their new releases. It says:

"** The "MR-01F" is a specially chassis for the Ferrari 512BB.
** The "MR-01F" is a specially chassis for the Shelby Cobra 427S/C.
The special MR-01F chassis and bodies are not interchangeable with the MR-01."

What's up with that? I figured it might be a special motor mount or something but they talk like it's a whole different animal. Does anyone know what all I'd have to do to make one of my MR01's run the new Ferrari or Cobra body?

Or am I in line for another readyset if I want to drive the MR01F bodies:confused:

Mr. Furious
2004.03.02, 07:10 AM
Moderators: It won't let me edit and I didn't proof read. Can someone change the title to "What do I have to do to run a Cobra body?" I just read it and it doesn't make any sense.

Thanks!

2EZ
2004.03.02, 07:54 AM
If any one gets their hands on the New Cobra let me know I want one as soon as possible. I don't think anyone has seen one yet to answer the question.

Draconious
2004.03.02, 01:36 PM
I posted a thread on this a few days/weeks ago... I was making a guess, that it was just an MR01, with the new MR02RM pod... basicly meaning they might stop making the older motor pod, and only make the newer RM pod... (newer pod is better) so the F could be Fixed? -- the Cobra, the new Ferrari, and a few other bodies are this way... probly yet another Mini-Z box style...

Mr. Furious
2004.03.02, 01:53 PM
Sorry Drac I forgot about that one but now I remember reading it. I guess I'll get a spanking for not doing a search first;) I know better than that. Anyways, I think the "F" stands for flat. A flatter motor mount to allow lower rear end bodies to be used. The new Ferrari is a good example as well as the Cobra because the hoods and trunks are about the same height. It will be neat to see what else arrives for the new chassis. I would like to see some street style 2wd pickup shells for the racer chassis. The Ford Lightning F150 and Chevy 454SS come to mind......

HammerZ
2004.03.02, 01:54 PM
Most of the stuff on the MR01-F is speculation at this point. Someone told me the only thing was the wheels and tires, At this time anybodies guess. Could be a new mounting system? Could be a revised main chassis? Who knows........? Just wait and see.

Drac's reasoning is very logical.

2EZ
2004.03.02, 02:37 PM
Could it have the new MR02 board with brakes and the old MR01 gear other wise?? Who knows?? I can't wait!!!

HammerZ
2004.03.02, 03:25 PM
The 01 designation leads me to assume that it uses the 01 servo case. So if the 02 board is used the servo will be wired up to run the other way. If it doesn't use the servo case it would be called an,....MR03...?

After looking at a die-cast model of a Cobra that I have, the nose of the chassis may be a tight fit. Those early cars don't have a lot of front overhang like the late model cars do.

Draconious
2004.03.02, 03:51 PM
Due to the swap of PCB in the Overland lately, to the MR02 PCB, (instead of the F1 like board)... I dont doubt the new MR01s to be upgraded to MR02 PCB as well... I actualy HOPE they are... :) makes parting them out better...

as for servos rotating the other way, just a wire swap on their part...

herman
2004.03.15, 10:54 PM
here's a pic on the mr01f...

just looks like an mr01 with a mr02 rm motor mount... but i may be wrong...

Ken Mifune
2004.03.16, 10:21 AM
Nice find Herman.
Even though it is alot lower, it looks like the motor clip might not get pulled off as easily because of the flat angle.

arch2b
2004.03.16, 10:54 AM
check the shop;)

mini-z
2004.03.16, 12:23 PM
I'm looking at the Cobra now :eek: ;) and it certainly is low in the back! I can't confirm the MR-01 + RM theory as I'm not willing to open a box, but if you'd like to try for yourself:

http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=917
http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=918

:D

Mr. Furious
2004.03.16, 01:42 PM
Whoooooo.........Mini-z has them first! I haven't even seen those suckers on eb@y yet. Now if I can only figure out how to sell a kidney to get one.................

mini-z
2004.03.16, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Furious
Whoooooo.........Mini-z has them first! I haven't even seen those suckers on eb@y yet. Now if I can only figure out how to sell a kidney to get one.................

:D

I suggest you start the surgery now and worry about finding a buyer later as they are going fast! :D

Mr. Furious
2004.03.16, 03:48 PM
All I need is a bottle of scotch, a bullet to bite and a hack saw:D

mini-z
2004.03.16, 04:12 PM
:D :D :D