PDA

View Full Version : Options for Audi TT body

Scoobaru
2002.02.04, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

I'm planning to use the TT body as my track body. But i noticed that the fit is quite tight in the rear. Does anyone use this body with options like the rear damper and alloy motor mount?

Thanks guys

Scoobaru:D

Russ
2002.02.04, 12:06 PM
The rear damper works fine, the kyosho one that is, don't know about GPM. I have a GPM motor mount, MZ013A I believe, it works fine too. It is a tight fit, but if you really want, you can take some sandpaper or a dremel, and make the back plastic thinner. Gives you some more room, but makes the body weaker to hits from the rear.

Scoobaru
2002.02.04, 01:52 PM
thanks for the info russ......

do u know if the roll stabilizer dampers (vertical ones) in the rear fit or not? I'm afraid that this body will not let me modify it to any extreme degree. as i plan on racing it as soon as i finish modding it, i'll be out on the tracks and entering races.... heehee.....

thanks,

Scoobaru:D

Russ
2002.02.04, 04:31 PM
I know all the kyosho shocks will work together under the Audi body, but I have no clue about the GPM shocks. I don't see why the roll shock wouldn't work, but the horizontal damper might be a little big. That's about all I can tell you!!

Scoobaru
2002.02.04, 06:30 PM
thanx Russ!

pwong
2002.02.05, 09:15 AM
I have the Topcad motor mount, rear damper and the roll shocks from Kyosho with Audi TT body... they fit fine. except that when i put in the 9T gear and put in the screws for the motor mount.. it won't fit.