PDA

View Full Version : CP Mini Raceway Racing

disruptor10
2004.04.09, 02:42 PM
Well all the winter points series are finished guys but were still racin so where's everybody been hiding ? Were still gonna race on monday F1,Tuesday MOD ,and Thursday night STOCk so practice up because it's not too long before the summer series is gonna start. Any Questions/ Problems contact Eric or Rose @ 518-371-4887 and im sure they'll help you out...awesome folks they are.

arch2b
2004.04.09, 02:54 PM
can you please post a picture of the cp branded gp 800 cells? paul is looking for some but i didn't know if you have any already

PAULANGELO
2004.04.09, 09:28 PM
Arch, I posted them and they are in my Album. In the Misc Mini Z Cup one.

Dave (or Cupcake), I have been sick this week but will be there. Plan on being there tomorrow (sat 4/10) and I am planning on racing on Monday too. Bring your Mini T

disruptor10
2004.04.11, 08:13 AM
Ok i will no prob,Happy Easter to all

TJFBryant
2004.04.12, 10:24 AM
Sweet.. I will probably still come to the stock racing night (points or no points) for as many times as I can....Do you all know that I seriously was thinking about getting another job, and dumping the one I have as a reporter JUST to race on more nights?? I love Eric's track and everything he's done for the community. I hope your around for a long time Eric, because I am still thinking of dumping my reporting job to come and RACE more often!

arch2b
2004.04.13, 01:52 PM
paul- i was reading back thru the cup race threads and realized that is was stated that cp asked to allow the "CP" branded gp800's for the regional race...(i don't recall which thread exactly). i have a few questions for anyone local to that track to answer if they can...

did cp have the right to waive the k.spec cell rule as the previous shops did? (i don't yet know who or how it was done but i'd sure like to find out)

if not, was the branded gp 800's an attempt to alleviate the "legal" cell availability issue? (which i assume it was)

if so, why require the cp branded cells? the previous regional all ran open source so to speak with no complaints thus far (although we all know the benifits of a cell rule)

another thing that caught my attention was the price... at $13 they are competitive to the k. spec wrapped gp 800's but we all know retail for a set of 4 is MUCH less. they are readibly available for about $1.50 each online (not including any shiping costs) making $13 a hefty profit for cells with a round sticker. so i'm just curious as to how and why the decision was made to require the alternate cells at what seems to me a an awfully high mark up?

i am not trying to bash anyone or even cp...just trying to make sense of the whole cell debacle that was this years cup races. i'd like to ask the similar questions to the other shop owners that had to deal with these issues... thinks sometimes don't click until much later... an i have more questions now than before it all started

PAULANGELO
2004.04.13, 02:05 PM
Arch, I wasn't part of all the discussions but from what I have learned, The Kyosho rule (their batteries) was in place for ALL the races, Then there was a problem (only 100 sets sent to the US and they were bad) So after waiting for a long time for the replacements, it was clear that they wouldn't arrive. So Eric and Alex had many talkes and Eric was assured from Alex that the rule was going to be inplace. Never happened. During all the talking, Eric and Alex agreed to the GP800's with the CP label on it as a replacement. After that agreement, I don't believe Eric could pull back on the batterie rule. Also, I believe that the finals require the CP or Kyosho cells so that even they do not have a choice. I can't speak for the price, I don't work there. I know we all were disappointed with the batterie rule and still are. At least I got 5 sets of the GP800's out of it and they are pretty good batteries. I know this dosn't answer alot of the questions but I am not the one with all the answers.

arch2b
2004.04.13, 02:21 PM
Arch, I wasn't part of all the discussions but from what I have learned, The Kyosho rule (their batteries) was in place for ALL the races, Then there was a problem (only 100 sets sent to the US and they were bad) So after waiting for a long time for the replacements, it was clear that they wouldn't arrive.

yep, we learned the reason behind the whole debalce at stampy's from alex.

So Eric and Alex had many talkes and Eric was assured from Alex that the rule was going to be inplace. Never happened. During all the talking, Eric and Alex agreed to the GP800's with the CP label on it as a replacement. After that agreement, I don't believe Eric could pull back on the batterie rule.
this is what i assumed had happened myself... it was a noble attempt to alleviate the participants from an irresponsible rule with no way to implement it due to complete lack of availability prior to the race

thanks for the reply, and you did get 800's cheaper than most 750's available in stores

TNB
2004.05.09, 12:58 AM
Since I'm no longer running the transponder and own the Mini-Tile RCP Track, I've re-installed the CP F1 bumper--I really have to stay off of the rails now. :D Regarding the photo, Tigger is simply upset that the F1 is all dirty after the post-run on the new track.

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album284/TigF1PostRCPrun1.jpg

PAULANGELO
2004.05.09, 07:38 AM
TNB, With the F1, I thought you always had to stay off the walls. Well, I thought with ANY car you need to stay off the walls. That is the idea right? :p Looks good and the rubber on the sides really adds to the looks. Tigger shouldn't be too mad ;) .

TNB
2004.05.09, 12:28 PM
I try to stay off the rails, but since the CP bumper is wider and gets caught under the rails easier than the stock bumper, I can't get "as close" to the rails especially coming around a turn on the RCP Mini-Tile track. However, I'm hoping the mini/bumper combination will make me a better driver on the super freeway, oops, I meant to write the 4L track (or 5L at RCX). :)

I tried to tell Tigger the Z's got dirty and it was a good "post-run" photo op. Tigger was also having fun watching the F1 on the Mini-Track, but it was a little difficult to drive and snap a photo too. There are more "track photos" in Gallery TNB, Album: TNB RCP Mini-Tile.

disruptor10
2004.05.16, 03:08 AM
Any one kniow there e mail address ? Is it on there sight ?

disruptor10
2004.05.17, 01:15 AM
and where's my buddy andrew when u need him ?

disruptor10
2004.05.18, 05:11 AM
Welli was at the track last night and eric was puttin the new surface down,sweet jesus now were gonna fly on that baby ,i'll be purchasing my new mro2 soon to go back to racing again.....where the heck has everyone been ? Lets all get with the program and do some racin for the summer series coming up dudes....go fast turn left and right and ......................see ya at the track

PAULANGELO
2004.05.18, 07:28 AM
If the weather is as bad as they say it is goign to be, My golf league will be rained out and I'll go tonight. Might bring my T also. Looking forward to running on the RCP track there. Oh and to answer your other question, they do not have a email address for the shop.

wcrotty
2004.05.20, 09:48 AM
Awsome guys

any pics yet?

PAULANGELO
2004.05.20, 11:36 AM
Hi Bill, I plan on going tonight for a little while. Never made it on Tuesday. I'll try to remember my camera.

TJFBryant
2004.05.20, 05:08 PM
Paul,
I won't be there tonight, because I have to work, but I ll try and be there next thursday. I definitely can't wait until the summer points series starts again.
Also, I haven't been racing in weeks, too darn busy...but I will definitely try and make it to try out the rcp track Eric has down. I am so psyched.

FInally, I don't think I am going to bring my Iwaver to the CP shop, I don't want to upset anyone and disrupt business.
As you know Iwavers aren't exactly welcomed in alot of places, so I am going to play it safe and keep it home.
MAYBE....I ll bring it in to show you someday during the summer points series, keep it on the low low...or something like that. (I feel like I am smuggling illegal goods..lol)

Are you going to be at the stock points series nights also??
Let me know. I ll try and get there to show you someday.
Again...I am releuctant because I don't want to hurt business or offend anyone.
I can bring in my DTM Sp and show you that puppy next week...its pretty sweet.

arch2b
2004.05.20, 05:30 PM
is there a NO CLONE rule at cp? what about xmods? i should think that as long as it's rc and on legal channels, it should be ok?!? doesn't make sense to allow some and exclude others?

PAULANGELO
2004.05.20, 07:13 PM
Tom, I was there tonight and I gotta say WOW :eek: . The first thing I notice is that the black tiles make the track look narrower. but that is just an illusion. The 2nd thing I noticed is how much more quite the cars run around the track. the "rubber" tiles absorb alot of the sounds that the cars used to make. and the 3rd thing is the speed. I haven't ran my mini's in like 4 weeks or more. batteries haven't seen a charger and I ran a 13.6. Eric said Andrew is running in the 11's I don't think Eric would mind the Iwaver in there and if it was like tonight, it would have been just you, Eric, me and my son. If Matt says anything I'll smack him :p . Arch, there IS a Kyosho only sign up in the shop. This is because alot of kids came in with the Xmods and had the fast motors in them. They glitched so much and the kids couldn't drive worth beans. They were smashing into the regulars and really pissing us off. We complained to the parents and they said that they were just toys. Maybe what the kids were driving but I have over $200 into just one of my "toys" and I didn't want their runny nosed kid smashing it. Sorry about rambling but if the parents had control of their kids, it could be different.

TNB
2004.05.20, 07:32 PM
A few Xmoders showed up with the same attitude at the local 4L track. One figured if he couldn't "race" you, he would try to take your car out. Another guy tried it with a Mini-T. The owner said he was going to put up signs but never did and luckily, most of the Xmoders either purchased Mini-Zs or never returned. I find it's usually the same "type" of people trying to prove something, but if you let them drive a Mini-Z they may change their tune--the LHS has F1 rentals. I've also noticed that "they're" usually the same type of "young" people with some 1/2 a$$ed cheap 1:10th scale or 1:8th scale buggy who put down Mini-Zs--then you tell them that you own a mbX5 or a Kanai 3 and they shut up--it's all about speed and power without any control. Maturity or the lack thereof is how I usually see it. Lack of proper supervision doesn't help matters either.

arch2b
2004.05.20, 09:45 PM
makes sense

biged358
2005.08.10, 04:04 PM
Hope Eric finds a track this winter

evoboy07
2005.08.24, 07:06 PM
Hey guys it's me, Kevin Kidder. Sorry I haven't seen you guys forever, but now I can't find the shop. Where are they now?? :confused:

solartech
2005.09.04, 09:28 PM
closed for now

mini-z racing
2005.09.19, 06:35 PM
Kevin, this is Andrew, what is your AOL screen name?, i think you gave it too me awhile ago and i lost it, i have to ask you something

PAULANGELO
2005.09.20, 08:32 AM
Who is the last one to talk with Eric? what are his plans. Jay sent me a email and I'm not sure how to answer him. If there isn't going to be a resuracted Mini Z race nite somewhere he is planning on selling all his stuff too. I cannot see doing that right now. most of the fun I had with it was not just racing, but working on it. so I am holding off and playing with me 18th scale for now. But the mini Z's are still there. Also have the Iwaver still in it's box and a new F1 that I had incase the cup cars needed to be replaced. Oh well.

mini-z racing
2005.09.20, 08:41 AM
Last i heard he was going to fairs and doing races,

solartech
2005.09.20, 10:33 PM
Well Paul I havent heard anything about a new location yet. I did sell 90% of my z stuff. All but 2 cars. But anyways we will be racing 1/18th scale on carpet at Renssalier this fall. I belive Ed and possibly Erics brother may race too.

arch2b
2005.09.21, 05:17 AM
i have not heard from him at all in a long time :(

PAULANGELO
2005.09.21, 07:23 AM
Well Paul I havent heard anything about a new location yet. I did sell 90% of my z stuff. All but 2 cars. But anyways we will be racing 1/18th scale on carpet at Renssalier this fall. I belive Ed and possibly Erics brother may race too.
Where abouts?? only Mini T or is the Inferno allowed? Brush or brushless setups? Carpet? You have to give me some mor info! I still have all my Z stuff. I cannot get back what i put in so might as well keep it as a reminder.

solartech
2005.09.21, 11:31 AM
Where abouts?? only Mini T or is the Inferno allowed? Brush or brushless setups? Carpet? You have to give me some mor info! I still have all my Z stuff. I cannot get back what i put in so might as well keep it as a reminder.
Carpet racing at rensalier boys club. Brush less li-po batterys are what I run. I dont see a problem with racing the infernos agenst the 18th scale trucks. Most of us run 12th scale dirt oval wege bodys so the size differnce wont matter. But foam tires are a must. That class is kinda like any thing goes open mod class. Yor mini-t may be faster on the carpet where traction is not an issue. How is the inferno? I have not seen one yet.

solartech
2005.09.21, 11:32 AM
I sent you an e-mail with the link to the carpet track.

solartech
2005.10.03, 08:56 AM
Hey Eric any word on the track reopening?