PDA

View Full Version : MR-01 bodies on MR-02 ?

Kerosene
2004.04.10, 02:16 AM
I'm new to Mini-Z and am thinking about getting an MR-02 RM - but don't really like any of the RTR bodies.

Do MR-01 bodies fit on the MR-02 RM chassis?

HammerZ
2004.04.10, 07:01 AM
Yes the wide bodies fit right on the RM cars. The only thing to watch is the track width on some of the narrow bodies. The front kingpins on the MR02's is out around 5mm more than the MR01's. The wheels on the MR01's that are offset out will make the wheels stick out on an MR02. You should use a standard offset wheel up front on an MR02 to keep the tires inside of the fenders.
Hope this helps.

Kerosene
2004.04.10, 08:38 AM
Sorry about these crappy newby questions:

How do I know if an MR-01/autoscale/third party body is narrow or wide?

What's a "standard offset wheel" - is this just a normal MR-01 wheel?

I'd really like to get an MR-02 RM (NSX) and then eventually get a MR-01 CML Peugeot body for it.
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/tc_bodyshell.htm

HammerZ
2004.04.10, 09:13 AM
Most all that I refered to is the Kyosho bodies, The Autoscales are just replacment bodies that come with the wheels and tires for the car. The MR02 just has a wider front track than the MR01. The standard offset wheel the bearing on the inside is set close to the rim whereas an offset wheel the inside bearing sticks out some and on the wide bodies the offset is about 2.5mm and if those wheels were used on an MR02 they will stick out past the fenders and look funny. Some 3rd party bodies may be too narrow to fit the MR02 chassis around the battery boxes. The Kyosho bodies that are the standard width will fit tight around the battery boxes. Some of the wide bodies are the NSX'es, Supra's, and the CLK's, there are others but I cannot think of them off the top of my head right now. I think there is a body list in the FAQ section, it may need to be updated but it's a start.

Kerosene
2004.04.10, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info.
I like the Supras. So that's good news that they'll fit. I'd buy one of the MR-02 Supras, but I can't find one at a good enough price.

So if I have the wrong wheels it will just look silly? Or do the wheels hit the shell?

0shark0
2004.04.10, 11:13 AM
The Supra seems to have tight front wheel wells for me. I have a mr01 Supra and it give me some problems with the mr02 chassis. Corvette, Calsonic/Xanavi GT-R's, and F40 are other wide bodied cars.

Right now I'm using a vette body on mine and it is a decent fit.

lfisminiz
2004.04.10, 11:07 PM
Look at the supra readysets here in the shop.They just got them and have a good price.If you buy another mr-02 readyset,you can use those rims on a mr-01 supra body.

mini-z
2004.04.13, 11:46 AM
Kerosene, are you in the UK (I'm just assuming since you linked to CML's site)? If so, please email us at shop@ for a shipping quote. Thanks! :)

Over Land Man
2004.04.13, 10:14 PM
Does the Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vodafone body fit the MR-02 chassis? If so which one would I have to get? RM or MM?

HammerZ
2004.04.13, 11:24 PM
Does the Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vodafone body fit the MR-02 chassis? If so which one would I have to get? RM or MM?
Off hand I would say the RM, and it should fit. The MM will be a little long.

Over Land Man
2004.04.14, 01:28 PM
Ok thanks! But would I have to do any other mods to the chassis for it to fit?

Z-as in Zorglup
2004.04.15, 07:25 PM
Ok thanks! But would I have to do any other mods to the chassis for it to fit?
Nope !! It will fit like a glove on RM-chassis !! :)