PDA

View Full Version : custom Enzo

Stoovey
2004.04.20, 10:29 PM
I've got an OL and I'm looking at getting an MR-02 Enzo sometime. My plan is to get the running chassis in the future, but right now I'm getting the Enzo body. I ordered the white body and will be getting it custom painted in the scheme of Jeff Gordon's #24 Dupont. That should look sweet!

Draconious
2004.04.20, 11:15 PM
Ferrari = Red.. .no other colors, or nascar theme, do it justice ;)

Stoovey
2004.04.21, 05:20 PM
I disagree, Draco. It's my party and I'll buy if I want to! :)

TeaQue
2004.04.21, 06:59 PM
You're painting a FERRARI with a NASCAR scheme???? :eek:

If i saw that car going down the street i'd run it over :p

Stoovey
2004.04.21, 09:03 PM
If i saw that car going down the street i'd run it over :p

If I was driving, you'd never catch me... :D

TeaQue
2004.04.21, 09:38 PM
If I was driving, you'd never catch me... :D

uh... 1:1 4x4 Montero > 1:28 mini-z

I could fit 2 mini-z side by side in the width of my tires :p

Stoovey
2004.04.21, 10:14 PM
Bully. 1:1 taking on a little Mini-Z?! :D

TeaQue
2004.04.21, 10:45 PM
Bully. 1:1 taking on a little Mini-Z?! :D

thats what you get for molesting italian muscle :D

RedRSX
2004.04.22, 12:02 AM
thats what you get for molesting italian muscle :D

I 100% agree with Tea! How could you disgrace an awesome car by putting that crap on it?! Thats just as bad as doing a "teletubbies" theme on your enzo :eek:

pHREDD
2004.04.22, 12:19 AM
Being a huge fan of Nascar I wouldn’t mind seeing this done. Its his car he can paint it anyway he wants. We should encourage him not discourage him. I would not have tried and or done half of the things I have done if not for viewing other peoples projects. Some I have liked and some I haven’t liked but all of them have been inspirational.

Ken Mifune
2004.04.22, 12:20 AM
but why NASCAR? The Enzo was based on the concept of a "F1-Street Racer". Hence, the styling and chassis layout.

and I happen to like Teletubbies, especially La-la.

Stoovey
2004.04.22, 12:57 AM
Why NASCAR? Because I enjoy NASCAR. I also enjoy F1 and a wide variety of motorsports. I especially enjoy 24 hour endurance racing, in which the cars are often stock in appearance and have sponsors much like in NASCAR. Jeff Gordon is my favorite NASCAR driver and Michael Schumacher is my favorite F1 driver. What better way to merge my love of NASCAR with my love of the Ferrari Enzo?

Besides, as pHREDD said, it is my car. I really thought I'd get more "wow, sounds cool" comments...not this trash talk.

Ken Mifune
2004.04.22, 05:27 AM
whoa. I was just asking a question. Why are you picking on me after such strong berating from other negative responses? I was just trying to point out the fact that the Enzo is F1 influenced, not NASCAR.

yeah, I'm actually surprised at all the trash talk, and you're also right it's your project so f*ck it up any way you want. ;)

TeaQue
2004.04.22, 08:03 AM
Why NASCAR? Because I enjoy NASCAR. I also enjoy F1 and a wide variety of motorsports. I especially enjoy 24 hour endurance racing, in which the cars are often stock in appearance and have sponsors much like in NASCAR. Jeff Gordon is my favorite NASCAR driver and Michael Schumacher is my favorite F1 driver. What better way to merge my love of NASCAR with my love of the Ferrari Enzo?

Besides, as pHREDD said, it is my car. I really thought I'd get more "wow, sounds cool" comments...not this trash talk.

Good luck with it!

I didn't mean to offend if I did :o

El Rojo
2004.04.22, 09:26 AM
Stoovey,

As a custom body painter, I can say your idea is intriguing.

Although I do not like NASCAR (well I'm not a fan at least, never really watched it, so I can't say I dislike it either), I like your idea of custom painting a Ferrari. It's this kind of thinking that keeps the hobby invigorated, I love to see these paint jobs that "break the mold" by bucking conventional thinking. I've seen rocketships painted in UPS delivery livery; practical-no, inventive-yes.

Please post pics when you complete it!

El Rojo

arch2b
2004.04.22, 09:42 AM
enough

unorthadox idea's can draw some unwelcome comments. just look at the lowrider overland threads :rolleyes:

as stated...even though it might not be your taste, this is a forum for sharing, not bashing. if he wants a nascar donut driving enzo, than so be it :p i've done some odd stuff over the last 2 years or so that have not been accepted as well as i thought as well... the whole ralli art decal on an x5 sparked some pointless arguing. i also plan on doing a ralle inspired f1 design :eek:

so, if the pointless arguing continues i'll close the thread... i hate to wave the big stick around but i will if i have to

mini-z
2004.04.22, 10:54 AM
I really thought I'd get more "wow, sounds cool" comments...not this trash talk.

Gosh, me too, come on guys, be a bit more supportive! :mad: I'm not an oval fan myself, but I think anyone who can take on a white body deserves some respect. :) While the idea sounds a little radical, I actually saw something very similar at the Cup at TTs and it looked good. I'll see if I can find the pic... :cool:

nutsfu
2004.04.22, 01:03 PM
Stoovey I think its a great idea. While I don't like Jeff Gordon I still think it would look really cool to see an Enzo with that paintjob. And don't let these comments get you down, I think most people were just joking. My friends make fun of me for watching Nascar, but that doesn't stop me from watching it. Post some pics when you get it done.

Stoovey
2004.04.22, 05:08 PM
Actually, this Enzo will be favorable for the road courses. I love it when NASCAR visits the road courses! Unfortunately, they dropped one and now only have one per year. Figures. I guess they couldn't stand Jeff Gordon winning six straight road course races. Would've been more than that had some punks ruined his day severals times after that...

Anyway, like it has been pointed out, there are plenty of series that could potentially use a sponsor painted Enzo. I watch pretty much anything with four wheels going fast, except drag racing.

I should also note that Jeff Gordon has expressed interest in driving F1, not that he's leaving NASCAR, but that he would love to drive F1 if his life had taken him down that road. I think he'd be perfect in a Ferrari, thus an Enzo, thus my concept isn't a far stretch.

mini-z
2004.04.25, 06:38 PM
I'll see if I can find the pic... :cool:

Here it is; can someone remind me whose this was?

Stoovey
2004.05.23, 10:07 PM
An update: I got the white body Enzo a few weeks ago...okay, a little longer than that. But I have it. I also have 1:24 NASCAR Dupont scheme decals which clearly don't fit the Enzo for size and will be used on another project in the future, probably something 1:24 that happens to fit the Mini-Z.

I also nailed down a source for a custom set of decals. These decals will not include the flames, which I would like to have painted directly on the body. I am still looking for someone who can do it on that scale and be as close to the actual scheme as possible.

I'm excited to see this all pull together. Most likely, it will be my "show" body and not something I'll be driving around at top-speed. Wouldn't want to risk damaging it.

Stay tuned for more developments...

Eternalight
2004.05.24, 02:50 PM
I just ordered a yellow enzo and that thing looks nice. Now to hear about a custom enzo is even more nice. Like alot of other replies, I'm not a big NASCAR fan but who gives? What matters is it's gonna be unique, hopefully. Looking foward to some pictures :)

TheGiftedOne
2004.05.24, 04:03 PM
Here it is; can someone remind me whose this was?

the person's username was rckid1. heres the original thread and another pik. http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12300&highlight=enzo+decals

El Rojo
2004.06.01, 03:20 PM
Stoovey,

Check here in the shop, I believe you can get a custom paintjob complete with custom decals. The only downside is it takes a long time as the bodies are all done by hand (including a hand-rubbed finish) but the results are certainly contest worthy.

El Rojo

Aaronnn
2004.06.07, 06:13 PM
stoovey, i cant wait to see a pic!
its a good thing to make your enzo unique!
otherwise you get messed up in-between all the yellow ones or red ones....

i am still waiting for my enzo...and when it gets here... its off to the garage for new paint...i plan on giving it a silver strip or strips...i will post when complete!
i am trying to get a team look for all my mini-z's....i will post when the project is complete....

p.s. your welcome to race on my track unless you drive a RedRSX, otherwise expect to get TeaQue'd !!!

ouch ! dang that hurt...arch2b stop hitting me with that stick!!

arch2b
2004.06.07, 06:26 PM
:confused: i must be out of the loop :p

i can't wait to see your team look.

i should have 3 new custom painted asc's to show in the next week or so ;)