PDA

View Full Version : worth it?

drmrby88
2004.05.02, 09:59 AM
Is the MR-02 really worth getting?

if so which is the best body?

Pedro Castro
2004.05.02, 10:22 AM
I think the difference in andling MR01 and MR02 is amazing :eek: ; MR02 really takes the advantage; it is well worth the money. :D
As for bodys, i think Enzo is the best, :p but Corvette is pretty good, too. :cool:

West.F1
2004.05.02, 10:31 AM
is there a racing league you plan on getting actively involved with? If so the answer is a definate yes. Racing these is just as fun and competitive as 10th scale with less cost and less room to occupy your stuff with (i've been there and done that).

Course you don't have to race to enjoy having a MiniZ. I bought my F1 for example before there was a league created. Just depends what you really want out of it.

Best bod? Again, depends what you want. I like the merc bods cause i'm a merc fan. On the other hand, the c5r, nsx and Enzo's are better aerodynamically for racing.

techno
2004.05.02, 10:36 AM
Don’t forget the biggest feature I have found lately is the addition of the servo saver say it again s e r v o s a v e r after replacing the servo gears twice on the same car one set did not last 2 laps arrgh!!!!
That alone makes it worth while to get the MR-02 for me

Pedro Castro
2004.05.02, 11:42 AM
Don’t forget the biggest feature I have found lately is the addition of the servo saver say it again s e r v o s a v e r after replacing the servo gears twice on the same car one set did not last 2 laps arrgh!!!!
That alone makes it worth while to get the MR-02 for me

Yes, i really agree!!! ;)

revzalot
2004.05.02, 10:01 PM
I have to agree. The MR02 chassis performs great out of the box. Kyosho designed it to have a low cg. My MR01 kept rolling over when I first took it out of the box. Its always better to get mr02 with a low ceiling like the enzo, nsx, c5r. The lower cg the better.

jeffrey
2004.05.03, 12:06 AM
can anyone tell me the the wheel base on the MR-02 cars such as the enzo....the diablo....the ferrari 512....the ferrai f50.....lambi jota........and does anyone know where i can find pictures of all these cars?

techno
2004.05.03, 07:14 AM
enzo and diablo are MR02 mm and the others are mr01 but might be altered to fit the mr02 rm

Nanoframe
2004.05.03, 08:11 AM
can anyone tell me the the wheel base on the MR-02 cars such as the enzo....the diablo....the ferrari 512....the ferrai f50.....lambi jota........and does anyone know where i can find pictures of all these cars?

MR02MM Enzo 98mm
MR02MM Diablo 98mm

MR01F Ferrari 512 94mm
MR02RML Ferrari F50 94mm
MR01 Lamborghini Jota 94mm

Pictures can be found here. Just navigate through the pages via the numbered link located at the top and bottom of the webpage.

http://www.mini-z.jp/modules/catalog/viewcat.php?cid=7&orderby=dateD

Akira_kj
2004.05.03, 12:43 PM
servo saver huh? hows that diffrent from the MR01 i got?

When you speak of "rolling over" i assume you mean a traction roll witch can be countered with the correct tires and lower rims. I know first hand, I got the x speed motor and a gold differential and racing bearings for my Impreza #10 and the second i put on gpm alloy rims with treaded tires it flipped every time i didnt let off the gas early enuf on a sharp turn.... it took me all of 10 seconds to pop on some slicks and presto...no traction rolls...also loosening up your differnetial would allow the rear tires to rotate at diffrent speeds easyer and let the rear end get less violent shutter caused by sudden traction spikes.

Actualy...at the low speed you get from the cars...wind resistance realy isnt a issue unless your drag racing for top speed...on a technical course the lower your car is the lower yor center of gravity would be....so a lower car like a nsx or enzo would be good but take in consideration the weight of the body too...1/2 a ounce will put more strain on your motor and make you go slower than the guy next to you....lower body= most possibly less wieght ..wider the body= lower center of gravity.

hope this helps...feel free to blast me im sure i put somthing wrong in here lol