PDA

View Full Version : F1s and the Mini-tile 96

francis_Z
2004.05.17, 10:01 PM
After almost 2 weeks of owning a Mini-tile 96 and running only F1s, I was short of selling the F1s and buying MR-02s.

Reason being, (and RCP kindly gave me warnings and hints to solve it), the F1s get stuck quite often under the rails. Understandable due to the front-end design but it was just quite too often. Not to mention, we run with bumpers behind the throttle to slow them down a bit.

But I discovered something tonight on the F1s. One of them, even running at full power (no trigger bumper) won't get stuck at the same spots as the others easily would. The only difference was the clear bumper!. Of all 4, the Toyota of A. McNish is the only one with the new and revised bumper. One that is not flat up front but rather with a slant or slope or whatever. The Toyota will just bounce off of the rails where others will get stuck.

So I guess that's the key to running F1s on the Mini-tile 96, of course other than not hitting the rails :D. New bumpers and good they're like $4.00+ only. Wonder if the same happens to the 50cm tiles ....

Thought I'd share this little discovery of mine.

TNB
2004.05.18, 12:42 AM
I've seen Enzos get stuck under the rails on a 4L. Of course, the rail in the area has seen its share of hits. :D

BovineD
2004.05.18, 02:38 PM
Hey there TNB I gotta quick question for ya...

On your gallery pics what combination of RCP tracks are you using for that layout and what is the approximate size of that track Width to length in terms of feet?

It looks great iand I want an idea of size to check my area at work to see if it will fit.

I LOVE your cat pics by the way...Too Cute! Looks like its around my house; nothing but cats and miniz's everywhere!

fraz
2004.05.18, 05:30 PM
On my mt-96 track I have run my F1 and have not got stuck yet. I don't know which bumper I have though. Maybe you could post a pic and show the difference.

The only thing I did notice about the mt-96 track that was mildly annoying was the rebound off the straight rails. The smaller track and rails have a shorter ditance between pins so they are less flexible side rails. What happens when you hit them when running their length is it will shoot you across the track unexpectedly. This doesn't happen all the time and it is only with the sedans, but it was a difference I noticed. The F1 cars can hop over and ride the rails which I haven't found to be a problem yet.

Aaronnn
2004.05.18, 05:44 PM
nobody else hits the rails, fraz whats your problem ?...j/k

arch2b
2004.05.18, 08:55 PM
i like the lower rails! if your a little rough on the track you can ride over the rails and back on to where you were going :p

TNB
2004.05.18, 10:04 PM
Hey there TNB I gotta quick question for ya...

On your gallery pics what combination of RCP tracks are you using for that layout and what is the approximate size of that track Width to length in terms of feet?

It looks great iand I want an idea of size to check my area at work to see if it will fit.

I LOVE your cat pics by the way...Too Cute! Looks like its around my house; nothing but cats and miniz's everywhere!
It's my understanding that the Danseys track is four "Ls" and is 25ft x 16ft.
The one in the driveway (mine) is a single mini-tile, which from my understanding is slightly larger than a 1L--9'8" x 12'11" according to the information on the MZR shop information. I've never measured the mini-tile when it was set up but I'd guess it's around 10' x 12' (or even 10' x 13' since that would make it slightly larger than a 1L). Perhaps, I'll measure it the next time.

TNB thank you. They are double teaming me right now because it is feeding time--they got spoiled when I was getting in more practice because I used to feed them earlier.