PDA

View Full Version : Anything happening in Sydney ?

Phenochilus
2004.06.17, 08:54 PM
Seems pretty dead in the Sydney Z community....

Anyone out there ? :cool:

Tim!
2004.06.18, 03:08 AM
Hey phil welcome, we have races every sunday at Meadowbank in Sydney and we have about 8-9 racers about 15mini-z! so come around and hope to see you there~

For more info go to www.ausmicro.com and you'll find the exact details of the race and some videos and pics we took at the race! :D :D

If you find the link useful you can click on mine for referal credits nothing much,
http://www.ausmicro.com/policy.asp?rname=Tim

Phenochilus
2004.06.20, 09:04 PM
Hey phil welcome, we have races every sunday at Meadowbank in Sydney and we have about 8-9 racers about 15mini-z! so come around and hope to see you there~

Tin,

Coupla questions.

Is this a track setup at meadowbank ? What surface are you running ?

Also, what classes of races do you have ? :cool:

Pheno.

Geo-Z
2004.06.21, 02:08 AM
Pheno, we usually do drag races around a pole or length of hose and back; otherwise, we just let 'em run around like wild chickens :rolleyes: sometimes kevsta brings timber shafts for us to make a simple L shape track, and Tim is supposedly working on a larger track.

At Ausmicro, there are several people with multiple Z's each, the atmosphere is all round nice, and the netball courts at meadowbank are level, smooth and provide suitable grip. We may be meeting up with the Ausmicro community in Canberra and Melbourne in the coming months, so registar and be known :cool:

BTW we usually have stock class MRO1's, Monsters, and Open class MR01's......we all have Bitchar-G and sometimes race those too. I have an F1 and Overland, while most of the other have MR01s and Monsters.

Tim!
2004.06.24, 01:05 AM
Tin,

Coupla questions.

Is this a track setup at meadowbank ? What surface are you running ?

Also, what classes of races do you have ? :cool:

Pheno.

The track is still in progress but Meadow Bank netball court is huge so you run your Mini-z freely without hitting a wall or something. :D

The surface is smooth and definently suitable for mini-z racing, you don't need 10 degrees tyres to control, any sort of tyres are suitable.

As for classes, as Geo said earlier we have many different classes open and stock but majority of us fall under the open classes since we enjoy modding our car~

Here is some of the pictures and videos we took at the day. Enjoy

http://www.ausmicro.com/galleries/miniz/sydney25-4-04/MeadowbankMinizdrag1.avi

http://www.ausmicro.com/galleries/miniz/sydney25-4-04/MeadowbankMinizdrag2.avi

http://www.ausmicro.com/galleries/miniz/sydney25-4-04/MeadowbankMinizdrag3.avi

http://www.ausmicro.com/galleries/miniz/sydney25-4-04/index.html

Phenochilus
2004.06.24, 09:11 PM
Pheno, we usually do drag races around a pole or length of hose and back; otherwise, we just let 'em run around like wild chickens :rolleyes: sometimes kevsta brings timber shafts for us to make a simple L shape track, and Tim is supposedly working on a larger track.

Geo,

On average, how many ppl usually turn up ? If its only a small number, then I'd probably have more enjoyment racing in my garage track with a coupla friends.

Also, letting you z run around like wild chooks, how do you avoid the strong possiblity of head on collisions ? I know z's don't fair too well in even small collisions with shells coming off chassis, headlights/side mirrors falling off etc.

Pheno.

Tim!
2004.06.25, 09:15 AM
Geo,

On average, how many ppl usually turn up ? If its only a small number, then I'd probably have more enjoyment racing in my garage track with a coupla friends.

Also, letting you z run around like wild chooks, how do you avoid the strong possiblity of head on collisions ? I know z's don't fair too well in even small collisions with shells coming off chassis, headlights/side mirrors falling off etc.

Pheno.

Pheno have you seen the pics and video yet?

Well we have a group about approx. 10 people or more because more people have been coming and not too sure on the exact number. Why don't you bring your friend along as well so we can more z and more fun :eek:
Don't worry about crystals collision because several of the racers bought special individual crystals online so it won't collide because we had that problem at the start but it's now solved.

As for the wild chook part, yes we do have collisions every now and than but nothing too serious. The place is huge so we have heaps of space to run so it reduces the chance of collision. As for shell coming off chasis in small collisions i would think your shell clips are bit loose or cracked because the shell should be stable and stuck at all time. As for headlights and mirrors yeah it's common it falls off we pick it back up (if we're lucky to find it back) and glue it back :D

http://www.courtcraft.com.au/meadowbank_netball_courts.htm

Here's the place we race on sunday then you'll know how big that place is/

Phenochilus
2004.07.01, 08:38 PM
Okay Tin,

Let me know when the next big day is where a lot of you will be attending and I'll come and visit. :)

micromonsterz
2004.07.01, 10:28 PM
Hey guys im trying (with no luck yet) to get an rcp mini tile track to sydney. If i do im sure we could manage a place thats local to everyone for some racing.

You guys doing any monster oval racing ?

Tim!
2004.07.03, 11:06 PM
Okay Tin,

Let me know when the next big day is where a lot of you will be attending and I'll come and visit. :)

Pheno my name is 'Tim' not 'Tin', ROFL

Well our next big day would be 8th of August a Sunday and the 15th the Sunday after. Bring all your rc toys around and we'll race it ;) we have Rs4 monsters F1 mini-z stock & mod, bit-charg u name it! If you feel happy bring your other friends along and we'll have fun together!

Just curious how old are you and your mates? :D

Hey guys im trying (with no luck yet) to get an rcp mini tile track to sydney. If i do im sure we could manage a place thats local to everyone for some racing.

You guys doing any monster oval racing ?

As for the monster oval racing, we don't do much with our monsters we race whatever we want but it is a netball court after not much of a offroad track just grass(soccer field next to us) we only have 2 monsters from my memory but come down and we'll fun together mate.

Tim!
2004.07.13, 08:56 AM
Sorry boyz big typo there, i must of looked at the wrong month LOL!

I should of meant 11th and the 18th of July not August as i typed earlier.

There is a big race coming up this saturday for a change on the 18th of July

Cheers

(Thanks Dgs for picking up the mistake ;) )

Phenochilus
2004.07.27, 01:31 AM
So when is the next race dudes ?