PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Town Chattanooga TN

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

pHREDD
2004.07.02, 12:20 AM
We had a great time at race night at hobby town in Chattanooga TN. I wanted to post a few pics I took at the store on race night. Our track setup was a small oval running on the slick side. I also took some shots at the tennis courts. It had just quit raining and we had to get the blowers out and dry the track :D . If anyone is close to the area we Invite you to come race with us. We had 2 new people buy cars tonight. We are really getting a strong following and the sales have really went up at the store.

Check out the pics!!!

pHREDD
2004.07.02, 12:23 AM
Here are more tennis court pics

and a group photo of the drivers

Guess which one is me :eek:

Ninja
2004.07.02, 07:23 PM
hEY pHREDD. its me Lamar (chunk) i enjoyed the pics you posted. Cant wait to get the CD from you and post them on my site which currently resides HERE -----> WWW.Ninjas-RC.tk (http://www.ninjas-rc.tk) im working on posting some pics of my RX-7 as we speak, just got to get motivated :D, also for the others that have never seen any of my cars in person please feel free to click on that link to my web-site :cool: also pHREDD I tried to add you to my MSN buddy list but I must have your e-mail wrong :o but you have mine so mail me a message and I can add you up. LATER DAYZ!

TNB
2004.07.02, 07:34 PM
pHREDD,

How is the "slick" side compared to the textured side?

pHREDD
2004.07.02, 07:52 PM
Ninja, Glad to see you have joined the forums. I will have your cd with the rest of the pics on Thursday. I loved the decal work you did on your blue RX-7. Some of the other members on this site might be intrested in yout decal work. IT RULEZ :D I must have got your email wrong too because your gets kicked back also. Mine is fred.brown@att.net give me a shout so I will have your correct email address. It was Fun last race night...."Chunk Kicked every bodys butt" His RX-7 is fast....

Cool web site...u need more pics :cool:

TNB...It seems to me the "slick" side of the RCP track has more grip than the other. maybe its the GPM grooved tires I run. THe other racers think Im crazy but I think it grips better. THe Short Oval slick track wasnt one of my favorites but it was fun. Lets one hone their driving skills. All we have at the LHS is the wide L and we have to be as creative as we can...

TNB
2004.07.02, 08:07 PM
I thought about trying the "slick" side on the Mini-Tile, but I'm just too lazy to reverse all the rails, especially since I don't know of anyone personally running on the slick side. Well, I have to go now since I'm off to the "big" races tonight--jet-quad car burn, demolition derby, fireworks, and racing of course.

http://www.lvms.com/news/news_flash/437181.html

Ninja
2004.07.02, 09:16 PM
Im running Stock Compound tires and I also believe that the slick side of the tiles has better grip but my fronts still push when i steer, maybe i just need to break down and order a ball diff. and a nice set of grooved tires like pHREDD's :D

pHREDD
2004.07.02, 11:13 PM
Ninja, here a pic of your RX-7 in motion from last weeks race night.

also another one from the courts

Ninja
2004.07.03, 06:31 PM
thats cool phredd, i like that pic from the shop. the ones from the courts are a little dark but they are ok. cant wait till thursday to check out that mini-dyno ;)

Ninja
2004.07.03, 06:33 PM
seeing all the custom bodies on here makes me want to go out and buy some 1/24 or 1/25 models and get to work :D you guys are doing great work on these bodies. keep up the good work.

pHREDD
2004.07.03, 08:42 PM
I will bring it thursday. There are a loot of bodys that will work on our Z's Glad your having FUN :p

bENZinO
2004.07.04, 11:33 PM
OK! i made it guys (<<David). sorry it took me a few days! thanks for the photo-ops pHREDD I had a great time thursday. its killing me that my h-plate is no longer with us.
I have a set of C.F. ones on order pHREDD, but im not sure if they'll be here by thursday, so if u have an extra i could run/buy, that'd be GREAT! :D Also have a set of GPM Radials on the way too so watch out Chunk!

pHREDD
2004.07.04, 11:39 PM
We hadnt given up on you bENZinO, Glad to see you on the forums...I will bring a H-plate on Thursday in case you dont get yours in time. Looking at the weather forcast for Thursday you might wanna bring your Jet dryer for the courts. :p

bENZinO
2004.07.04, 11:48 PM
:p LOL did i tell u i actually have one at work thats an industrial floor dryer?
'preciate the offer on the h-plate. ill take u up on it if mine dont show by thursday

pHREDD
2004.07.04, 11:52 PM
If it gets real bad...several of our board members have made custom h-plates cutting them out of plastic (cd cases and credit card like material)

That might get you by until Thursday

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 12:04 AM
i thought of that (except for the credit card material part), and it would have been done if i had a dremel. but cc plastic i can do w a zacto knife...
hmmmm..... (smoke pours from ears and knife suddenly appears in hand)

pHREDD
2004.07.05, 12:09 AM
I have several old gift cards and membership cards I could use

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 12:12 AM
i have a library card and a couple of "bonus" cards
no thing i'll miss :D

pHREDD
2004.07.05, 12:15 AM
at least it will get you by so you can run your z

Ninja
2004.07.05, 12:16 AM
Just use your immagination David I'm sure it will work out for you. mine did and you saw me run last Thursday ;)

pHREDD
2004.07.05, 12:22 AM
heres a shot of bENZinO's ENZO in action :D

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 12:23 AM
test fitting as we speak

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 12:33 AM
?? now where' s that drill?

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 01:00 AM
well its all screwed back together and will hold its own weightpretty well.
i wish i had a camera to show u guys.

pHREDD
2004.07.05, 01:07 AM
hhhmmm.....yeah too bad....I would like to see it

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 02:14 PM
well, i got it out on the asphalt and it seemed to hold up well.
thanks for the tip, I believe it will get me to thursday... :D

Ninja
2004.07.05, 02:29 PM
Good job bENZinO I knew you could do it :D

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 02:35 PM
thanks Chunk! i'm gonna run it on the carpet a little tonight at work too.
i'll try to let u (all) know how it went.

Ninja
2004.07.05, 02:38 PM
carefull on that carpet. it tends to grip alot better than the track at Hobby Town ;)

bENZinO
2004.07.05, 02:49 PM
thanks, man. i might just do it in the parking lot, it's pretty smooth.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 01:02 AM
... not smooth enough :mad: , but the carpet worked ok. anyway, the ghetto
h-plate held, and i was zoomin'.

Ninja
2004.07.06, 01:26 AM
thats great bENZinO. my ghetto plate works better than the stock plate :) lol

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 01:17 PM
Anyways...I hope you guys will be ready on race night :rolleyes: . If my new shippment of parts arrives before thursday I might have a few new suprises. I will being a few extra h-plates just in case. ;)

Ninja
2004.07.06, 04:19 PM
pHREDD ur killing us here. dont you at least want a challenge? Cant say I blame you tho. If I had the money I would have alreay ordered the $340 worth of parts on my wish list :D Cant wait to see the new parts and acc. you have in line for us to dream about. Maybe this week I will get The ball diff. and order a set of dry bearings from here. ;)

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 04:24 PM
I have to compensate for my lack of driving ability somehow :D . Iím sure you guys will catch and pass me soon enough. The ball diff and dry bearings will make a huge difference. Get them soon.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 06:32 PM
if u spin :eek: we MIGHT catch u, but pass.... that's doubtfull.
and what do u mean new parts? dont u have everything already?

Ninja
2004.07.06, 06:50 PM
Daniel Son, you will soon learn the wisdom of the Mini-Z racer. You will NEVER have everything. They just keep coming up with new stuff. As for me I want the Modified RS4 motor and fets on my Mini-Z. I saw the motor mounts available somewhere but cant remember where. :rolleyes: There are also some photos in the Gallery that show a Mini-Z with this mod already done. If I happen to run accross it somewhere I will be sure to make a post on it. :)

Shaun
2004.07.06, 07:03 PM
What days do you guys race? Time? Rules?

I'm about an hour south of Chattanooga in GA.

I've got a Mini-Z that's just collecting dust. I would like to race.
Maybe I could come up and race one day?

Here's my Z!

Ninja
2004.07.06, 07:13 PM
Shaun I also live in GA, in the Dalton area. We race on thursday Nights from 6 till 8, from there we run on over to the local middle school and check out our speed on the courts. We would be glad if you came. Do you know where the location is? If not I work in the Dalton/Tunnel Hill area and would be glad to meet you somewhere and you could follow me up. :D

Ninja
2004.07.06, 07:16 PM
Also there are NO rules. Be prepared for your car to take some damage. Nothing Major, H-Plates get snapped, Mirrors taken off, Servo Gears busted, and the occasional body clip broke but nothing that will cost ya alot of money or time to fix.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 07:19 PM
What days do you guys race? Time? Rules?

I'm about an hour south of Chattanooga in GA.

I've got a Mini-Z that's just collecting dust. I would like to race.
Maybe I could come up and race one day?

Here's my Z!

We race every Thursday night. 6pm - 8pm at Hobby Town in Hixson TN. After that we finish up at the tennis courts from about 8:30pm - 11Ppm. Georgia is not that far. Ninja lives in Ga and hasn't missed yet :D. Our Rules? there are no rules. you run what you brung. We dont follow any Kyosho Cup rules...yet. You are welcome to come up and race anytime.

We are really just getting started but people keep joining every week. It started out with 4 people now were up to 6 to 9 people racing on race night.

(looks like we posted at the same time)

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 07:25 PM
if u spin :eek: we MIGHT catch u, but pass.... that's doubtfull.
and what do u mean new parts? dont u have everything already?

If I spin? you must mean when I spin..... :p You can never have enough Z parts :D

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 07:28 PM
Daniel Son, you will soon learn the wisdom of the Mini-Z racer...... As for me I want the Modified RS4 motor and fets on my Mini-Z ....

You see...this Is why I have to keep upgrading :D

Shaun
2004.07.06, 07:30 PM
Sounds like fun!

What kind of layout do you guys have for the track?
I like road-courses. Ovals are fun too. What kind of surface is it?

Here's a pic of the carpet track we used to race our Z's on.

It's in Kennesaw,Ga.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 07:37 PM
WoW..if your used to racing on that you will kick our bootys....All we have at our LHS is the RCP wide L

Shaun
2004.07.06, 07:42 PM
Is the HobbyTown your racing at in Northgate Mall?

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 07:45 PM
BINGO!!! (actually its across from it) Hope you can make it on Thursday :D

Shaun
2004.07.06, 08:03 PM
I'll have to see about Thursday.

How many guys plan on being there?

My Z.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 08:11 PM
THere should be about 6 people.

Thats a nice looking Chassie.....If you come will you race it?

Shaun
2004.07.06, 08:16 PM
Sure! It has been raced quite a bit.

I got all metal servo gears! Mirrors are already broke!

Let's race!

Ninja
2004.07.06, 08:17 PM
thats the attitude to have ;)

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 09:22 PM
Sounds like fun!

Here's a pic of the carpet track we used to race our Z's on.

It's in Kennesaw,Ga.

ummm... i wanna go to kennesaw and try that track!

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 09:25 PM
Yeah, it would be worth the trip. If we keep growing maybe our LHS will get/make us a better track. I know their mini-z sales have increased 60% since we started racing. (I got those numbers from a inside source)

Shaun
2004.07.06, 09:28 PM
It's a good track. It's just too big for Mini-Z racing.

The carpet can also be a pain. Tangles!

I would build a nice road course in my carport if I had some people
to race with. Can't find anyone.

I was going to build it out of Tar Paper and PVC pipes.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 09:28 PM
who could it be?
i "overheard" she was getting us another 96 and was gonna move us out back (outside), witch would be great if it would stay dry.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 09:32 PM
If they add a mini 96 to the wide L we will need a bigger room. I would be cool if they got some local bussines to sponser some races. And If I know Steve he is out knocking on doors now.

Shaun, Looks can be deciving, :p Have you ever raced on a RCP track?

Shaun
2004.07.06, 09:35 PM
I have never been on a RCP track.

Ninja
2004.07.06, 09:44 PM
I would build a nice road course in my carport if I had some people
to race with. Can't find anyone.

I was going to build it out of Tar Paper and PVC pipes.
"If you build it, they will come." I know I live in the vacinity of you Shaun, and our friend Todd works with me, so hes close every day too. Where in GA do you live? I would deffinately come and race with you if we had a track made. Would Tar paper have enough grip to it? I know the track we race at Hobby Town is pretty slick with stock tires, takes some getting used to.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 09:51 PM
how far south are you, SHAUN, from chatt ?

Shaun
2004.07.06, 09:52 PM
I have heard that tar paper has good grip. I have never raced on it.

We could come up with something to make the track surface out of.

What style of track would you guys like to race on?

I live in Cartersville, GA.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 09:53 PM
I have never been on a RCP track.

You would love it. Its gotta be about the best racing surface there is.

There is a ton of pics and info on the RCP tracks on the fourms

Here is a quick pick of my home track.

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:08 PM
dang, Cartersville is a pretty good drive away from here. And deffinately a good drive from Chatt. It would be a challange to get people to come and race, but it could be done. Maybe one day every couple of weeks. like Saturday night or something.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:09 PM
<<<< :( just found out my parts havent even left Japan... (_sigh_)

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:11 PM
Poor boy, I would be pissed :mad:

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:15 PM
<<< pissed

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:16 PM
<<<< :( just found out my parts havent even left Japan... (_sigh_)

I hope you tried the shop here first :cool: I usually get my parts in 2 to 3 days after ordering them from here. Japan is not as quick. :(

Im sure we (I ) will have parts for loan. Let us know and we will try to bring

FYI...they do :( on fowl language on here.

A lot of kids surf here too ;)

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:20 PM
:D loaned parts? Did I see that right? lol want me to make a list? :D just kidding pHREDD I am hoping to order some stuff I need this weekend.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:21 PM
yeah, i checked w/ them 1st, they offered to get it for me, but oooohhhhh nnooo,
i had to go and get it online. that'll teach me. that reminds me: can they get non-Kyosho parts (GPM etc)? even though my new tires are in that same box sitting in a Japanese post office or maybe on a plane if im lucky.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:23 PM
All u have to do is ask....I have parts on "loan" to Chris now....He repalced my ball diff last week so I do have an extra 1 lying around. If I have it to spare I will loan. Never know when I might ask U to borrow something:D

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:26 PM
bENZinO, I have xtra tires....GPM v-grooved 10G. I can loan a set Thursday if needed

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:26 PM
I sure could use that diff. :rolleyes: but thats completely up to you pHREDD

Shaun
2004.07.06, 10:29 PM
You would love it. Its gotta be about the best racing surface there is.

There is a ton of pics and info on the RCP tracks on the fourms

Here is a quick pick of my home track.

Very NICE!

I like that layout. How wide are the lanes?

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:30 PM
I sure could use that diff. :rolleyes: but thats completely up to you pHREDD

Ill bring it...Just when you get your new one remember where you got it and give my old one back:p

If you havent noticed Steve and I have swapped a lot of stuff back and fourth.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:31 PM
the only thing i'll "need", pHREDD is an h-plate. i can deal w/ the tires for now.
NINJA-are u gonna be there early? i'm gonna try and get off at 4 if i can, if ur gonna be there, i'll come around 5 and set up. Steve said something about u (and Todd i think) going in early.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:34 PM
Very NICE!

I like that layout. How wide are the lanes?

Inside the rails its 18.5 inches wide. You can change the design in about 10 min. I change it once a week to hone in my driving skills. (lord knows I need it)

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:36 PM
the only thing i'll "need", pHREDD is an h-plate.

Who ordered he H-plate??

1 H-plate comming right up!!!

Shaun
2004.07.06, 10:38 PM
Is the layout at the HobbyShop the same as your layout?

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:39 PM
UR THE BEST pHREDD !!! :D

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Shaun]Is the layout at the HobbyShop the same as your layout?[/QUOTE

not even on a good night... i cant imagine what we'd do on a track like pHREDDs.
whatever it was i'm sure it'd be fun though!

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:45 PM
Is the layout at the HobbyShop the same as your layout?

No the one at the LHS is the RCP wide L and mine at home is the mini tile 96. I think the wide L is 50CM wide and thw mini tile 96 is 30CM wide.

Here is a Pic with the wide L on top and the mini tile 96 on the bottom. I think Ken did the Pic on this one

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:47 PM
thats cool fred but if its still in great condition, and i got it all adjusted and stuff then I would prolly just hook you up with another new one and save the trouble. never know. and how much do you give for those tires? I would like to buy a set.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:48 PM
Im not sure what makes it the funest. the track or the people to race with. I have fun at home running on my track. I have a BLAST racing with the people at the LHS.

Shaun
2004.07.06, 10:51 PM
So the track at the shop looks like the top track in the pic.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:52 PM
I havent ran it since Chris used it for about 3 weeks. Im sure it has some ware and tear on it. Besides its the cheaper one (GPM) thats a little harder to adjust. You want to get the Kyosho ball diff. I have both and there is no comparision.

Kyosho is the best

Ninja
2004.07.06, 10:53 PM
NINJA-are u gonna be there early? i'm gonna try and get off at 4 if i can, if ur gonna be there, i'll come around 5 and set up. Steve said something about u (and Todd i think) going in early.I dont know if I'll be able to make it early or not this week b/c we got an extra day off this week and we will probably get slammed with work. but hopefully I will be there by about 5 as usual.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 10:54 PM
oh yeah! i almost forgot. has anyone heard of Sanctuary Skate Park (skateboards and bikes i think) in chatt?
well its down toun on carter st., i saw from 27 on my way home, anyway... i saw they have what appears to be a "roller hockey" rink outside. it could be something we/Steve could look into to maybe give us a day to set up a track on. it appeard to be big (basketball size or bigger) and im sure would have to be pretty smooth. ?just a thought

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:54 PM
So the track at the shop looks like the top track in the pic.

yeppers thats the one. I know it looks simple but get 6 other people racing and try to win. You forget all about how simple it is. :D

The LHS is looking into expanding it. Who knows what will happen

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 10:56 PM
oh yeah! i almost forgot. has anyone heard of Sanctuary Skate Park (skateboards and bikes i think) in chatt?
well its down toun on carter st., i saw from 27 on my way home, anyway... i saw they have what appears to be a "roller hockey" rink outside. it could be something we/Steve could look into to maybe give us a day to set up a track on. it appeard to be big (basketball size or bigger) and im sure would have to be pretty smooth. ?just a thought

Oh yeah...I been drooling to take my OL and play on the ramps...My track is mobile :D

Shaun
2004.07.06, 11:00 PM
Competition always makes things more fun!

If I can get off early for work I will try to come up and check
out the track and do some racing.

Do they have a space for us to use as a pit area? Outlets?

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah...I been drooling to take my OL and play on the ramps...My track is mobile :D

( rubs chin and thinks of the possibilities )

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 11:01 PM
and how much do you give for those tires? I would like to buy a set.

I get em from ********** for about $4 for 2 tires ($8 bucks a set) I would get them from here if they would carry them. I bring u a set Thursday

Ninja
2004.07.06, 11:02 PM
possabilities? u mean broken parts? you guys forget im a poor boy :D

update* thanks pHREDD

and also would that be r c m a r t . c o m ?

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 11:03 PM
Competition always makes things more fun!

If I can get off early for work I will try to come up and check
out the track and do some racing.

shaun, even if u can just get there by 8, we go to the tennis courts about a mile away, and run for a couple more hours - weather permitting

Ninja
2004.07.06, 11:06 PM
yeah there are a couple of outlets we can use, as far as the tennis courts go we could always do like we did last week. ;) also at the courts we have a couple people with chargers that hook up to their cars. I'm sure they wouldnt mind letting you use them

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 11:07 PM

There lyes the problem. They are hurting for space. The pit area is in the floor. Bring your pit box and work out of it. Hey...at least they have chairs to sit in. There is a couple of tables but they usually have inventory parked on it. We make due and yes they have outlets. Right now there is no charge for racing but they have threatend to charge $2 bucks a night to race. So far they havent charged anything. I dont think they expected to have this many racers. Its growing fast.

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 11:10 PM
Ninja, I will respect the rules of this site and not post the site. (keep forgetting) I will shoot you a email or just tell you on race night.

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 11:32 PM
SHAUN<<< check us out making the best of the weather... (if the link appears)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11065

all photos copyright bIGGpHREDDinc. :p

pHREDD
2004.07.06, 11:46 PM
Thatís what you call dedication and determination. (Or Stupidity). You decide

bENZinO
2004.07.06, 11:54 PM
we'll call it dedication. :)
i just got done watching that 1/5 scale F1 crash :eek: OUCH!

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 12:01 AM
I would like to see the F1 after it crashed. Probley ok....The first night you were at the Tennis courts (after you left) I flipped my F1 a couple times. Not much damage mostly cosmetic. It still hurt though :(

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 12:09 AM
im sure they smacked some epoxy on it and it was back out the same day :cool:

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 01:06 AM
everyones dreamin mini-z dreams })

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 12:23 PM
well, i was by that skate park today, but they were closed. i didnt get a phone# and their web site seems to be nonexistant, it's spoke of but cant seem to find (www.sanctuaryskateparkusa.com). i will be by there later though, its by the new off-leash dog park (pHREDD u have dogs, right?), so i will check again.
Also, i did get to run in the First Tenn. Pavilion... it's big its flat (mostly) and its covered. could have used a broom or a blower though.
my h-plate was too weak too, sagging a bit in the middle :(
i'll get at yall later.

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 01:09 PM
I go by the park every day on my way home from work and theres almost always someone there skating.

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 03:52 PM
THE HEAT CLOUDED MY BRAIN AND I FORGOT TO ASK/GET A #.
there were people skating but no one on "the rink".

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 07:59 PM
Well no new parts arrived today so I guess we will have to wait till next week for the goodies. I do have the h-plates, diff and tires i will bring. Im trying to get all my batts charged up tonight. I will also bring the cam again and the mini speed checker.

Ninja
2004.07.07, 08:05 PM
'69 Yenko almost done (just a couple more trim pieces) :D it will be ready for show to everyone tomorrow. Kept breaking the custom plastic H-plate so i made one from stainless steel :D that should hold it. ;) see yall tomorrow night.

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 08:05 PM
i headin' out to the courts (now) for some runs, just to burn time.
the same ones we go to on thurs. i tried to hollah at steve but no answer.

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 08:09 PM
i headin' out to the courts (now) for some runs, just to burn time.

Hey no fair.....(look whos talking) you could maybe sweep the courts... :D if you find my OL X5 mirror hang onto it 4 me

Cant wait to se the Yenko

Ninja
2004.07.07, 08:23 PM
lol also look for my lost tire ;)

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 10:15 PM
well i didnt find ur mirror pHREDD :( , but NINJA, I have ur tire! :D
besides phredd u get plenty of practice/testing on YOUR TRACK!!! :p

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 10:26 PM
yeah, yeah....Did steve or anyone show up?

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 10:45 PM
nope. i was runnin solo. i AM having a slight problem w/ my stearing left. i'll show u tomorrow, but it jumps from a little to a lot, causing me to spin out left.
we'll have to see what we can do/figure out.

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 10:47 PM
i did clean and lube the rear axel and front suspension (kingpin) and it seems to move a lot more freely now. :)

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 10:49 PM
Im sure we can solve the problem. Do you have alloy knuckles?

bENZinO
2004.07.07, 10:56 PM
no stock. but i would be inclined to believe, base on sight, that it is internal or maybe the tie-rod. ???

pHREDD
2004.07.07, 11:09 PM
We will find out tommorrow :D

bENZinO
2004.07.08, 11:51 PM
or maybe it was just really dirty :rolleyes:

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:07 AM
Im just putting my servo gears back in...gotta find out whats breaking them...btw your enzo was fast tonight.

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:22 AM
yeah, well i wouldnt have even been runnin if it wasnt for u.
and if i can get the handling the way i want it i hope to stay a little more
consistant.

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:25 AM
Well we did have 7 people racing tonight.....its getting more better all the time. I wonder why Steve #2 didnt show up a the LHS to race??? Chris's car was fast as heck too tonight. I got to look at another angle for speed

Ninja
2004.07.09, 12:30 AM
i am PISSED! 3 Freakin sets of servo gears in one night. thats it, tomorrow i am tearing my mini all the way down to a bare chassis and re-working the entire thing over, may even find some way to rid myself of the broken servo gears. :mad:

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:41 AM
I know it would be hard for everyone to drop their mr01 and switch to the mr02 but that would solve the servo problem...im gonna try the jb weld on my allot servo gear #1 to see if i can salvage it...

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:41 AM
yeah loads of fun! i did like the "high grip" side better of the track.
anmy my goodness, what a time at the "courts" :D

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:43 AM
Yea it was a blast....but ninja did have the worst luck I have seen on a race night....

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:44 AM
i am PISSED! 3 Freakin sets of servo gears in one night. :mad:

AND you didnt get ur quarter pounder w/ cheese either :p

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:45 AM
We really need to get more organized and maybe pair off into teams....It can be kaos sometimes

Ninja
2004.07.09, 12:47 AM
dude :( please dont make it any worse :(

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:52 AM
It will all work out Ninja.....you will have more good nights than bad. Heck I went through 2 sets of plastic sevro gears anf broke 1 set od alloy servo gears....Luckly I had other cars to run .

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:52 AM
sorry, man. u did have it rough tonight

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:54 AM
Half the fun for me is working on the cars...I love to drive but also love to tinker wit them

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:54 AM
we should have gotten a pic of the bmw climbing the trailer or the ferrari

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 12:56 AM
you have to watch me David...I get carried away sometimes and become very destructive

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 12:58 AM
i figured i was pretty safe, heck u were just gonna climb me from any direction i think.

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 01:01 AM
all in all it was a pretty good night...there is always gonna be someone with car troubles...tonight was just Ninja's night...it jst goes around and around.....I remember the first night David came...i had 3 cars all with problems....had to resort to racing the OL...

bENZinO
2004.07.09, 01:06 AM
i just hope i get enough parts built up in MY OWN hobby box before i have my turn

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 01:08 AM
You should have a pretty good feel for whats going to break and the extras you need to carry....Your turn could be next :eek: ...I think thats why Steve didnt come to the LHS to race he was scared he would brake his servo gears

Ninja
2004.07.09, 06:24 PM
I got my prepaid MASTERCARD today and put $50 on it so I could get the metal servo gears. I can work on the ones I have now till the metals get here. Hopefully they will be here by next thursday.

Ninja
2004.07.09, 06:58 PM
damn this is what I keep finding :( :(

LXATT1 Megatech Aluminum 1st Servo Gear

Discontinued

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 07:29 PM
hhhmmmm.....Dare I tell him???

Uuuuhhhh...I just ordered the last one tower had in stock this morning..... :p

Im betting it will suck like all the rest...

You should at least get some plastic ones before Thursday

Ninja
2004.07.09, 07:35 PM
well pHREDD what I was gonna do is, if I got the metal gear and the pin snapped off like yours I would drill a tiny hole where the pin was and replace it with a little hex screw that doesnt have a head on it :p

Ninja
2004.07.09, 07:36 PM
right now i am debating on ordering the 7 sets from ****** and paying the $17 to ship $28 worth of parts in 3-4 days :mad:

Shaun
2004.07.09, 07:43 PM
sounds like you guys had fun Thursday night.

I didn't get home until 7. So I couldn't make it up at 6.

Do you race every Thursday?

Ninja
2004.07.09, 08:22 PM
well i did it, :( just spent $47 for 7 sets of servo gears.

arch2b
2004.07.09, 08:34 PM
well pHREDD what I was gonna do is, if I got the metal gear and the pin snapped off like yours I would drill a tiny hole where the pin was and replace it with a little hex screw that doesnt have a head on it :p
that's a good idea if you can get it too work

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 08:39 PM
sounds like you guys had fun Thursday night.

I didn't get home until 7. So I couldn't make it up at 6.

Do you race every Thursday?

Yes every thursday

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 08:41 PM
that's a good idea if you can get it too work

I dont think it will...the pin lies between the teeth...not really enough room to drill

JTrusley
2004.07.09, 09:53 PM
It took me some tyme o build mine up

Ninja
2004.07.09, 09:55 PM
im working on mine, 7 sets of servo gears at a time :D

JTrusley
2004.07.09, 09:55 PM
well i did it, :( just spent $47 for 7 sets of servo gears.
way to go where did you get it from

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:01 PM
JTrusley... are you who I think you are?

Ninja
2004.07.09, 10:01 PM
I got them from www.R/C Mart.com (http://www.******.com) . at first the price made me sick, then i figured it up. thats only $6.71 a set and i dont have to get off my lazy butt and go get them. plus i am saving the gas money it takes to get all the way to the LHS.so in the long run it isnt so bad.

Ninja
2004.07.09, 10:03 PM
JTrusley is Todd! lol he told us that last night pHREDD :p

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:04 PM
I also got 4 sets plastic coming from tower....I wish we could figure out whats breaking them

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:06 PM
oic.....I knew it was one of us :D :D Whats up Todd

Ninja
2004.07.09, 10:07 PM
so I guess you ordered stock Kyosho sets? I got the TOPCAD Delrin sets, I have heard that the Delrin plastic is alot stronger. i ordered from rc mart b/c tower couldnt give me a straight answer on the date that they would be in. and i need them bad.

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:26 PM
I got the kyosho special servo gear set Delrin.....black plastic

Ninja
2004.07.09, 10:29 PM
i didnt even see those
how much were they for a set?

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:32 PM
7.99 a set....I will keep trying until i find something that works

Ninja
2004.07.09, 10:47 PM
same here :p

pHREDD
2004.07.09, 10:54 PM
Ninja, clear chassie?

is it new?

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 10:45 AM
THe Mod antenna I saw on one of arch2b's OL's, and since I play guitar and had a few extra strings.....

Hey it works....and is pretty cheap :D

Ninja
2004.07.10, 07:33 PM
see Thursday night I bought Todd the bearing set, so Friday at work he brought me the clear chassis, a stock chassis (everything except the battery clips and PCB cover on both) and a new PCB. the clear chassis and the PCB was NEVER even used. never even had a screw put in them :D and we called it even. I temporarily "engineered" a servo gear last night and got to play with my Z today (till I rolled it on a door mat and broke it AGAIN). but then again it was just a temporary fix, I knew it wouldnt last.

also this just in ~~~~~>>>> We have sent your order to the express delivery courier. It will take another 3-4 days to reach you.
Shipping duration may delay in heavy postal season.

Ninja
2004.07.10, 07:39 PM
also pHREDD what model is your Les Paul?
it looks really sweet
and what type of music do you play?

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 08:05 PM
My les paul is the standard. I like both kinds of music, rock and roll.

I been trying to fix my alloy gear with solder but no luck...it keeps binding....

Ninja
2004.07.10, 08:11 PM
pHREDD, if I hat the tools that you have, and maybe a couple special tools, i could probably fix that thing

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 08:15 PM
hehe...you would have to remove a half pound of solder off it first :D

Shaun
2004.07.10, 08:23 PM
I remember when my friend had issues with his alloy gears.

He just bought another gear. $$

Here it is!

BTW what motors and batteries do you guys run?
Do you all have MR-01's or MR-02's?

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 08:28 PM
Mine broke in the same place.....still havent got it fixed yet.

most of us have the x-speed motors. A few racers still run stock. the batts most have the IC3 rayovac. but some still have the throw away batts.

Only 2 of us have the MR02 the rest have MR01. also 2 of us have the F1 cars

Shaun
2004.07.10, 08:35 PM
How does the MR-02 handle, compared to the MR-01?

Anyone using Turbos?

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 08:47 PM
the o2 is wider and handles better...the only thing i like better it the steering seems better

Shaun
2004.07.10, 08:53 PM
Is Hobbytown said anything about expanding Mini-Z racing
at the shop?

Just curious.

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 08:58 PM
Well their sales have went up big time but I think they would have to see it stay up for a long time before they would consider expanding it. The do the big 1/10 and 1/18 scale outside track on sundays. the mini-z racing has only ben going on for a few months.

I really hope they expand it.....their back room is just too small

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 09:07 PM
Hey guys...I found a silver audi new autoscale on ebay with a buy now price of $8.50 I bought it :D

Ninja
2004.07.10, 09:11 PM
are you gonna race it? you should for just under $9 and save the expensive ones :p if you do it would be chaos to keep up with you and Steve with the same car and all :D

pHREDD
2004.07.10, 09:12 PM
They had more than 1 if you want one :D

its just like Steves car....They are discontinued on towers site

I will run the viper till it falls off :p

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.11, 04:05 AM
HEY GUYS! Guess who it is! Your best friend with the yellow corvette! MMWHAHAHAH I FOUND YOU! I liked those pics fred, could you send em all to my e-mail? dalejrfanfreak@yahoo.com

pHREDD
2004.07.11, 03:21 PM
Hey Chris....glad to see you on the fourms....thats 5 of us now....4 to go :D I had all the pics on a cd last Thursday but forgot to bring it to the LHS. I will have them for sure this Thursday. I sent your dad a email with some pics...did yall get it?

Anyways I use a dial up connection and it would be almost impossible to send all the pic by email.....I wont forget this week :p

Shaun
2004.07.11, 05:31 PM
Do you think it is worth it get a MR-02?

I have been looking at the MR-02 and really like the
layout. Low CG, Servo saver, Wider, Brakes.

Can you use a turbo with the MR-02?

pHREDD
2004.07.11, 05:49 PM
THe MR02 is the way to go...I think anyone here would tell you the same. Yes you can use aturbo on the MR02. Now all you have to decide is the RM or the MM.I like them both although some people on here have strong opnions on which one is better. The good thing is you can change from the rm to the mm. all you will need is a body and motor mount and i think the h-plate is different too.

I still run the MR01 at the LHS because 99% of everyone else does.

Shaun
2004.07.11, 06:10 PM
So I could hook up my GPM v2 Turbo to the 02 the same
way it's hooked up to my 01?

Have you broke any servo gears in the MR-02?

pHREDD
2004.07.11, 06:23 PM
I cant comment on how to hook it up since I have never done one before. You could post on the forums and I bet someone could tell you. I have never broke a servo gear on my 02. It has a servo saver whereas the 01 doesnt.

Ninja
2004.07.12, 03:10 PM
pHREDD I went and got my Dremel and accessories set so there will be alot more custom mods coming from my end of our little group. also try to get in touch with chris and get him to bring his custom painted C-5R thursday and get some pics of it so I can get them on a site somewhere. also expecting that package in from Japan with my servo gears any day now. I am also drawing up a design in my head to make a type of servo-saver for the 01 as well. maybe some day it will become reality.

Ninja
2004.07.12, 03:13 PM
ALSO GOT A COUPLE MODEL KITS IM GONNA MAKE SOME BODIES OUT OF. MAYBE I WILL RACE ONE OF THEM. :rolleyes:

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.12, 03:26 PM
Hey Lamar, it's Kris. I'll be bringing that body in on Thursday, it's gonna be my show body n'junk. I just gotta bug my dad to put the spoiler back on and the glass back in, other than that it's good to go. Anyways, nothing new has come in at hobbytown. I'm surprised that we don't have alotta parts, it's soooo disappointing. Oh well. I'll catch you all later.

pHREDD
2004.07.12, 07:35 PM
You will like the dremel, it makes modding a lot easyer. I got a few of my things in the mail but not everything yet. I will get some pix of the #3 car if its there Thursday night. Good luck on the model kits :D

Hobby Town is really loosing out. I have spent a ton online and I would have bought some of it from them if it was in stock

bENZinO
2004.07.12, 11:51 PM
i stopped worrying about my parts. maybe if i dont think about them they'll be here before i know it...
thats the last time i order from ****** :mad:

pHREDD
2004.07.12, 11:56 PM
Dont give up hope. I bet they will show up before thursday. even if they dont someome will have what you need

bENZinO
2004.07.13, 12:50 AM
i guess i have what i NEED, (thanks to friends!) but just the fact that im still waiting. 7 days now, not counting holiday weekend. :confused:

Ninja
2004.07.13, 06:23 PM
my parts came in today but nobody was here to sign for them so I'll have to go to the post office and pick them up :o i bet i have a ton of CA glue on a self engineered set i made till mine came in. I made the set friday and i bet i have glued them back every day since :) oh well my day will come some day

pHREDD
2004.07.13, 07:16 PM
I got my extra servo gears in today too. The mail lady leaves it on my porch as instructed if im not home :D

Now if David gets his today we will be all set for racing

Ninja
2004.07.14, 05:52 PM
got my delrin servo gears today, they look great. look like they are more consistant in pattern than the kyosho parts, hopefully these will work better. :rolleyes:

pHREDD
2004.07.14, 07:12 PM
Farm House!!! maybe you wont break 3 sets again on race night I know I am sick of breaking these gears...

Ninja
2004.07.14, 07:15 PM
yeah no joke, did you compare your new delrin gears with an old set of the stock ones? my delrin geras from topcad are slightly thicker than the stock ones. maybe they will hold up better

pHREDD
2004.07.14, 07:27 PM
They do look stronger...i have the kyosho (white) ones installed now. I will run them until they break then install the black ones.

pHREDD
2004.07.14, 08:12 PM
Well while running a few hot laps the white gears brok. I just had to install the black servo gears. they do feel a lot smoother.

bENZinO
2004.07.15, 12:02 AM
while i was at work today, my girl called and said i got a package. :D i was jazzed to think "just in time".
i got home to realize it was headlight bulbs that i ordered MONDAY. NOT the stuff
i expected... that i ordered 10 days ago.
one more day :p

pHREDD
2004.07.15, 08:07 AM
Stuff coming from overseas can take up to 2 weeks. I know from experience. And it seems like its always comes the day after the Race

bENZinO
2004.07.15, 04:51 PM
wel it came... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
haent opened yet, im gonna head on in a little early and help set up...
c-yall when u get there! my tires will be warmed up ;)

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.16, 02:39 AM
I had alotta fun tonight, my car was doing pretty well on both the hobby town track and the Courts. I think the hobbytown area is just getting too crowded though, the people with the X mods were cool but they seemed to get in the way on the track at hobbytown since they kept stalling. I was getting kinda frustrated cuz I know I had a fast car but there was just no place to go to avoid crashing! The courts keep getting more exciting in my opinion. The two steve's need X Speed motors though so they can keep up. If Steve R stopped smoking he could probably afford an X speed motor ;). I put the anti roll shock set on my car tonight too! It looks like i'll be able to drive with three wheels on the ground and not flip over, but we'll see how it turns out next thursday. Also, i'm looking at buying an LED set for my Dale Earnhardt Show Corvette, any advice on where exactly to get one of those? Keep in mind that I really can't buy stuff online unless I can send a check or some money. Anywayz, i'll end this ridiculously long post and go to bed now. See you guys later! Kris. :o

pHREDD
2004.07.16, 08:15 AM
Yeah it was a blast last night. It was to late to post any pics. I will post them after work today. The x-mod guys were ok but like you said, they were just in the way. I think one of the Steve's, bought the x-speed last night. In fact Im sure he did. The anti roll shock is very cool and can make a big difference in your handling but the CF plae can cause interfirence with your radio. i had to remove mine beacuse of that. I may try to plastic cote the antenna. I have bought light kits here in the store. Im not sure if they will let you write a check though. I think you can shop on e bay and send a money order. they will have the lights. I had a bad race night last. I know you cant be good every time but it really sucked for me. :(

bENZinO
2004.07.16, 10:51 AM
i second that emotion on the x mods. great to have new people... and yes i realize im still new, but they did get in the way in the shop with their cars cutting out. like chunk said, new radios and they would do a lot better! i mean for heaven's sake, the Acura hit 30km/h on the dyno!

Kris>>> if u have a checking acct. u can get a paypal acct and use it to buy on the net real easy. you'll see plenty of ads for them on e-bay just follow one of them. :)

pHREDD>>> i think ur right about Steve buying that motor "last sale of the night" seems to ring some bells.

well im gonna do some research and comparitive shopping. as if i had plenty of money. :D

pHREDD
2004.07.16, 07:34 PM
As promised....a few picks of last night race night. The first is a group shot of all our cars on the courts. the secound is the same from another angle. THe last 2 are pics of Chris's #3 earnhart corvett. Sorry about the flash Chris. :o

bENZinO
2004.07.17, 01:25 PM
GREAT GROUP PHOTO!!! every week it gets a car or 2 bigger!! what fun :)

got some wheels on the way, NOT from around the globe this time. im hoping the LHS has some locking wheel nuts... (Kris??)
pHREDD if have anymore time, more pics! :D action and group photos.
>>>(....thinks he needs a more photogenic body...)

Ninja
2004.07.18, 12:02 AM
lol nice, i've got some more motor connection soldering to do :( i just dont want to go get my iron out of the car :o oh well i will do it later.

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 12:40 AM
I been pretty busy this evening. we went to Nashville to the IRL race and I havent had time to post any more pics...I will do in the morning.

I think we are about to out grow the LHS track. If it wasnt for the courts we would be hurting. Im glad to see it grow though. Maybe the LHS will see the need to expand.

Ninja, maybe time for a new motor :D

TNB
2004.07.18, 01:51 AM
pHREDD,

How many laps did you complete? That #3 car reminds me of my 1/4 scale and lexan Mini-Z MR-02mm body.

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album285/02Nascar14_1.jpg

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 02:06 AM
pHREDD,
How many laps did you complete? That #3 car reminds me of my 1/4 scale and lexan Mini-Z MR-02mm body.

At the courts or the IRL race? :D we usually race 5 or 10 lappers at the courts and at the LHS because any more is to hard to count. we dont have any good way to keep up with our laps. My favorites are the quick 5 lappers at the courts and 10 lappers at the LHS. We race half a tennis court. sometimes we use a water hose for the inside rails and other times we just use the boundary lines on the courts. I remember your #3 car sitting on the bigger car. :D The photos I took of Chris's car were terrible. I had the flash on and you can see the resluts. I will try to get more next thursday. Chris and his dad are also going to do a #8 jr. corvett in red. cant wait to see it.

Oh yeah...the IRL race was 200 laps :p

TNB
2004.07.18, 02:19 AM
My mistake, we were writing earlier of the Xmod and I was thinking about the XRL Tournament instead of IRL. However, since I'm back on track, I hope, have you seen my new print of two Champ cars? It was signed by the two 1st and 2nd place drivers depicted in the print. It made my day.

One of the photos of the print. Two more are in Gallery TNB.
http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album393/F1Print1.jpg

This is the link to the driver's website who I met and the second place car depicted in the print with his team driver.
http://www.tagliani.com
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Drivers/Driver.asp?ID=2

PS: Keep me posted on the C5-R bodies.

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 02:35 AM
hehe....no problem.

Those prints are something to be proud of.

I usually get to go to a few races a year (IRL and Nascar) and sometimes get pit passes from the vendors at work. Nothing like being there in person and smelling the fuel burning.

I have never been to a F1 race (yet)

I wish Kris would post a topic with some better pics of his CR-5. He and his Dad did a Great job on it. If he brings it on thirsday I will get some better close ups of it.

bENZinO
2004.07.18, 10:05 PM
u failed to mention u were going to see the race at nashville! :p im jelous!oh well, hope u had a good time!

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 10:14 PM
I thought I told someone there....maby it was steve. It was fun. here are more shots of last week. I didnt take a lot of shots.....I will bring the camera on race night. :D

TNB
2004.07.18, 10:31 PM
Is that your Xmod in there pHREDD? I found a new place for mine today: $30.00 Later (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album318/Z_Collection_071804_1.jpg)

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 10:40 PM
No not mine...it was some racers that just showed up last Thursday. They were not too fun to race with...they had constant radio problems and had trouble steering. and the noise....i forgot how quiet the mini-z's were. Im still gonna keep my x-mods though as part of my R/C collection. ;)

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 10:49 PM
TNB here is where I park mine. Home made book shelfs.

I like your shelfs...the hats are a nice touch. You sure got a lot of Z's. is that tigger I see?

pHREDD
2004.07.18, 11:30 PM
Now I just have to find a place to park my F355 (red) and my 360 (silver) Ferrari's that will be arriving next week :D

(autoscales)

TNB
2004.07.18, 11:46 PM
Three more RTRs on order myselfóthe chrome MMT will go on top. I was going to make some shelves and even took some measurements to the lumber yard today, but it was simpler to pay $30.00 and get out of the store than find someone to cut the materials. At least I donít have to dig through a pile of Mini-Zs now and becoming more Z-organized like you and Aaron. Not Tigger the attack cat, but I had to toss in a Tigger hat if I was going to have both a Kyosho hat and MZR hat in the photo. ;)

pHREDD
2004.07.19, 12:00 AM
I think you got out a little cheaper than me. mine go from the ceiling to the floor. and also house a few books. (gotta make room for more cars). I added a close up shot of the autoscales in the above post. I have 1 RTR on the way in addition to the autoscales. Is that a mirror for the back in your shelfs?

the wonderful thing about tiggers........

TNB
2004.07.19, 12:09 AM
Yes, that's a mirror. I have a light that I could mount too but I'm not sure if I'll hook it up or not. I've also thought about making some doors, but if TNB leave the Zs alone I won't make any doors. So far so good. :)

. . . Is Tiggers are wonderful things . . . but the most wonderful thing about Tiggers....

PS: It's too bad you don't live here or I there because there could be a lot more Z action going on.

pHREDD
2004.07.19, 12:17 AM
I think the lights would look good....

they're bouncy, trouncy, ouncy, pouncy,fun, fun, fun....

TNB
2004.07.19, 12:22 AM
I may add a light... But those lights that come in strips like a water hose might look kind of neat if I ran it in the very back on the bottom of the upper shelves. Does that make sense? I know what I mean, I'm just not sure if I'm conveying my thoughts properly. Typical thing. :rolleyes:

But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one....

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.19, 02:47 AM
I'll have to get my dad to fork over his digital camera so i can take pics of my dale sr car. First i've gotta give it to him to put another coat of gloss on it to take away this one lil smudge and make the windshield look pretty lol.

pHREDD
2004.07.19, 02:33 PM
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one....

You got me there...hey, its been a long time :D

Next up...my winnie the poo mini-z.....

(just kidding)

techno
2004.07.19, 03:18 PM
bacK! the truck up who's and what semi was that phreddpleas that is too cool that would be awesome to come to the track with that load my mini-zs on nice collection of z.s guys i might just have to sit down and take a few pics myself although i cannot compare to you guys it was very enjoyable to see you peopls set ups

TNB
2004.07.19, 03:23 PM
pHREDD,

The yellow Enzo would make a good "Pooh" car. Since there are so many Enzos out there, so it seems, the center portion could be painted red to match Pooh's sweater. Then a little bit of honey could be dripping off of the tires.

dalejrfanfreak,

Has your dad seen the photo of my Mini-Z #3 ontop of my 1/4 scale #3? The people went nuts when I drove the 1/4 scale in one of the local parades with the QSAC club. Of course, I also dressed it up a little too. The bad thing is that there was a lot of picture taking going on and television close-ups, but I didn't get to see any of the photos. :(

techno,

Check out the Tamiya King Hauler and trailer.

pHREDD
2004.07.19, 03:34 PM
I hope Steve isnt reading this....THe semi truck is an el'cheap-o that Hobby Town ordered for a customer and when it arrived it was damaged a little. The store tried to return it and they told them to throw it away. It sat in the store for month s and the store finally gave it to Steve (he works there) It doesnt go very fast and if another car is running it screws with the semi's radio.Its kinda just for show. It does look cool though.... :D

The owner of the ENZO would look good driving a pooh-bear mini-z. :p

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.20, 03:27 AM
No, I haven't showed my dad your Dale Sr stuff. I have my own lap top computer and he has his computer in his room so he uses that one. If we decide to do a Dale Jr body for a corvette we'll have to order decals and i'll have to get a new body to race. After only two days of racing it i've broken two mirrors, wind shield wipers, both head light covers, and the cover that goes on the head lights in the middle of the front bumper, PLUS, i've got so much paint from other cars on there it looks like some 4 year old colored on my body with freakin crayons lol. Oh well, I hope there's some people up at UTK with mini z's because there's only four weeks left until I am off to college. Hopefully when i come back for x-mas vacation everyone will still be racing mini z's here. Anyways, it's almost 3:30 in the morning so i'm going to bed. Talk to you all laterz. :cool:

TNB
2004.07.20, 03:41 AM
The C5-R must be getting the "heck" bashed out of it. I took another photo of my 1/4 scale tonight--actually a group photo since I set up more shelves tonight. Only this time, the large scale cars. There are more photos in Gallery TNB.

"Shelved" Larger Scale R/Cs (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album318/Others_Shelves_071904_2.jpg)

bENZinO
2004.07.20, 11:15 AM
so your sayin' I'd look good or the car would look good :rolleyes: ?
i wonder if i could find some little bee decals and maybe a hornets nest dripping full of honey? :p
i think i'd rather do a SMURFs car before Pooh, no disrespect intended to present company, i just never got into whinnie and his friends, i guess because i was always asleep 5 min. into it! the Smurfs though, their twisted a little :D .

ANYWAY- gots my parts i ordered Saturday on Monday!!! wheels and a little somthin' somethin' that'l hopefully help w handling.
that reminds me anyone runnin' "roll shocks" on their 02?u like?

pHREDD
2004.07.20, 07:07 PM
I hope your "little somthin' somethin" is a rear diff upgrade. THe roll shock is a good hop up if it doesnt cause interferance problems with your radio. mine did and thats why I took it off.

Good luck with it pooh bear :D

pHREDD
2004.07.20, 10:17 PM
lookie @ what came in the mail today. Will I race it? I doubt it. Will I cherish it? YES :D

pHREDD
2004.07.20, 10:20 PM
That would be a good color scheme to put mini-z racer.com on for the logos....

bENZinO
2004.07.21, 02:08 AM
I hope your "little somthin' somethin" is a rear diff upgrade.

no, i wish it was, that'll have to wait till friday to be ordered :( . but it is next!
the lil' sump'm sump'm is just a (slight) rear shock upgrade (non-adjustable).

pHREDD>>"Will I race it? I doubt it. Will I cherish it? YES "...
will we get to gawk from behing germ protecting glass? :D (looks beautiful!)

pHREDD
2004.07.22, 12:03 AM
Heres a couple more bodies for you guys to look for at race night.

uuummm...uuummm...good ;)

TNB
2004.07.22, 01:15 AM
I was looking at one like that silver one last Friday, but only because I thought there was a black Diablo around and I spotted the silver one in the display case--the Diablo turned out to be RTR. I'm trying to hold out for the MR-01 McLaren F1 MM LM. :o The new chrome MMT (MZR) and some blue alloy parts (HK) did arrive today. :D

dalejrfanfreak
2004.07.22, 04:28 AM
Hey Phredd, I bought the anti roll set for my corvette but I haven't tested it out yet. I was thinking, could you be getting interference because you don't run the stock antenna and use that guitar string? Just wondering, because it worries me if it won't work. I roll over all the time so the anti shock set should save my butt when we're racing at hobbytown. My dad ordered a Corvette body for himself, and some tires I think, I think my dad was impressed by my vette's handling at the courts or w/e. I was wondering, is there anyway to get the back to the future delorean body without buying the set? I'm a huge fan of those movies and that would be an awesome body to have! Lets see what else can i think up of to talk about at 4 in the morning.......ummmm.......OH! Does anyone here (that goes to hobbytown on thursdays) have any used MR-01 parts that you may be willing to sell? MY hours at hobby town are getting cut ultra bad, so i don't have the opportunity to spend money on my mini z anymore, so i'm looking for ways to get parts cheap. Anyhow, it's 4:30am, and my brain is fried more than KFC chicken. I'll see you all tonight at 6! See ya.

pHREDD
2004.07.22, 08:06 AM
TNB, IM looking foward to seeing the MR-01 McLaren F1 MM LM. I have read on the forums a little about it but never seen any pictures. I really like the 360 and 355 autoscales. :D

dalejrfanfreak, Its not the guitar string I use for the antenna causing the problem. I have tried the stock antenna and it did the same thing. It might work for you so dont give up yet. The back to the future delorean body can be bought as a autoscale. I have seen it around at a lot of places. look on e bay theres a few on there for sale. Check with Chunck. he may have some MR01 parts to part with. See you tonight!

TNB
2004.07.22, 12:29 PM
pHREDD,

There are photos of the MR-02 McLaren on PN Racing's website (along with the race information) as well as a few other sites.
http://www.pnracing.com

bENZinO
2004.07.22, 01:32 PM
>>>Kris can we go in early? it'd be better if u were w/ me, but i'd set it up my self if they'l let me...? get back asap (if u get up early e-nuf :D ) :D
the earlier the better

bENZinO
2004.07.22, 03:40 PM
i spoke w/ Steve and we're gonna meet there at 5 and get it all set up. just in case anyone could get their, we'll be there.
last week it was near 530 brfore we were even set up, thats cuttin into my practice time :p figure in track dismantle and ur only racing 1 -1:15!.
see you all there!! :D

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:20 AM
What a fun time at race night this week. I took a few pics of members cars. I will start off with Kris's #3 vett

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:26 AM
Next is a picture of Steve's old school skyline GT-R KPGC10 (slightly used). Also included is steves chopped land crusier.

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:30 AM
Here is Davids Enzo also slightly "raced" I think he had the fastest :mad: car all night. (Darn you David!!!)

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:33 AM
We have 2 Steve's that race together on Thursday night. Here is the other Steve's car. Looking at this car would never know it had even been run. :rolleyes:

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:38 AM
Todds Cars....Todd is great to race and can hold his own on the track.

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:42 AM
Lamar's car has been seen on here a time or two. here it is again and up close this time.

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:44 AM
ANother new guy showed up tonight with his x-mod (Eric)

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:54 AM
Here is Kris's other Vett

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.07.23, 12:57 AM
So do you all aim for that poor little old school Skyline or what?It looks to have a piece of everyone! :D

pHREDD
2004.07.23, 12:58 AM
Steves new autoscale...aint it purdy...