PDA

View Full Version : Initial D AE86 TRUENO

pHREDD
2004.07.12, 08:58 PM
Here is the last of my Initial D mini-z's

This is my least favorite of the 3 D's......Looks kinda cheap :(

gigglesnirt
2004.07.13, 01:16 AM
if you dont like it i'll take it in a flash, cant seem to find those bodies at all

HammerZ
2004.07.13, 02:49 AM
I thought the shop here was suppose to get some of those, hint, hint. ;)

pHREDD
2004.07.13, 03:16 AM
it was very hard to find. I searched high and low. I will have to keep it for now. I just wanted HammerZ to see it since he showed intrest in the other 2 Initial D's I posted. If Yall want to see any more pics let me know. Did you know the passenger side has no graphics? Is there a web site I can read up on the background of these three cars? Is it a cartoon?

arch2b
2004.07.13, 10:44 AM
how many bodies did you buy?

pHREDD
2004.07.13, 11:09 AM
arch2b I lost count :D I think I ordered 3 or 4 this last time. Some from here and some from HK. I even got 1 from a well known acution site for $8.50 new still in box. with shipping it was $12.50 but a heck of a deal I thought. I have seen another autoscale on Tower for I think it was around $14.00. I run some of them at my home track because racing alone the bodys can take it without much damage if any. I have 3 or 4 bodys I use at the LHS track and to beat around in.

Just when I think "this is the last one" I see something else and get it.

arch2b
2004.07.13, 11:13 AM
hehe, same here. i have atleast one of every overland body stlye and more racer bodies than i know what to do with. they look too damn good to pass up though. what i don't drive get's displayed so it's worth it and their quality is better than some 1/18 diecast

cajun_FD3S
2004.07.27, 12:04 AM
it was very hard to find. I searched high and low. I will have to keep it for now. I just wanted HammerZ to see it since he showed intrest in the other 2 Initial D's I posted. If Yall want to see any more pics let me know. Did you know the passenger side has no graphics? Is there a web site I can read up on the background of these three cars? Is it a cartoon?

yes, there is the cartoon. but about it not having graphics on passenger side that's normal because it's only on one side in the anime. hey i just got the the initial d fd body too. i'm just an initial d freak! ask me anything about it if you have any questions,

pHREDD
2004.07.27, 12:10 AM
where can i find the cartoon?

cajun_FD3S
2004.07.27, 12:22 AM
there is the american versin out by tokyo pop but suggest downloading or buying the japanese version i can see if i can copy mine if you want

bENZinO
2004.07.27, 12:30 AM
heres a pretty official web page by TOKYO POP
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=ITD&categorycode=VAN

pHREDD
2004.07.27, 12:49 AM
there is the american versin out by tokyo pop but suggest downloading or buying the japanese version i can see if i can copy mine if you want

I will try to download it first, thanks

TNB
2004.07.27, 01:02 AM
I even got 1 from a well known acution site for $8.50 new still in box. with shipping it was $12.50 but a heck of a deal I thought.
I saw it there too, but I passed on it and you probably know why--'62 Vette. It does remind me of the police car, but since I made my own, I passed on that one too. I did pick up another AutoScale like one of yours. ;) This week should bring three more RTRs too.

pHREDD
2004.07.27, 01:08 AM
and my wife thinks I got it bad??? Cant wait to see em :p

HammerZ
2004.07.27, 01:48 AM
I have the first six Tokyopop versions (number seven is backordered), but any search on google or other search engine will turn up enough stuff on Initial D.

About the only thing about the Tokyopop release that I'm kind of down on is the fact that the licence plates have been blanked out, also I recommend to watch the subtitled version with the original dialog. Sometimes I turn off the subtitles and listen to the dialog, you will find a good deal of english used there.

pHREDD
2004.07.27, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the tips....I feel a quest coming on...