PDA

View Full Version : Check out my custom painted altezza

i-WERKS
2002.02.12, 07:01 PM
This is my custom paint job. I used Tamiya TS series Orange and Gunmetal plus 4 coats of TS clear coat. Check out the pics. Let me know your comments. Good or bad is welcome.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/i-werks/altezza.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/space/i-werks/altezza2.jpg

My mods.
Clear Blue Chassi
Top Cad Ball antenna
Alloy Rims
Disc Brakes (from Mini-zRacer.com)
custom made bumper
Roll shocks
ball bearings
ball diff
custom made headlight taillight set
Exhaust tip

What should I add next?

i-WERKS
2002.02.12, 07:03 PM
PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE PIC URL IN A NEW BROWSER WINDOW. Angelfire doesn't allow links from outside.

Wedginator
2002.02.12, 07:18 PM
one of the nicest cars i've seen so far. When I saw the pics, I thought I had the wrong address because the car looked like a 1:1 car. :D :D heh....

mini-z
2002.02.12, 07:58 PM
Wow, that's a very very nice job! :cool:

herman
2002.02.13, 02:05 AM
hi...

great looking altezza!!! did you see mine? here's the link

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=984

PITZON
2002.02.13, 05:59 AM
Nice looking car man!!! Stylish and clean =) The alloys looks awesome!

i-WERKS
2002.02.13, 07:38 AM
Herman.

Yours looks great. I love the stickers

Mondo
2002.02.13, 08:24 AM
i-WERKS,

Nice job indeed :)

Mondo

Scoobaru
2002.02.13, 11:43 AM
Amazing work i-WERKS!!!

Now I have an even greater urge to go and buy an altezza body!:p

Sccobaru:D

herman
2002.02.14, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
Herman.

Yours looks great. I love the stickers

thanks, yours looks cool.... stickers are from surplus tamiya 1/24 scale cars, they're a bit big, but it still looks cool.

any ideas for a rally type rear spoiler?

i-WERKS
2002.02.14, 08:00 AM
Herman.

Yeah I didn't really like the Peugeot until I saw the sticker job on yours. I really want one now with the same stickers but don't know where I can get the stickers for it and don't want to spend money on the model kit just for the stickers. Do you know where I can get some and how much it'll cost?

j0nblayz
2002.02.14, 01:49 PM
hey, where did you get those rims from? those are the one i have been looking for... thanx yo

wrcracer
2002.02.14, 02:04 PM
as another altezza owner, i can give a VALUABLE opinion on this matter. (j/k :p ) dude, thats incredibly cool. i have toyota motorsports stickers on mine, but then again, they're homemade. i admit defeat. anyway, i want those rims too!

i-WERKS
2002.02.14, 02:55 PM
RIMS!!
I bought them from my LHS. They were the very last ones. I believe the sell them here in the shop but in gold.

WRCracer.
I got the Toyota motorsports stickers off the HPI 1/10 Supra. I really like the design of it. Too many people using TRD. I had to be a little more original.

j0nblayz
2002.02.14, 03:21 PM
how much you pay for those rims? are they wide rims? or same size as the altezza stock rims?

i-WERKS
2002.02.14, 03:25 PM
It's wide rims. I modified the wheel wells to fit them. They are the same width as CLK and NSX

j0nblayz
2002.02.14, 03:29 PM
all four are wide rims? or only the 2 in the back?

i-WERKS
2002.02.14, 03:44 PM
They're wide in the back and narrow in the front. I paid $29 CAD for them.

Fusion
2002.02.14, 08:17 PM
Those rims are the exact same as mine, but mine are 5 spoke rims:D It looks awefully cool on my altezza, and they kind of extend out from the body a little bit

j0nblayz
2002.02.14, 08:50 PM
i-werks, dang.. you got that fer cheap.. that with rubber? you remember which company made those rims?

herman
2002.02.14, 09:40 PM
i-werks...

here's a link to my car at connecticut speedway...

http://www.connecticutspeedway.com/herman_peugeot.html

there's a write up about the whole job... i just recently did a freinds peugeot. although his car was very light purple, it turned out ok...

luckily the hobby shop had surplus tamiya 1/24 scale car stickers, so i picked up a couple (roughly 300 pesos for a set - kinda steep). for the peugeot i had to cut some of the decals so that they could fit on the car, it was a bit troublesome, but i guess the work paid off.

the body is now for display only, hehehe... i do hope to make another one and coat it with several layers clear paint (to preserve the decals) so that i can run it on the track once in a while...

the link forgot to mention that in addition to the long chasis setting, you'll have to use the high motor mount.... it took me quite a while to find the proper set up for the track, and does require a different driving style.

p.s.

i scanned a couple of decals and hope to post them soon for those interested...

Originally posted by i-WERKS
Herman.

Yeah I didn't really like the Peugeot until I saw the sticker job on yours. I really want one now with the same stickers but don't know where I can get the stickers for it and don't want to spend money on the model kit just for the stickers. Do you know where I can get some and how much it'll cost?

Cruizer
2002.02.14, 09:59 PM
Very nice job! :D :D :D :D

Where did you get your wheels?:cool:

i-WERKS
2002.02.15, 07:44 AM
The rims were repackaged with some no name brand. They didn't come with rubber. I don't remember the name on the label it just looked cheap and was yellow. It was obvious they were repackaged

Cruizer
2002.02.15, 06:32 PM
Thanks!

Very cool car:D :D :D :D

Cruizer