PDA

View Full Version : can you drive the mro2 on the road?

pimpwagon
2004.07.23, 03:57 PM
read the tittle

davkin
2004.07.23, 06:02 PM
No, unless it is very freshly paved and clean and they did one heck of a job on it. You might be better off getting a 1/18 car such as a Micro RS4 or Xray M18.

David

pimpwagon
2004.07.23, 10:04 PM
its newly paved there are a phew peebles that are no more then 6mm in diameter would it be fine

davkin
2004.07.23, 11:11 PM
Maybe if it's very level. Mini-Z's bottom out very easily so any bumps will cause the car to bottom out and spin out. My experience on anything other than foam mats has been less than successful. I've even run on a warehouse concrete floor that wasn't smooth enough.

David

davisdavis
2004.07.24, 07:19 AM
the ground clearance of mr2 is very small, especially at the diff, the diff protection plate is so close to the ground that there is nearly no ground clearance.
i removed that part on the first day of running my mr02. but this will leave your diff more exposed , ( but i think that doesn't matter, i can't think of anyway that the spur gears can break.)

arch2b
2004.07.24, 10:05 AM
well, i agree that new asphalt is preferred... i drive mine in the street all the time though with less than perfect street conditions. i get alot of bumps, hops etc but it's fun regardless. i love watching it zoom full speed until it becomes a tiny dot and then run it all the way back :p can't do that with other similar scale rc's