PDA

View Full Version : Lap counter,whre to buy one???

solartech
2004.07.26, 09:16 PM
where do you buy a computer lap counter for a rcp track?

TNB
2004.07.26, 09:32 PM
Amb-it
http://www.amb-it.com
http://www.amb-it.com/amb.asp

Jitter-Z
2004.07.26, 10:54 PM
where do you buy a computer lap counter for a rcp track?

Just wait another week or so and I'll release details and a video of the new
lap counting system based on the latest RF technology. Best thing about
it is that it is affordable and will have more features than what is possible
with the AMB system :-)

-- Jitter

techno
2004.07.27, 06:23 AM
cant wait keep us informed please

Red Jack's
2004.07.27, 07:17 AM
Jitter,

Will this system work on larger r/c cars? I'm going to have a 1/10th & 1/18th scale r/c track in addition to the rcp track for the mini-z's at my new location.

Jack...

solartech
2004.07.27, 07:48 AM
what type of price range???

gulfclk
2004.07.27, 01:05 PM
why don't you built one yourself? Very cheap and very precise ...

How to do it? Click here. (http://users.pandora.be/belgianmini-z/belgianmini-z/timing.htm)
Good luck !!!!!

davkin
2004.07.27, 08:13 PM
Because people like me don't want to drive cars with huge flags on them! :D Jitter is working on an RF system. Hopefully he can deliver.

David

gulfclk
2004.07.28, 02:30 AM
well, you're right, but if you only have one car on the track, people like you would not have to drive huge flags. And if you're clever enough, you can even do the job without flags .... but that I leave up to you all!!!!!

davkin
2004.07.28, 08:52 AM
What's the point in having a lap counter if you are running by yourself? The only IR system I would consider is something like the LapDragon that doesn't use lazers but IR signals put off by the cars as they approach the S/F line. My only concern with that is the possiblity of light, especially sunlight causing problems.

David

Maximus
2004.07.29, 06:23 PM
any update on the new system?

Jitter-Z
2004.07.29, 08:46 PM
any update on the new system?

I'm gonna release a video next week. Also, I'm going to need some people
who are willing to be beta testers for the system. You'll get the system at
a discount price :-) and get the early bragging rights.
Software is the hold up right now... Non-beta testers will be able to pre-order
the system in about a month (just a guess).

-- Jitter

rlc77
2004.07.29, 09:26 PM
I'm going to need some people who are willing to be beta testers for the system. You'll get the system at a discount price :-) and get the early bragging rights.Sign me up.

davkin
2004.07.29, 11:35 PM
I'd like to be a tester as well. It may be the perfect solution for our club.

David

rkk
2004.07.30, 10:07 AM
I'll throw my hat in as well for the beta test, just tell me who to make the check out to. I have a purpose built mini-z track and have done Beta testing for Microsoft in the past I have looked into RFID systems but just don't seem to have the time to devote to development (I really like the 13.56 MHz film lablel tags). I hope this doesn't break any rules (they don't sell mini-z stuff) but www.rcraceday.com has a pretty nice software package for $35.00 or you can download a demo version . They are looking for OEM's as well, just a thought.

Jitter-Z
2004.07.30, 11:49 AM
I'll throw my hat in as well for the beta test, just tell me who to make the check out to. I have a purpose built mini-z track and have done Beta testing for Microsoft in the past I have looked into RFID systems but just don't seem to have the time to devote to development (I really like the 13.56 MHz film lablel tags). I hope this doesn't break any rules (they don't sell mini-z stuff) but www.rcraceday.com has a pretty nice software package for $35.00 or you can download a demo version . They are looking for OEM's as well, just a thought.

The system is based on RFID. And, it has drained a lot of my time.
Hope people will enjoy the new system... You won't be disappointed in the software
that comes with the system. The rcraceday guys would have to design the software
from scratch anyways to handle the new protocol. I don't want to spill
the beans on the advanced software features yet. But, I think the beta testers will find
it tough to stop racing (err evaluating). The only thing that I do ask of testers is that
they keep quiet (it's gonna be hard) about the features. I'd rather make the official
announcements once things have been thoroughly debugged.

-- Jitter

rlc77
2004.07.30, 02:21 PM
The only thing that I do ask of testers is that
they keep quiet (it's gonna be hard) about the features. I'd rather make the official

-- JitterMy Lips are sealed. Just tell me what info you need from me to become a tester for you.

rkk
2004.07.30, 06:02 PM
The system is based on the 13.56MHz RFID stuff. And, it has drained a lot of my time.
Hope people will enjoy the new system... You won't be disappointed in the software
that comes with the system. The rcraceday guys would have to design the software
from scratch anyways to handle the RFID ISO standard protocol. I don't want to spill
the beans on the advanced software features yet. But, I think the beta testers will find
it tough to stop racing (err evaluating). The only thing that I do ask of testers is that

-- Jitter

As a beta tester I would certainly sign a NDA. I've looked into the RFID systems myself, there is a company in Boulder tham makes OEM boards but to date they only have a 9" antenna array. They are working on both a multiplexer and a signal amplifier (FCC limits 13.56 to 1 watt, their current system is only .25). Their OEM boards are priced right however. What size tags are you using? I will understand if you don't want to give away too much too early in the game. Unfortunate to hear about the RCRaceday software.

rkkastner@yahoo.com

Red Jack's
2004.07.30, 09:08 PM
Jitter,

I would like to beta test the system for you. I'll be running it in a commercial raceway environment.

Jack...

arch2b
2004.07.30, 09:12 PM

-- Jitter
how many are you looking for (testers)?

techno
2004.08.02, 06:21 AM
i musta missed the boat on this i too would like to test this too

Jitter-Z
2004.08.03, 02:25 AM
Okay Guys,

Send email to jitter@globalraceway.com if you are interested in beta testing the
new lap counting system of the future :-) I will send further details and instructions
to those who reply.

Thanks for your help,
-- Jitter

rlc77
2004.08.03, 07:04 AM
JitterZ.......ygm

Maxfield
2004.08.03, 10:00 AM
I'm interested in being a beta tester, but I'd like to see the video and get some more info on what the system is all about.

TNB
2004.08.03, 04:55 PM
The display looks nice. Car's interchangeable? I may have to consider this as well depending on all the requirements.

Capt. Oversteer
2004.08.04, 11:30 PM
Okay Guys,

Send email to jitter@globalraceway.com if you are interested in beta testing the
new lap counting system of the future :-) I will send further details and instructions
to those who reply.

Thanks for your help,
-- Jitter

Jitter,

I sent you an e-mail from my e-mail at netzero on being a tester.

TNB
2004.08.04, 11:43 PM
Does "Global Raceway" have a website?

Jitter-Z
2004.08.05, 10:43 AM
Does "Global Raceway" have a website?

Not at the moment. But, soon :-)
-- Jitter

hooked911
2004.08.08, 02:37 PM
I am interested in you lap counter. I own an outdoor rc car track that runs 1/10th scale. Would this work with 1/10th scale?? If so can you send me a quote on the price of the system? PLEASE contact me at rsnashville@hotmail.com.

rlc77
2004.08.21, 08:55 PM
Jitter-Z......Any update on progress?

gRC
2004.11.29, 11:12 AM
What ever happened? Will this system become available?

arch2b
2004.11.29, 11:56 AM
guys, rome wasn't built in a day... (this bit was referring to the wrong system and edited out).

these things do take time though.....

gRC
2004.11.29, 12:16 PM
"core"???

The system that Jitter-Z mentioned is the same thing as the Core system?
Jitter-Z became CoreAnalog?
globalraceway.com became corespeedway.com?

:confused:

arch2b
2004.11.29, 12:25 PM
"core"???

The system that Jitter-Z mentioned is the same thing as the Core system?
Jitter-Z became CoreAnalog?
globalraceway.com became corespeedway.com?

:confused:
:o my mistake...... i didn't pay close enough attention to the thread title :p

i'll go back and edit........

gRC
2004.11.29, 12:49 PM
Isn't it possible that this system became Core?

After all, CoreAnalog appeared after Jitter-Z stopped posting.
However, there is one big difference...

I hope to price it around $300. --Jitter (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=133285&postcount=11)
The retail prices is $499 and includes 6 transponders. --Core (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=154522&postcount=128)

arch2b
2004.11.29, 12:51 PM
sure

and santa really does exist :p

dean
2004.12.25, 12:59 PM
I have one of the Laser with flag style counters built by Crottys Custom R/C

It was never used as I decided to go with the AMB because I do mini-T racing.

I am offering this 6 car counter for $250 delivered.(paid $350)Still new!!!

Offers will get my Home address and Phone number for security, and you can also see my store at RC-crazy.com

My best always, Dean

dean
2005.01.09, 10:51 PM
Ok..that didnt go very well .. :cool:

How about $200 ..any takers Before I post it on ebay.

legend15x3
2005.08.05, 03:16 AM

-- Jitter

Hello,

I run a racing league in OKC, Oklahoma at a school that I teach for. We run a ten race series and special races. Was wondering if you have sent out all your test racing packages? If all are not out, was wondering what I could do to help with the testing and to use one for racing series? What would be needed in way of correspondance about the performance of the device?

TIA

briankstan
2005.08.05, 07:28 AM
check the other threads, there are lots of post about performance and a couple of short reviews.

the system is being released to the public very soon. maybe today, or possibly next week. I have one on pre-order. (sorry you missed your chance)

everyone gives it great reviews.

Brian