PDA

View Full Version : My MZM track - part 1

monster-z
2004.08.03, 07:51 PM
Hey,

I have been working on part 1 on my track for a couple of days now and i though i would see what you all thought of it. It's not finished yet (part 1) and there are 5 more parts to make.

I made it using chicken wire and papier mache, on a wooden base about 4ft by 3ft. I will be painting it when the papier mache is dry.

TNB
2004.08.03, 07:55 PM
I can't wait to see some action photos. :)

pHREDD
2004.08.03, 08:01 PM
looks good so far...is it gonna be for racing or climbing....or both :D

monster-z
2004.08.03, 08:19 PM
Both of course :D:D

micromonsterz
2004.08.03, 08:27 PM
Big E for EEEFFORT - GOOD ON YOU for having the tenacity to do that, well done!!

easy
2004.08.09, 11:31 PM
Looks good so far. I suggest you paint it with an egg shell finish wall paint, it will be a mat (flat) finish with a pit of texture for grip. Some folks use semi gloss acrylic paints or other paints that endy up shiny and plasticy looking.

radcast2
2004.08.24, 10:12 PM
My wife would Kill me if she saw that on the table :D

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2004.09.23, 06:19 PM
THat is MONSTROUS!

Looks Good..... I will like to see the end results.. Maybe... share your plans so that I can someday develop a galactic track with Human influence....

saiyan
2005.04.05, 05:17 PM
This is an old thread, but maybe you would have the track completed by now? I'm interested cause i now have 2 OL and am thinking of making my own OL track for me and my friends. I'm leaning more towards a hard foam to work with.

Ninja
2005.04.05, 05:43 PM
yeah i wonder what ever happened with this track idea, i would like to build a monster track for us guys up in Chat Town.

saiyan
2005.04.05, 06:05 PM
I went to lakeshore's web site and clicked on there OL track, and that looks great. Unfortunately it seems to be quite expensive. :(

mini-z racing
2005.04.05, 09:31 PM
That looks nice, i might need to make one if i keep my monster

saiyan
2005.04.06, 01:15 AM
Yeah i'm trying to get my buddy into it as well, the mini-zs that is. I got him hooked on 10th scale touring and an E-maxx. He was already into boats and airplanes so it wasn't hard. I think that if he gets into then there'll be 2 of us and we should be able to build something. I would like there to be a track to race on, but be able to just play and climb. Will have to draw this one up i guess to start. I'm deffinately leaning towards foam as i don't have much space and it will have to be takin apart/built alot.

Do you have any pics of your MZM? Just incase you descide to sell as i may be interested. I still want to get 2 F1s and 2 MZMs as my budget allows.

easy
2005.04.06, 02:31 AM
I'm working on an indoor offroad track too. The first three are some pics of the first trial run. The rocks are foam with a base coat only in these pics. The track surface is painted laminate flooring under lay in these pics that has since been changed to carpet so the rocks can be secured with velcro.

The last 2 pics are my rocks qn the floor drying after the colouring and texture is completed and 2 of my sand dunes on my desk.

DM

saiyan
2005.04.07, 01:36 AM
You know with the natural earth tones and having it look like sand and rocks and the branches, it's got a kinda zen thing going on. What's the name of that kind of Japanese design...? All you need is a water feature and you got yourself a min-z spa!! :D

I really do like what you have goin on there though. :cool: I'm a little jealouse. :o

Ninja
2005.04.07, 06:52 AM
are you refering to "fung shuei"?

easy
2005.04.07, 02:34 PM
Hmmm... maybe I'll have to call it Zenshuei Raceway! :D I started another thread called my indoor crawling track so I wouldn't be high jacking this thread. That thread has pics of the rocks in those pics with the colourling and texturing completed.

DM

saiyan
2005.04.07, 04:00 PM
Yes! that would be the name of it :) . I will have to keep an eye on your new thread as you will have to keep it updated with pics. I'm gonna go lookin around this week-end for foam and ply. I was thinkin of adding a suspension bridge to it.

theplanethobbys
2005.07.31, 08:19 AM
I will add that you can save a little time and use a sheet or any type of cloth instead of fooling with strips of paper. Still looks nice though. Cannot wait to see the results.
todd :D