PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the tip, y'all, here's the new track...

hue35
2004.09.11, 09:00 PM
SuperFly has been askin' and I've been readin' and we decided to drop the order on 2 wide L RCP tracks. HOLY MOSES! These things rule... y'all weren't kiddin'. Thanks again to you dudes for the good info and thanks to the RCP dude for makin' such a badass track. We couldn't be more happy with this track. Here's some pictures of the layout...

byebye
2004.09.11, 09:14 PM
Looks awesome! Looks like you can carry some real speed out of the corners. Nice!!!

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.11, 09:19 PM
you have some blank tiles in there too it looks like, get those for free or just forget to mention them?

Looks good, lots of space you have there, wish I had that space I could have mine set up permently.

arch2b
2004.09.11, 09:50 PM
sweet layout! nice ae86 as well ;)

pHREDD
2004.09.11, 10:05 PM
Very nice race room....everyone can appreciate your set up

SuperFly
2004.09.11, 10:38 PM
you have some blank tiles in there too it looks like, get those for free or just forget to mention them?

Looks good, lots of space you have there, wish I had that space I could have mine set up permently.

Those tiles aren't compete blanks, they have a hole in one corner. We just put a piece of tape over the holes. We still had about 4 pieces left after setting up that layout from 2 Wide L tracks.

It's my office, so I can't leave it up permanently. We usually race on Friday night, and maybe leave it up and squeeze in a few hours on a weekend afternoon. We took it apart in 3x2 chunks and leaned them up against the wall. Took 2 of us less than 10 minutes to put it away. I image set-up time will be similar.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.11, 11:23 PM
Those tiles aren't compete blanks, they have a hole in one corner. We just put a piece of tape over the holes. We still had about 4 pieces left after setting up that layout from 2 Wide L tracks.

It's my office, so I can't leave it up permanently. We usually race on Friday night, and maybe leave it up and squeeze in a few hours on a weekend afternoon. We took it apart in 3x2 chunks and leaned them up against the wall. Took 2 of us less than 10 minutes to put it away. I image set-up time will be similar.

tape over the holes huh? Interesting... you should email RCP, he sometimes will send out some of the plugs... not sure what he charges but it is nice to have them on hand.

hue35
2004.09.12, 03:43 PM
tape over the holes huh? Interesting... you should email RCP, he sometimes will send out some of the plugs... not sure what he charges but it is nice to have them on hand.

That's exactly what we need. I just cloned-out the tape in the one picture, so I could see what it would look like. We were hoping to get some blank tiles, but plugs would be fine... man, I love this stuff.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.12, 03:50 PM
That's exactly what we need. I just cloned-out the tape in the one picture, so I could see what it would look like. We were hoping to get some blank tiles, but plugs would be fine... man, I love this stuff.

yeah, the RCP is absolutly without-a-doubt the best hop-up for this hobby. Makes you love your Z a million times more easily! I would suggest posting something in the RCP support forum or contacting John directly to see about those plugs. Have fun!

TNB
2004.09.13, 02:06 AM
We usually race on Friday night, and maybe leave it up and squeeze in a few hours on a weekend afternoon...I image set-up time will be similar.
What time should we all arrive? It usually takes me longer to set up the track since I have to figure out how I want to actually lay it out. :rolleyes:

bithed
2004.09.13, 02:27 AM
...TNB is is JUST me or is that setup missing a GREAT BIG PanicToys.com banner? :)

TNB
2004.09.13, 02:29 AM
Mine doesn't have one either though I do have one Kyosho banner left.