PDA

View Full Version : Question about a part

helloitzkenny
2004.09.13, 10:12 PM
Hey guys i have a question, i have recently broke the rear end of my mzm. What broke was the hole that screws in the rear lower arm. Instead of just being stripped out, the screw hole broke in half, and i have no way of attaching the rear lower arm back to the mzm. Anyway, my question is what part number is this? I have remember seeing it on Ebay once for sale but now i can't seem to find it anymore. I checked the Kyosho site and the closest thing i found is "KYOC7806 MM07 Kyosho Gearbox Set Mini-Z Monster." I'm not quite sure if this is the right part due to the lack of pictures. Also i have seen in the Minizracer shop http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=867 I'm also not sure if this is the right part. And before my rear lower arm screw hole broke, the screw holes for my wheelie bar had all broken off too! I can understand if i mess around with it and overtighten it, but i haven't even taken the wheelie bar or the rear lower arm apart yet. Have any of you guys had this problem? I wonder if they make a replacement part in a better material other than the black plastic ones. Anyway, any information that can help me get my monster running again will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!!

Kenny

Dominick Shaunt
2004.09.13, 10:28 PM
Never had problem with wheelie bar post on original gearbox because i cut them off !! :) lol !! but on second gearbox have had zero problems out of it ... you have the correct gearbox part number an correct link to buy them here on MiniZRacer ... but be aware it come with a few more parts than just the gearbox....

bithed
2004.09.13, 10:31 PM
...yup Kenny you need a rear gear box mate...Its only available right now in the same plastic as stock...You COULD try a slightly fatter screw for some more support...Or maybe glue itin if you arent too worried about removing it later...The thinner parts of the stock units all over the monster are prone to cracking / breaking / stripping...bit of loctite helps to hold your crews should you decide to leave them looser...The monster seems to have a habit of rattling loose its screws...

...I have found that the lower arm breakageson the FRONT usually come after, in this order, the damper stay pillow ball mounts, the front servo case pillow ball mounts, and then the lower arm...I havent actually ever broken the rear...It sounds like you might have landed square on your bum and ripped it out like that...

...The screw is still stuck in the hole? if its NOT and the screw hole has just split try this for a VERY temporary fix...a length of plastic / carbon, like the screw side of one of your h plates from a racer...screw it / stick it to your gear box and put the ball into THAT...it aint perfect but itll keep you running till the postman arrives ;)

bithed
2004.09.13, 10:33 PM
...Dom...you arent using a wheelie bar at all? I run with mine off alot...I am putting together another one right now but i prefer to run with it off...I picked up the new KYOSHO alloy one and i like it but the wheelie is nice once or twice...after that...as you say...its not needed...

Dominick Shaunt
2004.09.13, 10:44 PM
Yeah I snapped and sanded the ends off gearbox liked it clean then though I might like alloy wheelie bar so brought a new gearbox and alloy wheelie bar and now wonder what was i thinking i really don't like it on my truck .... :D plus have 3 sets of tires i don't use either and 3 bodies as well ... will have to do some spring cleaning ... :)

bithed
2004.09.13, 10:48 PM
...man tell me about it...i have two COMPLETE monsters (without boards) set up JUST from parts floating around...i was really surprised...I was considering putting them up for sale in here but...yeah te wheelie bar has to go...its just pointless...I am doing a different one like a dragster...to KEEP my bum on the ground !!

mini-z
2004.09.15, 01:05 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=867

That's the one Kenny; we do have GPM Alloy ones on the way, though we don't have a firm ETA.

helloitzkenny
2004.09.16, 12:26 AM
Cool! Thanks for the 411 guys, i have already ordered one and it should be on the way soon!!

Kenny