PDA

View Full Version : Text directly under the user Alias

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.19, 02:40 PM
I have looked a few times for a way to change the text under the user alias and have looked at the people that have their changed and it seems to me that the people that have that text changed are either moderators or have had their username here for a long time... am I right in assuming that we (the common joe) cannot change that text currently? Will we be able to in v.2.0?

bENZinO
2004.09.19, 03:13 PM
i had wondered this myself before. i too will be waiting for a reply

MattPaintballer
2004.09.19, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure about this forum, but in one of the paintball forums I used to visit (One of the admins and most of the mods started abusing their powers :(, so the admins decided to shut it down) only the mods and admins could change the text. And they could change it for anyone except other mods/admins. It could be different here though.

One thing I have wondered about, is that there is no Private Messaging :(. I wanted to PM the guy here who works for Porta-Traxx (My e-mail is down) but it said the administrators had disabled PM's :(.

I'm not saying this is a bad forum or anything, it's the best Mini-Z forum I've seen, I just wish I could PM. But hey, the administrators are the administrators, and this is their forum.

HammerZ
2004.09.19, 11:31 PM
We changed them in the past no problem. It is just that they are using a newer version now for the forum. Not to long ago they had to work out the avatar problem. Look's like the title may need to be looked into as well.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.19, 11:51 PM
We changed them in the past no problem. It is just that they are using a newer version now for the forum. Not to long ago they had to work out the avatar problem. Look's like the title may need to be looked into as well.

yeah... I remember the switch to this version was a little chunky, had a standard theme for a week or so, it was hideous... I wanted the grey back :)

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.09.20, 12:28 AM
I asked about the custom user status over a month ago, Mini-z didn't know it wasn't working.
I hope he see's this thread and gets it working before I forget what I wanted to put there. :D

arch2b
2004.09.20, 05:46 AM
it is the same deal with this as was with the avatar.... after the upgrade a few tiny things stoped working and you don't know unless someone tries them.... it's been added to his list of things to do, which is a very long list ;)

Ninja
2004.09.20, 07:55 AM
why even try to fix all these things before the site change-over? then they might need to be fixed again :o

arch2b
2004.09.20, 08:09 AM
site changeover? a new version of the site is under development however i believe it still utilizes the same vb software? i'm not up on all the particulars of web sites and development so i can't say for sure. but to answer your question... because the moderators and mini-z get flooded with emails about how this and that aren't working etc. :o i suposse your damned if you do and damned if you don't....

Ninja
2004.09.20, 08:10 AM
yeah kind of a sticky situation isnt it?

TNB
2004.09.20, 04:18 PM
I wanted to PM the guy here who works for Porta-Traxx.
Have you tried the 4L RCP Track at Danseys yet? You are the same person who lives in Las Vegas looking for a track to run on, correct?

MattPaintballer
2004.09.20, 08:05 PM
Yes, that was me. No i haven't tried the track at Danseys, I haven't tried any tracks at all. I don't even have a Mini-Z yet. I joined the forum so I could learn about Mini-Z's before getting one. I'll look into the RCP tracks. I don't have a lot of room in my house for a permanent setup, which is why I was looking at the Porta-Traxx.

TNB
2004.09.20, 09:10 PM
The RCP Tracks can be set-up and taken apart. I store my Mini-Tile inside and set it up in the driveway. Set-up time is around 15 minutes and tear down around 10 minutes. It usually takes me longer to set up since I plan as I go.

As I mentioned to one of the other local MZR members the other night, look through Gallery TNB and if there is any particular model Mini-Z you want to check out, let me know a head of time and I can meet you at Danseys with it most weekends. Last Friday, I let RCcrawler try out the F1 NASCAR, an MR02 F50 and an MR02 Enzo. There are also photos of the local track and my track in Gallery TNB.

If you want, post a message on the following thread or email me via my website with your name and phone number and perhaps later, the three of us local MZR members can make arrangements to meet at Danseys.
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11193

However, it won't happen this Friday or Saturday since I will be at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway watching the NASCAR/Champ Car qualifiers and races.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.20, 10:16 PM
site changeover? a new version of the site is under development however i believe it still utilizes the same vb software? i'm not up on all the particulars of web sites and development so i can't say for sure. but to answer your question... because the moderators and mini-z get flooded with emails about how this and that aren't working etc. :o i suposse your damned if you do and damned if you don't....

I'm sure that he will either be using the same version or a version of very close compatibility. Most likely the vb scripting will not change to much of a degree, either way as you said earlier he has quite a list of things to do so currently I would rather he concentrates on version 2 of the site and we can nag him after the new version is released to fix the tiny things like this. :D

mini-z
2004.09.22, 09:39 AM
:o Sorry, will check it out shortly! :o

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.10.01, 10:11 AM
It's fixed, thanks Mini-z.
The new Quick Reply feature is a nice addition as well.

mini-z
2004.10.01, 10:17 AM
You guys are quick! I just made a bunch of changes/added a few things - let me know if there's anything that's still not fixed, I think I got most of the known bugs! :)

HammerZ
2004.10.01, 12:02 PM
I love this quick reply feature.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.01, 12:34 PM
Yes, this quick reply is very very nice... have been using it for the last 15 or so posts... good stuff...

i'm still not use to the red buttons in the fourms... it's... different.

I'll have to check out that text under the alias in the options :D