PDA

View Full Version : Bmw M3 Gtr

cam2
2004.09.22, 07:32 PM
got my beemer in the mail today! the pics just don't do it justice this car looks awesome down to the carbon fiber roof! i haven't had a chance to drive it yet, probably saturday. here's some pics.

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album536

lfisminiz
2004.09.22, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the pics.Love it.Cantwait for the shop to get them in.Where did you get them?Let us know how it handles.Thats for the mm chassis right?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.22, 10:41 PM
I'm so jellous. I really want that car. It's hard to see detail in the pic because the car is black so i'll ask for your opinion. How do you find the detail in the car? Does it look detailed? I wont ask performance questions for a little while at least ;)

Ninja
2004.09.23, 07:37 AM
Thats for the mm chassis right?
no, thats for the RM chassis, but there are new MM chassis bodies to be released soon, like the new Benz :D

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.09.23, 07:51 AM
no, thats for the RM chassis, but there are new MM chassis bodies to be released soon, like the new Benz :D

Actually it is for the MM chassis.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.23, 08:14 AM

yeah, I thought it was the MM... I was a little confused by what Ninja said

Ninja
2004.09.23, 08:25 AM
sorry for the mis-information, i thouht it was an RM release to match the new McLaren released a few weeks ago, my bad

arch2b
2004.09.23, 08:39 AM
it's nice to see more than just exotics for the mm chassis. now we have a daily driver so to speak ;) looks nice although not as nice as it could have been if they used a better model....

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.09.23, 08:59 AM
I don't think I'd call this a daily driver. It's the road version of their La Mans series racecar. Now all Kyosho has to do is change the wing, slap on some decals and its more La Mans goodness.

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.09.23, 09:07 AM
Now all Kyosho has to do is change the wing, slap on some decals and its more La Mans goodness.

Which I'm sure we'll soon see. ;)

arch2b
2004.09.23, 09:10 AM
well, in it's current color scheme, it looks like a daily driver. i would love to see race spec scheme's as those are typically my favorites for all the bodies (where applicable)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.23, 12:00 PM
well yes, it does look more daily driverish in the colors that they chose. I think that the spoiler is crap though... put a wing on that thing like the CLK and then make it Fire Engine Red with some sponser decals then we have a sweet exotic. I wonder if the silver just has the roof painted black or if it has a Carbon Fiber pattern... I believe that is what is suppose to be... am I wrong?

cam2
2004.09.23, 08:09 PM
I'm so jellous. I really want that car. It's hard to see detail in the pic because the car is black so i'll ask for your opinion. How do you find the detail in the car? Does it look detailed? I wont ask performance questions for a little while at least ;)

the car is very nicely detailed it's hard to see from my pics though. they should have went with different colors to show off the detail like yellow or that shade of blue that the m3 comes out of the factory with. and the roof isn't just painted black their is a carbon fiber pattern. i found this on ebay by the way, the same guy that was selling off Mclarens.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.23, 11:30 PM
the car is very nicely detailed it's hard to see from my pics though. they should have went with different colors to show off the detail like yellow or that shade of blue that the m3 comes out of the factory with. and the roof isn't just painted black their is a carbon fiber pattern. i found this on ebay by the way, the same guy that was selling off Mclarens.

Yeah, I saw RedKing selling them... but with all the complaints with time and such i'm definitly waiting for the shop to get them and hopfully order one for myself before they are sold out :)

I think to show off the detail more I will be going with the Silver. But I agree, that Metallic Blue that Beemers come in would have been an amazing choice, maybe a limited edition will come out later on that will give us that sweet color. Until then we have yet another black or silver autoscale to play-- err, do hobby stuff with ;)

cam2
2004.09.27, 05:13 PM
i put up some more pics with mclaren 5 star wheels and 5 star kyosho nsx wheels.
and i took the wing off. i think it looks better with the wing off.

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album536

arch2b
2004.09.27, 09:45 PM
it does look sleeker without the spoiler (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album536/BMW_M3_GTR_106) those k. wheels are a huge improvement as well.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.27, 10:42 PM
Hey Cam2, nice Beemer. There is some nice detail upfront in that one isn't there? Do they have the spots for easy LED installation in the headlights and tail lights?

I'm not too fussy about the spoiler myself either, but without it, it doesn't look as sporty, and the GTM is for sure a sporty car. How are the holes left behind after you take the spoiler off, are they too odd? I wonder how hard it would be to get another spoiler to cover those holes?

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.09.28, 05:42 AM
Hey cam2,
Are the mirrors on the BMW rubbery like on the Mclaren and a few other bodies?
It looks pretty sweet with those Mclaren wheels on it.

cam2
2004.09.28, 01:07 PM
Hey cam2,
Are the mirrors on the BMW rubbery like on the Mclaren and a few other bodies?
It looks pretty sweet with those Mclaren wheels on it.

no their not it was the first thing i checked when i took it out of the box.

twenty-se7en- it does have light sockets, i'll post some pics later with the lights on. the holes from the spoiler aren't that big it doesn't look to bad.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.28, 05:22 PM
no their not it was the first thing i checked when i took it out of the box.

twenty-se7en- it does have light sockets, i'll post some pics later with the lights on. the holes from the spoiler aren't that big it doesn't look to bad.

The mirrors aren't rubbery? I wonder why the hell they didn't do that... huge disapointment.

Ninja
2004.09.28, 05:25 PM
they probably didnt see people racing it as much as the McLaren. They probably seen it more as a primarily collector car/ shelf queen type.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.28, 05:28 PM
Well... I race everything :)

edhchoe
2004.10.22, 06:47 PM

Will the body fit my MR01 chassis?

cam2
2004.10.23, 06:46 AM
no it's meant for the MM setting which is longer than the mr01 rm.

arch2b
2004.10.23, 07:32 AM
someone posted pictures of doing just that. they had a custom lengthened h plate

cam2
2004.10.23, 08:02 AM
in my opinion it's not worth it. the body is kind of top heavy the car rolled easily with it on.

Aaronnn
2004.10.23, 10:30 AM
i finally got to open my gtr on the 21st....i really like the lines of this body...i am waiting for the decal sheet to get here and then i will post some pics...i will run this car next week and see how it handles...the rcp track is in storage...so maybe next satuerday i will get it out...

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.24, 02:19 PM
decal sheet huh? Sounds interesting keep us posted.

Aaronnn
2004.10.25, 12:01 PM
saturday...not satuerday...ugh no edit!

Aaronnn
2004.10.25, 12:02 PM
just a decal sheet from mzr...im not sure what on it....

TNB
2004.10.25, 12:57 PM
Aaronn,
There were a few people over this past Saturday and we ran a few Zs. Even a few other kids from somewhere showed up to watch and wanted to know if we were running on Sunday too. I know that one of the locals also wants to run this Saturday so the driveway will probably be busy. When I finally get around to moving, I'll probably leave the Mini-Tile set up but am still debating how I plan to set up the large track since the area is not totally paved though it is larger--plywood? It may also give a new meaning to offroad if I drop the track off into the gravel area. I may just leave areas open for turn marshals to walk through instead on walking on the track. Also, the bridge was fun this past weekend, especially at high speeds flying out the other end. A few good flips on the video.

BTW, Danseys is remodeling and the pit area will not be as you remember it since the wall is going all the way back to the RCP Track. If you come down sometime, bring the newbee Z. I don't have that one and I am just curious as to how it runs. I want to hold out for the Mini-Buggy, but that dang chrome Tamiya Knight Hauler is a beauty then have 4 F1s back out of it (or the chrome NSX and chrome AE MMT). It would be a sight--though a very expensive sight.

Looking forward to the photos.

G-Class
2004.11.12, 04:24 PM
Sweet! Stupid question, is that for the Mini-Z or Iwavers?

bithed
2004.11.12, 07:50 PM
...i just LOVE the way 5-spokes can make absolutley ANY ride that little bit better...looks nice...i seee what you mean about he wing too...does look better without..

byebye
2004.11.12, 08:38 PM
Don't know if this was said but for those with the gtr did you notice the pearl paint and cf roof? Sorry I just noticed today. It's a sweet ride and it runs quite well around the track. I'm uploading pics in my gallery now.

cam2
2005.01.25, 11:03 AM
i put up some new pics of the m3 with rims from the taisan porsche. i love the way it looks like a track car with these rims on. (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album536)

byebye
2005.01.25, 12:09 PM
i put up some new pics of the m3 with rims from the taisan porsche. i love the way it looks like a track car with these rims on. (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album536)
Cam looks awesome. We run the same bbs wheels on our team z46 gtr's only in a gun metal. Where did you get those tires?

TNB
2005.01.25, 12:32 PM
Byebye,
BTW, the M3 floats like a rock or at least that is what I thought of it when hitting the elevated ramp at high speeds.

cam2
2005.01.25, 12:33 PM
i got them here.

http://www.********.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?man=gpm&car_id=146&cat=all

(edit) h obbyetc

byebye
2005.01.25, 12:34 PM
tower ? the mart?
(edit) beat me to it!