PDA

View Full Version : Where will New Iwaver models go?

easy
2004.09.23, 06:46 PM
I was wondering how posting for the new Iwaver models is going to be handled here. will you blend the new models into the corresponding existing Kyosho forums or will you split up the Iwaver forum into the different models?

I think it would be easier for members and administrators if the corresponding Iwaver models were blended into the existing forums. Since the cars are virtually identical and the shop here will be selling the Iwaver line up I think the corresponding models should be discussed together as one.

What do you think?

arch2b
2004.09.23, 06:57 PM
no... that's just my opinion 1 iwaver section for the all

MattPaintballer
2004.09.23, 07:18 PM
I don't think they should be blended in with the Kyosho forums. ie I don't think the IW-01 should go with the MR-01, and the IW-03 shouldn't go with the Overland. I think they should either just keep the one IWaver section or split it up into IW-00, IW- 01, IW-02, IW-03, and IW-04. For those that don't know, here is a table showing which Kyosho product the IWavers are based off of.

Kyosho IWaver

Palm Runner | IW-00
Mini-Z MR-01 | IW-01
Mini-Z MR-02 | IW-02
Mini-Z Overland |IW-03
Mini-Z Monster | IW-04

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.23, 11:28 PM
I don't think that they should be blended into each other. We don't know what kind of quality these are going to be and if they are going to be any good at all. I believe that if the demand for a wider range of categories is required for the Iwaver that they should just be created under the Iwaver category, ie:

Mini-zRacer.com Forums > Iwaver > IW-03

Or

Mini-zRacer.com Forums > Iwaver > Parts and Hop-Ups

MattPaintballer
2004.09.24, 11:25 AM
Yeah that's what I meant to say. For some reason I just couldn't think of how to explain it.

ChiefGreenLeaf
2004.10.04, 01:54 PM
I think that the I-waver forum's should go over on TinyRC.com, after all this is
Mini-Z racer.com not Knock-off.com!

arch2b
2004.10.04, 02:33 PM
i would agree that it belongs on tiny if it were not for the fact that they are built to almost exact copies of the mini-z and therefore are compatible with almost all the parts sold, developed, discussed about here. besides, i think the idea of them being knock off's has already been discussed thoroughly so please let's not get into that here. some will always see them as such while other will not and without difinative proof from iwaver or kyosho, as in written statements, it's all based on conjecture and opinion. who knows, maybe they want to keep it that way ;)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.04, 05:04 PM
I think that the I-waver forum's should go over on TinyRC.com, after all this is
Mini-Z racer.com not Knock-off.com!
... *grumble* lol
such a touch topic... :D :p

easy
2004.10.11, 04:27 PM
i would agree that it belongs on tiny if it were not for the fact that they are built to almost exact copies of the mini-z and therefore are compatible with almost all the parts sold, developed, discussed about here. besides, i think the idea of them being knock off's has already been discussed thoroughly so please let's not get into that here. some will always see them as such while other will not and without difinative proof from iwaver or kyosho, as in written statements, it's all based on conjecture and opinion. who knows, maybe they want to keep it that way ;)

With the cancellation of the Mini-Z Cup Series and the undeniable similarity between the two product lines I really find it hard to believe Iwaver is not simply a way for Kyosho to lower its pricing without associating its brand name with value pricing. Cancelling the Mini-Z Cup maybe the first indication that Kyosho is winding down its Mijni-Z line up or simply converting it to the Iwaver brand. A sure sign of the later would be to see an Iwaver Cup replace the Mini-Z Cup. Along the same line of reason if the Mini-Z Cup was replaced by an open series that allowed both brands that would be a strong indication that Iwaver and Kyosho are partners if not the same company.

TJF did say in his article about Iwavers in his magazine that the IW-01 was made on Kyosho molds, maybe that was not in the article and in a post he made but he said the source was Iwaver.

The main difference had been electronics but in the new 01 models that issue seems to have been resolved. Bringing the price of electronics down for the Iwaver doesn't mean lower quality. Due to its lower price the Iwaver brand may be expected to sell in higher volume and therefore a better volume discount is available for the Iwaver. The electronics are likely made by the same supplier for both Iwaver and Kyosho brands so again volume goes up and the cost per unit goes down for the supplier so they pass on the savings to Iwaver and Kyosho.

Iwaver can help Kyosho by increasing their buying power to get a lower price per unit for both product lines. Kyosho can maintain a higher profit margin on their Kyosho cars and realise both lower costs and higher margins by partnering with Iwaver.

The Iwaver is a lot more than just a knock off of the Kyosho Mini-Z and the IW-01 and MR-01 have shared many of the same problems. Personnaly I don't see the point in duplicating the MZR format in an expanded Iwaver section. The Kyosho and Iwaver equivalent models are going to have the same problems and the same tunning and hop up issues. Knowledgeable people are going to be found in both camps so it means everyone is going to have to monitor the threads for both brands to get the best info. That or they will go to another forum that does blend the two brands together.

arch2b
2004.10.11, 04:32 PM
i undersand but then you get endless posts requesting seperate sections again because of this or that. it was intially thought iwaver's were being snubbed by not even having a section. so now that they get one, they are being unfairly slingled out? you get tons of request for this and that, never are they all compatible. the best you can hope for is a happy middle ground.

a perfect example are all the various requests in this thread

The Stampede
2004.10.23, 04:26 AM
i know im new here, but why have a seperate thread for iwavers at all? frome what ive seen so far the two vehicles in question are neerly identical, so all ithe info for one usually is used on the other. the iwaver is nothing special and shouldnt be treated as such, at least its just my oppinion. im not pejudges or anything but it gets my blood boiling to see that yet an other minority is getting there way by crying the blues. just for your info, i actually have an iwaver but i dont want special treatment for that fact.

Vash

arch2b
2004.10.23, 07:30 AM
thanks you, you just proved my point :p