PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I don't have any experiece with Overlands. OL won't turn!

newbitowner
2004.09.30, 09:13 PM
I opened up the servo case and it seems like something jammed. I looked at al the servo gears and none of them look like they broke. I take some of the servo apart so free the wheels to turn. Then I put it back together and now it won't turn.

What is the problem? would R/C shops help me out with it for free?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.30, 10:35 PM
I opened up the servo case and it seems like something jammed. I looked at al the servo gears and none of them look like they broke. I take some of the servo apart so free the wheels to turn. Then I put it back together and now it won't turn.

What is the problem? would R/C shops help me out with it for free?

None of the gears are broken but it wont turn. Does it make a sound like a motor trying to turn but can't? Any other sounds?

As for R/C shops helping for free, it isn't likely unless you purchase frequently from one.

newbitowner
2004.09.30, 10:51 PM
the little servo motor doesn't turn. :mad:

i had this OL for less than 3 weeks! :(

don't know how to solder little parts like a new servo motor. Anyone want to buy an OL with barely used xpseed motor(got it today) and bearings(waiting for shipment).

I'll probably let it go for around $100 shipped.

I won't sell it if someone will fix it for free for me. I'll pay for shipping both ways, and all parts to fix my first OL. :(

Twenty-Se7en
2004.09.30, 11:08 PM

don't know how to solder little parts like a new servo motor. Anyone want to buy an OL with barely used xpseed motor(got it today) and bearings(waiting for shipment).

I won't sell it if someone will fix it for free for me. I'll pay for shipping both ways, and all parts to fix my first OL. :(

Hmmm... What did you pay for it? If you are going to take a hit like dropping the price then it seems to make just as much sense to spend a few dollars to get someone to resolder a broken wire or whatever.

I doubt that it is a new motor you will need, probably just a broken wire like I said. I don't know if radioshack still does stuff like that, but they use to. Or any small electronics repair shops... don't know what they would charge you... you don't know anyone with some soldering experience.

If you are willing though, I will take a look at it.

mini-z
2004.10.01, 10:42 AM

Sounds like the wire may be disconnected? We offer a repair service for $24 - don't sell your OL after this little incident, you'll regret it and you won't get a good value on the resale. :(

Wells
2004.10.01, 02:11 PM
When i had a problem and could not fix it because i was not good at sodering. I took it to a computer repair store and they sodererd it for free. You should give it a try. It worked for me.

RCMotorsport
2004.10.01, 03:52 PM
If you need help and truely can't find any where you are at E-mail me and do not sell your Overland this is an easy fix.

RCMotorsport
Modifer Creater Designer

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.02, 11:09 AM
I agree with everyone,
it's an easy fix...
there are numberous people that would fix it for free here,
I will if you want,
email: twenty_se7en@hotm@il.com
just take out the second @ in hotmail... put that there for the search bots :p