PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Cup race Feedback!

solartech
2004.10.03, 09:12 PM
Post your feed back on each weeks race at CP mini-raceway.

arch2b
2004.10.03, 09:20 PM
what are the rules?

solartech
2004.10.03, 10:01 PM
no rules just set up tips ect, on the conversion cup cars

arch2b
2004.10.03, 10:06 PM
no motor/turbo restrictions?

PAULANGELO
2004.10.03, 10:13 PM
Oh there are rules to the cup. Like you have to run a x speed, no turbo of any kind, rubber tires, have to have a stock car theme (I cannot run my trooper car) specific batteries, ,mini Z ESC, and a few more but these are the major ones.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.03, 10:16 PM
Here is my feedback. You CANNOT get out of the B main if your car traction rolls!! Believe me I know. But after today, I think my problem has been fixed. Also, the Green CP batteries need to be cycled at least 10 times before they will hold enough charge for a heat. I also think today I have gotten them so I can use them. I'll let ya'll know after the race tomorrow night if I an right on these two things.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.04, 12:48 PM
oh, by the way, whats with the thumbs down??

mini-z racing
2004.10.05, 12:28 AM
oh, by the way, whats with the thumbs down??

lol, solortech, remeber i ask you that today? lol ;)

solartech
2004.10.05, 03:41 PM
Good job dave racing last night

disruptor10
2004.10.05, 04:31 PM
Thanks there Phil , it was the most fun I ever had racing a mini of any type. Cant wait until next monday. When are you going up to practice on the big track ? I plan on going saturday night.....see you soon.................Big D

PAULANGELO
2004.10.05, 09:50 PM
I am hopeing on the super speedway I stop the traction rolling. Good job to both of you. Phil, you are the points leader right now and there are 4 of us tied for 2nd. What a race format!! Tonight I took my diff apart and cleaned it, I also put the stock syspension plates back on and put a stiffer (actually 2) spring on the rear damper. After all this, I am hopeing that I have fixed the traction rolling. I cannot believe that I won the B main but I just cannot keep up with you Phil with the thought of a roll in the back of my mind. Once I fix that, I promise I will give you, Jamie and the current winner Dave a run for their money. Don't want to slight anyone. EVERYONE has a good chance on any given monday!!

PAULANGELO
2004.10.06, 09:25 AM
I am hopeing I can make it on Monday!!! I am looking forward to running on the big track. I think this will make a big difference. Too bad he has to do it on a holiday Monday :( . Lets all hope it rains on Monday!!

Phil, Got my Indi and started last night to condition my batteries. Tonight I will try to match some batteries with the voltage whil under load. So far I really like it. Also, don't forget my numbers. I can't wait to see Eric's face when I put this car on the track to race it! :p ;) Billy has threatend that I will be a target. If so, that will work in my favor. Everyone will be trying to hit me instead of getting around the track the fastest!!

solartech
2004.10.06, 02:51 PM
dave ,,mabe friday for the ss track i already changed my set up for it

solartech
2004.10.06, 02:59 PM
paul.. as far as the traction rolling i had that problem monday night too. I changed my set up. I went with harder fronts 35, softer ft springs.In the back i rebulit the shock. The rubber grommet inside the oil shock was binding up the shaft so o took it out. Now the rear suspntion works even better,real soft. That took care of the traction rolling. I can almost slide through turns i cant roll no matter what. I think the problem is that the oval track is geting grippyer :rolleyes: from all the use. I used the same set up for weeks then it just started to roll like yours.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.06, 03:04 PM
you went with a softer back?? hum,, I changed the spring (actually have 2 on it now) for the damper and put the stock (with the CP CUp kit) suspension plates. nice and firm!! Unfortunetly I won't be able to test it until I get there on Monday (keeping fingers crossed) If it dosn't do better, at least I can run with my backup and test it inbeween the heats. Everything is firm so I can see what happens. PS please don't forget me numbers.

Thanks

solartech
2004.10.06, 03:10 PM
lol, solortech, remeber i ask you that today? lol ;)
just to clear this up i put the thumbs up icon!!!

PAULANGELO
2004.10.06, 03:42 PM
just to clear this up i put the thumbs up icon!!!
looks like you have your controler reversed :p :p :D

disruptor10
2004.10.06, 06:42 PM
phil , not sure i can make it friday but i'll try...if not i'll go test on saturday to see if i need to make any changes.......go fast turn left everyone !

disruptor10
2004.10.06, 09:21 PM
phil , not sure i can make it friday but i'll try...if not i'll go test on saturday to see if i need to make any changes.......go fast turn left everyone ! i might not make it until sunday either ....

solartech
2004.10.07, 08:41 PM
unfortunatly i wont make it friday, but i should be there saturday and earl;y sunday

solartech
2004.10.08, 11:41 PM
did anyone try the super speedway track yet,,,is it done????I am going to check it out saturday.. Oh ya Paul i left your numbers with eric.

mini-z racing
2004.10.09, 12:51 AM
Yes, it is done and i have tried it and a ton of fun, see you saterday solortech,

PAULANGELO
2004.10.09, 07:18 AM
Oh yes it is done and I ran on it all day Friday!!! Phil, got the numbers and they look great. Thanks again. This track is a blast. I can even put in a OL pinion (10 tooth) or a 11 tooth (came from a micro RS4) and the speed is unbelievable!!! :eek: Now all I gotta do is talk Eric into lifting the pinion rule. NO MODS an you can run a OL pinion!!! Just ask Andrew. He was there and saw what a difference it made. :cool:

solartech
2004.10.09, 10:07 AM
WHAT KINDA LAP TIMES aer we lookingat

mini-z racing
2004.10.09, 11:01 AM
The lap counter wasnt set up yesterday but it looks like maybe 6 second, maybe faster. yes it did work, but since this track is new i would think to run a race or two and make sure every one wants to change too a larger pinon, and if every one does it kind of looks like the 10 tooth is as large as you want to go, well see ;)

disruptor10
2004.10.09, 09:05 PM
Well i practiced on it yesterday and track seemed kinda loose but fast as hell...the quad track will be awesome ,might be hard on the motors but we'll see......i hope eric has plenty of them hanging there...fast and big is where it's at and were all about to experiance the biggest small track there is...andrew i'll probably be at eric's at 1 pm tomorrow so i'll see ya then

mini-z racing
2004.10.10, 12:20 AM
I will be there as soon as i get up but ill see you than dave. ;)

Blackno3
2004.10.10, 03:02 PM
WHAT KINDA LAP TIMES aer we lookingat
Solartech, Andrew and I are running 4.6’s and 4.7’s but Dave’s best lap is a 4.44 he’s fast so you should show up early tomorrow.

Blackno3
2004.10.10, 03:23 PM
PAULANGELO arch2b has ruined your case for running 10 or 11t pinions on the cup cars.Click here for (I went and did it again). (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15398)

arch2b
2004.10.10, 03:40 PM
:( geez, now i feel bad

Blackno3
2004.10.10, 04:32 PM
Arch2b thanks for posting that, the last thing we need is to have some of are racers putting an 11t on and having the problems that you described and quit racing.
Paul I know that you’d just get a new car but not all of the racers can afford that.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.10, 04:36 PM
:( geez, now i feel bad
AND YOU SHOULD... Spoil sport!
:p :p

PAULANGELO
2004.10.10, 04:38 PM
Arch2b thanks for posting that, the last thing we need is to have some of are racers putting an 11t on and having the problems that you described and quit racing.
Paul I know that you’d just get a new car but not all of the racers can afford that.
New car?!? no way, then I think a FET Stack would be in order!! ;)

Blackno3
2004.10.10, 04:53 PM
Paul a CP cup car with a FET Stack! Go for it if we get 5 or 6 of them we can start a Supper MOD Class. Just let me get some catch fences on the tracks and NO Estes ROCKET MOTORS!!!!

PAULANGELO
2004.10.10, 04:59 PM
with how I was traction rolling the past 2 weeks, I think you can use the catch fences now! :rolleyes: Hopefully, Friday took care of my rolling problems. During the down time tomorrow, I'll take out my 10 tooth and show you how it runs. It dosn't look to put any more strain than the 9 tooth, But then again, runing on this track is going to go through ALOT of motors.

arch2b
2004.10.10, 05:08 PM
i have a 2x2 fet on my cup car ;)

disruptor10
2004.10.10, 05:18 PM
Yup 550 laps of practice today and i'm dialed .......cant wait until monday nights event !

solartech
2004.10.10, 10:30 PM
the new track seems a little slippey to me.I tryed many differnt set ups on saturday. I ended up with the same set up as the short track except with a nine tooth pinion gear. Now as far as useing a larger pinion i think 9 th is big enough with seven cars on the track at full speed its going to be hard enough to get around. If you thought there was a lot of wrecks befor wait till monday!Cars should be flying of the track.

disruptor10
2004.10.11, 03:38 PM
nine is big enough and fast enough 4 sure...what needs to be done is a pep talk so the slower cars will move over in qualifying, and then there will be cleaner heat races and kepp all the smilin faces racin ............this class is sweet and we need to keep it movin forward .........just my .02 cents

disruptor10
2004.10.11, 10:26 PM
Well after another frustrating night for me ,Congrats to Andrew on the win...good job.......as far as the driving i still say the drivers should be rated by skill levels so the heats will be better or we should have qualifying and set the heats up by times then go to 2 heats and a main..........but whatever it's just my .02 cents and i know you cant please everyone especially myself and phil i still owe ya ! LOL
I'm not sure im gonna race that track again until he gets a catch fence up,oh well practice right !see ya all soon ............and remember "move over for the faster cars" because your only hurtin yourself..............

solartech
2004.10.12, 12:03 AM
Andrew good job as usual. Dave u owe me 1 more then we will be even :) .My fault in the third heat......We do need a novice class and a sportsmen class or what ever. Alot of needless crashes!!!

PAULANGELO
2004.10.12, 03:40 AM
looked to me the B main ran cleaner than the A this week. Until the end when Jay got taken out. So what I'm hearing is that only certin people should race against each other?? If thats the case, count me out. you have good and bad drivers. Andrew did a great job avoiding the "other" drivers. everyone out on the track have the same obsticles to overcome. If I'm a lap (or 2) down, I do not think I should give up and not try to follow my line and go as fast as I can. with a crash in front of me, and I get cleanly through it, I can be right back in the race. If I'm having problems with my car, then I know I cannot compete and give way. alot of drivers complained about glitching... as we go, the racing should get cleaner, with more experience in racing the "other" racers can get better. If you break it down to "skill" level, then you will be getting abck into the same situation the Eric had with the road course raceing. The same people running against each other and that is boring. This was said to be a bump and run... I know I'm not the best driver and my car has problems with traction rolling (though tonight I did alot better with the rolling) I am out there for the fun and the joking along with the racing. If it turns out to be only the racing and everyone is too serious, that takes the fun out of it an I will take me out of it.

disruptor10
2004.10.12, 05:54 AM
The point i'm trying to put across is that people need to learn to "LET OFF THE THROTTLE " it works more than one way...........and the race director needs to be constantly drilling it in peoples heads.................Nuff said...have a wonderful week everyone...........
phil when are you going up again this week ? I'm gonna go play on thursday....see ya around.................dave

solartech
2004.10.13, 08:54 AM
The point i'm trying to put across is that people need to learn to "LET OFF THE THROTTLE " it works more than one way...........and the race director needs to be constantly drilling it in peoples heads.................Nuff said...have a wonderful week everyone...........
phil when are you going up again this week ? I'm gonna go play on thursday....see ya around.................dave
Thursday sounds good. as far as differnt classes go that may not be nessesary but it is frustrating if you are leading and you get taken out by an out of control car. If you are down by one lap its hard to catch up!! :)
Anyways racing must be good each week we have had a new winner.That means everyone has a chance! cant wait to try out the new lap counter!!!

disruptor10
2004.10.13, 10:07 AM
i'll be there around 7pm we'll see ya then

solartech
2004.10.13, 10:33 PM
i'll be there around 7pm we'll see ya then
i will be there i have a :p new set up

disruptor10
2004.10.14, 12:24 PM
Phil has a new setup huh .....what you added another cell LOL see Ya lata

PAULANGELO
2004.10.14, 12:47 PM
i will be there i have a :p new set up
I can't wait, I can take a few guesses though. A large bumper (like a cow catcher) in the front? or automatic air bags for the moving speed bumps on the track?? :p

solartech
2004.10.14, 02:32 PM
I added a custom zapped motor and voltage incressed cells. :) Just kidding i just changed some spring setting on the car.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.14, 03:17 PM
HEY ERIC... Tech him Tech him!! or better yet, LET ME! :p

solartech
2004.10.15, 11:16 PM
I know some of the guys last week had some glitching on the large tri oval.Even guys with the M8 radios too. When i was practicing Thursday it seemed like I gliched in the same spot every other lap.I know that we run our antennas inside the bodies.I mounted a regular vertical antena through the roof.This took care of the problem( as it should).I checked with Rose and she said Eric said it was legal.It works just so all of you know why my car looks differernt :)

mini-z racing
2004.10.15, 11:46 PM
Hmm, good idea, i guess ill do that too because i am still haveing some glitching. ;)

biged358
2004.10.17, 05:16 PM
I have a blast racing every monday night! I learn so much from you guys.

Just one question, I picked up the Piranha charger and was wondering what settings are being used. This type of "custom" charging is all new to me and I need a hand.

See everyone tomorrow night! Thanks. Ed :D

PAULANGELO
2004.10.17, 07:02 PM
HI Ed, welcome to the online hang out! I am charging my batteries with the following

2.0 Amps
3200 and 8. I'm charging right now for tomorrow night as I type this. I also have the ****** discharging tray.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.17, 07:05 PM
Hmm, good idea, i guess ill do that too because i am still haveing some glitching. ;)
yea, I polked a hole in the back window for my antenna too!

biged358
2004.10.17, 07:29 PM
yea, I polked a hole in the back window for my antenna too!

I did that originally but ran it along the chassis. Darn, peer pressure! :)

Thanks for the welcome Paul! I'm charging as we speak. I'll give your settings a shot. See you tomorrow night.

Ed

PAULANGELO
2004.10.17, 07:40 PM
Ed, what batteries do you have? The GP800's or the CP green ones?

biged358
2004.10.17, 07:42 PM
Ed, what batteries do you have? The GP800's or the CP green ones?

I have both.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.17, 07:44 PM
cool, have to compare notes tomorrow on how much the green ones take. I cannot get over 460 into them. my Gp's though get 659.

biged358
2004.10.17, 07:45 PM
cool, have to compare notes tomorrow on how much the green ones take. I cannot get over 460 into them. my Gp's though get 659.

The only difference is I don't have the discharging tray yet. Waiting for Eric to get them in. These batteries need some conditioning for sure.

arch2b
2004.10.17, 08:52 PM
i haven't searched yet but has anyone experienced posted directions on how to properly condition and maintain optimum performance with nimh cells? wink, wink

PAULANGELO
2004.10.17, 08:57 PM
A2B, That is exactly what we are looking to find out. alot of expieramenting going on but not final data yet. Anyone out there have anything to add, please feel free!!

arch2b
2004.10.17, 09:03 PM
thanks. i look forward to what you guys come up with. i am interested in trying to get the most i can out of the 11 sets of cells that i have.

solartech
2004.10.17, 10:47 PM
i haven't searched yet but has anyone experienced posted directions on how to properly condition and maintain optimum performance with nimh cells? wink, wink
Ahhh finnaly some one interested! This is my favorite topic. I have sudied this topic for the past few months. I have also talk with some guys who have raced 10scale stock class w/ni-mh batterys.(batterys are very important in stock class). Well when I started racing mini-z cars about a year ago I purchased a few sets of GP800 AAAs and a set of Kyosho 800 AAAs. I used an inexspensive 1 hour charger.
I did nothing but use them and recharge them very often ,no discharging or cycling.Those cells wore out over the winter season, they are usless for racing now. For the summer season of racing Mr-02 I bought new batterys and a ****** discharger and a digital peak charger. I ran 3 sets and used the new equpment to charge and discharge the batterys. I would charge them at 1-1.6 amps and uses them only 2 times a week. I found that the second uses in a 24 hour period would yeild higher performance. The night befor race night i would discharge the cell s individualy then i would charge them shortly after.Then charge them again befor the heat race or main.This is works very well. The batterys from the summer season are still in raceable condition.I came in first in the points race for mr-02 modified.It was closes the summer season was decided on the last lap for the final race.
Anyways i know this charging method works I have used for about 5months. My CP cup car is very fast and consistant.try it out give your feed back!!

disruptor10
2004.10.18, 06:45 AM
Ah yes another race night is upon us , who will be the lucky winner ? Will it be bobby H on his first night back from a long break or can andrew repeat ? or might it be phil or dave on the comeback trail ? We will see what the dilly really is in 12 hrs................................the saga continues

PAULANGELO
2004.10.18, 08:52 AM
hold on there Dave.... You have left off a whole bunch of people that could have a chance. Gerd or Jamie are always right up there when racing.. Andy could supprise and what about yours truly?? You already had your win this weekend, you think you can go back to back at different tracks and scales? And Big Ed has started massaging his batteries. looks to be serious about competeing. I think I fixed my traction rolling problems so I will be going all out. in the end, the winner is goign to be the one that avoids the most moving speed bumps during the Mains. It looks to be a very fun evening! the field is continuing to grow!! Now if we could get Billy back.

disruptor10
2004.10.18, 01:49 PM
I was only speaking in general terms paul ....relax deep breathe ...LOL Yeah I freakin miss Billy too.......hope he comes back soon ......HEY ERIC CALL BILLY AND TELL HIM WE MISS HIM !also HEY ERIC DON'T FORGET TO TECH THE CARS TONIGHT !!!!!! and now if we could get Rusty and Hung racin we would have a serious field,love the fact that it's gettin bigger by the week....see ya soon !

arch2b
2004.10.18, 01:55 PM
...in the end, the winner is goign to be the one that avoids the most moving speed bumps during the Mains....
i saw the video's... it only takes one slow car to take out most of the field :o i sw one or two that looked to be playing p****** more than racing but hey, i don't think i would do much better :p

solartech
2004.10.18, 11:18 PM
guess what i didnt use any special charge rates or equipment just the cheap gp charger that i had and i still did well :rolleyes: Paul where were u tonight??Racing eas fast and clean tonight.But its back to the short track next week. The tri ovals is fun but the short track is the best.

disruptor10
2004.10.19, 06:08 AM
good job Phil and now i know i will not race when i have to work a ten hour day because i suk ! too tired should have stayed home ....see ya next week and i agree the oval rulz period....and i know ERIC you can't please everyone and you are definitely never gonna keep me happy ...LOL see you on thursday or friday for some hot laps and oh yeah Andrew mr spend your life at the mini z track thanks for takin me out in the 3rd round I owe you one ,learn how to pass clean will ya.......

PAULANGELO
2004.10.19, 06:27 AM
sorry to have missed racing last night. family emergeny. good news is that everything turned out all right. short track huh? Looks like I have to put the 8 tooth back in. thats cool. Sounds like you won Phil. congratulations. and Andrew took out Dave? LMAO...... Guess I am going to have to catch up on the dirt about the CP soap opera! :p

biged358
2004.10.19, 10:11 AM
Glad everything worked out Paul! There was good racing all around last night. As usual, I had a blast last night even though my damn antenna lead broke during a heat race that I was leading. :rolleyes: A bad day at the track is a better than a good day at work. I'll be at the track Friday or Saturday. See you guys then.

** BTW, I'm looking for a spare F1 car (not the radio) to use for CP Cup Racing. If you know anyone looking to sell a used one, let me know. Thanks!

disruptor10
2004.10.19, 06:27 PM
yeah Ed you are so right ...work SUKS

PAULANGELO
2004.10.19, 07:25 PM
yeah Ed you are so right ...work SUKS
it may... but without it I couldn't afford my hobby!! what really sux is that I missed last night!! :(

evoboy07
2004.10.20, 08:16 PM
Hey, you guys! Sorry this is off topic, but I haven't posted for a LONG time. It's me, Kevin. I won't be around until winter points, but I might be in to practice. :D

Blackno3
2004.10.20, 08:29 PM
Hey, you guys! Sorry this is off topic, but I haven't posted for a LONG time. It's me, Kevin. I won't be around until winter points, but I might be in to practice. :D

Kevin did you get in trouble again? Is why you’re not racing?

solartech
2004.10.20, 11:13 PM
I think we need a drivers meeting

solartech
2004.10.26, 09:36 PM
good job Dave.......or Gerd or who ever counted as first place ...or whoever one!. I had fun but I can't wait for the new lap counter. When is it coming ????? WE NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Core analog ,,are u reading ??We are paitently waiting at CP Mini RC speed way.

mini-z racing
2004.10.27, 11:08 AM
Solortech, When are you going there to practice? I will only be there for a lil bit i think this week because im getting my permit.and good job dave and Gerd. ;)

disruptor10
2004.10.27, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys ,awesome night.....Man do we need that core system or what ! Hopefully soon...........

solartech
2004.10.29, 09:43 PM
:) :) I think eric awarded you your deserved points.You won and TQed.

disruptor10
2004.11.09, 09:37 AM
Going to the highest bidder.......tired of all the crap ...........leave me a contact e mail address or phone number and i'll get in touch with you....lookin for $250 for everything...................Dave

arch2b
2004.11.09, 10:10 AM
wow, how did such a good thing go bad :confused:

disruptor10
2004.11.09, 10:24 AM
mind your own buisness will ya ......it did'nt go bad for anyone but me so BUTT OUT !

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.09, 10:28 AM
Sounds like somebody has got diaper rash. Isn't this supposed to be fun? If you are going to flame people for responding then don't post on a public forum! Sorry it sucks for you but dont encroach on everyone elses fun.

Anyway, my reason for posting is what is everyting? I'd like one of those CP cars.

wcrotty
2004.11.09, 10:30 AM
look at your sig distruptor10.....maybe you should follow it.

arch is a good guy and was just wondering what went wrong.

disruptor10
2004.11.09, 11:27 AM
If i wanted you all to know what went wrong i would have told you .

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.09, 11:38 AM
You should eat some cheese with that whine...

arch2b
2004.11.09, 11:42 AM
fair enough. i've been called much worse than crap head :p although i don't think it was warranted :confused:

could you also post your sale in the misc. section, hate to get picky but that's the place for it and your likely to get more of a general audience for it as well.

oh, blk's finished cup car went for what, almost $170 on ebay awhile back... that's always another option

disruptor10
2004.11.09, 12:29 PM
You Can All Kma And Have A Great Day !!!!

biged358
2004.11.09, 05:25 PM
Going to the highest bidder.......tired of all the crap ...........leave me a contact e mail address or phone number and i'll get in touch with you....lookin for $250 for everything...................Dave

Hi Dave,
I respect your decision and I for one will miss racing along side you. Just by watching you race and following your line, I was able to learn so much. For that I'm thankful! I hope you would reconsider but as I stated above, I respect your decision.

When you have a chance contact me at biged358@nycap.rr.com to discuss the package you're offering.

Thanks! Ed

disruptor10
2004.11.09, 06:39 PM
Eric i'm not pissed off just frustrated,the bottom line is I cant do it twice a week

Ed i will e mail you a little later
Dave

P.S. Sorry if i ruffled some feathers,did'nt mean too just venting.......

PAULANGELO
2004.11.09, 07:17 PM
GEE Dave, I really didn't mean to hit you that last lap! my car glitched... really!

Blackno3
2004.11.09, 08:12 PM
Disruptor10 it helps if you don’t listen to Dennis Leary’s A$$hole song on the way in to work in the morning, that song can set a mood that lasts all day long.

Any way we need a race director for Monday’s. Its getting tough for me and Rose to both work Monday’s, One of us has to work open to close and the Mall holiday hours are coming soon.

solartech
2004.11.09, 10:55 PM
Wow.... sad to hear this. Well it was fun racing with you.

Mondo
2004.11.10, 08:13 AM
mind your own buisness will ya ......it did'nt go bad for anyone but me so BUTT OUT !

This type of language and attitude is totaly uncalled for.
Arch2b is a respected Member and a fantastic Mod on these Forums, the least you can do is apologise to Arch2b for this unprovoked reaction.

solartech
2004.11.10, 11:49 PM
Well to change the mood of this thread :( . My experience with racing is that the more competetive (better in my opinion) the more some peaple can get frustrated with the hobbie. We must remember that it is supposed to be fun. Its hard to keep every one happy.
Anyway any word on the new lapcounter for the CP Raceway? I was scanning the forums and saw that a few peaple have recived software for the Core system. I am eager to try it out at the track. If it works I am sure it would make a lot of racers happy. :) :)

disruptor10
2004.11.11, 03:20 PM
Hey Eric thanks for the race director offer but i'm no longer intrested in doin it at ALL !!!

Arch2B sorry i acted so rude !

Have fun ya all !

arch2b
2004.11.11, 03:29 PM
Hey Eric thanks for the race director offer but i'm no longer intrested in doin it at ALL !!!

Arch2B sorry i acted so rude !

Have fun ya all !
np :) :cool:

solartech
2004.11.23, 12:16 AM
Hey guys where have u been? Good job to Bobby for the a-main winn.

PAULANGELO
2004.11.23, 06:34 AM
that was fun, a little frustrating at times (mostly my doing playing with the radio) but my car handled the best is has been. looking forward to the truck races also. who is going to be in that anyway? I know big Ed has one and Phil so do you, and I but who else? the cup series ends in 2 weeks so I would like to see the truck start in 3.

mini-z racing
2004.11.23, 10:51 AM
that was fun, a little frustrating at times (mostly my doing playing with the radio) but my car handled the best is has been. looking forward to the truck races also. who is going to be in that anyway? I know big Ed has one and Phil so do you, and I but who else? the cup series ends in 2 weeks so I would like to see the truck start in 3.

i might do truck not sure, well see who races, i have lots of stock motors so i know ill find one good one, If i do race the trucks i will also do the mod some times.

solartech
2004.11.23, 11:14 PM
I might race ,,but stock class is kinda slow ya know. I was kinda hoping for a super mod class or some thing. Mabey run any motor with our choice of batterys.Or differnt rules, other than a differnt body and stock motor. But hey thats just my opinion! I think it will be good for the new guys fot sure. A fast car in the mod class can be frustrating to set up some times. :)

solartech
2004.12.06, 11:30 PM
well i had fun tonight! Sorry Paul!! I dropped the hammer :)

PAULANGELO
2004.12.07, 11:32 AM
well i had fun tonight! Sorry Paul!! I dropped the hammer :)
Congratulations Phil, point whiner! (oops I mean winner :p ). Thats OK,, I do not get too mad. but I do get even! Truck series is coming!

drmrby88
2004.12.07, 01:03 PM
I think we really need that new lap counting system...... i think i miss counted and was deducted a lap as soon as i started each race.... o well i still had fun :)

PAULANGELO
2004.12.07, 02:24 PM
Andy, hopefully for the truck series the core system will be in.

solartech
2004.12.07, 11:43 PM
hey hopefully we car race road course soon so i can use my new Mclaren body.Hint Hint(Eric). I bet road course would be cool W/ the Cp cars

solartech
2004.12.08, 10:11 PM
What is the schedual for the winter racing season?

mini-z racing
2004.12.08, 11:26 PM
I think it would be after the holidays,

PAULANGELO
2004.12.09, 07:28 AM
Monday night I talked with Rose adn Eric and they said that the Thursday after New Years will be the start.

Blackno3
2004.12.09, 04:25 PM
hey hopefully we car race road course soon so i can use my new Mclaren body.Hint Hint(Eric). I bet road course would be cool W/ the Cp cars
I am finishing the road course tonight and I got most of it done tuesday.

PAULANGELO
2004.12.09, 08:41 PM
I am finishing the road course tonight and I got most of it done tuesday.
Eric, any thought of putting padding on the rails?? I would hate to have my Mclaren get scratched! :eek: :D

solartech
2004.12.23, 11:03 PM
Hey Eric when will the winter racing season start? What days for stock and Modified?? Also when are the transponders comming in for the core system?? :)

mini-z racing
2004.12.26, 04:13 PM
Well, i was hopeing to go tomarrow to race, but going to racing city to practice with my new pan car, see you some time this week, when i can. ;)

solartech
2005.01.15, 09:56 PM
whose comming to race Monday??

PAULANGELO
2005.01.15, 11:04 PM
I will be there

PoorZDriver
2005.01.16, 03:16 AM

I will be there for MR-02 practice during the day, may marshall again... anyone got 02 rm bodies in poor condition they will sell me for practise bodies? i dont really care what they are, as long as they are low and wide... some 01 bodies will do too

biged358
2005.01.16, 07:59 AM

I plan on being there, though I might be a little late. It's my first day back to work after a week off. :(

PS. Even though only three of us showed up for Thursday's Truck Race we had a blast. The trucks handled great and there was a lot of close racing. Maybe we can race the CP Cup Cars and Trucks on Monday night? Just a thought.

solartech
2005.01.16, 10:28 AM
Maybe we car run our truck bodys in the mod class along with the cup cars.???

biged358
2005.01.16, 10:52 AM

That's what Eric suggested as well. I'm sure he'll talk about it tomorrow night.

Anyone else interested in running the Truck Stock motor class?

See you tomorrow night Phil.

PoorZDriver
2005.01.16, 11:50 AM

I believe the rule now, due to the small truck turnout, is that it is a body free for all for monday nights, just double check with eric.

solartech
2005.01.16, 04:46 PM
well I talked to Rose today at the track and it sounds like there may be 2 seperate classes. Stock truck and mod cup cars. Who wants to run a stock motor anyways! I just wished there was a super mod class with turbos and fets alowwed :)

solartech
2005.01.17, 11:46 PM
I will be there
What happened ? It just isnt the same with out you! :p

solartech
2005.01.17, 11:50 PM
Well good job to Rob tonight. my car is out of commision for now I think I will concentrate on my Mr -02. I think its the chassie or the servo messed up. And my car wasent counting too.Frustrating :(

PAULANGELO
2005.01.18, 11:10 AM
Well good job to Rob tonight. my car is out of commision for now I think I will concentrate on my Mr -02. I think its the chassie or the servo messed up. And my car wasent counting too.Frustrating :(
Were you using the CORE??? this isn't good to hear if you were. I had every intention of making it but family came first.

bennyfizzle
2005.01.18, 11:35 AM
....I think I will concentrate on my Mr -02.....

dammit..... :( -im gonna get smoked

solartech
2005.01.18, 02:38 PM
Were you using the CORE??? this isn't good to hear if you were. I had every intention of making it but family came first.
Yes unfortuately. Yes it did miscount. It didnt matter though because twards the end of the main I somehow broke the f-1 part of the chassie where the servo is encased. So I didnt finish anyways! I think I just had a bad transponder , but another person missed too.

solartech
2005.01.25, 12:27 PM
How was racing I wasent able to make it,,,who one???/

PAULANGELO
2005.01.26, 08:51 PM
How was racing I wasent able to make it,,,who one???/
you didn't miss anything. the core software has a software glitch... the short track was not a good fit. we were missing laps all the time. Eric was getting the fix on tuesday. (yesterday) we got our entry fees back and just practiced

PoorZDriver
2005.01.27, 11:10 AM
you didn't miss anything. the core software has a software glitch... the short track was not a good fit. we were missing laps all the time. Eric was getting the fix on tuesday. (yesterday) we got our entry fees back and just practiced

it is this racers personal belief that a bridge is needed for the antenna, so the signal doesnt need to go through the chassis to get to the transponder. we shouldnt have to de-tune cars to count laps. It is just time to try a bridge. if this antenna and software was meant to work without one, then there is a serious problem with it. hell we could at least try it and see if it counts better. even a rig to "hang" the antenna made from copper hobby tubing (thinner than wood, less obstruction of view) I am sure Mr angelo or someone that can solder copper could pull off someway to hang the wire over the track.

I actually think this theory could be tested by taping a transponder to the bottom of a heavily metal cal, (like phils) and seeing if it still skips laps, or even doing it to a few on a non race night to see if the changeing order in the software makes skips as well

wcrotty
2005.01.27, 11:20 AM
I don't think it's the metal on the car. My dads car has aluminum rear pod, aluminum battery clips, aluminum tie rod holder and aluminum front clip on his enzo. We have not missed a lap on his car with the core system.

solartech
2005.01.27, 04:32 PM
It still miss counts on the big track. My car didnt count well at all with or without aluminum parts ,actualy I took every thing off it and tryed a differnt body too ,,still no luck. The only person who counted correctly was Andrew. Its frustrating racing with a lap counter that is innacurate. In my opinion I wish we could use the Kopropo instead. Sure that system has its problems but I never had a issue with missing laps. Also the core system won't work with aluminum parts , should we be limited to a stock chassie just to race?

solartech
2005.01.27, 04:38 PM
I don't think it's the metal on the car. My dads car has aluminum rear pod, aluminum battery clips, aluminum tie rod holder and aluminum front clip on his enzo. We have not missed a lap on his car with the core system.
I tried my Enzo with the aluminum front clip and it would not count at all. With the plastic it will pick up ,,,but not every lap. Yes I have tried 2 or 3 transponders too. Its not just my car alot of others are having trouble too.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.27, 04:56 PM
sounds like the core system has got a bunch of problems. I know the DC crew is having luck with it. Anyone know if the more cars it has the tougher time it has?

I may be wrong but the AMB system still seems to be the best...though too expensice for home use...

arch2b
2005.01.27, 05:09 PM
i've participated in 2 events using the abm-it system and both were fraut with problems. in both we had to re-run atleast 3 heats

solartech
2005.01.27, 10:33 PM
i've participated in 2 events using the abm-it system and both were fraut with problems. in both we had to re-run atleast 3 heats
which system do you mean ? The koprop system ?

arch2b
2005.01.27, 10:45 PM
sorry, misspelled... amb-it

mini-z racing
2005.03.07, 10:23 PM
Tonights main was fun, for me at least, i caught up to Phil who was in first place and we were very close for about 15 laps than phil and one other racers got into a crash, so i felt bad because i was haveing alot of fun running very close and was hopeing for a good finsh, So i let off and pulled over so phil could catch up, i did not think he was going to win but he did, I think a few thought i was sandbaging,Because he is my boss, I just wanted to have fun running close,It gets boring if you pass some one because of a crash that wasnt there fault,, I know thats racing but, this wasnt a big race or anything, i was just racing for fun ,

wcrotty
2005.03.07, 10:35 PM
amen mini-z racing. It's all about having fun and learning. Racing close is the best way to learn how to concentrate on your car another car and the track all at the same time. Racing at the local level is all about learning and getting better. You are a good kid and don't worry about what others think. Just race and have fun and at the end of the night that is more important then winning.

biged358
2005.03.08, 05:00 PM
Andrew,

It was a blast racing with you last night. You're a class racer and I know you would never sandbag. Don't take what was said last night personal, they were just joking around.

On another topic, Mini T's. What class are you running in this summer? I'm going to Competition Hobby this weekend to take a look at the Mini T's and need some suggestions. Any information you can provide, Kit or Class wise would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward racing on the dirt!! :)

Take care!

Tonights main was fun, for me at least, i caught up to Phil who was in first place and we were very close for about 15 laps than phil and one other racers got into a crash, so i felt bad because i was haveing alot of fun running very close and was hopeing for a good finsh, So i let off and pulled over so phil could catch up, i did not think he was going to win but he did, I think a few thought i was sandbaging,Because he is my boss, I just wanted to have fun running close,It gets boring if you pass some one because of a crash that wasnt there fault,, I know thats racing but, this wasnt a big race or anything, i was just racing for fun ,

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.08, 05:03 PM
sandbagging...maybe you're jsut better than you really are :p

mini-z racing
2005.03.08, 06:51 PM
I don't think i heard what anyone said really last night, since it ended late once it was over i was out.

For mini-t, I would talk to them when you go there, and see if they will let you run any 18th scale, if not than the mini-T RTR is good to get unless you want to spend alittle more money, the mini-t pro comes with a few upgrades but no electronics, i have a mini-t RTR with, oilshock,battery pack, ( get the 6 cell pack, they sell there i think it is made by SMC and its only like 25 bucks, it is matched i think too), for a motor i would wait untill the racing starts because there might be something new out,bearing you want, thats i tihnk all i hvave on mine, plus you will want at least the rear on-road tire for that, because since its on dirt oval they want on-road tires or foams ,no spikes, The rules from what i heard at anything, it is a unlimeted class , so you can go brushless with lithium batterys like Phil will probally do.mini-t $149,bearings about $15,battery,
$25,shocks $30, they are alloy and you will need to get a bottle of shock oil, for motor if you do get one the baja is nice, but i know this season there will be a couple brushless out there.i think for oval i would use,in the front 37 and a half, and rear 40 weight, but if you get 40 it is fine for the whole truck, maybe next monday phil could bring his in since he has almost all the upgrades on it, The body phil got is good to have to because it will keep it more stable.

I may race my mini-t a few times but i will be doing 10th scale off-road truck, Ill be trying out some team tuned motors from a couple people, so i excited to run that It is all ready to race i have never driven this trucl i bought but think i hvae a nice setup for it.,Also if they want i may race off-road truck modifed motors, we will get some speed than. i just need to get some new packs and decide what company to get from, TQ cells,a friend races for that company and has been doing very well with them.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.08, 09:23 PM
Id get the team associated now that they are all out...I have the MiniT and the difference isnt great enough for me to upgrade to the TA but the TA comes with a pack, bearings and oil shocks.

biged358
2005.03.08, 09:48 PM
WOW, thanks for the indepth information! It will definately help me make the right desicion. I'll most likely go with the Pro kit as it has the parts I would normally purchase anyway.

Again, thanks for the info. If I pick one up on Saturday, I'll bring it with me Monday night.

P.S. Phil, if you could bring your mini T, I'd really like to check it out.

Ed

I don't think i heard what anyone said really last night, since it ended late once it was over i was out.

For mini-t, I would talk to them when you go there, and see if they will let you run any 18th scale, if not than the mini-T RTR is good to get unless you want to spend alittle more money, the mini-t pro comes with a few upgrades but no electronics, i have a mini-t RTR with, oilshock,battery pack, ( get the 6 cell pack, they sell there i think it is made by SMC and its only like 25 bucks, it is matched i think too), for a motor i would wait untill the racing starts because there might be something new out,bearing you want, thats i tihnk all i hvave on mine, plus you will want at least the rear on-road tire for that, because since its on dirt oval they want on-road tires or foams ,no spikes, The rules from what i heard at anything, it is a unlimeted class , so you can go brushless with lithium batterys like Phil will probally do.mini-t $149,bearings about $15,battery,
$25,shocks $30, they are alloy and you will need to get a bottle of shock oil, for motor if you do get one the baja is nice, but i know this season there will be a couple brushless out there.i think for oval i would use,in the front 37 and a half, and rear 40 weight, but if you get 40 it is fine for the whole truck, maybe next monday phil could bring his in since he has almost all the upgrades on it, The body phil got is good to have to because it will keep it more stable.

I may race my mini-t a few times but i will be doing 10th scale off-road truck, Ill be trying out some team tuned motors from a couple people, so i excited to run that It is all ready to race i have never driven this trucl i bought but think i hvae a nice setup for it.,Also if they want i may race off-road truck modifed motors, we will get some speed than. i just need to get some new packs and decide what company to get from, TQ cells,a friend races for that company and has been doing very well with them.

mini-z racing
2005.03.08, 11:14 PM
I ill bring mine and if he brings his you will see he did spend more money on it, if you get the pro kit its the same price as the RTR but you will need a reciver,servo and ESC, phil just bought a nice servo i think maybe airtronic and for ESC there is a new novak spy comeing out, for a reciver you may be able to get a AM reciver and use your M8 with it. one other thing a bumper is good to get.

solartech
2005.03.08, 11:55 PM
I will bring it. They said to me on the phone any thing goes for motor and batterys and they would split up the truck with stock amd mod. I am unsure about 4wd trucks as last year every one had mini-ts. I would call up competition hobbys and check about the legality of 4wd. A mini-t class is a sure thing for oval racing. I dont know a bout any other 18th classes.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.08, 11:59 PM
mice oval t (is that an ovaltine :p )..I saw a body like that an alost got it (think it was parma...or proline....). I dont love minit racing b/c it becomes a who has the fastest brushless test....I liked it stock but oval would be awesome.

We only run oval the week before the track changes...the pipes get ripped up and the track is levelled and an oval is laid down...the track is redesigned sat and sunday...and during the oval night the shop sells out of all teh spare parts

solartech
2005.03.09, 12:01 AM
Id get the team associated now that they are all out...I have the MiniT and the difference isnt great enough for me to upgrade to the TA but the TA comes with a pack, bearings and oil shocks.
The TA looks like the best buy. The radio package is good as is the servo and esc. It has separte electonic components unlike the T and spider. And it has a good 6 cell pack. Ed you could use your M8 w/mini-z module too for the controler as the TA is on 27mhz. Some peaple have had trouble using a aftermarket radio with stock mini-t electronics.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.09, 12:04 AM
The TA looks like the best buy. The radio package is good as is the servo and esc. It has separte electonic components unlike the T and spider. And it has a good 6 cell pack. Ed you could use your M8 w/mini-z module too for the controler as the TA is on 27mhz. Some peaple have had trouble using a aftermarket radio with stock mini-t electronics.
agreed...my point in detail

biged358
2005.03.09, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Now I'm not sure what kit to get. :confused: I'll run down and take a look at the kits they have and what classes will race.

Thanks again!

biged358
2005.03.10, 08:35 PM
Phil and Andrew - I went to Competition tonight to check out the Mini T kits. The sale rep advised that the Pro Kit will handle more powerful motors. Apparently, the RTR kit can't handle those motors. I'm leaning towards the Pro kit so I can use my M8 radio. Oh well, none of my hobbies have been cheap. :)

Any suggestions on good electrionics?

Thanks again for all the information and insight you both provided. Take care and looking forward to checking out your cars Monday night.

Ed

mini-z racing
2005.03.10, 09:44 PM
Well the reason the pro kit can handle better motors is because it doesnt come with a ESC you will have to get one, Who was working there do you know his name? because the kit and the RTR with the right ESC can handle the same motor. the novak ESC is good , you may want to get a brushless motor. Monday well tell you everything you need to know, well sit right next too you ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.11, 01:21 PM
tekin has a new micro esc and brushless coming out....also if you have the Z module for your M8 you can use it with the RTR.

mini-z racing
2005.03.11, 06:30 PM
tekin has a new micro esc and brushless coming out....also if you have the Z module for your M8 you can use it with the RTR.

I have the RTR mini-t with stock electronics now, and a M8 with the mini-z module, i have tried to get it to work and if i turn the wheel too much one way the servo will stay that way, but with the stock radio it doesnt, do you know how to get it woring?

solartech
2005.03.11, 06:47 PM
Phil and Andrew - I went to Competition tonight to check out the Mini T kits. The sale rep advised that the Pro Kit will handle more powerful motors. Apparently, the RTR kit can't handle those motors. I'm leaning towards the Pro kit so I can use my M8 radio. Oh well, none of my hobbies have been cheap. :)

Any suggestions on good electrionics?

Thanks again for all the information and insight you both provided. Take care and looking forward to checking out your cars Monday night.

Ed
I ran the stock rtr esc with a orion motor with no problem. There are some motors which are too hot for the stock esc. If you get the pro it will come with things you will need like oil shocks. I spent double on hop ups and replaced the electronics,so the pro would be a better choise.

mini-z racing
2005.03.12, 10:28 PM
some trinity motors need a diffrent ESC but i saw at racing city that this kid was useing a upgraded motor with out a diffrent ESC and it said on the package must use aftermarket ESC, his car was fast and didn't burn anything up the 5 times he ran .but the Baja is still faster.

biged358
2005.03.12, 10:43 PM
Hey Phil and Andrew - I picked up the Mini T Pro kit today from Competition. Also picked up SPY ESC, Foam racing tires, SMC battery pack and Airtronics Mini Sevo. I held off on the Receiver though. I compaired the Novak FM Synth M8 Mod and Receiver to the Spektrum DSM setup. For the versatilty and price, it looks like the Spektrum is the best bet. Also looks like every place on the net is out of stock of Spektrum until March 22. Then again, you can over pay for one on ebay. :)

Looking forward to checking out your Mini T's on Monday.

P.S. Couldn't wait to mess with the kit so I painted and decaled the body already. :D

Ed

mini-z racing
2005.03.13, 12:32 AM
:) cool, bring it monday, The specktrum is neat let me check but i think i saw the specktrum in stock at a shop online today,but there has been a few problams with them, some people that got it have been haveing glitching problams so i would not buy one used yet, i know a few guys that bought it for the snowbirds and had some problams so they are selling them online but not saying it glitches.

biged358
2005.03.18, 06:37 PM
Ok, I pre-ordered the Spektrum system via the net a couple days ago. It sounds like the systems are to be in stock on March 22nd. The price is right at $139.00. I'll keep you posted. I hope it comes fairly quickly and this doesn't drag on. Oh well, I'm committed now. :)

mini-z racing
2005.03.18, 10:11 PM
Thats not a bad price, this summer ill end up getting one and ill sell my futaba radio, If they did not come out with the specktrum i would have sold my M8, I almost did too, just because buying a reciver,crystal,modul would have came way over $200. your specktrum will be the first one i see in person, it should be nice. ;)

biged358
2005.03.20, 07:25 PM
Hey Phil,

I found the McCallister body the other day so I picked it up. I was surprised at how thick the plastic was compared to the Parma. Man, I didn't expect the way you have to cut the body, score it and bend it! Quite nerveracking as I didn't want to mess it up. :rolleyes: Anyway, it came out pretty nice. I've attached a few photos though the bright green color doesn't come through. I like those BRIGHT colors. :D

On another note, I went to Racing City for the big race this weekend. Man, those pan cars fly, and it wasn't even the modified class! :eek: Looks like a ton of fun. I was there Saturday night for regular racing and man it was great to see 30 - 35 racers in attendence.

See you tomorrow night.

Ed

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 08:27 PM
looks nice Ed, i talked to Dave and heard you were down there, if i knew i would have went to race, ill bring my pan car tomarrow to show you, they are very fast stock, but there are tricky to get going fast, if you get into it copy my set up and you wil be all set.

biged358
2005.03.20, 08:34 PM
Hi Andrew,

They ran a modified class today. The went so fast it was tough to follow the action. Definitely bring your Pan car! I'd really like to see one up close. Damn, I better get a second job before I get involved in another form of RC Racing. But man, those pan cars are so friggin cool!.

looks nice Ed, i talked to Dave and heard you were down there, if i knew i would have went to race, ill bring my pan car tomarrow to show you, they are very fast stock, but there are tricky to get going, if you get into it copy my set up and you wil be all set.

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 09:02 PM
I am not ready for mod yet, maybe this summer if there is mod off road class i will think about running it, the ones who are running mod down there are team drivers, alot have a sponser for almost everything, but even in stock the guys are running, and they are way too fast im about 3 laps down, i have used a couple (team packs) and they make the diffrents. but you can not buy those kinds unless you have conections.

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 09:10 PM
Ed, i will be there if Phil goes, ill talk to phil tonight and check but we should be there. ;)

biged358
2005.03.20, 09:19 PM
Ed, i will be there if Phil goes, ill talk to phil tonight and check but we should be there. ;)

Gezz, if you guys don't come there will only be 5 guys there. I wonder what happened to all the other Cup racers? In the beginning there was 12 guys plus. now we're lucky to get 6.

Hope to see you there.

arch2b
2005.03.20, 09:25 PM
that is a large drop off :(

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 09:28 PM
Ed, do you know if the other 2 are coming this week? if not you will have 3.

I think we will be there,

biged358
2005.03.20, 09:35 PM
Ed, do you know if the other 2 are coming this week? if not you will have 3

I'm pretty sure Rob & Bill are coming. But the car count is still very low. If only three cars make it, we won't race. We already had two weeks when that happened.

Yes Arch2b, it's a huge drop off. :confused: I know things come up like work and family but I just wish there were more cars. It's a blast racing CP Cup cars but I just wish the car count was higher. It's a ton of fun when there are a bunch of heats.

Oh well. I'm really looking forward to Mini T racing outside during the summer. :D

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 09:39 PM
Ed did you see the mini-t's race at racing city? those are fun to see, they need to throw some jumps on the track,

biged358
2005.03.20, 09:45 PM
Ed did you see the mini-t's race at racing city? those are fun to see, they need to throw some jumps on the track,

Yes, I saw them run on Saturday night. That looks like a blast. It's great to see all the kids running that class. When I get my truck setup, I'm going to give that track a try. Looks like a lot of fun.

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 09:53 PM
It is fun, i never used mine or brought mine up there just because doing pan car takes all the time up, phil is getting the mamba and a lithium pack,that i want to see up at racing city.ill be here online untill phil gets on and ill ask him, i ride with him down there thats why if he is going ill be going.

biged358
2005.03.20, 10:06 PM
It is fun, i never used mine or brought mine up there just because doing pan car takes all the time up, phil is getting the mamba and a lithium pack,that i want to see up at racing city.ill be here online untill phil gets on and ill ask him, i ride with him down there thats why if he is going ill be going.

Hey Andrew,

Look what I found on ebay. Check out this auction: Item number: 5963418200

So you know the car? If so, what can you tell me about he car and the auction it self?

Thanks!

P.S. Better start looking for a second job. :)

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 10:14 PM
It's not too bad, if you really want to get into it i would get a KSG slider that is what i have, the L4o i do see some race it but it doesnt have all the adjustments, i got my ksg from a guy that races there and this was his back up car, he went to the snowbirds and wanted it in case something happends, i talked him into sell it to me, i paid $275 with out electronics, the kit goes for about $330 but than you will need to get some extra stuff like springs,tires, i paid 275 because it was the same car he is running and he was half a second from the record at racing cty, ill bring it tomarrow,i had all the electronics, in the car right now if you ad it up its about $700, thats with out parts,and batterys. acctully that body looks like one i saw before maybe he raced up there.

biged358
2005.03.20, 10:24 PM
It's not too bad, if you really want to get into it i would get a KSG slider that is what i have, the L4o i do see some race it but it doesnt have all the adjustments, i got my ksg from a guy that races there and this was his back up car, he went to the snowbirds and wanted it in case something happends, i talked him into sell it to me, i paid $275 with out electronics, the kit goes for about $330 but than you will need to get some extra stuff like springs,tires, i paid 275 because it was the same car he is running and he was half a second from the record at racing cty, ill bring it tomarrow,i had all the electronics, in the car right now if you ad it up its about $700, thats with out parts,and batterys. acctully that body looks like one i saw before maybe he raced up there.

When I get into it, I'll look for a used car. One, to save some money and two to get the EXTRA's, as you mentioned. Looks like a blast though. :)

Hope you make it tomorrow. I'd like to see the pan car up close.

Night!

mini-z racing
2005.03.20, 10:26 PM
with pan car its not like the cup cars, alot of times if you hit someone they will take there car off, in the A main normally they are all in a line like a train so one hit they have no chance, I have been taken out a few times of course when im leading, they used to be really fun but whats been happending is you spend the grand or so to race and just like every thing you can break parts, since the car is all graphite they are not ment to be played with, there carpet oval cars only, when i got into it i didnt think it would be like that,untill the team drivers came, they would have brand new products no one can get and lap every one alot of times, so when we race that we some times give each other room, the best finsh i had was when me and some other guy were raceing our cars were the same, at the finsh we were side by side, when you went there you saw the (fake ice) on the corners that works great because they used to have just normal walls and one hit you will slow down with the fake ice it really helps saving the bodys and crashes. see you toamrrow hopefully.

solartech
2005.03.22, 09:46 PM
Well I finally got it. Forget about the slow brushed motors. The momba runs faster and longer on the same batterys.

mini-z racing
2005.03.22, 10:20 PM
looks nice, That will be the second one ive seen run, hope too see it run soon.

Ed, I do not think i will be racing monday. my car is too slow and bored of it. but who knows maybe i will be there.

biged358
2005.03.23, 06:15 PM
Well I finally got it. Forget about the slow brushed motors. The momba runs faster and longer on the same batterys.

Phil, have you run it yet? Man, that bad boy will be flying. Can't wait to see it run!!

Andrew, I hope you do make it on Monday. Hey, when does the league end?

mini-z racing
2005.03.23, 06:20 PM
Ed, not sure when it ends but i wont be getting a thropy since i didnt race 4 of the races, I tried out phils mini-t today and it is fast that body makes a big diffrents, I may get a mamba now

solartech
2005.03.24, 09:20 AM
I belive were are on the 7th race out of 12.

mini-z racing
2005.03.24, 03:35 PM
Ed, we may have a place to run dirt oval in the winter too, some one is thinking of opening a indoor dirt oval track in Albany. Im going to push for a indoor off-road too. :)

Also i think ill be running mini-t once in awhile this summer with you guys.

biged358
2005.03.24, 04:36 PM
Ed, we may have a place to run dirt oval in the winter too, some one is thinking of opening a indoor dirt oval track in Albany. Im going to push for a indoor off-road too. :)

Also i think ill be running mini-t once in awhile this summer with you guys.

Man, Mini T Winter Indoor league! Very Cool!! Are you going to run another class this summer at Competition?

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.24, 05:21 PM
bah...oval is fun for a day...tell em not to waste their time and build a full offroad course...put the infiend to some good!

mini-z racing
2005.03.24, 06:43 PM
Ed, Im doing 2wd off-road truck and probally mini-t, if the dirt oval track does not happen there still is carpet oval mini-t

RUKND... I would rather have a off-road indoor, the problam around here is since there is really only one off-road track and about 4 oval ones more people got into oval, I know there will be more off-road tracks around here some time,

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.25, 12:51 AM
Ed, Im doing 2wd off-road truck and probally mini-t, if the dirt oval track does not happen there still is carpet oval mini-t

RUKND... I would rather have a off-road indoor, the problam around here is since there is really only one off-road track and about 4 oval ones more people got into oval, I know there will be more off-road tracks around here some time,
look at the bumps and jumps website...they are in Pa and run oval and regular on their track and do it well....u need to put the MF2 to good use ALL year round :p

mini-z racing
2005.03.25, 06:08 PM
As long as i do good this summer, ill head down to your track, a couple weeks ill go and try it out, i may need to stick with 10th scale full time, I forgot how too cut my motors, luckly i wrote it down, What ive been doing is racing mostly mini-z's,but once i raced my pan car i forgot how smooth they are, The reason i got into mini-z's is because that summer they were redueing the off-road track and i had nothing to race so i got into them.

mini-z racing
2005.03.26, 04:52 PM
Ed, I will not be racing monday,I am going to my train club to pick up my engine that is for sale.

solartech
2005.03.26, 10:57 PM
Unfortuatly I will not be able to make it monday as it is my daughters 3rd birthday!,,,,Family first! Se ya soon.

mini-z racing
2005.03.31, 09:14 PM
ED, Did you race Monday?

biged358
2005.03.31, 09:27 PM
ED, Did you race Monday?

Yep. There were only 4 of us there. We were out by 8:45.

mini-z racing
2005.03.31, 09:56 PM
So you Gerd,Rob and Eric? Ill see if we will be making it this week.

mini-z racing
2005.04.04, 09:36 PM
Did your specktrum come in yet?

biged358
2005.04.15, 10:52 PM
Did your specktrum come in yet?

Not yet. Now it's End of April. Hope it gets here before the season starts. :)

disruptor10
2005.04.30, 09:18 AM
How's that Mini T coming along ? Outdoor dirt season around the corner.......Dave

biged358
2005.04.30, 12:02 PM
How's that Mini T coming along ? Outdoor dirt season around the corner.......Dave

The mini T is all set to go, except for the Spektrum system I'm waiting for. I'm side lined until it arrives. How are you doing? Do you still race at Race City?

disruptor10
2005.05.02, 07:28 AM
Racing City is done until September pretty much so i haven't raced in about two to three weeks. just been puttering around my hobby room, hop ups for the mini and doin some 1/10th scale stuff. Actually all i have left to do for my T4 is groove the foam tires and tru one of them . It's still a bit chilly out at night for me and my health so i'll wait a bit.......when is the spectrum coming in ? Be good Ed

mini-z racing
2005.05.04, 06:35 PM
Ed, next wednesdays they are going to start racing at competiton hobby, i dont think its for points, Did you sell your mini-z stuff?see you soon

solartech
2005.05.12, 09:16 AM
hey Ed when are you comming? I got an AM 27mhz reciver you can use till the spectrum comes in. There were some exotic mini-ts lastnight with mid-motor mounts and custom chassies. Li-po is the way to go even with a brushed motor set up.I took first in my class even though in heat #1 I broke my chassie in half when I hit Daves foot :p

mini-z racing
2005.05.12, 06:59 PM
Yeah Ed it was great, about 20 people showed up, I qulified 2nd in my class and did not make the main due to a stripped spur gear, we will be there next week for sure.

biged358
2005.06.05, 10:35 AM
Yeah Ed it was great, about 20 people showed up, I qulified 2nd in my class and did not make the main due to a stripped spur gear, we will be there next week for sure.

Hey Guys. I'll be there this Wednesday. Work has been busy and I just returned from vacation. I finally received the Spektrum system and I plan on installing it this weekend. Thanks for the keeping me in the loop and I'm looking forward to Wednesday!!

So, how many racers are showing up each week? Do many have the spektrum system.

P.S. I'm going to competition today or tomorrow to pick up a transponder as well.

Ed

biged358
2005.08.10, 05:00 PM
Looks like these threads are no more