PDA

View Full Version : Autoscale Bodies

L-BURN-U
2004.10.10, 08:35 PM
who wants to start a Gallery for pics of the Autoscale Bodies alone? I have pics of all the cars I could find to date. and thought it would be nice for a basis for the new Parts Database to refer to photos of which Autoscale or Readyset someone wants to buy, so that people can see what they are buying. Mini-Z, any input?

arch2b
2004.10.10, 08:45 PM
who wants to start a Gallery for pics of the Autoscale Bodies alone? I have pics of all the cars I could find to date. and thought it would be nice for a basis for the new Parts Database to refer to photos of which Autoscale or Readyset someone wants to buy, so that people can see what they are buying. Mini-Z, any input?
look in thr parts in use album in the gallery. there is a manuf section with kyosho listed, browse there

Ninja
2004.10.10, 08:59 PM
well could someone make the effort to link all the autoscales to the proper photo? same goes for pretty much all the parts database.

arch2b
2004.10.11, 08:53 AM
sure, go ahead ;)

Ninja
2004.10.11, 09:55 AM
i would do it for the shop if i had the ability to do so

arch2b
2004.10.11, 10:03 AM
opps, i thought you ment in this or another thread :p

ExtraPickles
2004.10.11, 10:14 AM
opps, i thought you ment in this or another thread :p
That is a huge problem here and must be causing thousands upon thousands of dollars in lost sales. Go here, look there... while the customer service is nothing short of spectacular, it's too much work for a newbie to spend money here and has to be having an effect on sales. Sorry for the off topic response, I'm just ranting because it's frustrating to love this place... which I do.

-pickles

Ninja
2004.10.11, 10:49 AM
That is a huge problem here and must be causing thousands upon thousands of dollars in lost sales. Go here, look there... while the customer service is nothing short of spectacular, it's too much work for a newbie to spend money here and has to be having an effect on sales. Sorry for the off topic response, I'm just ranting because it's frustrating to love this place... which I do.

-pickles
its ok pickles, you are right on topic. the point is this, if the parts database had pics of all the parts linked properly i would be more likely to buy more stuff from here. i for one am not going to look through the parts in use album to find a pic of a part that i need, just to turn around and search for the part number to find that it is un-available. i would much rather see it all on one line. as for web space, this shouldnt be an issue here, as all of the links combined would only amount to about 1mb. so what is the excuse now? laziness? Mini-Z said he was working on this issue, but it still hasnt changed

arch2b
2004.10.11, 10:59 AM
it's been posted over and over that a new shop is in the works :rolleyes: be patient young grasshopper :p

Ninja
2004.10.11, 11:06 AM
sorry for the double post, but i was just thinking. would it be possible to add some script to the parts database that would allow users to submit links to the apropriate photos of the parts listed by using an input field that in turn sent an e-mail to the shop, who would then review the submission and put that link into effect? something like this

<tr>
<td><div align="center"><span class="style1"><font color="#FF0101">Kyosho Ball Diff</font> </span></div></td>
<td><div align="center"><font color="#0000FF">Picture Unavailable <a href="mailto:shop@mini-zracer.com">Submit Link</a></font></div></td>
<td><div align="center"><a href="http://www.minizracer.com/shop/products.php?pid=4#648">Add To Cart</a></div></td>
</tr>

it just needs to have more info such as availability and price

arch2b
2004.10.11, 11:35 AM
i'm sure mini-z is open to all and any suggestions... email him your idea's

Ninja
2004.10.11, 11:41 AM
i'm sure mini-z is open to all and any suggestions... email him your idea's
nevermind, im not gonna waste my time

arch2b
2004.10.11, 03:15 PM
ok... what do you expect then?

Ninja
2004.10.11, 03:18 PM
some sign of progress, it doesnt have to all be done at once, gradual improvements show effort more than words

edit* also if it may be more appropriate feel free to move this thread to the site-feedback sectoin of the forums

arch2b
2004.10.11, 03:23 PM
rather than continue to dump effort into a shop that was setup when parts only numbered in the teens at the most, mini-z has decided to upgrade to a new shop that hopes to solve alot if not all the questions and problems. this is a tedious effort and very time consuming as anyone that does this kind of stuff knows.

ExtraPickles
2004.10.11, 04:21 PM
rather than continue to dump effort into a shop that was setup when parts only numbered in the teens at the most, mini-z has decided to upgrade to a new shop that hopes to solve alot if not all the questions and problems. this is a tedious effort and very time consuming as anyone that does this kind of stuff knows.
That's one of the reasons it is so frustrating. As a programmer and web applications developer for a living I know it's NOT that big of a deal. And, if it's too much time and effort to band-aid this setup by adding a few descriptions and pics... it's certainly too much time and effort for me as a consumer to have to jump through so many hoops to spend money. Rant really done this time :p

-pickles

arch2b
2004.10.11, 04:28 PM
well, i'm not a programer or web developer but i do know mini-z is working on a solution.

as with every opinion, i as well as mini-z appreciate you voicing them, whether they be bad or good. this is a free rant topic :p

Capt. Oversteer
2004.10.11, 11:56 PM

arch i agree 100%! i worked in the parts department where i an employed (a local trucking company) and keeping up with ever changing and new part numbers and part is no easy task. i myself think mini-z does a great job!! i know he has another websight plus everything he has to do to run a business. i myself find it relaxing after a hard days work to come home, log on, read the threads and browse through the parts sections. i go by this....don't sweat the little things....and everything is little

mini-z keep up the good work!!!!

mini-z
2004.10.14, 01:38 PM
nevermind, im not gonna waste my time

:( :confused: We are in fact working on exactly what you have in mind; I am starting to lean towards rolling out individual features, however, rather than a monolithic 3.0 release. User-contributed pics will be #1 then. :)

arch2b
2004.10.14, 01:48 PM
:( :confused: We are in fact working on exactly what you have in mind; I am starting to lean towards rolling out individual features, however, rather than a monolithic 3.0 release. User-contributed pics will be #1 then. :)
i hate to be the pesimist... but as nice as the idea sounds, it didn't work well for the parts in use album and you gave prizes for that as well. i think i ended up winning most of them only becasue i was one of the few contributing. that's why i made the move to include manufacturer's as most already provide images on their respective sites. it then becomes a tedious job of cut/paste. i would think soliciting volunteer's to do the image work would be faster in the end run although i asked for a similar effort for the manuf. piu and got no replies. i take that back, one person.

mini-z
2004.10.14, 02:09 PM
i hate to be the pesimist... but as nice as the idea sounds, it didn't work well for the parts in use album and you gave prizes for that as well. i think i ended up winning most of them only becasue i was one of the few contributing. that's why i made the move to include manufacturer's as most already provide images on their respective sites. it then becomes a tedious job of cut/paste. i would think soliciting volunteer's to do the image work would be faster in the end run although i asked for a similar effort for the manuf. piu and got no replies. i take that back, one person.

R, you're confusing me, esp. since you know exactly how everything will be working etc.; btw, did you get any of my email today? Please email me back RE this, I think something may be wrong email-wise. :confused:

arch2b
2004.10.14, 02:29 PM
R, you're confusing me, esp. since you know exactly how everything will be working etc.; btw, did you get any of my email today? Please email me back RE this, I think something may be wrong email-wise. :confused:
sorry :o i got the emails but onlu have time to browse new posts inbetween cursing, kicking, shhaking fists at the computer's :rolleyes: lucky enough to view this much less jump to other sites. i'll be checking out the info when i get home.

i believe it's a good option that promotes interactivity between the forum and members, i was just disappointed that the it never took off for the piu. although the shop has significanly more importance to most members so it has i higher probablitlity of particiaption.

pHREDD
2004.10.14, 03:40 PM
i worked in the parts department where i an employed (a local trucking company) and keeping up with ever changing and new part numbers and part is no easy task.

What Trucking Company do you work at? I ask because I work at one too. (Covenant Transport)