PDA

View Full Version : Are all the Overlands the same?

Sporttracguy
2004.10.10, 08:59 PM
Ive been hearing that the hummer has a longer wheel base than the other overlands. is this true? or is it just that the body is shaped different so it seems longer? i was wondering why the overlands with different bodies were different prices, does this have anything to do with function or is it just that some bodies are more desireable than others? can i just get any overland and stick a different overland body on it or are they slightlly different? Thanks, i know these are newbie questions

sporttracguy

Ninja
2004.10.10, 09:03 PM
all overlands are the same chassis, just different body. the chassis can be adjuted easily by moving the pins that are behind the batteries inside the battery holder. the different prices are the result of the body getting older and less sought after.

davisdavis
2004.10.11, 04:47 AM
yeah, he's right~~ it's not diffult to thange the wheelbase setting, but u woundn't liek to do that all the time
first : it take 15 minutes for me to change the wheelbase (both front and rear)
second : constantly doing so will weaken the screw holes in the chasis

as for the hummer u are mentioning, it uses the A3 setting which is the longest.
A3: Hummer
A2: G-class , Cayenne
A1: none and i don't think there will be any
B3: none and i don't think there will be any
B2: Landcruiser, X5, Harrier
B1: all Pajeros (five or six in total)

Sporttracguy
2004.10.12, 12:46 PM
so these settings, can any chasis be adjusted to any setting or do you need a different part than what comes with the readyset?

arch2b
2004.10.12, 12:53 PM
if you look here (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album136/overland_exploded_view.jpg) you can see how the top shock mounts can be switched as well as the lower swing arms to accomodate various wheelbases. all the necessary parts come with each readyset.
if you don't have the parts, mv06 is the parts kit with the damper mounts you need

G-Class
2004.10.12, 03:32 PM
A3: Hummer
A2: G-class , Cayenne
A1: none and i don't think there will be any
B3: none and i don't think there will be any
B2: Landcruiser, X5, Harrier
B1: all Pajeros (five or six in total)

Correction, the Landcruiser is A2.

arch2b
2004.10.12, 03:56 PM
HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album136/optional_parts_list_page_03.jpg) is a copy of the offical list of damper mount settings. the porsche cayenne is the same as the g55 if i recall correctly

Sporttracguy
2004.10.13, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the info, just what i was looking for

G-Class
2004.10.14, 04:07 PM
Correction, the Landcruiser is A2.

Whoops. :confused: I looked at a LC a little closer, and it was B2.