PDA

View Full Version : Lap Timing System Release

Pages : 1 [2]

CoreAnalog
2005.03.16, 09:16 PM
Just wondering if Core could jump in with an ETA of delvery of the product.

Is it going days, weeks or a month or 2.

I don't know about anyone else but I would prefer to know if it is going to be a while before it is ready to be shipped. Rather then every time I get an email notification from this forum I jump on the web to see if there is any news..

If you have people getting upset at getting no replies, put a link to this forum in the web site and put some progress information in this area.

I know there are issues about getting a product to the market and trying to get it right is essential.

If it is going to be a while, let people know and they will probably stop bugging you.

So if you could give a ballpark ETA I think a lot of people (potential customers) would appreciate it

thanks

Terry

Terry,

The final beta release (v0.99b) will be released to the beta sites tonight. The software
is in feature freeze. If we get good reports back from the beta sites through the weekend, we will move the snapshot to v1.0 and release units on Monday. We have
units in stock just sitting there packaged up, so believe me when I say that we are
moving as fast as we can to get things out :-( Just be patient as quality is our number
one concern...

--Core

2EZ
2005.03.17, 09:06 AM
Core
I am interested in your timing system do you now have any pricing I will be using it on a home track that presently DAMzer and I race on but would envision the day we will have a place to develop club events.
Thanks

arch2b
2005.03.17, 09:11 AM
Core
I am interested in your timing system do you now have any pricing I will be using it on a home track that presently DAMzer and I race on but would envision the day we will have a place to develop club events.
Thanks
you will not be disappointed ;) you do not have to have a club or host events to really enjoy using this system. i am just as happy racing myself or trying to beat my best time as i am racing with the usual partners.

Maxfield
2005.03.19, 04:18 AM
Hey Core -

Put me down for a system and a dozen extra transponders!

gasman1
2005.03.22, 07:28 PM
How did the weekend testing go? Ready to sell soon?

CoreAnalog
2005.03.22, 09:11 PM
How did the weekend testing go? Ready to sell soon?

Testing went well... Found a couple of bugs which should be fixed now. We couldn't
resist adding a few more cool features. A couple of the pro shops have big races this
thursday and saturday. So, we'll wait for their results before finalizing the software
release. Sorry for the extra delay. But, rain or shine we'll update the web pages in the
next couple of days with the shop links so you can order :-)

--Core

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 11:07 PM
Testing went well... Found a couple of bugs which should be fixed now. We couldn't
resist adding a few more cool features. A couple of the pro shops have big races this
thursday and saturday. So, we'll wait for their results before finalizing the software
release. Sorry for the extra delay. But, rain or shine we'll update the web pages in the
next couple of days with the shop links so you can order :-)

--Core
take your time ots good to see your not satisfied releasing untill its good.

briankstan
2005.03.23, 04:44 PM
do you have the final price, and dates that these will be available? any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

davkin
2005.03.23, 09:43 PM
I'm getting a little antsy myself. I've decided I'll most likely purchase the system but I'd like to have one by the end of April so my club can do some testing with it in May in preparation for our summer championship season. It would be nice to have an idea of when it will be released and what it will cost. Heck, right now I'd be willing to put half down on a pre-order if it will speed things up, or at least get me some solid info.

David

Ryan Gardner
2005.03.24, 11:39 AM
I'm getting a little antsy myself. I've decided I'll most likely purchase the system but I'd like to have one by the end of April so my club can do some testing with it in May in preparation for our summer championship season. It would be nice to have an idea of when it will be released and what it will cost. Heck, right now I'd be willing to put half down on a pre-order if it will speed things up, or at least get me some solid info.

Being in David's club, I would like to second the motion that he be given more info on the stuff. That way I can stop counting my laps and start focusing on racing! ;) (Because obviously the lap counting is what's keeping me twenty laps back!)

Ryan

TNB
2005.03.24, 01:29 PM
RG,
Perhaps, you should count by twos. Myself, I loose count and the cats don't have that many paws to keep an accurate count.

arch2b
2005.03.24, 03:28 PM
RG,
Perhaps, you should count by twos. Myself, I loose count and the cats don't have that many paws to keep an accurate count.
now that would make a priceless picture :p 2 cats and confused looks after running out of toes :p

mini-z racing
2005.03.24, 06:20 PM
This has probally came up already but i heard there are two diffrent size transponders? I have the large one, I was wondering if they both work the same or one is better than the other?

CoreAnalog
2005.03.24, 10:00 PM
This has probally came up already but i heard there are two diffrent size transponders? I have the large one, I was wondering if they both work the same or one is better than the other?

We actually have 3 different sizes. We use the smallest ones for the 1/64 scale :-)
It's about 1/4 the size of the large ones that you guys at CP are using. But, it has
much less pickup range. The mid-sized ones are about 2/3 the size of the large
ones and we use those for our Z's in the lab. The large ones are best for Mini-Z
and 1/18th scale and give the best range. That's why we ship those out by default.
I'll send Eric some of the other transponders so you guys can try them out at CP.

--Core

mini-z racing
2005.03.24, 10:13 PM
ok , just wanted to know about that, we already bought ours

gasman1
2005.03.29, 12:31 PM
Where are you at from this past weeks testing? Any closer to sales.

TTT
2005.03.30, 12:19 AM
We actually have 3 different sizes. We use the smallest ones for the 1/64 scale :-)
It's about 1/4 the size of the large ones that you guys at CP are using. But, it has
much less pickup range. The mid-sized ones are about 2/3 the size of the large
ones and we use those for our Z's in the lab. The large ones are best for Mini-Z
and 1/18th scale and give the best range. That's why we ship those out by default.
I'll send Eric some of the other transponders so you guys can try them out at CP.

--Core

We run quite a few F1's in our club so would the small transponders be OK if they were placed on the front bumpers between the front wheels(if they fit). This would have them 4-5mm (0.2 in.) above the surface of the track. Otherwise have you tried different mounting spots for bigger cards on the F1's.

Any difference in price of the different sized transponders?

How many (if any) transponders will come with the system?
Can we specify which size these are?

When the website is updated/operational will it have the dimensions of the cards?

How did testing go over the weekend??

thanks in advance

Terry

CoreAnalog
2005.03.30, 11:20 AM
We run quite a few F1's in our club so would the small transponders be OK if they were placed on the front bumpers between the front wheels(if they fit). This would have them 4-5mm (0.2 in.) above the surface of the track. Otherwise have you tried different mounting spots for bigger cards on the F1's.

Any difference in price of the different sized transponders?

How many (if any) transponders will come with the system?
Can we specify which size these are?

When the website is updated/operational will it have the dimensions of the cards?

How did testing go over the weekend??

thanks in advance

Terry

Sorry guys... Testing was cancelled because of the Easter holiday.
Yes, we have families too :-)

The new website (when done) will have all that info.

--Core

Draconious
2005.03.30, 06:56 PM
what were teh dimensions of the transponders again? happen to have a defunct one that you can send me? to put into cad... i want to see if I can make a slip in slot on my custom chassis for it... lol.

Was a final size ever decided? A realy long narrow, flat, one would fit perfectly on the underside of my chassis... a wide square well would just attach to the battery bay on the bottom i guess...

CoreAnalog
2005.04.03, 10:34 PM
what were teh dimensions of the transponders again? happen to have a defunct one that you can send me? to put into cad... i want to see if I can make a slip in slot on my custom chassis for it... lol.

Was a final size ever decided? A realy long narrow, flat, one would fit perfectly on the underside of my chassis... a wide square well would just attach to the battery bay on the bottom i guess...

The sizes are:
45mmx75mm (suggested for Mini-Z and 1:18)
45mmx45mm (suggested for Mini-Z only)
45mmx25mm (suggested for anything smaller than a Mini-Z, works great on the F1 front wing though)

The most idiot proof trasnponder is the large one. You can almost mount it anywhere
and the pickup range will be good. The best spot is simply under the front hood.
I can send you a transponder... Just send email to support with your contact info.

--Core

madf1man
2005.04.05, 08:03 AM
Core,s new web site is finally up in case its not known. Not to much info yet but there is a forum.Hope to see some good use of it as I like to learn more about the system

imxlr8ed
2005.04.05, 06:03 PM
Can't seem to get that Jeopardy theme music out of my head for the past 5 months... My guys are dying to get this system ! Sic'em gasman !!! :D

rest assured you will not be disappointed! :D our group of guys love it! we pour over the stats just as much as the actual lap times :p from a home usesrs standpoint, the system is very user friendly and easy to use.

gasman1
2005.04.07, 09:22 AM
Can anyone tell me if any transponders come with the basic timing system?

How many?

arch2b
2005.04.07, 09:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if any transponders come with the basic timing system?

How many?
from what i recall of the presale slaes info on the old site, it mentioned the basic package including a few transponders. not more than 5 i would imagine. i'm sure core can correct me on this

baldrick
2005.04.07, 11:56 AM
OK, so Iíve been lurking on this site and into Mini-zís since Jan 2005.

So far I have 2 WideíL RCP tracks and a 3rd on order from the shop. Iíve also purchased, since Jan, 1xMR01, 9xMR02ís and Iíve got more tires and spares than a LHS. You get the idea, Iím hooked but Iím sure Iím not alone!

First of all, a huge thank you, to those who answer the many questions on this forum. Iíve learned so much over the past few months.

The next step for me is to get the ďCore Race SystemĒ

Iíve posted this question on the Core forum, but I bet theyíre busy as they are getting close to selling the system. So Iíll ask the same question here!

Hopefully, Arch2b or one of the other beta testers may be able to answer this question.

I believe that the racer and vehicle data can be stored permanently inside the transponder. Is the transponder a write-to once only device or is it re-writable? I have 10 mini-zís, do I need to buy 2 sets of transponders (12 total) or can I swap transponders from one car to another?

KeithÖ

arch2b
2005.04.07, 12:11 PM
think of the transponders as floppy disks in that they are rewritable. you simply open the tag or recognize it with the software and edit the racer setup data and save..... i've done this MANY times.
you only need one transponder per car and they are cheap enough you can get one for each car.

they can be damaged though so they are not indestructible. i've had one or two get damaged by being pinched at critical points by chassis components.

for the most part though, the transponders are as easy and friendly to use as the rest of the system. :D

tip: we use a small patch of velcro to attach them to the underside of the bodies. works flawlessly and easy to remove. thanks to byebye for that one ;) i put the peice of velcro on the underside of the front hood on all/most of my bodies. if you want the sleeper look, color them black, you won't even know they are there :cool:

baldrick
2005.04.07, 12:24 PM
Arch2b, thanks for the quick reply and tip.

Core are selling the transponder in sets of 6, so I'll get 2 sets and have some spares.

arch2b
2005.04.07, 04:41 PM
Arch2b, thanks for the quick reply and tip.

Core are selling the transponder in sets of 6, so I'll get 2 sets and have some spares.
i just read core's reply on his site... it appears the basic package does not include transponders.

briankstan
2005.04.09, 06:27 PM
if anyone has some pics that they can post that would be great, I would really like to know what this is going to look like.

Thanks

Brian

briankstan
2005.04.09, 07:30 PM
Below are the prices that Corespeedway has posted for their lap timing system. It does say that they are not ready to take orders yet.

If anyone that has tested this system can post some of thier experience in using this system I would greatly appreciate it, I don't mind spending the money if I know that I'm getting a quality product. I looks like it would be about $600.00 including 12 transponders.

any replys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brian

below are the prices that were posted. you

Standard Core Competition Racing System (CRS) with USB cable and the Core Racer software package for Windows XP only. $499

Pro Core CRS with USB cable and Core Racer software package for Windows XP. Multiple Pro systems can be used at the same time to support wider tracks and speed traps. The Pro Core CRS is required by the Pro PC. The Pro Core CRS can be used under both Windows XP and Linux (only available with the purchase of a Pro PC).
$599

The Core Pro PC features optimized drivers and hardware to support more than a 50% boost in top speed (over 40mph). $999
Image The Pro Package features two Pro Core CRS units and our Pro PC. Just connect a monitor and you have the ultimate professional setup. Includes a club pack of 100 transponders.
$2199

6-pack of standard transponders. Recommended for 1/28 scale or larger. $49

3-pack of mini transponders. Recommended for anything smaller than 1/28 scale or Mini-Z F1 mounted on the front wing. $29

davkin
2005.04.09, 10:43 PM
Okay, we have prices now, when can we expect them to be available? A best guess would be nice at least.

I don't understand what the difference is between a Pro and a Standard is besides the Linux capability.

How does this multiple system setup for wider tracks work? Does this mean a single standard system can only do a 3' wide track?

The Core Pro PC features optimized drivers and hardware to support more than a 50% boost in top speed (over 40mph).

???? Speed? Uh, what does lap timing have to do with speed?

David

CoreAnalog
2005.04.09, 11:08 PM
Okay, we have prices now, when can we expect them to be available? A best guess would be nice at least.

I don't understand what the difference is between a Pro and a Standard is besides the Linux capability.

How does this multiple system setup for wider tracks work? Does this mean a single standard system can only do a 3' wide track?

???? Speed? Uh, what does lap timing have to do with speed?

David

Any timing and scoring system has a maximum top speed that it can support.
If the cars buzz by too fast, you get a missed lap. The Pro system has some
optimizations that allow it to support a faster car.

Hardware has been done for a while. Software is now complete...
All I can say is soon...

If you only race Mini-Z, then the standard system is best for you.
If you're a pro shop and want the capability to expand, you buy the
pro setup which allows you to run multiple units in parallel.

--Core

briankstan
2005.04.10, 01:05 AM
Are you going to be offereing free shipping like RCP does, On items so expensive we really don't need that added cost?. just a thought.

CoreAnalog
2005.04.10, 01:32 AM
Are you going to be offereing free shipping like RCP does, On items so expensive we really don't need that added cost?. just a thought.

Yes, shipping is free for all US orders :-)
We're getting distributors lined up for other countries at the moment.

--Core

briankstan
2005.04.10, 04:32 PM
Core:

I just thought that I would suggest that you change you links in the compare section of your site to open in a new browser. I's alot easier to get back to your site. and you aren't actually leaving the site to compare.

just a thought

Brian

imxlr8ed
2005.04.28, 06:01 PM
Is it soon yet ? Sorry if I seem like a kid on Xmas eve ! I have approx. 15 regulars ready to load on their transponders !!! :)

CoreAnalog
2005.04.30, 11:19 AM
Is it soon yet ? Sorry if I seem like a kid on Xmas eve ! I have approx. 15 regulars ready to load on their transponders !!! :)

Public launch will be at RCX

--Core

machine
2005.05.02, 05:31 PM
I'm not going to make it to RCX but I'd like a system, how would I place an oder? Will systems be made to order or will there be stock of them?

briankstan
2005.05.16, 12:37 PM
Can someone that had been testing this lap timing system please post a review. I have already pre-ordered it. I am just anxious for some more info.

Thanks

Brian

TTT
2005.05.22, 10:25 PM
Check the new review thread

help this helps a bit

cheers

Terry

imxlr8ed
2005.05.31, 03:10 PM
Did soon just get a little later ? :confused:
What's up ?

briankstan
2005.06.10, 12:16 PM
does anyone have any information on when core might release to the public on this timing system?

I have pre-ordered, will he ship the pre-orders before filling the distributors order?

I just hate not being informed, I don't mind waiting but I would like some updates, I don't think it is to much to ask to post a update here once a week or something like that.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.06.10, 12:51 PM
Donít ask me...Iíve sent two separate e-mails direct to them in the past months, with no response...maybe they shut down...

briankstan
2005.06.10, 04:27 PM
Donít ask me...Iíve sent two separate e-mails direct to them in the past months, with no response...maybe they shut down...

Well I got my last reply from them on june 2, after e-mailing them on the 1st. saying it will be awhile. I would just like a little more infomation like a projected release date, or maybe some info on what the hold up is.

How many of you have pre-ordered a system?

Brian

techno
2005.06.10, 04:32 PM
I tried. I guess I wonder what the hold up is? I hope its no big deal i should have jumped on it when he first started .

Maxfield
2005.06.10, 09:41 PM
I don't think they've shut down. I preoredered by Paypaling directly to their email address. Haven't received a confirmation email yet, though, which is a little disconcerting.

briankstan
2005.06.11, 08:08 AM
They did offer to refund my money, then I can order from one of the distributors when it is finally realeased, I figure that would just cost me the additional money. So It is better to wait, since I would be waiting either way.

I just wish they would give their paying customers some more info, that's all I'm saying.

Brian

arch2b
2005.06.11, 03:16 PM
i just got a reply from core. letes just say those who pre-paid are going to be very lucky individuals. i can't say anything but you will be happy.

rest assured it is all coming to head for a big announcement soon. i don't know when but i was told soon. this new development will be huge for core and it's product and the mini-z community as a whole. this business it totally absorbing m's time and hasn't had time to get to the forums but he sends his regards and assures me everything is going well. i have absolutely no doubt and fullt trust m on this.

briankstan
2005.06.11, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the update Arch, I am glad that I preordered :) . I will look forward to the news.

Brian

baldrick
2005.06.11, 09:54 PM
I have a system on pre-order too. Core offered to refund my payment at the end of May stating that it could take another month before they could ship systems. It is a little dissapointing, but I bet Core are really frustrated with the situation. I don't want to keep bugging core about when my system will be shipped, so I appreciate Brian's question and the update from Arch2b.

arch2b
2005.06.11, 10:24 PM
m is not happy about keeping customers waiting either. no one wants another pro-z type incident to repeat.

hang in there is all i can say and my advice. like the actual pro-z product it's worth waiting for. lets just hope you don't have to wait as long ;) but trust me, i can sympathize with the frustrations. no one likkes to wait for something they've paid for or partially paid for, i don't know how that worked as i obviously didn't have to do that

Tom Thumb Hobby
2005.06.11, 10:51 PM
From someone who has scored literally thousands of laps with the CORE system................IT WILL BE WORTH YOUR WAIT !!! And, Michael is a VERY stand-up guy. So....relax, sit back, he will get them to you as soon as humanly possible. And I am positive you will love it :D :D

arch2b
2005.06.12, 10:45 AM
From someone who has scored literally thousands of laps with the CORE system................IT WILL BE WORTH YOUR WAIT !!! And, Michael is a VERY stand-up guy. So....relax, sit back, he will get them to you as soon as humanly possible. And I am positive you will love it :D :D
my sentiments as well

Maxfield
2005.06.15, 03:35 PM
Sent my preorder and got a nice reply about the wait. I'm just gonna sit here with a @#$%-eating grin on my face, looking forward to the day the package arrives in the mail.

imxlr8ed
2005.06.22, 03:16 PM
Still hearing that Jeapordy music myself... can't wait to see this in action !

IN CORE WE TRUST !

See it in action July 17th at our home track ! BIG GTG !!! (Thanx arch2b !)

techno
2005.06.22, 05:29 PM
drool stains on my shirt here :D

machine
2005.07.05, 08:51 PM
were's does one pre order? The core site isn't helping my spend money.

techno
2005.07.06, 07:20 AM
were's does one pre order? The core site isn't helping my spend money.
As far I know he is not taking any more and canít sell any till his distributor gets their A$$ in gear and get them on the shelfís. Man! I am losing my patients with the situation. I wish he had never got a distributor so he could sell us them as he made them. I wish more information was forth coming on the release. If itís going to be any longer I thing I will go with lap-Z or some thing else.

Itís like we have people ready to throw money at him and he cant take it I donít blame core entirely but this is taking too dang long.

Core if you Read this tell us something or you will lose more customers to other set ups.

Give us a reason to wait how many more months!!!!!

Yes I k now it is easy for those who have the system to say be patient and itís worth the wait. Well that worked like 2 months ago!

briankstan
2005.07.06, 09:17 AM
I feel the same frustration. techno. I have also pre-ordered and have been waiting a couple of months. My hope is, that we won't be waiting much longer.

brian

bolter9
2005.07.06, 11:10 AM
I haven't committed to buying this lap timer yet, but I've been following it's development with vested interest. As a complete outsider to the group of guys who have used this, I have to say that the long delay is starting to shake my confidence on what to spend my money on... I'm hoping just as much as the next guy that Core can get this pulled off very soon.

It's already a big enough risk to buy something out of the gate, rather then a few months after it's proven it's worth on the market...

lightfighter
2005.07.11, 06:49 PM
whats the status on this if any?

machine
2005.07.11, 07:18 PM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else, waiting waiting waiting.
It would be nice to hear some new news on the release and who will be selling them. Anything inthe way of an update would be nice.

briankstan
2005.07.11, 07:56 PM
I second that notion, no news is bad news in this case, share the info with your customers. we are the ones that are paying to keep you in business.

Brian

techno
2005.07.11, 09:16 PM
I second that notion, no news is bad news in this case, share the info with your customers. we are the ones that are paying to keep you in business.

Brian
we are getting an angry mod here starting to chant info info info!

briankstan
2005.07.11, 11:34 PM

I would not say an angry mob, I would say an impatient gathering.

Anyway they shouldn't just leave us hanging, even if they don't post on the forums, you would think that they could e-mail the updates to the ones that ordered.

JMHO

Brian

techno
2005.07.12, 08:52 AM
I would not say an angry mob, I would say an impatient gathering.

Anyway they shouldn't just leave us hanging, even if they don't post on the forums, you would think that they could e-mail the updates to the ones that ordered.

JMHO

Brian
well im looking at the helios to solve my lap counting needs for the interim

but i still want info on this how much longer x-mas???? any info on when or a time frame or is it just washed up

briankstan
2005.07.12, 09:38 AM
I have the heilos and have tried the lap counting feature, it works, but not without thinking about it, you will definately need to get use to hitting the button every time you pass the line, that is the most inportant thing to me is not having to worry about hitting a button and just concentrating on my driving.

The feature does work though.

Brian

CoreAnalog
2005.07.12, 11:20 AM

Guys,

We are sorry for all of the delays... Until we get the final agreements in place with our distributor we're holding off releasing units to the public. There may be some minor changes to the system and we don't want multiple versions of the system out there.

--Core

briankstan
2005.07.12, 11:28 AM
may I be the first to say, Thanks you for dropping us a line and letting us know where things stand, I'm still hopfull that it will not be much longer. :)

It's just been so long since we have heard from you, please keep us updated as things progress. thanks again

Brian

machine
2005.07.13, 08:56 PM
I agree alittle information goes a long way. And helps stave off speculation. Wondering if the system will be available in Canada? Or should I be Looking else where? Hmm do you need a Canadian Distrubitor??...

rkk
2005.07.14, 01:02 AM
2 more weeks or 6 months.

briankstan
2005.07.14, 11:01 AM
2 more weeks or 6 months.

I really hope it closer to the 2 weeks.

brian

arch2b
2005.07.14, 11:24 AM
the trouble you get with giving dates/times is they are usually very fluid in nature when your dealing with mulitple parties such as the case with this.
consequently anytime you give a date, you run the risk of getting nailed for missing it obviously. general estimates would be nice but a hard date would likely be impractical and or near impossible. this is just my insight into the situation.... i'm sure there are many members here who have an appropriate understanding of how similar business projects are done.

i also fully understand the desires of those that have already pre-ordered in having money tied up in something not yet tangible. we've all seen what happens when it goes bad as with the experiences described here (mzr) with ordering directly from pro-z (just an example).

rkk
2005.07.14, 12:03 PM
I am fully aware of slideing time lines, but there should be an estimate or if nothing else a date at which you seek new distribution. I feel bad for core as it seems they are getting bolloxed.

machine
2005.07.14, 12:06 PM
I've been dealing with suppliers, projects, quotes and timelines not to mention delivery dates. I've yet to see a company say "it'll be out soon" and remain in buisness. Let alone hold customers money and keep putting them off. It's suicide from a buisness point of view, without a due date or release date how do you get people excited over your product? I'd think you'd want to have the issues under the gun to get it to the public. A driving force to get things done and hammered out fast. Thats why deadlines, due dates are an important buisness factor.

As a future customer things look bleak without any information other than a post stating that issue between thier disturbitor are holding things up. As customers we don't even know who that is? And not wanting a multiple versions out in the market doesn't fly with me, unless it's a complete redesign to improve production flows and new software. I can't think of one company in the market place of RC that dosen't have more than one version in the market.

I'm ranting i know, but as a small buisness owner a lap counter is part of my plans for promotion and with the fall coming in a few months I need to make a decision soon. I'm alittle happy I haven't put money down yet, as i still have a choice in what to bring in.

I realize it's a free market and no one is hold a gun to my head telling me buy the core system. But the reviews it recieved and the amount of my customers who have heard and the fact that I don't have to go overseas into europe, makes it a system which i'd like to get as a first choice. It's the lack if information as an expected date that is killing me.

rkk
2005.07.14, 12:10 PM
I was under the impression, also that most timeing systems the software and hardware were somewhat independent. Meaning there is usually more than 1 version of software for a given hardware platform. If it is a software issue Microsoft has updates every week, while I understand that is the extreme case it illustrates the point.

briankstan
2005.07.14, 12:26 PM
I think that most people that have pre-ordered (myself included) would be fine with approximate dates, knowing full well that they might change.

My point being that It is better to hear something, than nothing at all.

That is way I was happy to hear from Core, with his little update.

I'm my case. I am more uneasy about something if I don't know or hear anything. I would much rather hear updates, so we can see the progression that things are taking and at leat that they are moving, and if nother else it will show us how much time and effort that Core has put in to bringing us this great product. That might make us appreciate it that much more, when we do receive the product.

It's kind of like visiting a forum with alot of members and then seeing no new posts for weeks or months. You would begin to wonder if the site is still active, did it go under, did everyone find a better place? JMO

Brian

ExtraPickles
2005.07.18, 02:12 PM
I had a chance to play with Arch2b's pre-release version of the Core system this weekend and I got to tell you, it will be worth the wait and every penny. We had over 20 drivers and the Core system took a whole lot of the work out of it.

Was NOT using the latest version of the software and the one we used was a little rough around the edges but wouldn't take much tweaking to git 'r done. Once you understand the options and set it up right it counts flawlessly and the details in the HTML output of the results are awesome. With very little practice it will be easy to pull off some smooth race days.

It sucks to wait in the dark but this IS a great system.

-pickles

ruknd@aol.com
2005.07.18, 02:27 PM
Teh bigggest gripe I had with the system is the lack of a qualifyer system. It needs to be set up so qualifiers are started in heats with one car at a time. Then based upon teh times, set up the heats automatically. But all in all, once it's fully iorned out it will be a great inexpensive option. While I dont think it will come close to an ambit system, I'd never be ably to affords thousands of dollars on an ambit system. If it remains priced and geared for home use it will be quite the addition. Also great is the cost of the transponders and ease of placement in teh car. no wiring!

briankstan
2005.07.18, 02:46 PM
As mentions in the Thread about the August 15-17th GTG, I was wondering if someone would elaborate on the problems that were being had with the Timing System when hooked to the Laptop computer.

I purchased a laptop for the sole purpose of using it with the Timing System that I ordered. Cores site before everything was taken off the "Shop Now" page specified that all you needed was Windows XP, It didn't specify any hardware requirements.

Was the laptop being used and older one? new one? what were the specs on the tower that you ended up using. any help that you could give would help me determine if I'm going to be able to use the laptop that I purchased.

Thanks for the information.

Brian

p.s. To Core: if you read this can you email me at briankstan@saltlakemini-z.com and let me know if there is any spcific hardware requirements that are needed. Have you tested the system on a laptop? If not that might be somthing that you would want to consider while you are waiting to release the system. Thanks.

techno
2005.07.18, 02:51 PM
its weird it worked on my laptop at arches before I left when we got to dorks it would not run pbbbt! i have a external powerd 4 port usb hub that if the issue dont get worked out it should be fine I only paid 20.00 for it at micro center on sale

briankstan
2005.07.18, 02:58 PM
so you think it is mainly a power issue?, power that the laptop supplys via the usb? if that is all I can see how a external port with an external power can solve that.

I was just more concerned about it being a specific hardware issue. I will be using a Compaq with a Celeron M 1.3processor and 512 mb ram. I would hope that this would be cabable of running that software. Can you give me the info on the laptop that you had it running correctly from?

Thanks

Brian

Draconious
2005.07.18, 03:05 PM
If the USB power is the case, some mother boards.. are factory set to distribute less, or no power to the USB ports... you have to turn them on in the bios, or use jumpers to enable the 5volts... this is a safety precaution so you know your turning it on, etc.. cuz some older devices usb 1.0 etc can be damaged or something i forget the exact reason...

techno
2005.07.18, 03:10 PM
tom thumb uses a lap top on his core to i dont remeber if he was using a hub or had issues with the usb port

arch2b
2005.07.18, 03:14 PM
it's purly my theory that it's a power issue with the power saving features built into laptops. that and you will have to update several usb drivers but that is usally taken care of by the operating system when you plug it in and you have to be online or have a resource cd to get the files from.

byebye had a sony laptop that did not want to work for the longest time and now i don't recall but i thought we did get it to work.

the tower at dorksonwheels was a new dell pc. mine at home is an archiac p3 700mhz with a usb 2.0 pci card crammed into it.

please keep in mind that we are using pre-release versions of the software. core has always been very responsive about feedback.

briankstan
2005.07.18, 03:26 PM
Great, This sounds like a non-issue. I appreciate your quick responses.

Off topic:

did I tell you guys that I'm jealous of your GTG, I would have like to come, but thats just a little to far from the desert state of utah. :D

I would have liked to have met some of you, along with race with you.

Back On Topic:

I'm glad to hear all the reviews from the races at you GTG, I don't doubt my decision to make this purchase, My only wish it that I had it already. :(

Brian.

imxlr8ed
2005.07.18, 03:32 PM
Teh bigggest gripe I had with the system is the lack of a qualifyer system. It needs to be set up so qualifiers are started in heats with one car at a time. Then based upon teh times, set up the heats automatically. But all in all, once it's fully iorned out it will be a great inexpensive option. While I dont think it will come close to an ambit system, I'd never be ably to affords thousands of dollars on an ambit system. If it remains priced and geared for home use it will be quite the addition. Also great is the cost of the transponders and ease of placement in teh car. no wiring!

Yeah... I might of screwed some in figuring the Mains... I just kinda winged it. I think everyone landed in the right race though. I just tried to duplicate the format they used at the Winter challenge. 3 Qualifiers, and 3 Mains. I was mainly just happy to cross a lap and not have to holler a number !

(I still think extrapickles should just work for Core... there would be no "software issues"!!! :D )

ExtraPickles
2005.07.19, 09:51 AM
so you think it is mainly a power issue?, power that the laptop supplys via the usb? if that is all I can see how a external port with an external power can solve that.

I was just more concerned about it being a specific hardware issue. I will be using a Compaq with a Celeron M 1.3processor and 512 mb ram. I would hope that this would be cabable of running that software. Can you give me the info on the laptop that you had it running correctly from?

Thanks

BrianBrian, I wouldn't sweat it. We really didn't do any in-depth troubleshooting to see exactly why it wasn't working on the laptop, and as Arch has said it worked on the laptop earlier. It was late and everyone was tired so Arch had me take it home and try it on a desktop PC and it worked so I brought that PC back with it in the morning. Sunday I was going to give it more of an in-depth look on the laptop but as you can imagine, it was too hectic.

-pickles

briankstan
2005.07.19, 01:27 PM
thanks for the info, I guess I'll just wait to receive my system and I should have no problem running it on my laptop. that is good to know.

Was that your first experience working with the Core Timing System? What are you opinions? ease of use and such. From What I hear it tracks the laps flawlessly.
I was wondering about the user interface. it looks pretty straight forward from the screen shots that I have seen.

Brian

arch2b
2005.07.19, 02:01 PM
the software end of it is likely to change as development continues so don't base any judgements on anything you've seen thus far as it's all been pre- release versions. i can tell you core has been very responsive to suggestions from the beta testers and it has changed from the first to current release.

i'm sure those that have had a chance to run it will have more insight to add as i'm sure most are growing tired of my continued replies.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.07.19, 03:08 PM
After using the core this weekend and other systems previously, I'd be happy to give my imput on what I thought, if core is interested.

arch2b
2005.07.19, 03:19 PM
After using the core this weekend and other systems previously, I'd be happy to give my imput on what I thought, if core is interested.
i and the other beta testers are bound by agreements however there is nothing to prevent those that have had experience with it at either the pn events or other places from commenting as long as those who post and read understand that it's based on a developing product and not reviews of a public released system.

i will also suggest that those with experience with both core and other systems offer their comments via email to core.

i think this email address core gave way back on page 15 or something will do; support at corespeedway.com . you can always email him from the "contact" link on his site as well

briankstan
2005.07.19, 03:20 PM
Arch2b

I do not think that anyone is tired of hearing from you on this, acutally you are one of the few that will even discuss it (without giving spcifics of course).

you, know I fell like a kid at christmas time. I know that the presents are there and I just can't open them. that is how I feel about waiting for the system to be released and delivered to me.

I know that everyone is saying jut to be patient, the thing is, that some of you have been using the system either through the beta testing or racing with someone that is doing the testing, either way you already get to use it.

We have anywhere from 6 to 8 people regularly at our races and I get asked all the time about when it will be release, so we can start using it.

Think back to before you had the core timing system. remember how much fun it was to try and track your position and how many laps you have run, along with trying to drive your best. (I bet it's a painful thought... LOL).

I would imagine that it has made things alot better for you club along as having the side affect of improving your driving, because you don't have to think about all the other things.

Well I have rambled on enough, I'm just really excited. :)

Brian

briankstan
2005.07.19, 03:22 PM
sorry about the grammer and spelling... :D

arch2b
2005.07.19, 03:29 PM
i try to continue posting because it's a product i firmly believe in just as much as rcp tracks. it's changed our racing experience as much as the introduction of the rcp track in my opinion. both products are in my opinion the best products developed for this scale rc racing.

briankstan
2005.07.19, 03:47 PM
After reading all the posts about the RCP tracks I decided not to put any more money into the foam mats, in my opinion that was one of the best decisions one could make. there is just no comparision.

I'm hoping that my purchase of the Core Timing System will do the same. I was looking at a couple other options, but in my opinion this looked, both to be better than the lasers and the Infared options and a lot more professional.

I have read all there is to read, that I could find, on the core system and from those that have used it and have shared their opinion. (thanks to all of you)
This is way I decided it was the way to go.

I have only been in this hobby for less than six months, but I have found a love for it and have been really excited to meet the people that enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

Thanks to Mini-zracer.com for the great website and to all the people here in the forums that are willing to share their opinions and experiences, you have all been a big help to me.

Brian

briankstan
2005.07.19, 03:52 PM
one more thing,

After I receive my timing system, I should have everything that I need and can stop spending money on this.... (well that is my hope)....(at least until something else comes out for mini-z's, perhaps some large sweeping corners for the RCP)

Well, Maybe it will just slow the spending.... :D My wife will enjoy that.

brian

imxlr8ed
2005.07.19, 05:56 PM
I'll give my "layman's" point of view...

The transponders fit easily into the cars, the scanning and loading of drivers info. was very quick, (typing in names and such has a little trick to it, you just can't highlight the box, and try to type over... if I recall correctly, but this was really no big deal) The sounds were cool, the voices were clear, and, from what I saw...you can edit all the sounds !!! (Can't wait to start a race with beep...beep...beep..."I'm Rick James b*tch !") We didn't really have time to figure the proper minimum lap time, so, if they didn't cross the line within like 6 seconds, their first lap counted way too low. (this is easily corrected, like I said, we didn't really have time to play with it.) The counter worked flawlessly, and quite honestly... if the system was nothing but a pure counter, and didn't have all the extras... I'd still buy it. If you looked at the results, you'll see all the start discrepancies in the best lap columns.
I think only one of them is a double cross, I got in a wreck at the line and it counted me twice, Enzok won that one. (punk :p ) (Qualifier 1B)

http://dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205

Overall... it's the perfect system for the MiniZ world. I just hope that it goes on market soon, I understand the problems with getting new ideas marketed securely and properly... (It's what I do for a living.) I wish Core nothing but success in their venture ! :D

With that said... resuming final Jeopardy song in my head...

doo doo dooo doooo dooo doo do :rolleyes:

Tom Thumb Hobby
2005.07.19, 09:46 PM
We have been using a 2.8Ghz laptop with 1Gig of ram and no external USB hub. No problems other than a possibly corrupted data file that was probably my fault. I was told,I believe, that the minimum suggested specs were 1.5Ghz processor and 512Meg system memory. I do know that the Core program wants to be the ONLY program running.

After using AutoScore/Ambit for 20+ years the Core software was quite a shock. It uses a very different method of race setup and driver entry. NOT BAD....just different. Is there any features missing???? Yes. BUT...the Core group is working hard on new versions of the software. To be honest, for most people the software is perfect as-is. My view is from a raceway with 30+ racers on a regular basis. The Core software currently lacks the data handling ability to make that job easy. You can still organize your big event...just not as easily as other software makes it.

To be fair, the Core system went from concept to (almost) release in just over a year. That is impressive. The hardware is perfect. The software is an ongoing project (just like ANY quality program). Core's competitors have also had 20 years or more of development time to polish their product. I am VERY satisfied with the system as it stands and it is a GREAT value. The software will only get better. :D :D

briankstan
2005.07.19, 10:04 PM
1.5 with 512ram, that really suprises me. I know alot a video games that with all thier graphics don't even require that. I wonder why the requirements would be so high? Can the system really be using all those resorces?

Well with a 1.3 and 512ram I think that will be fine. I'll just make sure nother else is running.

if anyone else has run this on a laptop I would appreciate your input on what has worked and hasn't worked.

Maybe this will be something that they might look at in their new version.

thanks

Brian

Tom Thumb Hobby
2005.07.19, 10:14 PM
The 1.5g w/512meg may have been an "optimum" config.

arch2b
2005.07.20, 04:43 PM
The 1.5g w/512meg may have been an "optimum" config.
than mine must be scrapping the bottom :p i occassionaly get lags between pushing a button and it's action or the start of a feature and the sound file associated with it. i blamed this on my p3 700mhz machine with 256-512mb ram. it's never failed to count a lap though. i will be dumping this pc in about 2 weeks for my p4 2.0 ghz, 1gig ram dell.
you are right...it likes to run alone. try running itunes for example and you get serious lags at points... then again it could be the pc itself.

briankstan
2005.07.20, 06:57 PM
than mine must be scrapping the bottom :p i occassionaly get lags between pushing a button and it's action or the start of a feature and the sound file associated with it. i blamed this on my p3 700mhz machine with 256-512mb ram. it's never failed to count a lap though. i will be dumping this pc in about 2 weeks for my p4 2.0 ghz, 1gig ram dell.
you are right...it likes to run alone. try running itunes for example and you get serious lags at points... then again it could be the pc itself.

I email core about this and thier reply was, they have run it on a p3 1GHz and had no proplems with it.

that's good news, sounds like it will be compatible with alot of older laptops.

I didn't go all out on the new laptop because I didn't want to put a whole lot a money into something I was mainly just using for the timing sytem, I needed somthing portable, so I wouldn't have to drag my tower and monitor outside everytime we raced.

Brian

machine
2005.07.22, 08:56 PM
Anyone have more info on the release date?

Zrc
2005.07.30, 10:17 AM
Are any of you Beta testers getting any feedback from Core ?? I'm a little concerned about the current state of things and I'm wondering if I should sell my AMB system now or hold on to it just in case the Core never gets released. Any suggestions ?? Thanks

briankstan
2005.07.30, 12:25 PM
I received an emal from support@corespeedway on July 20th.

Hello Brian,

We'll be able to ship your system within the next 2 weeks. The specs
for
the laptop are fine. We've run the system on a older PIII 1GHz Dell
laptop
and it ran fine. We will always be developing and adding features to
the
software.

Regards,
--Support

I'm not sure it this was just for my pre-order, but it sounds like they are really close.

Just to be on the cautios side I would still hold on to the timing system you have until you receive the Core System. JMO

Brian

arch2b
2005.07.30, 02:18 PM
Are any of you Beta testers getting any feedback from Core ?? I'm a little concerned about the current state of things and I'm wondering if I should sell my AMB system now or hold on to it just in case the Core never gets released. Any suggestions ?? Thanks
core has been very responsive to feedback.

what is leading you to be so concerned?

why would you think it would never be released?

Zrc
2005.07.30, 05:22 PM
Pretty simple Arch....the number of posts in this thread asking "what's going on?". :) And the lack of info on Cores' website. I figured if anyone was getting ANY info, it would be the beta testers. I was just looking for a sliver of positive information. The AMB is an expensive system and selling it means a commitment on my part since I wouldn't be able to replace it again without shelling out even more money. I'm just hoping Cores' commitment is still there.
Thanks Brian.....the AMB goes to the highest bidder. :D

briankstan
2005.07.30, 06:53 PM
Pretty simple Arch....the number of posts in this thread asking "what's going on?". :) And the lack of info on Cores' website. I figured if anyone was getting ANY info, it would be the beta testers. I was just looking for a sliver of positive information. The AMB is an expensive system and selling it means a commitment on my part since I wouldn't be able to replace it again without shelling out even more money. I'm just hoping Cores' commitment is still there.

it's really not a question of if? it's always just been a question of when. I have alway got a response to my email to them. it's not alway the response that I had hoped to hear. Core is working hard on getting these released. From what I know all the hardware is done and the software might have a few changed, mostly they are just waiting for their distributors to get lined up and all the legal stuff taken care of.

From what I have been told, It will be worth the wait.

Brian

arch2b
2005.07.30, 08:02 PM
yes, but for every few "what's going on" replies there have been replies from either beta testers or those that have used it that core has been responsive, trying to give as much detail as possible and continued good things to say in general about the system. if you read thru any of the core threads you'll see plenty of requests for info and plenty of positive feedback replies as well. there has never been anything posted that would bring into question core's commitment to bringing us the best posssible core system that he can. as others have pointed out, this whole thing went from concept to beta testing VERY quickly. there are many members here that know the business side of these thigns to and it's full of legal work, retail, distributor, etc., etc. details that all have to be ironed out inorder to have a the best possible product go to market. again, we've all seen what can happen to a good product (pocket knife 6) when the business side of it goes all wrong.

legend15x3
2005.08.05, 03:29 AM

So how much for your AMB? IS it AMBrc compatible?

briankstan
2005.08.05, 07:32 AM
I was told by support@corespeedway.com, through an email that they are hopfully shipping out today, they have some leagal stuff that need to get signed and it's in the lawers hands... Once it's signed they can ship the pre-orders. I'm not sure about anything further than that. I'm so excited :D

Brian

arch2b
2005.08.05, 08:06 AM
thanks for the update!

since i have one of the beta units for testing i do not get the same information as those who are or will be customers regaring updates as i obviously am not in the same situation. so, it's nice to get updates from you, the customers :p

briankstan
2005.08.05, 11:31 AM
thanks for the update!

since i have one of the beta units for testing i do not get the same information as those who are or will be customers regaring updates as i obviously am not in the same situation. so, it's nice to get updates from you, the customers :p

Well, they have been really good at responding to my questions via email. Then again I did pre-order. I don't think that they have every not replied to my emails. sometimes it takes a day or two, but I'm sure they are getting alot of emails.

We have a enduro scheduled for thurdsday so I hope to be using the core system for it. It will be too hard to count that many laps.

Brian

legend15x3
2005.08.05, 06:29 PM
Brian?

Where can i go to order one or preorder one? We start racing in about 3 weeks with our racing series and would like to have one for that night to start our series with? Do you mind if I ask you what you paid?

briankstan
2005.08.05, 10:14 PM
Brian?

Where can i go to order one or preorder one? We start racing in about 3 weeks with our racing series and would like to have one for that night to start our series with? Do you mind if I ask you what you paid?

Well I'm not sure if they are taking any more orders until it is released to their distributor, then you will have to buy from the distributor (I assume). I know there was a discount for pre-orders. I paid 499.00 for the timing system and the transponders were 6 for 49.00 (I think there was a 100.00 discount) I don't know if this is going to be their price though.

I suggest you send a email to support@corespeedway.com

they will have the answers that you are looking for.

Brian

Maxfield
2005.08.06, 12:32 PM
Please post if you've heard they are shipping your preorder. I preordered too, but haven't been sending them emails for updates. If you know they're being shipped for sure, please post the news.

Thanks. :)

briankstan
2005.08.14, 02:30 PM
Please post if you've heard they are shipping your preorder. I preordered too, but haven't been sending them emails for updates. If you know they're being shipped for sure, please post the news.

Thanks. :)

I sure will, it should be any time now.

Zrc
2005.08.22, 10:33 PM
Yee haw....finally heard from Core !! The e-mail was short but sweet and that's the problem.......no details. I could use some help ,especially from you Beta users. Core is only offering 1 particular system....on the website they used to have 3( I think) "versions" available. Has this changed?? Is there only 1 system available now??
No mention was made of the 2 different transponders being available. Does anyone know if the F1 transponders are available ??
Since there's not much info left on the website, can anyone describe what computer equipment will be necessary. I see they specify XP or Linux but how about hardware requirements?? Thanks all.

arch2b
2005.08.22, 10:46 PM
i believe you can order 3 sizes of transponders via email with core. i just bought a bunch recently, about 3 dozen of the regular ones.

i don't recall what the versions were.... i was always more involved with running it rather than looking to see what was selling it and when so i'm not in the best position to help with that. i have heard other pre-order people happy to hear they got word about their systems as well so it should not be long before everyone is posting. i can't wait really because there are still features i have yet to use or figure out.

laptops seem to have usb power issues but i have seen it work on one or two. i run it on a winxp, p3 700mhz, 256mb ram, 40gig hdd with 24mb video and it works well. this is below what core reccomended for a base system if i recall so anyone with anythign built within the last couple years should be fine. oh, he mentioned needing usb 2.0 ports. i have not tired 1.x ports as my ancient pc only had 2 which are taken by the mouse and scanner so i installed a 5 port usb 2.0 pci card and viola, works great. i don't know if it comes bundled with the 10' usb extension cable but i had to buy one adn they are not cheap. atelast not at best buy :rolleyes:

suggestions... when you install the software, save a backup of the data and library files so when you start adding custom race setups, images and sound files you have a instant access to original files incase you f something up or delete the wrong thing. hay, it happens :rolleyes:

like i said, once everyone start playing with thier setup, you will get alot of questions posted and bound to be some faq stuff going on so keep tuned to here. if it's one thing you can always count on it's snafu's and issues with anything pc related. it's a good thing there is already a core support forum :p

Zrc
2005.08.22, 11:09 PM
Thanks Arch !! That helped. 3 sizes of transponder??? I understand the "standard" size should fit most ,if not all, full bodied cars and the F1 size works under the front wing......so whats the 3rd size??

arch2b
2005.08.23, 05:50 AM
there are;
small = f1
medium = racer/overland/monster
large = 1:18

the large really aren't much bigger if i recall....

byebye
2005.08.23, 06:37 AM
Is there a price difference for the different sizes?

gasman1
2005.08.23, 07:48 AM
I received word yesterday that my system is being shipped this week.

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! no more counting laps

arch2b
2005.08.23, 06:38 PM
i can only assume there would be.

legend15x3
2005.08.23, 10:34 PM
So anyone know when a release date is for us other hand lap counting people? Or where we can order?

Sviny
2005.08.24, 02:28 AM
Got a mail from core:

"sorry not longer able to ship international - wait for Kyosho" This means no direct delivery to gemany :(

Again, I have to wait till Kyosho will be able to deliver - was the same with the rcp-tracks. this means another half year waiting and a higher price :( for european buyers.

Will the shop carry some of these (must have) lap counters??

Best regards from germany
Sviny

arch2b
2005.08.24, 05:53 AM
Got a mail from core:

"sorry not longer able to ship international - wait for Kyosho" This means no direct delivery to gemany :(

Again, I have to wait till Kyosho will be able to deliver - was the same with the rcp-tracks. this means another half year waiting and a higher price :( for european buyers.

Will the shop carry some of these (must have) lap counters??

Best regards from germany
Sviny
considering kyohso will be the world wide distrubuter i would only assume it's a certainty that this shop will get them in like any other kyosho product.

gasman1
2005.08.24, 06:16 AM

i can tell you I got a quote of $10 each for the F1 transponders from Core just 2 days ago

Zrc
2005.08.24, 07:01 AM
gasman is correct. I just got an e-mail last night saying the existing systems are being shipped with the large transponders only at $49 for 6 units. The small and medium sizes are $10 each. Accordingly.....what do you guys suggest?? From what has been reported, the small are for F1 cars and the mediums should be used on the regular Z cars. The large are normally for 1/18 . Do you Beta guys see any problem with using the supplied large units?? Obviously I'll be ordering some smalls also. Thanks.
BTW, they also said that these units were the "PRO" setup only. That answered the question about which "level" of unit we'd be getting.

Zrc
2005.08.24, 07:51 AM
Maybe this attachment will help.

briankstan
2005.08.24, 03:07 PM
Arch2B please Help, I received my core timing system today. I didn't get any software with it. is the software preloaded? Did they forget to put in in. I emailed core speedway but havn't heard back. I need to get this up and running before our race tomarrow.

I'm excited to receive it, but I need the software to run it.

any beta testers that can help me with this now?

Brian

briankstan
2005.08.24, 03:11 PM
UPDATE

I received an email reply from core support.

they will send me an email link to the software later today. I guess I paniced to soon.

Brian

Zrc
2005.08.24, 03:13 PM
So hows it look Brian !!!!???? Which transponders did you get??

briankstan
2005.08.24, 03:29 PM
So hows it look Brian !!!!???? Which transponders did you get??

It looks great, it's alot smaller than you expect.

I got mostly large transponders and a couple of the medium ones ( I beleive) that were a little bonus for pre-ordering and having to wait.

Once I get the software links and get everything installed and tested out I will post some pictures, videos and reviews. I am planning on using it at our race tomarrow. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

Look for my reviews in a couple of days

Brian

imxlr8ed
2005.08.24, 03:31 PM
Don't spontaneously combust now Briankstan !!! But I totally understand !

To quote Peter Griffin...

"This is gonna be freekin sweet !!!"

Gasman1 is my hero !!! :rolleyes: I haven't been this excited about anything for a while, this is gonna be the perfect addition to our club !!!

No real info. here, just blowing off steam ! :D

Zrc
2005.08.24, 04:38 PM
For those that have tried the system....Is the general concensus that the large transponders (45mm x 75mm) are just fine for Mini Z use ?? Or would it be better to use the medium size (45x 45mm) for touring cars shells??

imxlr8ed
2005.08.24, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure we used the 45 x 75's for the GTG... worked just fine, I put mine under the hood, with about a 1/3 of it behind the windshield. Self adhesive velcro square to install.