PDA

View Full Version : Lap Timing System Release

Pages : [1] 2

CoreAnalog
2004.10.12, 03:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

Go to www.corespeedway.com for details on the system.

Thanks,
-- Core Analog Team

arch2b
2004.10.12, 04:52 PM
how long will the testing phase continue? when will it be available for limited pre order?

so far it looks very exciting!

still no email re: beta testing :(

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 05:17 PM
I just got off the phone with Michael and CP MINI RC RACEWAY is going to be testing the Core Racing System hopefully by the end of his month.

TNB
2004.10.12, 06:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

Go to www.corespeedway.com for details on the system.

Thanks,
-- Core Analog Team

I would have called, but there is no phone number listed and much of the website links to work-in-progress pages. My question or questions are...

Dumb question, if the system "Supports track lane widths of up to 36 inches. Ideal for RCP-Tracks Wide-L and Mini-96 tracks" [ http://www.corespeedway.com/shop.html ] and a standard tile is 50 centimeters, can an RCP Track Wide L setup even be used or can a 50 centimeter blank tile be inserted? Are optional sensors available to "sense" across a 100cm or 150cm wide track?

50 centimeter = 19.6850394 inch [international, U.S.]
100 centimeter = 39.3700787 inch [international, U.S.]
150 centimeter = 59.0551181 inch [international, U.S.]

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm

If it is possible to time on a 3-wide RCP tile track, I may try it out.

CoreAnalog
2004.10.12, 07:06 PM
TNB,

The track width is measured inside rail to inside rail which I think is about 34" for
a normal 2 tile wide setup. We haven't tried designing the system for wider
lane widths yet since it's taken a lot of time to just develope the basic system.
Hopefully, what we have so far is okay for most home users. We are working on
a larger scale system geared for larger track setups but that is a bit further down
the road.

Regards,
-- CoreAnalog

TNB
2004.10.12, 07:28 PM
I guess everyone will have to slow down for the finish line. ;) The larger set up should also appeal to those running 1/18th scales on an RCP Track several tiles wide.

Draconious
2004.10.12, 07:30 PM
one could not rig up 2 start finish line gates end to end under the mats? -- the code should supoort DUAL S/F line gates... then u can use them for larger RC cars... larger tracks. :)

CoreAnalog
2004.10.12, 11:35 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the (1.8"x1.8") transponders, top and side views.
We also have (1.8"x3.0") transponders which have better pick up range. Both
easily fit inside the car. Here, I just attach it underneath the front windshield and
hood. The transponders have light adhesive on the backside which you can still
take off and adjust if needed. The transponders are also flexible and very thin.

Enjoy,
-- CoreAnalog

TNB
2004.10.13, 03:52 AM
If they are flexible, does that also mean that the transponders can be angled or formed to a body though the transponder will not be flat?

CoreAnalog
2004.10.13, 04:46 PM
If they are flexible, does that also mean that the transponders can be angled or formed to a body though the transponder will not be flat?

TNB,

Yes, they are very forgiving and can flex quite a bit before the read range is affected. I usually have
mine stuck under the hood where they are angled and bent up a bit under the windshield.

Regards,
--Core

TNB
2004.10.13, 04:54 PM
That's what I was thinking since it would probably be better to mount the transponder as far as up front as possible for a quicker read, which would mean the mounting surface would not be as flat as it would if it were attached to the roof interior of the body. Myself, I would probably use velcro to mount it since I have a vast number of RCs.

What about what Draconious wrote to expand the capabilities of the system so that it may handle wider tracks?

Draconious
2004.10.13, 05:36 PM
Hehe build the transponder into mini-Z Bumpers ;) cant get more upfront than that ;) -- although they woudl have to be durrable hehe... or maybe slide into a pocket on a bumper... so if bumper breaks u replace the shell etc.. silly but just a thought... I think they should be BLACK if they go inside the car under the windshield... I will presuem painting them is ok? ;) -- for cosmetic purposes... dark window with white behind it looks funky...

What concerns me is accuracy.... if they have a RANGE... then its not a direct LINE that they trigger on its an area near the reader... so is it at all possible that durring a near tie, a car that crosses first, could read as crossing after the other... asuming both cars are identical, and have transponder mounted in same spot?

I presume an ID can not be changed on the transponder? once its made? say some one makes two transponders.. puts one in the car, then another on another guys shoe.. and he "kicks" a ghost car acrosst he line to cheat? lol...

Could you test a worst case scenario: say some one makes an internal antenna for their Z... worste possible case is, the Z's antenna is wraped around the transponder lol... im curious if that would cause problems etc...

CoreAnalog
2004.10.13, 09:38 PM
Hehe build the transponder into mini-Z Bumpers ;) cant get more upfront than that ;) -- although they woudl have to be durrable hehe... or maybe slide into a pocket on a bumper... so if bumper breaks u replace the shell etc.. silly but just a thought... I think they should be BLACK if they go inside the car under the windshield... I will presuem painting them is ok? ;) -- for cosmetic purposes... dark window with white behind it looks funky...

What concerns me is accuracy.... if they have a RANGE... then its not a direct LINE that they trigger on its an area near the reader... so is it at all possible that durring a near tie, a car that crosses first, could read as crossing after the other... asuming both cars are identical, and have transponder mounted in same spot?

I presume an ID can not be changed on the transponder? once its made? say some one makes two transponders.. puts one in the car, then another on another guys shoe.. and he "kicks" a ghost car acrosst he line to cheat? lol...

Could you test a worst case scenario: say some one makes an internal antenna for their Z... worste possible case is, the Z's antenna is wraped around the transponder lol... im curious if that would cause problems etc...

Drac,

You can paint/write whatever you want on the transponders. As far as accuracy, our time
resolution is about 5ms. So, if you have 2 cars crossing within 5/1000th of a sec either car
may end up being registered first. Assumming 10mph, the distance gap between the cars
is about 1inch (It's all a blurr to me anyways when it's that close). It would have to be a
judgement call since it also depends on where they mounted the tag. The ID's can only be
changed during the fabrication process. You'll never see a duplicate ID in your lifetime
(at least from the same manufacturer). We haven't tried the internal antennas in our tests.
We did have a transponder with the antenna going through the center and it worked
fine. I'm sure Arch2b or CP Mini Raceway will put the system to good test once they get
their system within the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
--Core

Draconious
2004.10.14, 12:03 AM
if I had the money right now I'd test/review one... but I just cant afford to blow 400$ on things right now... sigh... any chance of a loaner that i can ship back? lol...

Draconious
2004.10.14, 12:18 AM
has it been tested at say... 60mph? ;) or more? :)

CoreAnalog
2004.10.14, 01:09 AM
has it been tested at say... 60mph? ;) or more? :)

I wish... We don't have anything that fast. The fastest cars we tested were a 1/18 scale
and a couple of Mini-Z's from PN racing. We gave them about a 50-60ft RCP track
runway to accelerate as fast as possible before crossing the sensors. We clocked the
cars through the speed trap at about 15mph. The max supported speed is based on
calculations.

--Core

TNB
2004.10.14, 01:43 AM
I have an 1/18th scale Xray M18 running a Castle Creations Mamba 8000Kv brushless motor with a 3-cell lipo. If it's speed you want, I could probably test that system since that set up in a Losi Mini-T was rated at 60+ mph according to Castle Creations.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.14, 07:48 AM
Well, since this is a Mini-Z forum and most of the people on here are almost completely mini-z only people, i'd say the chance that we'd ever go 60+ MPH on a track is... ummm... impossible, yes, that's the word i'm looking for ;) :p

Draconious
2004.10.14, 10:42 AM
Which is why I chose 60mph ... cuz it was unlikely... but if he said it worked at 60 that would give us all peace of mind knowing we wont ever lose a lap cuz we went over the gate too fast...

Put a transponder on a hocky puck, and fire a few past the start line ;) LOL... use 2 gates to judge the speed ;)

sando
2004.10.14, 12:16 PM
that means this system is only for mini-z or bigger ones?

RCPMini-z
2004.10.14, 12:26 PM
I personally tested the system with a few 1/64 scale cars and everything worked great. We just stuck the transponder on the roof.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.14, 12:59 PM
I personally tested the system with a few 1/64 scale cars and everything worked great. We just stuck the transponder on the roof.
Must have been hillarious looking to see that on the roof.

I doubt that anyone is going to spend $400+ dollars on a lap counting system to race some Bit Charg or ZipZaps, so I don't see why it would cater to that size really....

as for the hockey puck idea... that's not a bad idea at all, even if it was a joke. That could prove a very valid point. Good call Drac.

efsee
2004.10.14, 01:04 PM
Core, your system looks promising and I would dare to say that it might be as revolutionary to this industry as the RCP Tracks. Congratulations, and keep it up!

Now, I have a question regarding the system and the use of the relatively large transponders. Has anyone tired and fitted the transponders on the F1 Mini-Z's?

arch2b
2004.10.14, 01:06 PM
Core, your system looks promising and I would dare to say that it might be as revolutionary to this industry as the RCP Tracks. Congratulations, and keep it up!

Now, I have a question regarding the system and the use of the relatively large transponders. Has anyone tired and fitted the transponders on the F1 Mini-Z's?
could you not stick it to the bottom of the f1? i know there isn't much room but they are very thin and plyable. i wouldn't know where else to try...

efsee
2004.10.14, 01:09 PM
arch, that's the same place that occurred to me also, but I just wanted to know if anyone has actually tried, as the F1's are very close to the ground.

Another question: What type of detection loop does the system use?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.14, 01:21 PM
could you not stick it to the bottom of the f1? i know there isn't much room but they are very thin and plyable. i wouldn't know where else to try...
Arch, I know that they are thin but don't you think that if the edge of the transponder was any bit off of the chassis that it would hook in the rough side of the RCP? That's my feeling, the F1 is pretty low to the track.

There has got to be a way to use these with F1s... Maybe the solution is to scotch tape it to the bottom so that there are no edges to be hooked...

arch2b
2004.10.14, 01:37 PM
i think your right... you would certainly have to tap the leading edge atleast to prevent the lip of the tag catching the track.
i will be testing all this on:
monsters
f1s
mr-02s
mr-01s
cp cup car
xmods
iwavers
i would test an m18 but i don't have one yet and now that they are doing a truck, i'll likely get that instead (see mondo's post, very cool!)

it will be a LONG day but very fun none the less :p good thign byebye will be there to help ;)

byebye has some very fast fetted z's we can do some speed runs with as well.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.14, 01:42 PM
i think your right... you would certainly have to tap the leading edge atleast to prevent the lip of the tag catching the track.
i will be testing all this on:
monsters
f1s
mr-02s
mr-01s
cp cup car
xmods
iwavers
i would test an m18 but i don't have one yet and now that they are doing a truck, i'll likely get that instead (see mondo's post, very cool!)

it will be a LONG day but very fun none the less :p good thign byebye will be there to help ;)

byebye has some very fast fetted z's we can do some speed runs with as well.
Will you be permitted to take pictures / video. I'd love to see some macro shots of how you get it on the F1, as well as all the other Zs.

arch2b
2004.10.14, 01:59 PM
you know me better than to have to ask that :p i will no doubt have a new sub album up just for all that stuff. i have not heard anything from core regarding reviews and images but none the less i will clear it with him first.

i will post this as a reminder to myself as well....
get pictures of tag mounted on each chassis
get pictures of system components

i don't know that video would show you anything.... unless it's to view the stats on the screen to see how fast they are updated and those kinds of things. if you have any other requests, please post them and i will try to get to all of them.

Aaronnn
2004.10.14, 02:46 PM
f1? if it will not work on the bottom ( i think it will just fine)
then it will make for a really great rear wing :D

Draconious
2004.10.14, 03:32 PM
If I were to make a prediction, I would say that eventualy the transponders would be smaller, 99.99% of that is all antenna if I am not mistaken... one could maybe hack it to be smaller... or a rectangular shape or something... any way he might release smaller one day.. if I were to make a guess ;).

efsee
2004.10.14, 04:01 PM
Iíve been doing some measurements, and guess what? The battery plate of the F1ís is exactly 1.8Ē x 1.8Ē, just like the measurements of the transponder given by Core, which by the way the transponder in the picture seems to be longer than 1.8Ē.

Then I was thinking, that if you can put the transponder on the bottom of the F1 and still have enough clearance, which I think it has enough. Then why not place the transponder on the bottom of all the other Mini-Zís as well? As a matter of fact, a 1.8Ē x 1.8Ē transponder would fit perfectly bellow an MR-02 chassis, and almost as well on an MR-01 chassis. I guess this could be another placement option (as long as you donít need to change crystals), and if the detection loop is on the ground, you might have a better pick-up signal.

TNB
2004.10.14, 04:13 PM
I guess this could be another placement option (as long as you donít need to change crystals)
Like that would never happen during a race.

arch2b
2004.10.14, 04:13 PM
Iíve been doing some measurements, and guess what? The battery plate of the F1ís is exactly 1.8Ē x 1.8Ē, just like the measurements of the transponder given by Core, which by the way the transponder in the picture seems to be longer than 1.8Ē.

Then I was thinking, that if you can put the transponder on the bottom of the F1 and still have enough clearance, which I think it has enough. Then why not place the transponder on the bottom of all the other Mini-Zís as well? As a matter of fact, a 1.8Ē x 1.8Ē transponder would fit perfectly bellow an MR-02 chassis, and almost as well on an MR-01 chassis. I guess this could be another placement option (as long as you donít need to change crystals), and if the detection loop is on the ground, you might have a better pick-up signal.that's a good idea except that it covers both the xtal and on/off switch. so long as they remain significantly stick that you could remove and replace them frequently it wouldn't bother me.

Aaronnn
2004.10.14, 04:37 PM
for the F1 i wonder if it could go in the battery tray? instead of on the outside....

Draconious
2004.10.14, 05:46 PM
Then another possibiltiy, a built in hole on the transponder for the switch xtal LOL ;) hehe... and a magnet to hold it on? or a way for it to clip tot he chassis?

CoreAnalog
2004.10.14, 10:41 PM
Then another possibiltiy, a built in hole on the transponder for the switch xtal LOL ;) hehe... and a magnet to hold it on? or a way for it to clip tot he chassis?

You can easily cut out the center of the transponders. As far as the F1, the square transponder
actually fits nicely under the front end. We do have smaller transponders (0.9"x1.8") which we
use for the 1/64 scale Zip-Zaps :-) But, the range for the smaller tags is much shorter so the're
only good for the smaller cars which are closer to the ground (where the pickup loop is).

--Core

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.15, 12:18 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed this but putting the transponder on the bottom of the other models of Z's (other than the F1) would be pretty dumb, not to knock your idea. The reason it could go on the bottom of the F1 is because there is no where else to put it. But it would be near the rear of the car that it would be placed on the F1... on other mini-zs you could get the transponder closer to the front if you place it inside the car, on the autoscale. If you try to put it on bottom I thinkn that the steering would definitly get in the way and you would have to put it farther back. If i'm wrong, then i'm wrong. But I think that i'm right.

mini-z
2004.10.15, 12:35 PM
Arch, I know that they are thin but don't you think that if the edge of the transponder was any bit off of the chassis that it would hook in the rough side of the RCP? That's my feeling, the F1 is pretty low to the track.

There has got to be a way to use these with F1s... Maybe the solution is to scotch tape it to the bottom so that there are no edges to be hooked...

Or, use the Teflon Sheet to both solve the edge problem plus reduce friction if it does bottom out:

http://mini-zracing.com/blog/_archives/2004/9/17/143190.html

:cool:

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.15, 12:44 PM
Or, use the Teflon Sheet to both solve the edge problem plus reduce friction if it does bottom out:

http://mini-zracing.com/blog/_archives/2004/9/17/143190.html

:cool:
That's a good idea as well.
... Until we get someone on here to test it on an F1 then I guess we are just all going to have to wait... :(

TNB
2004.10.15, 12:51 PM
Either way it will change the F1 handling characteristics over an AMB-It personal transponder, but should remain closer in handling to an F1 without a transponder (if there is no drag with the "sticky" transponder).

Aaronnn
2004.10.15, 12:55 PM
Mini-z you just gave me a great idea....add teflon sheets to my order...btw how my order going?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.15, 12:59 PM
Either way it will change the F1 handling characteristics over an AMB-It personal transponder, but should remain closer in handling to an F1 without a transponder (if there is no drag with the "sticky" transponder).
Hmmm... until now I never even thought about the performance change. Are these things very heavy? I know that it would only take a few grams before you could actually change the handling, but i'm curious.

arch2b
2004.10.15, 01:28 PM
That's a good idea as well.
... Until we get someone on here to test it on an F1 then I guess we are just all going to have to wait... :(
patience grasshopper :p in a couple weeks hopefully i'll have tested every possible way of mounting them, including pictures. i can even get weights ;)

mini-z, the teflon strips are a great idea! i'll bee adding those to the next order ;)

CoreAnalog
2004.10.15, 01:38 PM
Hmmm... until now I never even thought about the performance change. Are these things very heavy? I know that it would only take a few grams before you could actually change the handling, but i'm curious.

The thickness of the transponder measured at its thickest point is only 0.014". It weighs about as
much as a piece of photo paper cut to the same size (< 0.5 gram) versus 22 grams for an AMB
transponder. The transponders are coated with a smooth polyethelene coat on the exposed
side which should provide some protection.

As far as placement goes, we recommend the transponders to be stuck under the front hood
for all cars except the F1. F1 should use the square transponder mounted below the front-end
as far forward under the bumper as possible.

--Core

arch2b
2004.10.15, 01:43 PM
The thickness of the transponder measured at its thickest point is only 0.014". It weighs about as
much as a piece of photo paper cut to the same size (< 0.5 gram) versus 22 grams for an AMB
transponder.

--Core
wow, nice!

do you have a recomended postition? would there be any benifit in reception in having it mounted on the bottom?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.15, 01:46 PM
transponder.

--Core
Thanks for sheding that light one it Core... I don't think that should affect handling at all, unless of course it hooks up on the RCP under an F1, which I doubt is a possibity if done correctly.

Arch, I'm glad that you will be posting pictures. I can't wait for them. That is going to be one hell of a time that you are going to have.

I can't wait to get a timing system for myself and my newly formed racers :) I really wish that I can something to beat, so the clock will have to do when I get one :D Until someone gets better than me (ouch) :D

arch2b
2004.10.15, 01:50 PM
i'm usually on the lower end of the lap count :o now i'll see just how far behind i am :rolleyes:

i have more fun trying to follow byebye than trying to keep ahead. it's a different type of pressure. either way i have fun and that's the goal for me

TNB
2004.10.15, 02:23 PM
either way i have fun and that's the goal for me
Agreed. ;)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.18, 06:12 PM
Agreed. ;)
It's definitly the name of the game.
It's sad when you see those guys who get so mad when they are 5 laps down, you know. I don't jump and scream at my car's performance when I run into the rail on turn 4 every single lap, I just try to improve and have fun.

DAMZer
2004.10.18, 06:47 PM
It's definitly the name of the game.
It's sad when you see those guys who get so mad when they are 5 laps down, you know. I don't jump and scream at my car's performance when I run into the rail on turn 4 every single lap, I just try to improve and have fun.

Just setting my car down and running gets me going, the more competition the better!!!!!!!!!!

If you aren't having fun, why bother, I didn't get into this to raise my blood pressure, just to have some freindly competition. I spend my funds and time to be competitive. If I had more time and lots more money, I'd shoot higher (more skill too). :D :o

TNB
2004.10.18, 07:25 PM
If I had more time and lots more money, I'd shoot higher (more skill too). :D :o
It would be sweet if we could all race full size F1s around the track. :D

Aaronnn
2004.10.18, 08:00 PM
we'ed better do that with speed limiters.....not to mention mine would need a expanded seat chamber (width & length)

TNB
2004.10.18, 08:30 PM
That's probably one reason the drivers are on a different diet from me and probably a few others. BTW Aaronn, nice F1 clan. ;)

Aaronnn
2004.10.19, 11:27 AM
i have enough, you think? by chance do you want to buy the yellow jordan? or trade me bodies?
i know, i know im like a train thats gone full circle....

TNB
2004.10.19, 11:49 AM
I already have all three Jordans. I may consider another 2003 RTR Jordan Ford just so I can mount the McLaren body, then again Tower had the P-Ts marked down so much and a new McLaren is coming out for the 2004 Season. That would complete my full set of RTR F1s since the CP Conversion is taking up one of the chassis.

Aaronnn
2004.10.19, 12:13 PM
let me know when that 04 McLaren is avail...i what to get one also...what number is kimi? i want to make sure i dont get that one!

ruknd@aol.com
2004.10.21, 02:30 PM
Any word on the transponder system? I'm ready to get a mini96 but want to wait if there is going to be a package deal with the system. On a side note...are teh mini off road tiles avaiolable and if so which configurations?

RCPMini-z
2004.10.21, 10:43 PM
I believe the timing system is almost ready for real race testing. I will find out when exactly it will be sent out to clubs and hobby stores for feedback.

Mini-96 kits are available in all off road texture. What size space are you looking to set a track up?

arch2b
2004.10.21, 10:48 PM
I believe the timing system is almost ready for real race testing. I will find out when exactly it will be sent out to clubs and hobby stores for feedback.

Mini-96 kits are available in all off road texture. What size space are you looking to set a track up?
cool :cool:

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.21, 10:51 PM

can't wait to hear about it

lightfighter
2004.10.22, 10:31 PM
what happend to the link

arch2b
2004.10.22, 10:36 PM
it's down for me too :confused:

CoreAnalog
2004.10.24, 03:01 PM
it's down for me too :confused:

The server suffered some hardware problems on friday.
It'll be back up today.

--Core

techno
2004.10.24, 03:33 PM
any more news on the release

arch2b
2004.10.27, 08:55 AM
i hope to have the system soon for testing. no exact dates, just soon. i'll be fiddling with the software first as it may be a week or so (after i receive the system) before byebye returns from turkey to schedule the next washington dc gtg.

TNB
2004.10.27, 12:40 PM
If you could, actually drive something that goes around 60 mph on the track. I'd like to know if the system could actually handle my Xray M18.

arch2b
2004.10.27, 02:27 PM
i could maybe do the hockey puck trick but i don't own anything that goes nearly that fast

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.27, 09:16 PM
Wow, your xray goes 60 mph... that's damn fast...

You don't want to hit something with the hockey puck though :o

TNB
2004.10.27, 10:31 PM
It's crazy fast. When I run it people just look at it and comment about how they can't believe how fast it runs. One time I was running it down the street into the wind and it caught a little air. Although I could see the front tires come up off the ground, I hit WOT and it flipped over end over end. It was so cool. And forget about rubber tires, they won't stay glued on. Foams all the way. However, I'll probably have to tame it down if I want to race it--Perhaps, drop it down to a 1 cell lipo instead of a 3 cell lipo. Before my next run, I also have to lower the timing.

Anyway, that's why I'd like to verify the accuracy of the timing system if possible.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.27, 10:59 PM
love how the stuff in the beginning of your post was like hair blazing fast and then at the end you were just said anyway, that's why i'd like to verify the accuracy of the timing system if possible... ROFLMAO... I must be tired :p

CoreAnalog
2004.10.28, 03:20 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just an update... Our website has gone through major changes and the stats server is online. Most beta sites will have their test units sent to them by the end of next week :-)
The software package will go out to the betas this friday.

Regards,
--Core Analog Team

arch2b
2004.10.28, 06:39 AM
the revamped site looks nice :cool:

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.28, 10:53 AM
i'll check it out when I get home I guess, have to take off now...
can't wait to see some screen shots of the software... *hint hint Arcd* :D

arch2b
2004.10.28, 11:36 AM
their site has some screen shots already

Aaronnn
2004.10.28, 01:11 PM
what the...?
"we are no longer accepting beta testers"
just great...i didnt even they were looking....
well arch2 let me know when its avail.....

TNB
2004.10.28, 03:18 PM
More like beta "purchasers" from my understanding based on another post.

arch2b
2004.10.28, 03:40 PM
i don't mind purchasing the system. it's being developed with/for rcp track packages and john did a great job with the rcp tracks so i doubt he would sign on with anything less than just as great so to speak.

TNB
2004.10.28, 03:58 PM
I agree about the track. However, I ran on the track prior to purchase. I also purchased Windows ME once too and that was a joke. Then it was Windows 2000 and XP Pro. Sometimes that still seems like a joke. ;)

arch2b
2004.10.28, 04:07 PM
i understand your point and it has it's merits but.... this is the way it is. it beats paying more for the lap z which has transponders powered by the chassis.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.28, 05:08 PM
Well, Arch, as a friend of mine here I surely hope that you get your money's worth with this deal... i'm scared that it will be a very buggy beta test package that you will get and be disapointed with. I hope that I am wrong.

Maxfield
2004.10.28, 05:45 PM
Arch -

I'm looking forward to this system also and have faith in John's evaluation of the system if he's added RCP's name to it. Let me know if CoreAnalog wants another beta buyer, eh?

We're waiting for the review!!

arch2b
2004.10.28, 05:48 PM
Well, Arch, as a friend of mine here I surely hope that you get your money's worth with this deal... i'm scared that it will be a very buggy beta test package that you will get and be disapointed with. I hope that I am wrong.
i'm confident that core wouldn't release a real buggy beta and charge for it to boot. i'm sure he understnds that it will get thoroughly reviewed here as well as many other forums and wouldn't purposely subject himself and product to certain negative review

wcrotty
2004.10.28, 11:17 PM
CoreAnalog,

I was wondering if you got my email?

thanks

Bill Crotty

CoreAnalog
2004.10.29, 12:54 AM
CoreAnalog,

I was wondering if you got my email?

thanks

Bill Crotty

Hello Bill,

Yes, we got it... I'll be contacting you directly shortly. Sorry for not responding sooner.

Regards,
--Core

Draconious
2004.10.29, 05:49 AM
ill beta the software if possible to do it with out the lap counter... toss in a few ideas maybe... even though I am paranoid about other peoples EXE files LOL LOL

CoreAnalog
2004.10.29, 12:37 PM
ill beta the software if possible to do it with out the lap counter... toss in a few ideas maybe... even though I am paranoid about other peoples EXE files LOL LOL

Yes, that's possible... We're going to send out the software sometime today to the
beta sites. It'll be in a special test mode that will allow you to play with the features
without having the hardware present. Just email us with your contact info (support at
corespeedway.com). We have both Win XP and Linux versions so let us know what
you want.

Thanks,
--Core

arch2b
2004.10.31, 04:27 PM
i received a test version of the software early so i could get used to it and get a chance play with the graphics :cool: it's very easy to customize the interface.
here (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album398/core_setup.jpg) is a very quick edit using an image form my gallery modified with adobe elements of the main setup screen

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 12:55 AM
i received a test version of the software early so i could get used to it and get a chance play with the graphics :cool: it's very easy to customize the interface.
here (http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album398/core_setup.jpg) is a very quick edit using an image form my gallery modified with adobe elements of the main setup screen
Damn, that looks sweet for a lap counting software package... I was expecting white on white with a little white... oh yeah and boring font in there somewhere.

I sent in my request to beta test the software without the hardware, have not gotten a response back yet. Have you Drac?

I wonder if they will sell the software seperate for other lap counting systems if people like it a lot...

Draconious
2004.11.01, 01:43 AM
they are likely flooded with emails, its also a weekend ;) and a holiday ;) -- and I sent one of my ideas in the first email... something if I get my way, I will require the counter/sensors to do ;). (not race related, just an auxilery function/use)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 02:02 AM
Would you let me know when/if they respond to your email so that I know if they just blow me off, lol...

Draconious
2004.11.01, 03:11 AM
LoL almost imediatly after replyign to that I got a email lol...

they prolly going through a long line of emails like any one else does ;)

arch2b
2004.11.01, 06:38 AM
Would you let me know when/if they respond to your email so that I know if they just blow me off, lol...
patience grasshopper.... it took me awhile to get responses so they are busy;) i'm sure like drac said they are flooded with emails

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 04:47 PM
anxious nontheless :D

wcrotty
2004.11.01, 04:58 PM
I received my software and now i am testing the functionality.

I'm really not interested in the graphics part of the application.

The networking feature looks neat. But now we need a remote
tech inspector to see if the other racing is cheating. :)

arch2b
2004.11.01, 05:40 PM
the functionality looks very nice although i haven't used timing software before. so far i've found it to be very user friendly and easy to use. i can't actually add cars without the tags but from all the tags to fill in it gives you plenty of options.

the networking is for the uploading of stats, remote location racing, etc correct? i haven't had it connect to anything so still not sure of it's use.

the average home user will enjoy the graphics portion as it gives them the opportiunity to personalize the software. it's a very good bonus tool in my opinion.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 05:41 PM
can't wait to test it myself...

TNB
2004.11.01, 06:25 PM
I received my software and now i am testing the functionality.
Awaiting your full review and unbiased opinion. ;)

terraz
2004.11.03, 12:14 AM
Hope the price we can get the units for will be a lot less, before the stores get it.
I assume Core will notify us here before it does, and give us the oportunity for a discount. :D

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.03, 01:20 AM
Hope the price we can get the units for will be a lot less, before the stores get it.
I assume Core will notify us here before it does, and give us the oportunity for a discount. :D
We're all hoping that Terraz :rolleyes:

arch2b
2004.11.03, 06:36 AM
you can visit the site to find out too :p

wcrotty
2004.11.03, 02:12 PM
Really if you think about it. A counter with software for $499 is a great price. Most software packages range from $200 - 1000 on their own.

Also the networking feature is going to rock. You can race people from all
around the country at the same time. Perfect for home users that have
tracks and want to race other people.

Transponders are very cheap at around $4 each. You can have one for
each car. My AMB transponders were $70 each and i have 3 of them. ouch.

I think this lap counting system will be the best thing for mini z cars since
the RCP track system came out.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.03, 07:11 PM
BTW, i've got my software as of earlier today. I can't disclose anything more, but just wanted to let you know that the beta testers should have something now. ;)

TNB
2004.11.04, 01:07 AM
You can race people from all around the country at the same time. Perfect for home users that have tracks and want to race other people.
Do you have any Z attack cats? I may need a few handicap laps. ;)

arch2b
2004.11.04, 06:32 AM
you could put a trag on the cat's collar and race/chase them ;)

TNB
2004.11.04, 12:14 PM
Bennie would love that, but Tigger is smarter--he waits for the crash then pounces.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.04, 01:32 PM
That would be really funny, Jade wouldn't go for that though... she likes to cause the crashes before pouncing :o

techno
2004.11.06, 06:55 PM
anymore word on when anxiously waiting

lightfighter
2004.11.15, 08:59 AM
It's crazy fast. When I run it people just look at it and comment about how they can't believe how fast it runs. One time I was running it down the street into the wind and it caught a little air. Although I could see the front tires come up off the ground, I hit WOT and it flipped over end over end. It was so cool. And forget about rubber tires, they won't stay glued on. Foams all the way. However, I'll probably have to tame it down if I want to race it--Perhaps, drop it down to a 1 cell lipo instead of a 3 cell lipo. Before my next run, I also have to lower the timing.

Anyway, that's why I'd like to verify the accuracy of the timing system if possible.

sounds like we have to race...........although I'm not brushless as of yet ........I'm easiely putting down Sub 60 mph runs with 280 BB Neo mag Beta motor that I put together........frigging xray is amazing.........we need at least 2x24 inch tile lanes and detection strip to go with them for the 1/18th scale cars

TNB
2004.11.15, 12:12 PM
If you want to race, then you'll need to come down here since I don't care to go back up to Detroit anytime soon. There are a lot of tracks in the area, including a 1/4 scale track here if you really want to test your Xray out. And since you have that CIB for an avatar, we can also visit a few veteran's clubs if you are a member and want to stop in.

lightfighter
2004.11.15, 03:48 PM
CIB(DS-1 and Somolia) and I'm still active so my Id card should be good enough :D next time I'm headed out there I will let you know

TNB
2004.11.15, 05:02 PM
My Green Card expired long ago. :D And the last time I volunteered for active duty, I couldn't pass the hearing test. Now, I'd have to loose some poundage since I have an extra parachute if you know what I mean.

techno
2004.11.15, 05:48 PM
whats the status I really want to get this please keep us informed when do you expect to start shipping

arch2b
2004.11.15, 05:57 PM
i still haven't received the actual system so it will be awhile longer ;)

wcrotty
2004.11.15, 06:16 PM
So far I know of arch, Eric from CP and my self from tc hobbies are testing out the software. No one has the hardware yet but we hope soon. Core has been very responsive on the feedback we have given.

lightfighter
2004.11.15, 06:55 PM
I begged him for a test system too.......I'm willing to pay the retail price upfront :rolleyes:

TNB
2004.11.15, 07:35 PM
I didn't beg, but I did inquire and I know of at least one other person who commented about the beta tester program being closed.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.15, 08:13 PM
I have been beta testing the software for a little while now... don't know much about what is giong on with the hardware side of things, I thought that Arch was going to get his a while back, wasn't expecting it to be this long.

arch2b
2004.11.15, 08:28 PM
So far I know of arch, Eric from CP and my self from tc hobbies are testing out the software. No one has the hardware yet but we hope soon. Core has been very responsive on the feedback we have given.
i agree... i think core has been very open to suggestions and comments thus far which is a very good thing. so if your one of the test people, be sure to email core with any comments/questions/suggestions.

CoreAnalog
2004.11.15, 10:03 PM
Hello All,

Please give us a little bit of time to fully test and improve things. We've added almost
all of the suggestions/changes that the beta (software) testers have given us. If there
is a feature you would like to see, email support at corespeedway.com with your
suggestions.

As far as hardware, CP Mini Raceway will have their test unit in house on Wed or Thur.
Other beta sites should receive theirs by Thur or Fri.

-- Core

arch2b
2004.11.15, 10:14 PM
core, i made this one just for you ;)
see me (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album194/IMG_3568)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.15, 10:17 PM
Core, have you updated the software for beta testers? Is there a newer version to download?

CoreAnalog
2004.11.17, 01:16 AM
Nice pic Arch :-) You'll have fun racing over the thanksgiving week. Your system will ship
FedEx on Wed.

Twenty, there will no longer be test versions of the software. The new version does not
have the special test mode and will require a real core racing system hooked up to your
computer in order to use it. We may release a free version in the future that supports
manual (keyboard) lap counting and a RCP track editor... But, no promises (we are really
backed-up at the moment).

Here's a pic of the beta unit...

--Core

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.17, 05:40 PM
Nice pic Arch :-) You'll have fun racing over the thanksgiving week. Your system will ship
FedEx on Wed.

Twenty, there will no longer be test versions of the software. The new version does not
have the special test mode and will require a real core racing system hooked up to your
computer in order to use it. We may release a free version in the future that supports
manual (keyboard) lap counting and a RCP track editor... But, no promises (we are really

--Core
Any idea on a price point? Will it be out for Christmas shipping...if so this may move to the top of my list

lightfighter
2004.11.17, 07:54 PM
FedEx on Wed.

--Core

Core you should toss some slotcar track support into your software there is a pretty big demand for some decent software

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.17, 11:02 PM
Very clean unit.... looking more and more promising.

If this thing seems to do the job i'm going to have to finally throw in the towel for a good lap counting system :D

CoreAnalog
2004.11.18, 02:09 AM
lightfighter,

For slot cars, I gues the antenna would have to be mounted on a bridge over the cars.
That should not be a problem. Though, we're focused on under the track setups.

ruknd,

The retail prices is $499 and includes 6 transponders. My guess is that we will open up
for preorders within the next couple of weeks. Units should ship by mid Dec if you're
first on list. We do have a backlog of a few hobby shops that would get first priority.

BTW, we'll be at the RCP g2g with a few systems. So, you'll be able to see them in
action there. Also, if you come to the g2g we'll provide free transponders for the cars
you bring :-)

--Core

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.18, 12:07 PM
lightfighter,

For slot cars, I gues the antenna would have to be mounted on a bridge over the cars.

ruknd,

The retail prices is $499 and includes 6 transponders. My guess is that we will open up
for preorders within the next couple of weeks. Units should ship by mid Dec if you're
first on list. We do have a backlog of a few hobby shops that would get first priority.

BTW, we'll be at the RCP g2g with a few systems. So, you'll be able to see them in
action there. Also, if you come to the g2g we'll provide free transponders for the cars

--Core

Is this at all portable. So I cant setit up and take it down with my track? Also, would it be possible to take it to a track and use it for lets say 1/10 buggy practice?

lightfighter
2004.11.18, 09:09 PM
lightfighter,

ruknd,

--Core

I was thinking you could rig up different interface.......my slot car track uses some IR emiters and detectors in the track and when the beam is broken the circut gets closed and it register a lap similar to the laser beam and photo cell system

not the best pic but you can see the bridge

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/lightfighter/RC%20projects/conshot2.gif

terraz
2004.11.22, 02:36 PM
I have heard the 499 retail price before, We are getteing close to the retail release date but I still have not heard any PRE-Order Price for us, IS there going to be one????

Maxfield
2004.11.23, 07:06 AM
How about a review from someone also? This was mentioned weeks ago.

pchan0
2004.11.23, 04:58 PM
I'm waiting for the release of this lap counting system, but in the meantime I'm using my personal lap counting system from Team Orion (http://www.teamorion.com/products/pro_lcs.asp). Here is the transponder inside the car, not that big too. :cool:

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.23, 05:04 PM
I'm waiting for the release of this lap counting system, but in the meantime I'm using my personal lap counting system from Team Orion (http://www.teamorion.com/products/pro_lcs.asp). Here is the transponder inside the car, not that big too. :cool:

Ohhh.how is that one? Is it the purple one for like $200 or so?

And does teh shop carry that rear round shock?

wcrotty
2004.11.23, 05:26 PM
I just got word that the lap counter will be in tomorrow.

TNB
2004.11.23, 09:18 PM
Does that mean you'll be running Zs instead of cooking? ;) I'll probably cater something for the hairy kids and me since I decided to stay in town this year. :)

arch2b
2004.11.23, 10:25 PM
me too :p :D

wcrotty
2004.11.23, 11:08 PM
cook.......me no way. people want to eat the food. :) But yes i will be testing over turkey day.

arch2b
2004.11.23, 11:09 PM
cook.......me no way. people want to eat the food. :) But yes i will be testing over turkey day.
me too :p :cool:

wcrotty
2004.11.23, 11:21 PM
I do wish i was in vegas though....and do some gambling

TNB
2004.11.23, 11:33 PM
I do wish i was in vegas though....and do some gambling
Although I wouldn't join you in gambling, you could join me on the track. Lots of turns, off-road tiles, and a few blanks. ;) "We" could even make it larger by moving the off-road track and running straights out the bay door. :D

wcrotty
2004.11.24, 09:07 PM
TNB,

that would be a blast. Next time i goto vegas i will bring my miniz.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.24, 09:22 PM
Although I wouldn't join you in gambling, you could join me on the track. Lots of turns, off-road tiles, and a few blanks. ;) "We" could even make it larger by moving the off-road track and running straights out the bay door. :D

Not a smart thing to post...you may have the whole forum in Vegas...or maybe that is a good thing to post

TNB
2004.11.24, 09:46 PM
As long as I have the track setup, there is always room for Bill. After all, he doesn't need as much room as I do on the track since he drives much better than I do. ;)

arch2b
2004.11.24, 09:57 PM
sadly mine did not arrive today as expected :(

wcrotty
2004.11.24, 09:59 PM
My counter showed up today with no problem it was setup in 5 minutes. The first thing i noticed is the size of the counter. Very small.

In no time i was simulating races with 5 cars and saved all my data in the transponder.

I will be testing on the track tomorrow night.

wcrotty
2004.11.24, 10:04 PM
TNB,

I would be honored to race at your track. If you are ever in the NH area we would love to have you at our track.

arch2b
2004.11.24, 10:07 PM
same goes for the d.c. crew :p we would love to get any of you guys here.

CoreAnalog
2004.11.24, 10:24 PM
sadly mine did not arrive today as expected :(

Arch2b,

I checked your tracking number on ups.com ealier today and it listed your package
as delivered. Did you double check with the local UPS office? Hopefully, we didn't
mislabel your address.

--Core

arch2b
2004.11.24, 10:35 PM
Arch2b,

I checked your tracking number on ups.com ealier today and it listed your package
as delivered. Did you double check with the local UPS office? Hopefully, we didn't
mislabel your address.

--Core
i left town (to go to my parent's/track) for the holiday weekend hoping to get the hardware before i left. i even waited till 3:30pm and the mail typicall comes between 1-2pm so chances are it came after i left. i have to swing thru the area on the way to another dinner friday so i'll check to see it i just missed it. if it's there, i hope to hit byebye's new track so i'll take it with me and try it on mine sun. briefly.

btw, did you get my email regarding the software?

TNB
2004.11.25, 06:52 PM
Thanks Bill and arch2b.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.25, 11:57 PM
Can't wait to get some reviews and pictures...

by the way happy belated thanks giving I think... I don't know the date of the American thanks giving... either way, good turkeyness ;)

arch2b
2004.11.26, 08:59 AM
i'm going to pass by the house today and pick up the box :p

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.26, 02:41 PM
bet you're excited as hell ;)

techno
2004.11.26, 04:03 PM
I just bought a new lap top for the timming system im ready for this thing i hope the wait will be worth it i too cant wait for reviews

Blackno3
2004.11.27, 06:30 PM
Cp mini raceway received is core system on Wednesday but with the Holiday weekend I wonít be able to test it until Tuesday.

Blackno3
2004.12.02, 08:08 PM
Iíve been testing the core system and all I can say is its fricking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Iím working with them by giving them feed back on the software. The hardware works great and the software is coming along fast. We are getting software updates often do to are feed back. Stay tuned.

RCPMini-z
2004.12.02, 08:26 PM
Great to hear Eric. I tested the system a few months ago and it really appeared to be top notch. I believe it will be the wave of the future in Micro RC lap timing. Look forward to your results and testing input.

For those of you who are new to the Core system, you can get more information at their website www.corespeedway.com. Go to the "shop" page for details on the system.

arch2b
2004.12.02, 08:38 PM
i got mine working but bad timing right now...the wife is working weekends for xmas money so i get to play mr.mom which doesn't leave time to go to the track :(

core has been amazingly open to comments/questions/suggestions and ideas :D it's been great working with him :p

Maxfield
2004.12.03, 02:53 AM
Well, the CoreSpeedway site states that they are taking preorders after the Thanksgiving week. Anyone know if this is true and how to contact them? (I realize CoreAnalog has been posting to this thread, but I don't think it's meant for a business venue.) Will there be a discounted price for these as mentioned earlier?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.03, 08:10 AM
How big is the box? Think it would be much to ship to Canada? Usually isn't that much more than shipping within the states.

arch2b
2004.12.03, 08:54 AM
How big is the box? Think it would be much to ship to Canada? Usually isn't that much more than shipping within the states.
it was shipped to me in a box about the size of a 1.5" 3 ring binder. the actual size of the unit is given on core's website. i think you'll be surprised at how small it really is ;) i don't think shipping we present a problem to anywhere really.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.03, 09:01 AM
That's nice... Just trying to figure out the total aproximate price so that I can beg the better half ;)

arch2b
2004.12.03, 09:03 AM
i have pictures... if it's ok, with core i can post them?

efsee
2004.12.03, 11:37 AM
Yes!, some more pictures would be nice. Specially on how you placed the transponders in each type of Mini-Z, and how you installed/connected the lap counting system, loop, etc.

I'm just waiting for Core to actually release the pre-order price and date...

byebye
2004.12.03, 12:39 PM
I look forward to testing it again. The trasnponders are prefect size. The system is really travel friendly I think.

arch2b
2004.12.03, 01:50 PM
pictures will be released with the actual prodcution units. when those are released, pictures will be as well.

terraz
2004.12.03, 03:25 PM
Are we talking abought the disconuted ones or the retail ones.... Still have not heard any pre retail price.....

latency
2004.12.05, 03:04 PM
pictures will be released with the actual prodcution units. when those are released, pictures will be as well.

Can't wait for the system to be released. I like what I am reading on the hardware, now the only other piece will be the software. I am hoping the software can do some fairly simple bits, like re-sorts, adding drivers after initial sort, and some other tasks that are essential for hosting larger races. Have not read any details on that so far.

Does anyone know, will this be compatible with other software packages like Jlap or Autoscore? There are so many features in each of those packages that really make hosting races a much easier in the long run. I am very excited on this new system, can not wait to get my hands on one. :)

:p

THRC Dan
2004.12.12, 10:16 PM
On the same note, I'm wondering if the core software will work with other timing hardware like KO, or A&B

It sounds like a really nice system, congrats to Core for coming up with something that almost anyone can afford. It will certainly take local racing to a new level!

CoreAnalog
2004.12.12, 11:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

No, the system is not compatible with other racing software. However, we are
currently adding all of the necessary features to make the system be capable of
holding large events. We are getting direct feedback from our beta tests sites
which do host big events. So, with their feedback we will develop a complete
software package which will be included for free with the Core Racing System.

We could add support for the older AMB and KO ARC systems but I can only see
demand dwindling for those systems because of the huge costs. We probably can't
justify spending the resources to add support for nothing in return since we do
not charge for our software.

--Core

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.12, 11:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

No, the system is not compatible with other racing software. However, we are
currently adding all of the necessary features to make the system be capable of
holding large events. We are getting direct feedback from our beta tests sites
which do host big events. So, with their feedback we will develop a complete
software package which will be included for free with the Core Racing System.

We could add support for the older AMB and KO ARC systems but I can only see
demand dwindling for those systems because of the huge costs. We probably can't
justify spending the resources to add support for nothing in return since we do
not charge for our software.

--Core
After slightly over a year my Vaio noteboom is about to die...and I'm thinking Mac...will core suppot it?

CoreAnalog
2004.12.14, 12:19 AM
ruknd,

Sorry, but we won't support MAC's anytime soon. I know they are better machines...
But, we barely can support the Windows version. Believe me, if the decision were
only based on the OS, we would be supporting only Linux and MAC. However, since
most people buy wintel machines we must support it :-(

--Core

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.14, 12:47 AM
ruknd,

Sorry, but we won't support MAC's anytime soon. I know they are better machines...
But, we barely can support the Windows version. Believe me, if the decision were

--Core
Well then when I get a new puter I'll have to clear the vaio and use it as a core only computer. In teh meantime...the vaio works.

RCPMini-z
2004.12.20, 02:29 PM
It was a great day at the RCP g2g yesterday. Mostly dominated by 1/18 scale, but a few Mini-z's held there ground and even some CP Cup cars made it into the fun racing heats. The owner of Core was there and had the new lap timing system set up for all the races. The system performed perfect, without any missed lap. I was amazed at the racing program and all the features that have been added to it in the last month, thanks to some of the pro mini-z drivers who are giving their support. The transponders used where a credit card size piece of paper. They fit nicely under the hood of the MIni-Z's. It just took a few seconds to install. If all goes as planned, Core should have a production system ready for sale next month.

arch2b
2004.12.20, 02:42 PM
wish i could have been there :p

hopefully someone got pictures or video?

techno
2004.12.20, 03:47 PM
Techno starts a mad chant!!! pics!pics!pics!pics!pics!pics!pics!pics!pics!

Ryan Gardner
2005.02.02, 10:31 PM
ruknd,

--Core

Have you seen the new Mac Mini? That thing would be perfect for a portable system to run lap timing stuff... The entire system is smaller than most external CD/DVD drives... we're talking SMALL... And it's only $500...

NT2
2005.02.03, 09:41 AM
Core, RCP; will the transponders fit the F1s, given they are Credit Card sized, where would they fit in an F1?

arch2b
2005.02.03, 10:51 AM
i would imagine the only place to fit one would be to tape it to the bottom of the chassis without causing any drag problems.

bolter9
2005.02.03, 11:27 AM
Have you seen the new Mac Mini? That thing would be perfect for a portable system to run lap timing stuff... The entire system is smaller than most external CD/DVD drives... we're talking SMALL... And it's only $500...

That would be sweet hooked up to a projector!

I prefer Macs myself...As far as OSX compatibility, just run virtual PC on your Mac.

RCPMini-z
2005.02.03, 11:34 AM
i would imagine the only place to fit one would be to tape it to the bottom of the chassis without causing any drag problems.

You can cut a square out of the center of the transponder and place it over the driver. We did this in Rialto. To make it more secure, you could laminate the transponder to a thin piece of plastic and hold it to the F1 using velcro. I have some pictures of this installation that I can email you. Not sure if I can put it out on open forum. Need to contact Core.

ruf
2005.02.03, 11:41 AM
You can cut a square out of the center of the transponder and place it over the driver.So the whole "card" isn't actually necessary to the transponder? Is there any way that CORE can make a small footprint version (or can we cut down the stock ones) to be more like that of a traditional AMB unit? One of the reasons Mini-Z is so popular is the scale appearance. I don't know of many racecars that run with picnic tables balanced on the roof or on the driver's head... :rolleyes:

arch2b
2005.02.03, 11:42 AM
laminating the transponder? could be a good idea considering the size and material.

that has to look odd on an f1.... worse than the amb box stuck to the front end. well, you can mold them to the body in a manner of speaking which might help.

arch2b
2005.02.03, 11:45 AM
you should be able to trim it slightly along the perimter but not to the extent your suggesting. most of the inner portion is dead space which is why rcp suggest trimming that out however that makes for a very unappealing visual presence.

i still think a bottom application might be better. i have to test it yet.... my f1 has a fried fet board so it's not being run :( for the cup car i just tape it to the top of the chassis

ruf
2005.02.03, 11:51 AM
Someone recommended sandwiching on top of the clear bumper and under the front wing.

RCPMini-z
2005.02.03, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=ruf) I don't know of many racecars that run with picnic tables balanced on the roof or on the driver's head... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The transponder is a piece of paper. I would not consider it a picnic table and it wouldn't balance on top of the drivers head. It would attach to the F1 body with the plastic driver head sticking through it. I don't think it looks that bad and should be OK for F1 racing as an option to placing it under the chasis.

arch2b
2005.02.03, 12:18 PM
rcp,
would laminating the transponder damage it in any way?

TNB
2005.02.03, 12:36 PM
Perhaps this was already covered, perhaps not. I just don't know since I haven't kept up with this thread in a while, but if the "transponder" is basically made from paper and is a type of sticker, why can't it just be stuck to the inside of the F1 body shell if the center can be cut out? Does it have to remain flat? I simply picture something like the Kyosho internal antennas or will the electronics and alloy cause too much interference for the timing system?

ruf
2005.02.03, 01:07 PM
As I understand it, the transponder looks like an id card.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.03, 01:17 PM
transponder on the bottom...I dont like that idea...what about on teh back side of the wing with velcro?

I just saw the new Mac at J&R yesterday...damn that thing is about the size of two autoscaled side by side....amazing. Unfortunately, as I recall I asked about that and core said PC only. Not sure how mac in dos or whatever its called will work....

ruf
2005.02.03, 01:29 PM
I think the Mac Mini is cool, BUT realistically you should just run a laptop with a lap counting system. When you add keyboard, mouse and monitor, the footprint of the Mac Mini "package" becomes more than that of a laptop. A laptop would provide a smaller footprint and more portability. The Mac Mini is intended more as a workstation, always fixed, long hours (full size monitor and keyboard). These qualities really aren't necessary in a lap counter. And you can always hook up a projector to a laptop as well. While I think that the Mac Mini is very enticing, it's just not the right product for this application even if you could get the software to work.

arch2b
2005.02.03, 01:30 PM
Perhaps this was already covered, perhaps not. I just don't know since I haven't kept up with this thread in a while, but if the "transponder" is basically made from paper and is a type of sticker, why can't it just be stuck to the inside of the F1 body shell if the center can be cut out? Does it have to remain flat? I simply picture something like the Kyosho internal antennas or will the electronics and alloy cause too much interference for the timing system?
it's a size issue really. the transponders are very thin and flexible so your options are much more open than with something like the amb transponder.

someone will have to try that out tnb, it sounds like the logical thing to do.

run- why not hte bottom? it will not fit the wing if your referring to the rear spoiler

ruf
2005.02.03, 01:37 PM
run- why not hte bottom?Ride height on these things is <3mm. Even if the transponder is <1mm, you are taking away a good percentage of clearance from the chassis. This would have serious effects on handling whether or not you compensated for the change with ride height. I also don't know how well the transponder would hold up to constant abrasion, even if most of us do run on foam tracks.

Is there any way to cut or fold these things up? The footprint is just way too big for this scale.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.03, 01:49 PM
run- why not hte bottom? it will not fit the wing if your referring to the rear spoiler
I was thinking it would be small enough to put behind the wing...but if its too big it will create drag too....what about on the front or will it interfere with the wheels?

I dont liek teh botton because of teh lack of ground clearance.

the Mac mini is cool but I agreea bout a laptop beign best...I bought a sony Viao laptop last year and it was a waste of $2500...the thing is an overheatign crashing POS...crashes more times than I do on an RC track :p. So I was liking the Apple NBs but I'd like to run a core system on it too....

then again J&R had refurbed IMBs which would be more than adequate for an RC only laptop at $500....

arch2b
2005.02.03, 01:50 PM
even if you cover it in a plastic sheet, it's only as thick 110lb paper or card stock at most. you would have to laminate it with some serious plastic to get it 1mm thick.

i don't think abrasion is a problem so long as you cover it with packing tape even.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.03, 02:00 PM
can it be rolled?

arch2b
2005.02.03, 02:09 PM
yes, but it's unknown if that will effect reception. i guess i'll have to try it this weekend.

Big_L
2005.02.20, 01:32 PM
So the whole "card" isn't actually necessary to the transponder? Is there any way that CORE can make a small footprint version (or can we cut down the stock ones) to be more like that of a traditional AMB unit? One of the reasons Mini-Z is so popular is the scale appearance. I don't know of many racecars that run with picnic tables balanced on the roof or on the driver's head... :rolleyes:
Yeah, with somebodies , we have to run our luggage rack looking AMB transponder on the roofs of our car. :D And for the poor guys that can't afford personal AMB, they have to use the loaners which are twicw as big and very hard to mount. The loaners are so heavy, pendind where you place it, you'll traction roll, or have a serious push. :(

Big_L
2005.02.20, 01:42 PM
For us last night here in NorCal, we got our first chance to use the Core timing system. Phil from PN Racing brouht it to our local track. We ran a few races. I like the transponder, it's a size of a business card, we couldn't really manipulate them to fit our cars because they were loaners. By holding it up to the light you can see the internals of the transponder. It's very simply, and I know in the future they can get them to at least have the current size. Can't wait until this timing system is available to the general public! I want one! :) Just wanted to say "Thank You" to Phil for the prizes for Friday night races and for last night for giving us the oppurtunity to test out the new timing system.

Roger
2005.02.20, 04:29 PM
For us last night here in NorCal, we got our first chance to use the Core timing system. Phil from PN Racing brouht it to our local track. We ran a few races. I like the transponder, it's a size of a business card, we couldn't really manipulate them to fit our cars because they were loaners. By holding it up to the light you can see the internals of the transponder. It's very simply, and I know in the future they can get them to at least have the current size. Can't wait until this timing system is available to the general public! I want one! :) Just wanted to say "Thank You" to Phil for the prizes for Friday night races and for last night for giving us the oppurtunity to test out the new timing system.

Yeah, that was by far the best transponder system i've seen any r/c applications. It was portable and very user friendly. The transponder is just like a card off of a deck of playing cards. All you need to do is place inside of your body and put your chassis on. No more dealing with AMB transponders mounting on top of your car, wiring the wires directly to the positive/negative termanals on your chassis, and the cost of purchasing a AMB transponder ( $80 bucks :eek: ). Last night, we got a chance to run a few test runs by having 5 minute races for Phillip Ng. He also showed me a graph of your particular run. It basically showed what laps you bobbled or got hit by another racer. If you had a graph that showed peaks and valleys, that means that your times were inconsistant. But, if you had a graph that showed a plataeu ( or almost a straight horizontal line ), that means that you ran the whole race with no mistakes :).

Ninja
2005.02.20, 05:09 PM
we have been looking for a good lap timing system at our local club, i could get a computer donated for the purposes for free if needed, coming up with the cash for the timing system is the drag :(

Roger
2005.02.20, 09:23 PM
we have been looking for a good lap timing system at our local club, i could get a computer donated for the purposes for free if needed, coming up with the cash for the timing system is the drag :(

I can tell you this much that the price of this particular system is waaaay below the price of any AMB transponder system.

Maxfield
2005.02.22, 04:42 AM
Roger -

This is lap timing system I was telling you about. I'm looking to get one when they come out. CoreAnalog started this thread last fall though, gave a bunch of systems to beta testers, and then nothing really after that. The website hasn't been updated either. Not sure when it's going to be available, but I assume the technology is so pervasive that someone is likely to come up with a system within the next year.

Roger
2005.02.22, 05:02 AM
Maxfield: Thats great. Terry and I are thinking about putting some fundage together so that when I get my track ( very soon ), we can have some time trials and races :)

TTT
2005.02.27, 06:43 PM
Hey All

our club is looking real hard at one of these systems, but just wondering about a bit of information on it from anyone who is running a system.

Firstly during a race during is there any audible feedback from the system when a car crosses the line and/or indication of places?

Does the screen give feedback in a race that could be put on the likes of a data projector so you could catch a glance at it during a racing for a position update.

Is the software able to handle multiple classes in the one race?

Is anyone other that beta testers and hobby shops actually have a system yet..
This thread has gone real quiet of late.

This system represents a huge investment for our small club so really want to to be the right decision.

thanks in advance

Terry

CoreAnalog
2005.02.27, 07:29 PM
Hey All

our club is looking real hard at one of these systems, but just wondering about a bit of information on it from anyone who is running a system.

Firstly during a race during is there any audible feedback from the system when a car crosses the line and/or indication of places?

Does the screen give feedback in a race that could be put on the likes of a data projector so you could catch a glance at it during a racing for a position update.

Is the software able to handle multiple classes in the one race?

Is anyone other that beta testers and hobby shops actually have a system yet..
This thread has gone real quiet of late.

This system represents a huge investment for our small club so really want to to be the right decision.

thanks in advance

Terry

You can give CP Mini Raceway, TC's Hobbies, NetZone, or PN Racing a call to get their
feedback. Those are the pro shops that are running the system so far. A few private
individuals have the system as well but we can't give their names out. A few more
shops have ordered units as well so the list is growing. Both CP Raceway and NetZone
are ditching their KO systems in favor our ours. These guys have been running race
series and daily tournaments with our system for months now and have been giving all
the feedback necessary to improve the system during the beta development phase.

--Core

imjonah
2005.02.28, 10:27 PM
This system looks a lot like RFID. I am sorry if I that was already mentioned somewhere.
If RFID the so called "transponders" are really RFID tags.
If it is RFID are you going to impliment the ability to read and write data from the tags.
If it is in fact RFID then 6 transponders for $48 is grossly over priced.

We are implimenting RFID where I work and we are paying 80 cents per tag in quantity. I n small quantities I woould think $2 is about right.

RFID is really a great replacement for AMB, if the price can be held down.
AMB is run by a bunch of low life rip off artists; their price gouging is a scandal. The sooner some company kicks AMB out of the RC business the better.

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 01:03 AM
core, you should offer this guy a job as a consultant....but maybe have him graduate 4th grade grammar and spelling first....otherwise he has economics down to a fine art....im sure his first suggestion would be for you to work your tail off in R&D and then only charge the public wholesale...oh ya, you pay for shipping too....

byebye
2005.03.01, 05:16 AM
Core- Any chance you have some systems on the side for beta testors over seas? I'm headed to London in June and would like to have the system for myself.

Sviny
2005.03.01, 09:04 AM
Yes, Germany is also waiting for a system to test it....

imjonah
2005.03.01, 06:41 PM
Let me try again. One of the big selling points of RFID is how cheap the ID tags are.

The number one problem with the AMB system is that the grossly overpriced transponder requires a majority of competitors to have to go through the hassle of borrowing a transponder for each race.
The beauty of RFID is everyone gets a personal tag. Given the fact that RFID is poised to take the place of AMB type systems; I think it might be a wise business move to make the profit on the detector/decoder/software part and market the RFID tags for as low a price as possible.

mini-z racing
2005.03.01, 06:52 PM
The tags are nice but if you change them alot too diffrent cars or if you are haveing hand out ones for a race they might rip a little. Since you are pulling them off.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.01, 06:56 PM
AMBit is the transponder system for damn near everything under the sun...i dont see them fading anytime soon...its also built into lots of tracks and has become a standard. I can take my personal transponder with me to any track

ruf
2005.03.01, 07:46 PM
I think it might be a wise business move to make the profit on the detector/decoder/software part and market the RFID tags for as low a price as possible.Hey, there's an idea! Then no track will want to buy it over the existing AMB systems and you can have all the cheap RFID cards you want! Yay! Maybe you can draw little numbers on them and play poker! :D

If anything, from a business perspective, you would want to place the majority of the profit margin in the high volume sales of the RFID cards and subsidize the systems for the shops/tracks. Once they adopt the systems, that will encourage more sales of the profitable RFID cards. Volume will make you money once the infrastructure is in place. Same reason why manufacturers make more money than distributors who make more money than dealers. Bottom line is that someone's got to pay for something. IMO, its better for the hobby that they distribute the cost (both in the system and the RFID cards) instead of placing it on one party or the other.

But the RFID cards are still too damn big... :rolleyes:

ruf
2005.03.01, 08:06 PM
If it is in fact RFID then 6 transponders for $48 is grossly over priced. We are implimenting RFID where I work and we are paying 80 cents per tag in quantity. I n small quantities I woould think $2 is about right.It's already 1/10 the price of AMB, and you want to cut it to 1/40? :rolleyes: You're basically asking for it to be free (or I'll buy you a coke and a candy bar for you to develop a timing system, thanks). If you can't pay $8 for a freaking TRANSPONDER, then you need to find another hobby.

AMB is run by a bunch of low life rip off artists; their price gouging is a scandal. The sooner some company kicks AMB out of the RC business the better.I'm sure they won't cry about it. AMB does the majority of the timing transponders for REAL motorsports. The type where they actually pay money when you win instead of giving you an 8" bowling trophy. The fact of the matter is that AMB technology scaled down to R/C application is gross overkill, hence the price premium. To call AMB "a bunch of low life rip off artists" is inaccurate. The fact that they even bother with a market as small as R/C racing still boggles my mind.

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 08:10 PM
amen ruf! thats some excellent input.

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 08:16 PM
To call AMB "a bunch of low life rip off artists" is inaccurate. The fact that they even bother with a market as small as R/C racing still boggles my mind.

ruf, some just are way out there and they arenít coming back soon...meaning that they act as if they know amb personally...

core, get us back on track with some updates of public release.

CoreAnalog
2005.03.01, 11:06 PM
core, get us back on track with some updates of public release.

We're having the beta sites test the latest software release candidate as much as
they can... Hopefully, this will be the final test snapshot before the public release.
My guestimate is a couple of weeks...

--Core

byebye
2005.03.02, 12:17 AM
Woohoo! Can't wait. So wheres the line start?

CoreAnalog
2005.03.02, 01:32 AM
Woohoo! Can't wait. So wheres the line start?

byebye,

Arch2b sent me a note... I'll make sure you get one well before you have to leave.
For now, just run over to his track and help test out the system :-)

--Core

byebye
2005.03.02, 03:08 AM
Sounds good! I know there is a pretty good mini-z following in the UK and the system also works for other small rc's.

Chances are when I get back from the desert I will borrow arch2b's during the week then use it at his track on the weekends. I haven't visited the site lately but is there going to be a setup offered for drag racing?

Thanks for the update Core
-Byebye

TITANIUM
2005.03.02, 01:08 PM
is there going to be a setup offered for drag racing?

do you mean in the software?....

core, i second the question...a starting tree within the software would be cool....

Maxfield
2005.03.03, 04:35 AM
Let's let him get the system out and worry about upgrading with patches later on. Don't burden them with more "wishlist" stuff. I can't wait anymore!

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.03, 10:38 AM
I cant see hobbyshops ditching their AMB systems that they have thousands of dollars invested in for a core system. AMB works and works well. I gree with RUF.

I do see that core will allow the home or club track to have an awesome transponder system and that is a truly needed item. I cant jsutify spending thousands of dollars on an AMB system but I can justify a few hundred on core's system. say...will core work on any of the smaller windows formats? Imagine having a mini pc or palm held pc able to run your lap counter? That would allow a track anywhere and be much easier than even a laptop.

Anyone know of 1:10 scale testing with the core system?

TITANIUM
2005.03.03, 11:41 AM
Let's let him get the system out and worry about upgrading with patches later on. Don't burden them with more "wishlist" stuff. I can't wait anymore!

nevermind...i deleted everything i said....i dont have time to quarrell

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.03, 11:41 AM
I want them to make a liger too :p

arch2b
2005.03.03, 11:54 AM
i don't think shops that have already invested in more expensive options are in a rush to drop them, atleast until they have achieved their return on investment costs.

me being me, i would be a big advocate for this system and home/personal use :p it's a fraction the cost of the other systems and it's super easy to use for home/personal use. it really does take your friendly competition to the next level ;)

ruf
2005.03.04, 01:30 PM
Anyone know of 1:10 scale testing with the core system?Core is specifying a 40" track width, but I doubt that this is a hard limit. I know most of our RCP track layouts are wider than that in Mini-Z!

arch2b
2005.03.04, 01:44 PM
i have yet to race on a track where they could not place the antenna loop at a poitn where it was 2 tiles wide. infact, i have yet to race on a track more than 2 tiles wide. you must have a very large space to run a 50cm track with 3 or more tiles wide :confused:

BigVxxx
2005.03.04, 03:27 PM
This system looks a lot like RFID. I am sorry if I that was already mentioned somewhere.
If RFID the so called "transponders" are really RFID tags.
If it is RFID are you going to impliment the ability to read and write data from the tags.
If it is in fact RFID then 6 transponders for $48 is grossly over priced.

We are implimenting RFID where I work and we are paying 80 cents per tag in quantity. I n small quantities I woould think $2 is about right.

RFID is really a great replacement for AMB, if the price can be held down.
AMB is run by a bunch of low life rip off artists; their price gouging is a scandal. The sooner some company kicks AMB out of the RC business the better.

I agree that AMB is expensive. I was talking with friends about this topic earlier. AMB is the standard in scoring systems across the globe. R/C is proably less than 1% of their market. Think how much they gross each year on the Indy 500 alone in this country. RC has just needed it's own inexpensive system and core analog will proably deliver. @Five bucks for a transponder and I've heard real good things about the hardware. I've heard the software just needs to be "polished". AMB can definitly take a backseat in the RC scoring market, but I am glad they took a intrest in RC because they helped competitive racing exist. There part of the reason I've raced RC over the last decade. Yes, I agreee $90 is steep for a personal transponder. "Don't fear ' :)'cause RFID is here!"

CoreAnalog
2005.03.04, 03:30 PM
Core is specifying a 40" track width, but I doubt that this is a hard limit. I know most of our RCP track layouts are wider than that in Mini-Z!

You can run two timing units, one on each side of the start line. This allows the system to cover track widths of up to 80" when laid underneath the RCP track. If you build a bridge, there is no limit to the track width as you can runs as many units across the start line to cover the entire track width. We've tested a 4 tile wide
RCP setup in our lab :-)

--Core

solartech
2005.03.05, 09:35 AM
I know some one who is looking to run a small 12th scale / 18th scale oval. No 10th scale or mini-zs. He said it would have about 4 foot lanes. He planed on useing old style clicker with peaple doing the counting. The trac is planing to be a small club in a rental spot at near by church. I suggested your system. Would this work? and would it be avalible by the fall?

ruf
2005.03.09, 12:02 AM
If you build a bridge, there is no limit to the track width as you can runs as many units across the start line to cover the entire track width. We've tested a 4 tile wideYou mean like an elevated transponder loop? Why couldn't you just continue to run it under the track in overlapping lengths?

i have yet to race on a track where they could not place the antenna loop at a poitn where it was 2 tiles wide. infact, i have yet to race on a track more than 2 tiles wide. you must have a very large space to run a 50cm track with 3 or more tiles wideYes we have the luxury of running on what I consider to be a medium sized track on our racedays. The track setup that we usually practice at is a little bit bigger. The straightaways are 3 lanes and a few other sections too. 3 lanes is all you really need on a straightaway. If you can't drive with a few other cars on a 6ft wide straight, you need to find a new hobby! Wait until you see the track that we will be running at the PN Regionals! We will combine the 2 to make a HUGE track. 3 wide straight into a 3 wide sweeper. Should have huge cornering speed and make for some ballsy passing (lots of room to line up an attack). Hopefully the straightaway will be 60ft long! :) Time to gear up!

arch2b
2005.03.09, 06:33 AM
wow, can't wait to see pictures of a track that large :)

TNB
2005.03.09, 12:09 PM
The straightaways are 3 lanes and a few other sections too. 3 lanes is all you really need on a straightaway. If you can't drive with a few other cars on a 6ft wide straight, you need to find a new hobby! . . . Hopefully the straightaway will be 60ft long! :) Time to gear up!
Don't forget the photos. Which motors are you running? Open? Myself, I would get bored running non-fetted motors like the X-Speeds on a 60 foot straight since I already think it is boring running them on a 40 foot straight though the NMLv2 and v3 I own do add more excitement. Since not that many are running on my track at one time (1-5), I actually removed the blank tiles from the straight so there is more room for drivers on the other end--the warehouse is still limited considering my layouts. I also like the "turning" aspect of driving Kyosho Mini-Zs which is obvious or I'd be running my Xmod. However, I can see where when several racers crash into each other on the straight when jockeying for position, the three tile wide lanes add more room for recovery.

ruf
2005.03.09, 12:24 PM
Boring possibly. We will be running S03 as the spec open motor. Yes the straightaway will feel like an eternity, but the infield even moreso. One thing is that it will make carrying speed off the exit of the last corner VERY important and you will see people start reeling others in. I want to make this track so big that it's hard to get in a "lap rhythm". More like a real racetrack instead of a rinkydink sprint r/c track. Kind of like the super large tracks that 1/8 onroad runs at sometimes. For Speedy 05 spec motor in stock class it will probably be boring. I might add a bus-stop chicane for that class.

One of the tricks of designing a track for ten racers at a competitive event is to put a sweeper at the end of the straightaway and have the first few turns wider to allow people to settle down. 1st corner pileups are never any fun and can really screw up qualifying.

TNB
2005.03.09, 12:29 PM
Although I don't own an S03 yet, I own the S04. If you know, what are the differences between the two motors in torque and top end? I noticed that you wrote "ten" racers--are you running FM micros too like they are in Rialto on the RCP Track? Are you allowing the use of tire sauce too?

ruf
2005.03.09, 12:40 PM
S03 seems to be the best motor for our weekend racing layout with a 30ft straightaway. IT has a lot more punch down low (torque) and a good linear powerband. The S04 is pretty soft on the bottom but comes on stronger up top than the S03. Most of us pretty much agree that an NML is overkill for this track. Might be able to pull a couple tenths on a lap, but your overall race would be slower trying to control the thing. We use the KO lap counting system which only counts 27MHz AM. I haven't tried getting an FM to count on it, though I don't see why it wouldn't. We all use stock PCB. We do allow tire sauce, but I kind of frown upon it. Most of us are running 8 or 10 degree tires which would pretty much melt when sauced... :D If you're running foams then there's no other alternative. I'd like to see the class stay on rubber though. The foams are just too strapped.

madf1man
2005.03.09, 01:32 PM
The rubber tires need no sauce.If they do then you got another problem to address.The foams need it and are not as consitant as rubber.I run both and enjoy them both with some succes. Our practice track layout has about a 25' straight(thought it was longer).I may need to adjust that!!! I,ll have it set up this weekend for sat and sun practice.

TNB
2005.03.09, 01:33 PM
S03 seems to be the best motor for our weekend racing layout with a 30ft straightaway . . . We all use stock PCB. We do allow tire sauce, but I kind of frown upon it.
Doesn't the S03 require a fet upgrade or are you all running Iwaver Pros? I don't like the idea of people getting tire sauce on an RCP Track and at least one other track owner doesn't like it either, but it appears that people are "sneaking" it onto his track anyway.

arch2b
2005.03.09, 01:39 PM
Doesn't the S03 require a fet upgrade or are you all running Iwaver Pros? I don't like the idea of people getting tire sauce on an RCP Track and at least one other track owner doesn't like it either, but it appears that people are "sneaking" it onto his track anyway.
i wouldn't want that stuff on my rcp either

madf1man
2005.03.09, 01:59 PM
I felt the same way about it and have started using some old school alternatives. They work just fine and are friendly to all concerned.

gasman1
2005.03.11, 10:14 AM
I felt the same way about it and have started using some old school alternatives. They work just fine and are friendly to all concerned.

Has anyone actually bought a Core timing system from the site? As soon as the systems were posted, they were sold out.

ruf
2005.03.11, 10:17 AM
Yes S03 require FET upgrade.

madf1man
2005.03.11, 10:26 AM
Well I was told thru the grapevine that it was kinda a mistake for the info on the website last week indicating that they were for sale now and sold out allready.Same source indicated that software were still being worked but that its almost ready.That said these are all rumors as it did not come from Core directly.Hopefully they will pipe in here and let us know.

arch2b
2005.03.11, 10:40 AM
i can only assume core receeved MANY email requests and or reservations for the system which could account for sold out initial release.

gasman1
2005.03.11, 11:38 AM
Well I was told thru the grapevine that it was kinda a mistake for the info on the website last week indicating that they were for sale now and sold out allready.Same source indicated that software were still being worked but that its almost ready.That said these are all rumors as it did not come from Core directly.Hopefully they will pipe in here and let us know.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep looking

CoreAnalog
2005.03.11, 12:15 PM
i can only assume core receeved MANY email requests and or reservations for the system which could account for sold out initial release.

Yes, too many requests and questions. We decided to take the shop page down to
stop the flood. This allows us to concentrate on getting the product ready versus
answering inqueries or having people get made at us for not replying to them.

--Core

gasman1
2005.03.11, 12:58 PM
Yes, too many requests and questions. We decided to take the shop page down to
stop the flood. This allows us to concentrate on getting the product ready versus
answering inqueries or having people get made at us for not replying to them.

--Core

will we be notified if we emailed in a preorder?
does some transponders come with the original unit?
Thanks

TTT
2005.03.15, 06:57 PM
will we be notified if we emailed in a preorder?
does some transponders come with the original unit?
Thanks

Just wondering if Core could jump in with an ETA of delvery of the product.

Is it going days, weeks or a month or 2.

I don't know about anyone else but I would prefer to know if it is going to be a while before it is ready to be shipped. Rather then every time I get an email notification from this forum I jump on the web to see if there is any news..

If you have people getting upset at getting no replies, put a link to this forum in the web site and put some progress information in this area.

I know there are issues about getting a product to the market and trying to get it right is essential.

If it is going to be a while, let people know and they will probably stop bugging you.

So if you could give a ballpark ETA I think a lot of people (potential customers) would appreciate it

thanks

Terry