PDA

View Full Version : CP MINI will be testing the Core Racing System

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 05:24 PM
CP MINI RC RACEWAY is going to be testing the Core Racing System hopefully by the end of his month. For more info on this lap counting break though go to www.corespeedway.com (http://www.corespeedway.com)

arch2b
2004.10.12, 05:25 PM
lucky dog ;) new track, new timing system, new cup cars... you are riding high my friend ;) :cool: :D

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 05:44 PM
Yes arch, new track (cost me money, some back pain and a little blood, I cut my self) new timing system (will cost me some more money) and the new cup cars (cost me a whole lot of money to develop but I am recovering it slowly) I hope it all pays off in the future.

Ps I hope you make it to are big race Paul and I are looking forward to meeting you.

arch2b
2004.10.12, 05:53 PM
i can vouche for the back pain and dent in my wallet:p it can take awhile to get all those rail pins in the rcp track. does your site have updated pictures of the tracks?

i am looking forward to meeting you guys as well. cpraceway has generated a fair amount of news here :p not to mention some of your regulars are also great contributor's to this site :cool: i have confidence you will easily recover your costs for the development of the cup car. it's a hit in threads and draws attention all over the world.

i know it's a far off right now but i look forward to seeing how your trophy race will develope in terms or calsses and rules. that's a topic for another thread though.

Aaronnn
2004.10.12, 06:12 PM
blackno, is the trophy race going to be "BIG"? i.e. bill crotty & alan mok coming? also, dates, rules, etc...set yet? i'm just wondering so i can try to plan a trip for it...

p.s. i really like the stock car racing you got going, i am very jealous, its great that there is such a great mini-z following there!
anyway, i plan on getting a kit maybe x-mas.....

Aaronnn
2004.10.12, 06:16 PM
do you have a pic of the transponder for this system?

TNB
2004.10.12, 06:23 PM
CP MINI RC RACEWAY is going to be testing the Core Racing System hopefully by the end of his month. For more info on this lap counting break though go to www.corespeedway.com (http://www.corespeedway.com)

Dumb question, if the system "Supports track lane widths of up to 36 inches. Ideal for RCP-Tracks Wide-L and Mini-96 tracks" [ http://www.corespeedway.com/shop.html ] and a standard tile is 50 centimeters, can an RCP Track Wide L setup even be used or can a 50 centimeter blank tile be inserted? Are optional sensors available to "sense" across a 100cm or 150cm wide track?

50 centimeter = 19.6850394 inch [international, U.S.]
100 centimeter = 39.3700787 inch [international, U.S.]
150 centimeter = 59.0551181 inch [international, U.S.]

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 06:25 PM
does your site have updated pictures of the tracks? No not yet the outside quad oval is done but the inside road course is a mess and closed off. I hope to get it done next week. Kirk will up date the site as soon as I get him some picís.

Iíve been so busy, right now Iím trying to get all are MR01 rental cars converted in to cup cars for a birthday party that we are doing Saturday. Basically using the MR01 boards so the cars will go strait in to reverse so new users donít get confused.

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 06:48 PM
All I know for now is that we are getting the Core Racing System soon. I have not seen the system. But Iíll post some picís if itís ok with Michael when I get it. But they will probably have some on the Core Racing site before then.

As far as are race I just found out last week that the cup was canceled and Iíve been really busy so please give me a little time to think about it. One thing I know is you will not need kyosho only parts on your car to race.

TNB
2004.10.12, 06:51 PM
One thing I know is you will not need kyosho only parts on your car to race.
That's sort of obvious with a lexan body. ;) Is No. 3 going to win? :D

Blackno3
2004.10.12, 08:13 PM
Is No. 3 going to win? :D
Last night Dave driving the No.3 came in forth place and if I could predict the winner of races I would be making my living in Las Vegas NV.

PAULANGELO
2004.10.12, 08:21 PM
Nice Eric, hopefully it's as good as advertised.

TNB
2004.10.13, 12:57 PM
Eric,
I was referring to your No. 3 winning. ;) BTW, I can't predict races either so I can't make my living at it here. I did figure Schmacher would win the last F1 race though I would have messed up on Barrichello not finishing the race. :rolleyes:

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.13, 09:51 PM
Keep the info coming :)

techno
2004.10.14, 07:03 AM
Please take lots of picís and give a real detailed review of this. I like a lot of otherís are really biting at the bit for a decent timing system at a great price. Depending on the review I want to add my name to the list of pre orders for this. If you can get anyone else to review this also very welcomed I would like more details on this too if I can get them

Blackno3
2004.10.28, 10:55 AM
CP Mini RC Raceway should be getting its Core Racing System November 8th or 9th. Were getting a custom antenna made because are outside lanes are 48 inches wide.

arch2b
2004.10.28, 11:38 AM
i suspect i should be receiving my system about the same time :p

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.28, 01:29 PM
48 inches... that's a pretty wide lane... nice to know that it can handle that width.

Blackno3
2004.11.23, 02:03 PM
I just get and email from Core Racing and that shipped are Core Racing system out Monday. We should be getting it tomorrow which is Wednesday :) . I will not be able to try it out until Friday :( . Also we are only getting six tags so Iíll only be able to run test races.

We should be getting more tags it two weeks so we can start racing with it.

solartech
2004.11.23, 11:00 PM
Thats too bad i was looking forward to getting to use it this season for the cup races. Hopefully they will send more transponders soon. ,,,,,,6 is not enough!. I know a lot of racers are frustrated with the current counting system.

PAULANGELO
2004.11.24, 06:56 AM
Thats too bad i was looking forward to getting to use it this season for the cup races. Hopefully they will send more transponders soon. ,,,,,,6 is not enough!. I know a lot of racers are frustrated with the current counting system.
You can say that again!

Blackno3
2004.11.27, 06:27 PM
We got are core system on Wednesday but with the Holiday weekend I wonít be able to test it until Tuesday.

TTT
2005.02.27, 08:32 PM
Now that you guys at CP raceway have had some time to look at the system any chance you could give some feedback.

I posted the following questions in the CORE thread and core replied asking me to give the like of you guys a call but from Oz that really isn't an option...

So if you could post either here or in the Core thread would be much appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our club is looking real hard at one of these systems, but just wondering about a bit of information on it from anyone who is running a system.

Firstly during a race during is there any audible feedback from the system when a car crosses the line and/or indication of places?

Does the screen give feedback in a race that could be put on the likes of a data projector so you could catch a glance at it during a racing for a position update.

Is the software able to handle multiple classes in the one race?

Is anyone other that beta testers and hobby shops actually have a system yet..
This thread has gone real quiet of late.

This system represents a huge investment for our small club so really want to to be the right decision.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks in advance

Terry