PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

Ninja
2004.10.15, 07:28 PM
I know that most everybody at our LHS uses the Rayovac I-C3 cells, but in my opinion they are a little lacking in quality and durability. so i made an order today at http://www.batteryspace.com they have some great deals. like this 50 pack of 550Mah AAA cells for $15.50
http://www.batteryspace.com/ProductImages/battery/MH-AAA550Bx50.jpg
and this 8 cell 10 hour charger for just $12.95
http://www.batteryspace.com/ProductImages/charger/ch-v868-s.jpg
or if you want a faster charger with a discharge function and many other options that holds 10 cells for just $25.99
http://www.batteryspace.com/ProductImages/charger/ch-v6988-e.jpg
I think this is a great deal. i have ordered some of these batteries and will give a full review when i get them in the mail and see how they perform :D

pHREDD
2004.10.15, 07:44 PM
great find.....I may have to look into getting some of them myself. I agree the IC3 batts lack quality and durability

Ninja
2004.10.15, 07:45 PM
and for me and Fred, they have a nice Lithium-Ion section with cells as high as 2400Mah for those long runtimes and mega-fast speeds :D

pHREDD
2004.10.15, 08:06 PM
I got my LI-ion bats and charger in today...havnt got a chance to install aany yet...I will wait till tomorrow

bENZinO
2004.10.15, 09:47 PM
or if you want a faster charger with a discharge function and many other options that holds 10 cells for just $25.99

how FAST?
(id go to their site and see for myself, but im afraid i'd loose connection AGAIN!)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.10.15, 11:24 PM
I got a set or RS batteries tonight. WOW NiMh is a sweet hop up. I'd say 50% faster...at least. Thats what happens when there's a RS down the block form the resturaunt you are taking take out from :D . Anyway are there batteries that rock these or are these OK?

Ninja
2004.10.16, 03:19 AM
how FAST?
(id go to their site and see for myself, but im afraid i'd loose connection AGAIN!)
four hours

Ninja
2005.01.11, 05:41 PM
i was just thinking of doing an 8 cell mod :p dont ask me why :D

michvin
2005.01.11, 11:12 PM
don't know guys... IC3s i have for half a year now are running strong and has no problems. Capacity is good - 750 mAh and, more and more people at our club are starting to use them. The only huge minus is their price - 15$ for 4 AAA's... :mad:

arch2b
2005.01.12, 05:27 AM
don't know guys... IC3s i have for half a year now are running strong and has no problems. Capacity is good - 750 mAh and, more and more people at our club are starting to use them. The only huge minus is their price - 15$ for 4 AAA's... :mad:
you are getting ripped! i've rarely paid more than $6-10 for a 4 pack. next time target has a $6.48 sale i'll have to work something out with you.

michvin
2005.01.12, 10:06 AM
you are getting ripped! i've rarely paid more than $6-10 for a 4 pack. next time target has a $6.48 sale i'll have to work something out with you.
thanks a lot arch, i really appreciate that... the problem is that nearest target from me is a long travel...

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.12, 09:29 PM
I got a set or RS batteries tonight. WOW NiMh is a sweet hop up. I'd say 50% faster...at least. Thats what happens when there's a RS down the block form the resturaunt you are taking take out from :D . Anyway are there batteries that rock these or are these OK?
I too run the RS batteries. Not too shabb for $25, you get 8 cells and a charger. I'm happy with them, and out of the 20 cells I have, I've yet to have a problem. I even use the chargers to charge my AA's I use in my Mini Mauler. :cool:

8 cells Ninja? Ahem, it's been done. ;)

arch2b
2005.01.16, 05:16 PM
i've had some wrappers begin to peel from the ic3 cells. i emailed rayovaks support and they sent me replacement cells. they were very nice to deal with. i have about 8-10 sets i guess of the ic3's now. you can read all about it in a thread i started in about them being on sale at target.

i also have about 8 sets of the energizer cells which have served me well.

i have 1 set of the green pn cells but they don't work well in most of the chargers i have.

i have 1 set of the k./gpm cells and have never had problems.

i have about 4 sets of the gold rayovak cells and they get very hot alot of the times.

i have the rayovak 1hr charger, hate it. most if not all cells get VERY hot in this one.

i have a 1hr energizer charger and it has worked well.

i have a 30 min energizer charger which i use more than the 1hr naturally.

i have the new 15 min energizer charger and it seems to work well but they are very new and not many reviews from members yet.

i have the ic3 charger and it's never had problems

JTrusley
2005.01.16, 05:38 PM
i've had some wrappers begin to peel from the ic3 cells. i emailed rayovaks support and they sent me replacement cells. they were very nice to deal with. i have about 8-10 sets i guess of the ic3's now. you can read all about it in a thread i started in about them being on sale at target.

i also have about 8 sets of the energizer cells which have served me well.

i have 1 set of the green pn cells but they don't work well in most of the chargers i have.

i have 1 set of the k./gpm cells and have never had problems.

i have about 4 sets of the gold rayovak cells and they get very hot alot of the times.

i have the rayovak 1hr charger, hate it. most if not all cells get VERY hot in this one.

i have a 1hr energizer charger and it has worked well.

i have a 30 min energizer charger which i use more than the 1hr naturally.

i have the new 15 min energizer charger and it seems to work well but they are very new and not many reviews from members yet.

i have the ic3 charger and it's never had problems
My batteries dont always take a full charge or one of the lights stay on any suggestions on why that is?

Ninja
2005.01.23, 09:45 AM
i bought 2 sets of the PN 780Mah batts this week, i really like them, they seem to have more punch than the IC3's i have and they last a pretty long time. i now have 8 sets of batteries but i can only charge 3 sets of them in the IC3 charger while racing. anybody know of a good charger that will charge any NiMH in about 30 mins?

Spoon
2005.01.23, 10:34 AM
anybody know of a good charger that will charge any NiMH in about 30 mins?

I haven't read the rest of this thread so maybe someone has already said it but...

I have the energizer 30 minute charger and it charges each battery seperately. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I got it from best buy for about $40. A little more than I wanted to pay but I think it's worth it.

Here's a Link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826148759&skuId=4721073&type=product)

I had a 15 minute charger (I think it was duracell that I got from Wally World) but it fried two sets of 700 mah batteries. The 30 minute charger gets them pretty hot but no problems with messup batteries yet.