PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of the World's Largest RCP Track

RCPMini-z
2004.10.15, 11:12 PM
Here are some pictures of the track set up in Rosemont, IL this week at the International Hobby Expo. It is designed for 1/10 scale and smaller pro manufacturer demos. We built some jumps and 1/4 pipe ramps for the truck demos. The on road cars were really picking up some good speed on the track, not to mention the incredible handling.

Associated had a small RCP in their booth to show their new 1/18.

A big thanks to Noel for all your help.

RCPMini-z
2004.10.15, 11:14 PM
A few more.

RCPMini-z
2004.10.15, 11:20 PM
Associated's booth track.

mini-z racing
2004.10.15, 11:27 PM
very nice, and big, RCPmini-z, what are those small jumps on that RCP track? are they for sale? thanks

RCPMini-z
2004.10.15, 11:30 PM
Stay tuned for info on our 2005 RCX and International Hobby Expo tracks. I am currently designing some outrageous tracks for Kyosho's booth and the shows 1/10 scale demo tracks. I believe these new tracks will be some of my best work yet, with much more detail and some extreme stunt ramps for the 1/10 scale proís.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.10.15, 11:43 PM
SWEEEEET track...the wood looks like some skateboard ramps I uesd to build...

TNB
2004.10.16, 01:10 AM
RCP,
I set up those same photos in an album in Gallery TNB. I would have posted earlier but I spent a long time on the phone with Noel as well as working on the track. ;) I did upload the heli photos as well.

I can't wait for the 2005 RCX demo track.

arch2b
2004.10.16, 08:34 AM
what are the enlarged side rails on the side of the assoc. track?

roybfr
2004.10.19, 08:53 AM
About how many tiles wide is that 1/10 scale track? Looks to be about 5 or 6 in the narrow part.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.19, 12:23 PM
Looks great, but for cars / trucks that size, i'm sorry to say it would be an incredible waste of money. I'm sure that cars that big don't need that kind of surface.

RCPMini-z
2004.10.19, 12:49 PM
Indoor 1/10 scale electric RC vehicles absolutely need a good surface to run on. Currently Ozite carpet is used in many indoor hobby store and club tracks, but this type of surface looses its handling characteristics very quick and if it is worn out or damaged, large pieces of carpet have to be replaced. The RCP custom surface offers great traction for the 1/10 scale electric on and off road vehicles. If any section gets damaged, you can simply replace just the tile in question. You can use the RCP side rails or install your own larger PVC or wooden rails using blank tiles for the track surface of larger vehicles.

The 1/10 scale track at the International Hobby Expo was a big success and offered incredible handling and grip for the pro manufacturers and drivers. No apparent wear was noticed even after some of the larger and heavy trucks did burnouts and full wheelies from dead stop positions.

We have already received many orders from hobby stores all across the US that are ordering our system for their larger scale indoor racing leagues. Most of the orders as of recently have been for those stores that are starting 1/18 scale off road truck racing in addition to their indoor electric on-road programs. Now that the 1/10 scale proís have tested the track out at the Ihobby show, we are starting to get orders for tracks larger than 1/18 scale.

We are in the process of getting the RCP track surface approved as a specific track type for official IMCRA Events.

TNB
2004.10.19, 12:59 PM
There is rumor of the Indoor Nats being held here in 2005 and I read that Scotty (Wisconsin) is helping to put it on. Any RCP Track involvement or additional information? I haven't checked his hobby shop website yet, I've only read a few boards with the information and a new website url for the race--no information is on that site yet.

Aaronnn
2004.10.19, 01:53 PM
TNB keep us posted!...i may enter...

TNB
2004.10.19, 02:11 PM
I think its 1/12 or 1/10 scale, not Zs.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.19, 10:55 PM
Indoor 1/10 scale electric RC vehicles absolutely need a good surface to run on. Currently Ozite carpet is used in many indoor hobby store and club tracks, but this type of surface looses its handling characteristics very quick and if it is worn out or damaged, large pieces of carpet have to be replaced. The RCP custom surface offers great traction for the 1/10 scale electric on and off road vehicles. If any section gets damaged, you can simply replace just the tile in question. You can use the RCP side rails or install your own larger PVC or wooden rails using blank tiles for the track surface of larger vehicles.

The 1/10 scale track at the International Hobby Expo was a big success and offered incredible handling and grip for the pro manufacturers and drivers. No apparent wear was noticed even after some of the larger and heavy trucks did burnouts and full wheelies from dead stop positions.

We have already received many orders from hobby stores all across the US that are ordering our system for their larger scale indoor racing leagues. Most of the orders as of recently have been for those stores that are starting 1/18 scale off road truck racing in addition to their indoor electric on-road programs. Now that the 1/10 scale proís have tested the track out at the Ihobby show, we are starting to get orders for tracks larger than 1/18 scale.

We are in the process of getting the RCP track surface approved as a specific track type for official IMCRA Events.
... *gulp* sorry for my ignorance ... i'm good at that at times :D

TNB
2004.10.20, 02:26 AM
Aaronn,

Below is the link to the "World Indoor Championships" though there is practically no information on the website yet. I've read Fall of 2005, September 2005, and so on on a couple of forums.
http://www.worldindoorchampionships.com/

Below is the link to Scotty's hobby shop. The event list shows that the Novak Race is scheduled for 1/5-1/9 at Trackside, but there is no information or if there is I missed it regarding the other website or event.
http://www.trackside.com/events.htm

Aaronnn
2004.10.20, 09:14 AM
ya, I know all about it 10th...remember I did it for years and years before z's...
since the mini-z cup has flopped and no telling when it will be back I need racing!...
phillips race wont be until next october so thats a year of 10th I can be doing!...
the new TC4 is or is going to be released soon so thatís the way I will go...

TNB
2004.10.20, 04:05 PM
Don't forget I have an automatic tire truer if you decide to run foams. However, I only have an arbor for 1/12th scale tires, so if you want to use my tire truer you'll need an arbor for 1/10th scale. It could be a good promo for RCP Tracks if the event is not run at the Silverbowl track.

fraz
2004.10.20, 04:41 PM
Hey Aaron, funny you mention it, I too am just getting back into 1/10 sedan and 1/12 scale for the extra practice. I just got a new Tamiya Evo IV and it handles really well. I would love to come and run a big carpet race in Vegas!! To bad it's not until next year. If you want some great carpet racing over the winter, there is always Stockton, CA and it is the same distance to you as LA. There are lots of top drivers that show up including Matt Francis. We are holding our Regionals there in a couple of weeks.

TNB
2004.10.20, 04:47 PM
Fraz,

Are you racing here? I didn't see your name on the list. It is also raining like crazy here now.

2004 Las Vegas Fall Classic in Memory of Ron Paris
October 21-24, 2004
http://www.4acesracing.com
http://www.4acesracing.com/Paris/RaceSite.htm

Aaronnn
2004.10.20, 05:36 PM
RCP sorry for all the off topic....
one last post off topic.....k?

anyway guys I just started to remember why I got out of 10th scale racing....
for one, after losing vision in my right eye the big tracks became so hard for me to judge...no depth perception ya know...it was frustrating that I lost the abilities I had.....so when mini-z came along and everything was so close and everything was so much easier to judge I got excited again...
anyway I donít think I will go back into anything again...I will just wait for pn challenge races and hope kyosho starts something also....
(next to all that, last week I just spent 3grand on a family vacation, so I donít think I will be doing any traveling anytime sooner than summer 05'...)

davkin
2004.10.20, 07:18 PM
RCP sorry for all the off topic....
one last post off topic.....k?

anyway guys I just started to remember why I got out of 10th scale racing....
for one, after losing vision in my right eye the big tracks became so hard for me to judge...no depth perception ya know...it was frustrating that I lost the abilities I had.....so when mini-z came along and everything was so close and everything was so much easier to judge I got excited again...
anyway I don’t think I will go back into anything again...I will just wait for pn challenge races and hope kyosho starts something also....
(next to all that, last week I just spent 3grand on a family vacation, so I don’t think I will be doing any traveling anytime sooner than summer 05'...)

Was there any 1/10 racing in Cedar City anyways? The closest hobby shop for you is over 40 miles away. Just curious to know if there is any real demand for R/C racing there. My dream is to move to Cedar City in a few years and open up a small hobby shop. I doubt it would end up being big enough to host R/C racing though.

David

Aaronnn
2004.10.20, 08:01 PM
at one point we had about 20 regulars racing 10th scale sedan...
but I did most of my racing in slc...mostly with the WVH group (ben)
anyway cedars group had died down about three yrs ago...
and I have seen any of those people much.....
as far as hobby shop...donít get your hopes up...st.george has allot more people and one hobby shop barely cuts it...and thatís due to the retirement community and airplane sales....

Aaronnn
2004.10.20, 08:16 PM
hey, RCP let me boot this back on topic...
what will your track be like at anaheim RCX?
i will be down there in may....(maybe you can get me a pass....hmm?)