PDA

View Full Version : The coolest!!!

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 10:23 AM
OMG! I was in St. Louis this weekend and I happened to roll into a Radio Shack. What did I find? A body top (a la AutoScale w/body kits) of a 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. Bright red n all. $16 later, I've got a 2004 Stang with a Cobra R front bumper, side exhausts, and the CR spoiler. How cool is that?

The Rat Shax around here only have a black RSX that's the same package: complete body (with driveshaft for different wheelbases) and two complete body kits. This Mustang even came with a spare pair of mirrors. :o

I just looked on RS's website and there's not even a listing for the Corvette, '64 Mustang, or NSX; let alone these new body top sets.

[Peter Griffin] Freakin' sweet. [/Peter Griffin]

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.20, 10:37 AM
Yeah, the don't even have it listed... dumb...

Love the Peter Griffin tags :D

arch2b
2004.10.20, 10:45 AM
well..... where are the pics?

pHREDD
2004.10.20, 12:11 PM
The RS in Hixson has the RTR kits with the Mustang, Camaro and the Vett. I almost bought 1 caused they looked so cool....(almost)

arch2b
2004.10.20, 12:27 PM
it would be nice to see someone mount one on a z (as porposed in another thread). other than that, i wouldn't waste any money on another xmod.

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 12:34 PM
The RS in Hixson has the RTR kits with the Mustang, Camaro and the Vett. I almost bought 1 caused they looked so cool....(almost)
True Fred, but those are the $50 RTR kits; and the baby blue '64 Stang. I'm talking a $16 body that's not offered as a RTR kit. Ain't got none of these 'round these parts. :cool:

And Arch: I'm in the middle of another custom XMods paint job on my RSX, I'll have pics of 'em all whenever I'm finished. Unless Fred brings his camera to the LHS tomorrow and snaps some pics. :o

arch2b
2004.10.20, 12:52 PM
i will most likely pick up the classis stang body kit if i can find one just cause i love them but i don't care for the cr6. it's not as nice as the gt cr5 kyosho has, same thing with the xmod and kyosho supra as well.

curious to see what you do with your rsx, i lreally like mine although i wish it were another color... tired of silver and black bodies.

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 01:17 PM
The RSX project right now is modeled after the Speed World Challenge teams from earlier in the season. They're white, with red accents; red rear bumper, striped along the side skirts. If you still have the mini Super Street mag that came with your X Mods' kits, there's a picture of it on an Eibach ad.

Unfortunately, I was watching the SWC a few days ago from VIR and the RSX teams have a new color scheme already! The white w/red scheme was used for the majority of the season; now they've changed 'em. Now the RSX's are a very very dark blue; practically black; with a silver center sectioned hood and a silver roof. They look real menacing and cool. Makes me wish I waited to start this project. But! I've got another RSX body that isn't beat to hell, so maybe I'll have both cars from the '04 season. :cool:

arch2b
2004.10.20, 01:34 PM
could you post images? i no longer have those mags... i was thinking about taking the classis stang and repainting to look like the 2005 stang gtr. i love that car! can't go wrong with the cheapest 500hp car available!

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 01:52 PM
Man arch, I looked everywhere for pics of those cars online. I checked Speed's site, SCCA's, Eibach's, I even searched for racing RSX's and Acura's. :rolleyes: The paint scheme is the same as the Acura TSX's that were raced for a while in the same series. I think the first part of the season was raced in the RSX's, middle part in the TSX's, and now that latter part in the new colored RSX's.

Also, in the Japanese Grand Touring Car Championships, there is at least one Honda Integra team; but I can't for the life of me remember their color scheme. I looked all over the JGTCC site (all in Japanese, btw) for pics of it, but to no avail. I only know the RSX (Honda Intega over yonder) races in the JGTCC because I saw it in the background of a picture of another car in a magazine. :rolleyes:

Just no love for the RSX, I reckon. :(

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 01:58 PM
Pic I ganked from another forum: http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9c/27/c2_1_b.JPG

...of the Mustang package. That's the one I got.

TNB
2004.10.20, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't mind a Mustang since I used to own a 1969, but I really can't see spending more money on my Xmod. Now if Kyosho came out with a '69 Mustang Mini-Z....

arch2b
2004.10.20, 02:10 PM
i'm not a fan of the last generation stang :( the competition orange is a nice color though

what happened to your '69 tnb? a friend of mine is h.s. had a '67 and we spent MANY hours working on that thing.

pHREDD
2004.10.20, 02:46 PM
Pic I ganked from another forum...of the Mustang package. That's the one I got.

He could have picked up a couple for his freinds... :mad:

TNB
2004.10.20, 03:50 PM
what happened to your '69 tnb? a friend of mine is h.s. had a '67 and we spent MANY hours working on that thing.
Some idiot was mad at his wife so after breaking all the windows out of her car when it was parked, he drove down the street and plowed his tank of a car into my '69. By the time the jerk finished raming me into a telephone booth and a brick wall, the only part of my car that didn't have a dent was the truck lid--a very small truck lid. Then the jerk drove off. The cops eventually caught him, but all that did was result in me and my passenger going to court to testify against him for hit-and-run and me fighting my insurance company over the value of my totaled out car. It was a loose-loose situation for me, but at least I didn't get injured and neither did my passenger. The little kids that came out to see the wreck also cleaned all the change out from the telephone. It was kind of cool to watch the telephone booth explode everywhere since it was the old style with enclosed glass doors. To top it off, the engine I had in the car was stolen after I pulled it out of the wreck and had the poor old Mustang towed off. I guess that isn't as bad as having a car stolen like what happened to an old Chevelle I used to own.

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 09:02 PM
He could have picked up a couple for his freinds... :mad:
Dammit! Sorry Fred. :( I checked the Rat Shack at Northgate today and they didn't even know what I was talking about. They've never seen/heard of it. Maybe they'll get it in a month or so.

pHREDD
2004.10.20, 09:09 PM
Its cool....I got enough bodies anyway... :D

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 09:15 PM
That's what I thought at first. Then wait a minute, no one else has this one. :cool: :cool: :cool:

pHREDD
2004.10.20, 09:18 PM
If rat shack would have had them i would got thel last saturday.....

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.20, 10:03 PM
RS at Northgate doesn't have 'em as of tonight.

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.26, 05:56 PM
Here Fred, they're on the bay: item #5929167025. :cool: They're MSRP + shipping.

arch2b
2004.10.30, 03:26 PM
i went to rs today to pick up the classis stang body only to be told they don't offer it in the body kit package :mad: i'm sure as hell not going to waste $50 to get it so....

the black rsx was soooo tempting though ;) i saw the new stang but i don't like it enough to buy it.

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.30, 03:44 PM
The baby blue old skool Stang only comes in the ready to run kits for $50, same for the old skool red Camaro and silver Corvette C5. The Red '04 Cobra like mine is only offered in the body top set for $16; same as that black RSX you mentioned. I posted the e b a y number for the Red '04 Mustang above; it was a buy-it-now auction with a lot in stock for $15.99+shipping; which is MSRP.

arch2b
2004.10.30, 05:06 PM
is there a part number to order the body?

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.31, 12:29 AM
Arch, someone posted a item number in another thread, i'm sure of it. Do a quick search :)

MattPaintballer
2004.10.31, 12:33 AM
Nice find! I see someone else likes Family Guy :)

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.31, 09:18 PM
Who likes Family Guy? I do, but "I bent my Wookie" is from the Simpsons. :cool:

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.31, 09:26 PM
Not much time left to order the red '04 SVT Cobra for MSRP on the bay: 5929167025

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 12:37 AM
Nice body, good price. I'm suprised that it hasn't been snatched up yet. I know that Xmods bodies are bulky and heavy, but that is a nice body!