PDA

View Full Version : Need Pictures In Shop!!!!

Sporttracguy
2004.10.22, 07:46 PM
it really bothers me when im trying to search and buy parts in the shop and there arent any pictures of what im going to buy. How hard would it be to put some thumbnail pictures next to each item?

Ninja
2004.10.22, 07:50 PM
this is an on-going issue that they are currently working on, be patient young grasshopper

arch2b
2004.10.22, 08:01 PM
if you did a search on the issue you would know this has been a major source of complaints and news on the issue has been posted REPEATEDLY. yes, its a pain but it will be all taken care ;)

Sporttracguy
2004.10.23, 02:25 AM
Thanks, just venting,, i spent a good amount of time looking through the shop and it really was just a waste of time,, good to hear that they are working on the problem

jb23fan
2004.12.20, 08:23 AM
Thanks, just venting,, i spent a good amount of time looking through the shop and it really was just a waste of time,, good to hear that they are working on the problem

It has caused me to go elsewhere numerous times...

Been the same ever since I found out about this site 3 months ago.

mini-z
2004.12.20, 09:51 AM
We're working on a slick fix for this - at the moment, however, we're more concerned w/ getting everyones' orders out in time for the Holdidays - we should get to this early next month though. :)

Draconious
2004.12.20, 09:53 AM
well its been a while since you first said you were adding more photos, at least 1.5 years ;) (ok you added some, but not all) -- give me access to it some how..and a ftp with the images... and ill start addign images and or image links in... assuming the current fix will continue to take another few months... I've nothing better to do, and I can do it while I talk to my Fiance online ;) :D

mini-z
2004.12.20, 10:10 AM
Not much point in doing that since the new version will make them obselete. :( If you want to start collecting them locally for upload when the new system is in place though, that would be cool. :)

Draconious
2004.12.20, 11:23 AM
Well I could come down to shop with my camera and start taking fresh photos ;)

Then driving this box to you, would have a kill 2 birds type thing going for it...

46u
2005.01.07, 04:05 PM
It has caused me to go elsewhere numerous times...

Been the same ever since I found out about this site 3 months ago.

I just wish I could get them to reply to my emails with questions and I know what you mean about the pictures! :D

no_tofu_speed
2005.01.15, 07:24 AM
Yes I agree this is a major problem! It would be worth the effort, and I can see how it can send people elsewhere to purchase, pictures, especially to people new to a certain product help so much and add so much more marketing potential. I am yet to purchase any upgrades as I am awaiting on my first mini-z but it does pain me thinking how mcuh I would liek to order items but have no idea what they are/look like...
May even be worth hiring that little extra help locally to update the website with digicam pics.

Torque
2005.01.22, 12:21 AM
it really bothers me when im trying to search and buy parts in the shop and there arent any pictures of what im going to buy. How hard would it be to put some thumbnail pictures next to each item?
Agreed! It's much easier to find something when you dont know the name if you can see the picture. Usually before I buy something I want to know what it looks like!

deputydog336
2005.03.10, 09:32 AM
Don't want to beat a dead horse as it has been brought up many times but: The shop needs photos. I buy a lot of things off the internet including mini z stuff, but i refuse to buy something I can't see first. I'm not going to plop down a hundred and someting bucks for a mini z i can't see what it looks like first. Granted I can look up a picture elsewhere for most of the readysets and stuff but thats a pain. I look forward to buying many products from the store but it won't happen until there's some pics!

arch2b
2005.03.10, 09:41 AM
fair enough. the resolution is underway as reported repeatedly.

Ronin
2005.03.28, 02:52 PM
any more recent news on this lately?

I'm kinda dissappointed about not having pictures in the shop, but the service and shipping time is very good! :D

mini-z
2005.05.22, 06:24 PM
Ronin, we decided to use our new site http://halfEIGHT.com to beta some of the new functionality - take a look at the Shop there for an idea of what's coming! :)

DigitalMafia
2005.06.04, 04:06 AM
The halfeight.com site's commerce application is very nice and I cannot wait to see the same functionality on this site!
dm.

mini-z
2005.06.17, 05:44 PM
Neither can we! Goal is August '05. :)

TNB
2005.06.17, 06:19 PM
Tick tock, tick tock.

mini-z
2005.06.17, 06:42 PM
TRC and YM will be moved over first, MZR being the largest and most complex. Another site will be launching in the next few days that will use the hE Shop directly. :)

arch2b
2005.06.18, 12:21 AM
ah, exciting times at tinyrc, inc. :D you've done a remarkable job with hE and i can't wait to see the other sites receive the same treatment.

bda52
2005.08.28, 10:48 PM
Any updates on the status of the change over for MZR to the hE style of shop?

HammerZ
2005.09.04, 12:58 AM
I have seen some TinyRC items in the HE shop. It would be nice to see it all integrated into one shop. As many items in the Mini Z shop I am sure it would take awhile. I finally got to use the shop for some Xmods bits, and I love the new additions. I would like to see a parts program for stock replacement parts, from as many posts as I have seen on "where to get parts?" that I have seen posted here alone.

arch2b
2005.09.04, 01:02 AM
I have seen some TinyRC items in the HE shop. It would be nice to see it all integrated into one shop. As many items in the Mini Z shop I am sure it would take awhile. I finally got to use the shop for some Xmods bits, and I love the new additions.
:D you shall soon have your wish ;) tinyrc, yourmicro, halfeight, mini-zracer epoch1-43 and still more to come all in one easy to use shop :cool: all the site logo's are up there on the shop already which is a big clue :p

HammerZ
2005.09.05, 04:39 AM
I seen the new logo. And I like the "wish list" feature as well as the different payment options.

I think a "Parts Program" for stock Kyosho parts can be done for not only for the Mini Z parts, but also for Half Eight parts too.

arch2b
2005.09.05, 09:05 PM
take a peek ;)
http://halfeight.com/shop/home.php?cat=272&catexp=272

this is just the start :)

HammerZ
2005.09.06, 08:15 AM
I guess some fine tuning may be in order. I have used this shop enough that I miss the colored tags for the chassis type. Look's good so far.

arch2b
2005.09.06, 06:48 PM
yes, there will be many things to fine tune and add but mini-z seems to have gotten over the largest hurdle of migrating the parts db from all the other shops.

i kow many have been frustrated with this or that but mini-z has put alot of fitme and effort into making these changes happen. it's been a large effort on his behalf.

DigitalMafia
2005.09.06, 11:51 PM
I think I can predict that your efforts will be repaid 10 fold by the increase in orders this online store will generate :) Keep up the good work!
DM.

HammerZ
2005.09.07, 12:24 PM
i kow many have been frustrated with this or that but mini-z has put alot of fitme and effort into making these changes happen. it's been a large effort on his behalf.

I do like what is done so far, very much so. I also realize how much stuff there is in the Mini Z Racer shop alone. Just look at the Body section from the shop here, then look at it over on the new shop. On the new shop it takes four pages to show all of them. Yes, it is set up to show more information and it is different. It is still good to see progress on it being done.

EMU
2005.09.13, 12:43 AM
Do you know if the shop interface will be adjustable by the user, I hate shops that have multiple pages for one section. I like the way the shop here was categorized and has all items in one section on one page, I hate searching through pages, would much rather scroll the page to find the items.

arch2b
2005.09.13, 05:15 AM
there will be aditional "sort" options added. the initial tuff part of getting all teh parts in from the other shops was the top priority, then tweaking the menu's to best suit each.

EMU
2005.09.13, 09:18 AM
Thanks. I placed an order the other day through the new shop, took me about 10x longer than it would with the old one... I guess I just had the old one memorized :rolleyes:

bolter9
2005.09.13, 10:22 AM
Thanks. I placed an order the other day through the new shop, took me about 10x longer than it would with the old one... I guess I just had the old one memorized :rolleyes:

The new mini Z shop is open for business?

HammerZ
2005.09.13, 12:43 PM
Shop (http://shop.tinyrc.com) is open and has alot of new features. I love the wish lists and the printable invoices, it is all good. I love the Orders Management as well, helps keep track of what you ordered.

bolter9
2005.09.13, 04:14 PM
Shop (http://shop.tinyrc.com) is open and has alot of new features. I love the wish lists and the printable invoices, it is all good. I love the Orders Management as well, helps keep track of what you ordered.

So are we supposed to use this shop or the new shop now? I haven't seen any kind of announcement...

arch2b
2005.09.13, 08:01 PM
there has not been a formal annoucement that i am aware of. i don't do any of the shop work myself so i just get to foll around with it prior to going live to see the new features etc. most of the time someone here has already noticed them new features before i get to mention them ;)

yes, wish list and order history are great things to have!

yes, there may be one or two more steps i guess to the process, but the overall features and options will be far superior to the old shop. notice the option for cc payments ;)

when mini-z is done, you will be very happy and hopefully prove his hard work was worthwhile :p

if you have questions regarding the use of the new shop, email mini-z. i do not know what to say regarding this but i do know the shop is up and running at this momonet with continued work to add more things and features.

EMU
2005.09.14, 12:05 AM
The old shop redirects to the new shop, so the new shop is the active shop ;).

minizjrd
2005.09.14, 07:14 AM
The new shop does look nice & the search capability is very handy, but...

- from a usage standpoint I also agree w/ an earlier poster & prefer the "one line for each item" presentation of the original shop.

- w/ the multiple line per item presentation, I think it would be clearer if the seperation line was moved down to after the "Buy Now" button. That would better delinate each item & make clear which item u r buying now.

- An additional field on each item to show what's new & the ability to sort and/or search on that new field would also be very handy. Simply adding a date field, then updating the date to the current date everytime a new item is added AND when an existing item returns to stock would allow us to check back in the shop, sort by "Date In" & see what's new and/or back in

- Most importqntly, I agree w/ an earlier poster in this thread, that there definately needs to be "Show All" option when results span more than 1 page... I would much rather scroll down then flop back & forth between pages. Especially, since we now have the ability to sort the results.

- And getting back to the subject of this thread we still need pictures :D

bolter9
2005.09.14, 10:36 AM
The old shop redirects to the new shop, so the new shop is the active shop ;).

Ah yes, now I see the "click here for new shop" buttons.

Cool- the new shop some things that aren't listed in the old shop....good to know that I can use it now :D

HammerZ
2005.09.14, 12:41 PM
I was trying to stay tight lipped on those new items, you go there you will see them anyway. Some things are better found out on your own. It is well worth it to sign in on the new shop now.

bolter9
2005.09.14, 12:58 PM
I was trying to stay tight lipped on those new items, you go there you will see them anyway. Some things are better found out on your own. It is well worth it to sign in on the new shop now.

what new items? I didn't see anything....well they did have a couple of new screw sets or something :p

HammerZ
2005.09.14, 01:13 PM
ASC's and Readysets, the only other clue I can say right now is Ford. Look for them in the lineup. I guess I can let that cat out of the bag since my order has just prossesed.

bolter9
2005.09.14, 04:12 PM
ASC's and Readysets, the only other clue I can say right now is Ford. Look for them in the lineup. I guess I can let that cat out of the bag since my order has just prossesed.

yeah I saw all those... I was just joking with my last post, considering that you were trying to keep it under wraps!

mini-z
2005.09.23, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback on the new Shop guys - I've started a new thread on the topic, please post any new feedback there, and also, learn how you can earn a $10 gift certificate:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19399

:)