PDA

View Full Version : RCP Tracks Mini-96 expansion kit

ExtraPickles
2004.10.23, 08:12 AM
Received our expansion kit yesterday from RCP to make the Mini-96 into a 3 tile wide setup. All I can say is wow! We had gotten pretty good at whipping around the standard 2 tile wide setup this past month or so, but the 3 tile wide setup takes it to a whole new level of speed and enjoyment. Thanks RCP!!

-pickles

RCPMini-z
2004.10.23, 11:57 AM
ExtraPickles, great to hear.

We just got in some 3 tile wide 30cm finish line prints. I will have one sent your way.

ExtraPickles
2004.10.23, 12:34 PM
ExtraPickles, great to hear.

We just got in some 3 tile wide 30cm finish line prints. I will have one sent your way.
Thanks! Most appreciated.

-pickles

lightfighter
2004.10.23, 01:29 PM
Thanks! Most appreciated.

-pickles

post some Pics pls

Maxfield
2004.10.23, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear it, I just ordered a second mini-tile set and a 3rd Wide "L" as well as some large and small blanks. Looking forward to hooking them all up for a wide open race track and a technical area too.

Hey RCP Mini-z,
Any chance I can get one of those 3 wide finish lane tiles too? Or just the middle tile?

I'll post some pics when it's all up.

RCPMini-z
2004.10.23, 04:29 PM
Maxfield, I believe we are packing your misc pieces this weekend. I will tell them to put a 3 tile wide 30cm finish line print in the box. The MZR order already went out and should be there Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

There were actually a bunch of 3 tile wide 50cm finish line sets that came in on the last shipment, but they were mismarked from the factory. We are checking each box as they go out and hopefully they will be located soon. If not, there is another US shipment of tracks, already being manufactured and should be here shortly. We will put new 50cm 3 tile wide prints on this new shipment.

If we can get the plastic rail skins made in the next few weeks, they will be arriving on the next shipment as well.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.24, 03:25 PM
I think these Mini-Tiles are catching on a lot fast now... i'm still trying to consider whether or not I should get a mini-tile... space is such a huge issue for me...

Maxfield
2004.10.24, 04:17 PM
Hey RCPMini-Z Thanks for the update. I think I'llbe able to make a really interesting track with these pieces.

2EZ
2004.10.25, 09:20 AM
RCPMini-Z

I recived the blancks you sent some time ago thanks again I love the track sounds like you have a expansion kit now to widen the whole 96 if so I am interested in the price.
Thanks
2EZ

GX9901
2004.10.25, 10:22 PM
RCPMini-Z,

I recently bought some 30cm expansion tiles from RCP Tracks (it was the 40 lane & 20 side-rail order). I would love to get the expansion tile with the finish line printed on it. Can I just order one of those tiles?
Thanks.

RCPMini-z
2004.10.25, 10:30 PM
GX9901, just send us an email and we can ship you out a 3 tile wide finish line print.

2EZ, send us an email for additional blank tile needs.

DAMZer
2004.10.26, 10:31 PM
Yeah but 2EZ, I've set mine up and we've run on it with the expansion tiles, when am I going to see yours set-up?? :D :rolleyes: :cool:

If I had the funds I would invest heavily into more track pieces. This is the best thing to happen to Z's, equivalent in breakthroughs with the introduction of MR02's and the Pocket Knife!!

Hammer
2004.10.26, 11:09 PM
I must say RCPMini-Z has produced a very superior product. Using the Mini-96 expansion kit, I have been able to expand my Mini-96 lane width from the stock lane width of 18 3/8 by one blank mini tile [30 1/4] or two blank mini tiles [42"], I have found this adds very much to the flexibility of the Mini-96. ;)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.27, 12:20 AM
Why is everyone expanding their mini-96 now instead of buying the wide lane? Is it so they can keep the technical aspect of the smaller track or for cost reasons?

Draconious
2004.10.27, 02:01 AM
way more configuration options with 3 30cm tiles, vs 2 50cm tiles.. and you dont realy lose all that much lane width...

ExtraPickles
2004.10.27, 09:19 AM
Why is everyone expanding their mini-96 now instead of buying the wide lane? Is it so they can keep the technical aspect of the smaller track or for cost reasons?
My reasoning was flexibility, I have some 2 tile wide and some 3 tile wide sections of the track. For me the whole track setup at 3 tiles wide is TOO wide for solo practicing, it makes it too easy.

Cost didn't really enter into it for me. I first saw pics of the track surfing around and knew I had to have one for something to do in the winter when it's too cold to run nitro monster trucks. Next I found out what cars are used to run on it and that's how I got into MiniZs. (Glad I didn't stumble onto an X-mod site first!) The 50 cm tile based tracks just looked too simple...

-pickles

roybfr
2004.10.27, 01:55 PM
Even thougth I just picked up a few wide L's I would like to get a Mini96 or two down the road. I know they are aimed at the Mini-z but with the lanes widened a tile in the corner could a single MRS4 make the turn?

DAMZer
2004.10.27, 06:08 PM
I kept the same basic layout I had and widened only the areas I wanted to carry more speed through................end of straight sweeper.........1 hairpin.........etc...

Hammer
2004.10.27, 07:07 PM
I have a couple of Wide Ls and a couple of Mini-96s. Like Drac, DAMZer and others have stated, the Mini-96 provides more flexibility. The smaller the components the greater number of possible track configurations.

When the 30cm to 50cm tile transition kit becomes available look out, the possibilities will be amazing. Not to mention the larger radius inside & outside corner tiles & rails RCP is planing to make available soon, this should be a lot of fun. :D

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.27, 09:43 PM
I'm going to have to look into what I can do with some mini-tile...

I have 3 wide Ls and they seem to collect dust more than anything, I love them to death but I don't have the space to set them all up or set any 1 of them up for a long period of time... which is a huge hinderance.