PDA

View Full Version : Finally replaced broken enzo body.

cdeath
2004.10.26, 06:50 AM
I finally got a new body to replace my very trashed enzo body. See the old enzo here old enzo (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/cdeath/ENZO11). Here it is my new McLearn body, I also got a new motor pod that I can adjust for big pinions.

Thats my Betta fish in the background of pic#2 his name is Baltizar. ;)

HammerZ
2004.10.26, 07:22 AM
The way the rear wheels stick out you look like you are on your way to broken T-plates.

cdeath
2004.10.26, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I am using the enzos wheels for now. I havent had time to glue new tires on the mclearn's wheels. I noticed that the McLearn's side mirrors are made of rubber not the hard plastic that the enzo's were made of. Hopefully they will last a little longer now.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.26, 08:19 AM
nice body, hope this one stands up a little better than the last ;)

arch2b
2004.10.26, 08:25 AM
you should lower it some.... it looks much higher up than mine. i put shims in the front and back and it looks/runs much better

cdeath
2004.10.26, 08:30 AM
Funny you should mention that arch I was noticing that it seemed a little high last night. I will probably lower it just a little tonite. ;) Thanks!

arch2b
2004.10.26, 08:46 AM
that was one of the first things i noticed when i got mine :p none of the other kyohso images seem to look so high though?

cdeath
2004.10.26, 08:57 AM
I want to thank you guys for providing good miniz discussion in these threads. Knowbody where I live knows about or cares for miniz's so this is my only outlet for talking about this kind of stuff except for when I get to drive across the state to race on thursdays. :D

Btw the people at the track were pissed off about me having the fasted miniz and I speculate that they are tring to change the rules for the "open class" to not include lithium. :mad: Can we say JEALOUS!!!

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.26, 08:58 AM
Iwaver bodies are the same though, I don't think that they use the spacers on the suspension plates, but that only lowers the rear...

I've never lowered the front of any of my cars, is there any easy way to do it?

cdeath
2004.10.26, 09:00 AM
27 I think the easy way to lower the front is to jam some washers on the kingpins.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.26, 09:07 AM
27 I think the easy way to lower the front is to jam some washers on the kingpins.
never thought of something like that... I should try that and see how it handles. I think that it would be especially benifitial for a MR-01 since they are so much higher.

arch2b
2004.10.26, 09:52 AM
for the mr-02 it's a bit more tricky as there is less overall room for movement. the rtr comes with a set of knuckle parts that increase or decrease the suspension travel. if you switch to the thinest set and place a shim under the knuckle you still get a tiny bit of movement as well as lowering the front a tad.

your right, with teh mr-01 it's much easier. just put a bushing under the knuckle and your good to go.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.26, 12:09 PM
i'm going to experiment once I get a few other things taken care of... life isn't all about the mini-zs although my better half would argue that I sure try and make it that way :D :o

arch2b
2004.10.26, 12:22 PM
i'm going to experiment once I get a few other things taken care of... life isn't all about the mini-zs although my better half would argue that I sure try and make it that way :D :o
your's too ;) although my z time has dimished significantly since the 2nd child, my zeal for them has not :p

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.26, 12:39 PM
yeah, as work gets more and more hectic I find myself spending a lot more time talking about them then actually getting to race... it's really sad. It sit down to write reports and such and when I get stressed out and need to take a break I pull out the Z and race around the desk... the track hasn't gotten set up in a couple weeks... it's been insane... that's why i've been looking into the Mini-tile a lot, need something that I can have permenently set up so that I don't have to waste time setting it up for the 20 minutes while i'm cooking supper and so on... i'm an addict to this mini-z stuff, but my schedule doesn't like them :( I can't even begin to imaging how the new child is affecting things for you, but children are wonderful :D