PDA

View Full Version : Lakeshore Concepts track ???

Pages : 1 [2]

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.19, 03:00 PM
oh you have no idea...... :rolleyes: ;)
damnit where are my antennas the shop has failed to respond to my 12 per hour e-mail rate :p ...sorry couldn't resist that one... sr. may have been the intimidator but I'm the instigator :rolleyes:

arch2b
2005.04.19, 03:03 PM
damnit where are my antennas the shop has failed to respond to my 12 per hour e-mail rate :p ...sorry couldn't resist that one... sr. may have been the intimidator but I'm the instigator :rolleyes:
thanks for making me smile today :p tis but an example of what a moderator has to put up with

saiyan
2005.04.19, 03:05 PM
;) I try to amaze at least one person a day :D . I was just making an observation that you seem pretty biased and i don't think you've raced on a lakeshore track. I haven't either, but i'll reserve my opinion of witch track is the best until after i've raced on both RCP and LS. I'm not tryin to p*ss any one off or make a challenge. It's that your post seem so condisending of any posts about the Lakeshore tracks.

I won't post anymore possibly offending comments. I don't want to get in any trouble from the moderators. I really like this forum and wouldn't want to 'burn any bridges'.

So i appaulogize and will give respect to you, as i know you have contributed many a good post. I didn't mean for you to take offense. :o

arch2b
2005.04.19, 03:13 PM
even i manage to piss people off at times. ask tnb :p ;) it happens. the best thing to do is simple move past it and continue on. i know it's not the easy thing to do but it's the best.

TNB
2005.04.19, 04:57 PM
To Saiyan and to anyone else concerned,

First of all, I've never claimed to have raced on a Lakeshore Track and I've made it quite clear as well as the fact that I have offered to drive to California and test out a Lakeshore Track supposedly owned by a member of this forum. I've also posted that I hope someone does purchase a Lakeshore track and if they are close to me, that they allow me to try it out. This also doesn't matter if it is used or not, but it does make me wonder why the Lakeshore Track was sold. It also makes me wonder why the offers were never taken up or even offers provided to other nearby members to run on the Lakeshore Track.

Second, If I had raced on a Lakeshore Track, I wouldn't be asking questions about a Lakeshore Track since I'd have one of my own to compare. Perhaps when you go to RCX as you posted on another thread, you will have at least tried out an RCP Track though the demo cars used will be nothing like a modified Kyosho Mini-Z and the layout probably won't be the typical layout. If there is any doubt as to what I am writing or my meaning, view the photos of the demo tracks in Gallery TNB. It's just too bad the last I knew Lakeshore Tracks was not demo'ing their track. If they are, I'm sure someone who is waiting in the wings to pounce on my comments will inform the forum.

Third, this reminds me of a bunch of Xmod owners claiming how great their Xmods are to Mini-Z owners, yet the Xmod owners have never driven a Kyosho Mini-Z and assert that Mini-Z owners can't possible make any kind of valuable argument since they don't own an Xmod. Well guess what, I went out and purchased an Xmod and it was just as bad as I anticipated, so I am not going to do the same thing in this instance and that is go out and purchase a Lakeshore Track. I'll simply drive on one first if and when the opportunity arises.

Fourth, I'll continue to ask questions about the Lakeshore Track until I have an opportunity to drive a Kyosho Mini-Z on it. After all, why I shouldn't I be allowed to ask questions and post comments on a public forum? After I try out a Lakeshore Track, if and when that may ever happen, I'll make my own review if I am still posting on this forum or elsewhere for that matter since quite frankly, I am pleased with my own RCP Track and don't believe I should have to defend myself to anyone dispite this long post. And if I seem rather bias towards RCP Tracks, it is because I have yet to drive on a Lakeshore Track and until I get to drive/race on a Lakeshore Track, I'll maintain my same opinion. After all, ""I develop my views from the existing pool of knowledge and I will adapt my views when I learn more . . . My views are based on the basic fundamental laws of nature and physics that I am now aware of." Temple Grandin.

Fifth, I really don't freaking care if someone or anyone takes a garden hose and duct tapes it to some carpet for a track. It's "their" track and "their" fun.

even i manage to piss people off at times. ask tnb :p ;) it happens. the best thing to do is simple move past it and continue on. i know it's not the easy thing to do but it's the best.
As long as there are two members with two different cars and two different set-ups with two different opinions, someone one will probably get upset, especially if they can't go head-to-head on the same track. And even then, someone will probably complain since they came in second instead of first. Either way, I don't really freaking care anymore.

Shelby
2005.04.19, 06:16 PM
Alright guys. here goes....Dont all grill me at one time!!!!!! Sorry I have been to busy at work to get on lately and tonight is no exception so I'll be brief and do a much longer post in the future. I bought a barely used Lakeshore Track off ebay. It was the biggest one they have in the grip surface. Ill give exact details later or try to answer questions. The racing surface is about 22.5 inches wide by 24 inches long. It is a pretty basic foam tile. the edges are cut off and glued onto the tiles and an added color foam piece is glued just inside the cutoff piece. The great looking lane lines are made with a marker or something and do not always line up exact from piece to piece. The track is very very easy to set up and change quickly. With as much track as it came with I can make a pretty huge setup and it comes with two bridge setups and a four way intersection if you liek the idea of getting your Z smashed up (Not me) I have bought a bunch of Zs to get started but have not had time to mess with setups. In my limited time I have been able to run it a bit and made a pretty big set up right now. My two F1s do pretty well on it many of my other zs have some issues which I'm working on. Lakeshore suggests foam tires which I need to buy. Even with the Grip track i'm sliding and spinning everywhere. Dont need to worry about x speed motors and turbos as I cant get the car anywhere close to top spped and try to make any kind of corner. It is still fun though and Im getting better at driving it, and the setup has a lot of corners right now. I'll try to do some pictures soon. It is fun, easy to set up and store away, although the rails dont coem off like RCP. I think it can be a very fun track. As far as professional or seroius racing not so sure it would be great. Would only use 2-4 cars on it in my opinion. Seems like a more family fun type of track. Would be a lot faster to set up then what I've read about the RCP. I set up my pretty big setup in like 5 minutes. I'll write more about it later and try to answer questions.

Thanks for the review Deputy. It pretty much is the same type of review I’ve read on a few other forums. It doesn’t appear the company Lakeshore has done much R & D on their product before promoting it as a Mini-z track. I think they saw what RCP has done and made something more with the “WOW” factor in looks to try and balance out the lacking performance features. It’s probably why they changed their return policy to “no returns” since too many people where sucked in by the pictures and where disappointed once they really got to run a Mini-z on it. Deputy, I would like to see what a slightly hopped up Miniz will do on the track, although if the Lakeshore track can’t handle a stock z, its only going to get worse with something a little modified. I think rcp has pretty much set the standard for linking fatigue mat type tracks. They got everything covered when it comes to grip, no grip, some grip all in one track. They got the biggest side rails and the biggest endorsements like Kyosho , rs,mzr and ( just recently I read PN Racing). At this stage of the game I think it would be pretty tough almost next to impossible for someone to get into the antifatigue mat track business and think they are going to get a strong commitment base, especially at double the cost of what is already available. I think you got to come up with something very different or a lot better and cut your prices to half of what is already out there, to even have a chance of converting current rcp users from here or for that matter myself, to the other side of the fence. Just my two cents.

bda52
2005.04.19, 06:42 PM
First off, TNB I hope that is not you saying goodbye to this forum. I hope it is just blowing off some steam. Your information and creativity has been an asset to the forum and at least me.

deputydog336, you said your F1's do well on the track but your other Z's do not handle it well. Have you hopped up the F1's? Softer tires all around? Different springs? I guess for me when I got my RCP I started off hooking up my MR02 first then worked on my F1s. The first F1 I got had foams on it already and hooked up ok until I did some changes to it and now it runs better. I even got rid of the foams and went with K 20* front slicks and 10* Atomic grooved rears. Works better than the GPM foams. I am thinking the GPM's are the harder foam.

Oh, on the initial set up of the RCP track it does take a little longer than the 5 minutes you said it took you to set up the Lakeshore but after RCP's set up you do not have to take the rails off to tear it down. Next time you set it up you can just put it together like a puzzle.

Please keep us posted on your progress with the cars and the track. Also, please add pics when you get a chance.

chuckyluv
2005.04.19, 08:26 PM

First of all, I've never claimed to have raced on a Lakeshore Track and I've made it quite clear as well as the fact that I have offered to drive to California and test out a Lakeshore Track supposedly owned by a member of this forum. I've also posted that I hope someone does purchase a Lakeshore track and if they are close to me, that they allow me to try it out. This also doesn't matter if it is used or not, but it does make me wonder why the Lakeshore Track was sold. It also makes me wonder why the offers were never taken up or even offers provided to other nearby members to run on the Lakeshore Track.

Second, If I had raced on a Lakeshore Track, I wouldn't be asking questions about a Lakeshore Track since I'd have one of my own to compare. Perhaps when you go to RCX as you posted on another thread, you will have at least tried out an RCP Track though the demo cars used will be nothing like a modified Kyosho Mini-Z and the layout probably won't be the typical layout. If there is any doubt as to what I am writing or my meaning, view the photos of the demo tracks in Gallery TNB. It's just too bad the last I knew Lakeshore Tracks was not demo'ing their track. If they are, I'm sure someone who is waiting in the wings to pounce on my comments will inform the forum.

Third, this reminds me of a bunch of Xmod owners claiming how great their Xmods are to Mini-Z owners, yet the Xmod owners have never driven a Kyosho Mini-Z and assert that Mini-Z owners can't possible make any kind of valuable argument since they don't own an Xmod. Well guess what, I went out and purchased an Xmod and it was just as bad as I anticipated, so I am not going to do the same thing in this instance and that is go out and purchase a Lakeshore Track. I'll simply drive on one first if and when the opportunity arises.

Fourth, I'll continue to ask questions about the Lakeshore Track until I have an opportunity to drive a Kyosho Mini-Z on it. After all, why I shouldn't I be allowed to ask questions and post comments on a public forum? After I try out a Lakeshore Track, if and when that may ever happen, I'll make my own review if I am still posting on this forum or elsewhere for that matter since quite frankly, I am pleased with my own RCP Track and don't believe I should have to defend myself to anyone dispite this long post. And if I seem rather bias towards RCP Tracks, it is because I have yet to drive on a Lakeshore Track and until I get to drive/race on a Lakeshore Track, I'll maintain my same opinion. After all, ""I develop my views from the existing pool of knowledge and I will adapt my views when I learn more . . . My views are based on the basic fundamental laws of nature and physics that I am now aware of." Temple Grandin.

Fifth, I really don't freaking care if someone or anyone takes a garden hose and duct tapes it to some carpet for a track. It's "their" track and "their" fun.

As long as there are two members with two different cars and two different set-ups with two different opinions, someone one will probably get upset, especially if they can't go head-to-head on the same track. And even then, someone will probably complain since they came in second instead of first. Either way, I don't really freaking care anymore.
you nailed it on the cross.....i have raced at arch2b's on rcp track and own one myself...tnb dont loose it....because of no opinions on an untested surface by others.you are a minzzzerrr i respect for your opinions and post...those that make you!@#$# upset do that because they just dont get it the same as people who appreciate a nice TESTED surface. Keep the focus and hope to meet you soon,coming to vegas for vacation in summer...chuckyluv!!

TNB
2005.04.19, 10:49 PM
Thanks. Yes, lots of steam. However, not quite as hot as Las Vegas is in the summer time. Chuckyluv, now is the "season" to visit.

joseph
2005.04.20, 08:50 AM
I would have to agree with tnb since i live right down the street from him right now is the best time to visit cause if you wait till june or july its gonna be 110 to 115 every day for a while :)

saiyan
2005.04.20, 01:14 PM
Yea! No need for tyre warmers at that time here neither. :D

williams F1#3
2005.04.20, 01:44 PM
hey thats my track........ :D
thats how we like here on mini-zracer.com! kyosho mr-02's on rcp!! :p

deputydog336
2005.04.25, 04:14 PM
deputydog336,

Looking forward to the photos and review. Do the antennas clear the bridges? When you wrote that you "cant get the car anywhere close to top spped and try to make any kind of corner" is that becuase you can't get any grip supposedly since you are not running recommended foams? If you only recommend "2-4 cars" at one time, is your Lakeshore track more like the size of an RCP Track Mini-Tile 96 or do you only recommend 2-4 cars because of the lack of grip?

Thanks.

TNB,

As far as the top speed cornering..yes its due to having no traction...The car spins out..I have not bought foam tires yet so I'm hoping that will make a huge difference. I need to figure out which ones to buy from the store. As far as running 2-4 cars..Its just not wide enough to run anymore due tot he width...I dont know the width of the mini96 track. Plus with the lack of grip it would end up being a demolition derby if you ran any more than that. I will try to get to more later I've just been really swamped at home and work.

deputydog336
2005.04.25, 04:19 PM

TNB,

I wouldnt mind letting people try out the track but there doesnt seem to be many members around Chicago...at least based on a thread i started asking for guys in the area.

deputydog336
2005.04.25, 04:24 PM
First off, TNB I hope that is not you saying goodbye to this forum. I hope it is just blowing off some steam. Your information and creativity has been an asset to the forum and at least me.

deputydog336, you said your F1's do well on the track but your other Z's do not handle it well. Have you hopped up the F1's? Softer tires all around? Different springs? I guess for me when I got my RCP I started off hooking up my MR02 first then worked on my F1s. The first F1 I got had foams on it already and hooked up ok until I did some changes to it and now it runs better. I even got rid of the foams and went with K 20* front slicks and 10* Atomic grooved rears. Works better than the GPM foams. I am thinking the GPM's are the harder foam.

Oh, on the initial set up of the RCP track it does take a little longer than the 5 minutes you said it took you to set up the Lakeshore but after RCP's set up you do not have to take the rails off to tear it down. Next time you set it up you can just put it together like a puzzle.

Please keep us posted on your progress with the cars and the track. Also, please add pics when you get a chance.

BDA52,

The F1's were bought used one has some modifications one appears stock..neither have foam tires, which I'd like to find. The other z's are running rubber tires as well. I jst think I've had a little better luck so far with the f1's. I mentioned before this review was very preliminary as I have had almost zero time to run on the track and have not done anything to modify or adjust my cars to run well on this track. I am new to the whole mini z thing so I'm not to knowledgeable on how to upgrade my z's r get them set up I'm hoping to get better and get some time to do that soon.

TNB
2005.04.25, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The RCP Mini-Tile 96 uses 30cm tiles so the lane width would be 60cm less the width of the barrier rails. I'll let you do the conversion since I don't have a ruler in front of me nor the tiles. ;)

Perhaps, after you try a few sets of foam tires, some of the Ohio or Michigan members can make a road trip your way if they are interested and you let them know which foams they need in advance. If you have to, I guess a visit to a local Radio Shack to convert a few Xmod owners to Z owners if they don't convert you to an Xmod racer so at least someone else can run with you too. Good luck finding some running mates.

bda52
2005.04.25, 05:48 PM
The F1's were bought used one has some modifications one appears stock..neither have foam tires, which I'd like to find. soon.

The shop here stocks Squat and GPM foams. The GPM the shop carries are hard foam. GPM does make a soft foam which would work better on the RCP at least. You might have better luck with Atomic 10* rear tires with 20* or 23* fronts for the F1's. That is what works best for me.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.25, 06:12 PM
I've bought the suqats from the shop. Just remember to get enough of the F1 Side rings or the tires will be too narrow for the rims. Frankly I prefer the softest rubber I can find. Presently I am using the K 10 degree. I dont think the shop here has them. I got them at HKS before they closed.

arch2b
2005.04.25, 06:16 PM
both kyosho and atomic have 10 deg. f1 tires

byebye
2005.04.25, 08:15 PM
I would run some 8deg gpms if you have them. Those are my tire of choice. I used to have my RCP flipped over and IMO had better traction than on the textured side.

-Byebye

williams F1#3
2005.04.25, 09:41 PM
well it seems to me that its all personal prefrence in that everyone has a differnt tyre choice. try some out and see what you like. i myself would recomend atomic 10* all around............but thats just me :p

saiyan
2005.04.29, 04:36 PM
wide oval (http://www.dadsfunpage.com/videos/XMODS_md.wmv)Here is a link to a video of a family playing on a lakeshore wide oval track. It's a bit bumpy lookin, but i think the kids keep getting on it to turn over their cars. I also think they are all xmods.

bda52
2005.04.29, 05:33 PM
wide oval (http://www.dadsfunpage.com/videos/XMODS_md.wmv)Here is a link to a video of a family playing on a lakeshore wide oval track. It's a bit bumpy lookin, but i think the kids keep getting on it to turn over their cars. I also think they are all xmods.

Thanks for posting the link. I think the bumpy part is that time was not taken to smooth out the connections between the tiles.

Now after seeing that video, I must say that LS tracks are not near as pretty looking as they appear on their site.

TNB
2005.04.29, 05:38 PM
But the crash still looked good. ;)

saiyan
2005.04.29, 06:50 PM
Well the track doesn't have 'lanes' and the lighting from the mini cam is off a lil bit, but it does lack a little in the looks dept. However it is a wide oval, and i've never seen a good lookin oval yet. ;)

bda52
2005.04.29, 06:56 PM
What about the gaps between the sections? Seems like a place you could get your car hung up and do some real damage.

saiyan
2005.04.30, 01:26 AM
I missed them the first time i watched it, but yeah i don't like that either. I'll have to go to their web page and look at other pics to see if they're all like that. I could definately see a few mirrors popping off from those.

Ken Mifune
2005.04.30, 02:34 AM
That video looks like alot of fun. Good work from the car-cam and editing. The sideways-cam was a good idea.
The handling seemed pretty good for zooming around in a circle and not having all the tiles flat. I didn't see any excessive spinning out.
I'm guessing, but I think the tiles shift up/down when the track is set up on thick carpeting and people walk on the tiles.
The rail gaps don't bother me. Most of the damage seems to come from the other drivers anyway.

saiyan
2005.04.30, 02:44 AM
My neighbor is an 'older' gentlman and uses fatigue mats on his patio. I told him about my mini-z and the different tracks and he said he would let me run around a few 'laps' to test the surface as long as i let him take a spin himself. That was cool with me, so i brought both my box stock mini-zs, the IW02 and the MR02. The mro2 had stock tires and required an easy finger to get it to go anywhere without spinnin out. The IW02 had the foams that came with it and i could go full trigger without any spin, except for the wheels at full throttle. So it seems to me that as long as you have sticky enough tires and some throttle controle it could be good enough to race on.

byebye
2005.04.30, 08:23 AM
I surprises me that no one buys GPM tires before running on any surface. I run 8 religously and started out on the AFM track. I even flipped my RCP over because I was getting better grip on the slick side with 8 deg tires. If had the time and money I would build a track with rcp tiles with the slick side up. Trust me on this. It almost annoys me when people don't change tires and wonder why there car spins out or isn't fast. I usually give rear 8 deg tires to people who don't have them. You will realise the full potential of your car when you have a really good set of tires. I'm willing to bet those x-mods were running the stickiest x-mod tires you can get.

The LS track is not as apealling to the eyes because of the color of the the mats. The RCP on the slick side is the same color and tire tracks, spins and burnouts will show just as much. I wouldn't mind running on an LS track. It's no different from any other track of the same surface. Now that I think about it, it's almost the best option if you want a larger than mini-96 but smaller than a wide-L.

-Byebye

Edward
2005.04.30, 11:20 AM
I think your best option is the mini-96 and install rcp blanks to make the lane a little wider. Now you have the choice to flip the tiles if you want along with all the added features of the track.

TNB
2005.04.30, 06:03 PM
If had the time and money I would build a track with rcp tiles with the slick side up.
As some may already know, the Radio Shack XRL Tournament was held using the "slick side" and some people do prefer to use the RS tires on their Zs as well.

byebye
2005.04.30, 06:51 PM
I remember reading that somewhere. I wonder why? I had x-mods before mini-z's and ran the sticky treaded x-mod tires on my first mini-z. TNB is your track still setup?

TNB
2005.04.30, 09:22 PM
Yes. Are you coming down?

byebye
2005.05.01, 08:34 AM
Getting ready to roll out here in a few days and will be in california in about 10. During the week while in the AV we can plan an overnighter and hit the track.

TNB
2005.05.01, 11:48 AM
So I take it this will be within 10 days? Just let me know when you have more specifics. You can also email me through my website with contact information if you want--it should go to my telephone as long as there is something in the subject line and none of the key words I added to the spam filters then I could call you if something comes up or provide you with directions.

machine
2005.08.18, 06:30 PM
Bring it back from the dead.

I was looking at the LS tracks again, and tho not pretty they do offer a grip "suede" texture now, and a thicker side rail. I'd still like to hear from someone whose bought the track system, like a review or something.

I'd love to do a head to head shoot out of the RCP vs. the LS track systems. Just need someone to donate 2 wide L's and the equal number of tiles of a LS track to lay them out in the same configuration. Hey I'll even send them back COD!! LOL

I'd even add my ozite track in the review so we all can get a total all imcompassing POV.

:)

bda52
2005.08.18, 06:47 PM
Bring it back from the dead.

I was looking at the LS tracks again, and tho not pretty they do offer a grip "suede" texture now, and a thicker side rail. I'd still like to hear from someone whose bought the track system, like a review or something.

I'd love to do a head to head shoot out of the RCP vs. the LS track systems. Just need someone to donate 2 wide L's and the equal number of tiles of a LS track to lay them out in the same configuration. Hey I'll even send them back COD!! LOL

I'd even add my ozite track in the review so we all can get a total all imcompassing POV.

:)

Sorry I cannot help you out with any of the tracks but look at the second button on the lefthand side of the screen. You can rent their tracks. I have not e-mailed them for any info since, honestly, I am not interested in there product any longer. I am happy with the purchase I made :D

I do see that it is no longer Lakeshore. They are now Microtrack (http://www.microtracksystems.com/). They have had 2 different options of texture for quite a while now along with the wider rail. You just have to choose one or the other.

Flexness
2005.09.05, 09:46 AM
is this tracks for xmods or mini-z?

bda52
2005.09.05, 11:37 AM
is this tracks for xmods or mini-z?

Both. Though with Xmods poor turning radius they would be more difficult to run on the track.

AtlRC
2006.12.06, 10:05 PM
Anybody know what happened to Lakeshore (or Microtrack)? I can't seam to find them anymore.

MINIz guy11
2006.12.06, 10:08 PM
I believe they were put out of business by RCP by a law suit.