PDA

View Full Version : Hi you guys im new and have some qs

Skyline240
2002.02.19, 01:36 PM
well i just got my Mini z but its from the palm runner series and i was wondering what type of parts i can get for it because i was looking at all the shops and most of them are for just regular MINI Z. but there doesnt seem to be much difference. would i be able to uses all the Parts on my Miniz like wheels, motor and i even heard theres turbo

Draconious
2002.02.19, 02:32 PM
The Motor is likely the only hop up you will get... as far as I know the special Palm Runner version of the X-Speed (no wires or capacitors) is its only upgrade.

As for the bodies, rims, and tires... they should all work as long as the right rim has enough room under the body etc...

Turbos? the ESC on the Palm runner is not adequet for installing the turbo.. its not entirely proportional.

If you want a car to upgrade, its gota be the standard Mini-Z or F1 chassis... the palm runner is just a cheaper less featured way of making the fancy AutoScale bodies move around your desk.

You might be able to swap out the rear end on the PalmRunner for a standard Mini-Z one.. to get use of the ball diff, but its kinda pointless if you dont even have proportional steering.. that would make a bigger change.

Skyline240
2002.02.19, 06:42 PM
how much does the regular miniz go for because when i went on ebay they were going for like 200

Draconious
2002.02.19, 06:50 PM
They are sold on this web page, click on SHOP above ;) --- will be under 140 definatly... and cheaper depending on his stock etc... just email Mini-Z ;).

Never pay over 140$ for a Mini-z... and on ebay always remember to add the shipping to the going bid... sometimes its upto 40$!!! but thats only for the totaly insane overpriced shops in HK (most are ok prices, but the shipping rips you a new one)

MetaOrbit
2002.02.19, 07:28 PM
I've found several places online where you can consistently get a brand new Mini-Z for about $110 including shipping. Some places even throw in some free bearings, or springs, and such.

Where ever you choose to buy from, I agree with Drac, never over $140 (never over $110 if you're like me and are the kinda shopper I am!). Anyway, I have the Palm Runner and the Mini-Z Racer, and the Racer is definitely the way to go if you want something fast, realistic, and easily "moddable."

John

Skyline240
2002.02.20, 12:24 AM
Metaorbit what are some of the webpages that sell em

MetaOrbit
2002.02.20, 07:16 AM
I'm technically not "allowed" to say what they are out in the open, but I'll PM you.