PDA

View Full Version : New NASCAR Truck body for the F1 Mini-z

Blackno3
2004.10.30, 07:36 PM
Cp Raceway has a new truck body that will go on the CP CUP CAR kit.
It’s the same size as the CP CUP CAR and we are calling it the CP CUP TRUCK.
It’s is a generic lexan truck body but when you paint it and ad slot car or 1/24 scale model decals it ends up looking a lot like a nascar craftsman truck.

It will be available with in about two week as a kit or you can get just the body. The kit and bodies will be priced the same as the CP cup car.

We will also be starting a new racing class for them. The rules will be the same as the CP cup car but they will be running stock mini-z motors.

Here are some photos of the prototype. The truck will be the same as the prototype we are not making any changes to it.

solartech
2004.10.30, 07:43 PM
Looks good! When will the new class start?

Blackno3
2004.10.30, 07:49 PM
The new class will start as soon as we have enough racers signed up for it.

Hammer
2004.10.30, 10:08 PM
Once again, very nice Eric. You are certainly doing a good job delineating the NASCAR series in the Mini-Z format. I’m looking forward to your first painted CP NASCAR Truck body. :D

biged358
2004.10.30, 10:45 PM
I was lucky enough to be in the store when it arrived. In fact, I laid eyes on it before Eric did. :) I must say it's a terrific body. Man, Eric you didn't waste any time getting it painted and decaled. ;) Did you get a chance to run it? I was wondering how it handled compared to the Cup cars. Do you have an idea what night the truck class will run? Also, does it fit on the Cup chassis kit?

See everyone Monday night.

Ed

gulfclk
2004.10.31, 01:51 AM
Good work, I know how difficult it is to make those bodies and moulds.

Anyway ... for me, the wheels are a bit too small for that size of body ... but grat work anyway!

davkin
2004.10.31, 11:54 AM
Man, that is just so cool! I wish we had the demand here as well as a place to race them to start a series with those things.

David

arch2b
2004.10.31, 12:21 PM
your definatley creating a whole new genre of mini-z fans!

i'm still gathering our cup car class so it will be awhile before i can get the tricks going. i also don't have another extra f1 chassis :(

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.31, 11:43 PM
I love it but i'm really disapointed in one thing, why would you promote running a different series than the CP cup CAR... I know these are trucks but if it is the same as the Cup car except the body is a slightly different shape, why are you making people race them in different classes....

What advantages and disadvantages do the Cup Cars and Trucks have versus eachother for you to decide different racing classes? Or, is it just a sceme so that you can get the first few buyers to convince their friends to get those as well as their cup car because they want to race them... :(

Twenty-Se7en
2004.10.31, 11:46 PM
can't edit so i'll just add this:

sorry if that seemed like an attack, I just am wondering why you say they are basically the same but treat them different... I know that if you were technically following Nascar rules that it would be nice to have the cars and trucks in different classes, but these are not liscenced Nascar cars and trucks, they are what we decide to make them...

so, please try to unclutter my mind :o

sorry for comming off so harsh, it wasn't my intention.

Breeze
2004.11.01, 12:50 PM
I can almost guarantee that just like the 1:1 NASCAR racers, the CP cars and the trucks will not handle the same. Having different classes for each is a good thing IMHO. ;)

TNB
2004.11.01, 12:58 PM
The same with 1/4 scale and in slot car racing. ;)

PAULANGELO
2004.11.01, 01:35 PM
and Eric has stated the motors allowed in the truck class would be the stock motor. guess the cars will go faster than the trucks just like in real life also.

Blackno3
2004.11.01, 03:43 PM
First off thanks to everyone for the complements.

Good work, I know how difficult it is to make those bodies and moulds.
Anyway ... for me, the wheels are a bit too small for that size of body ... but grat work anyway!

Gulfclk the CP Cup Car and truck where designed and made with only one thing in mind and that is racing. Not European racing but American style Stock Car Racing. They where not designed to sit on a shelf and look pretty. By the way your 24 truck came out looking awesome if it where only Black and had a big No3 no it I would love to have it sitting on a shelf in my house and maybe carefully drive it around once in awhile.

As far as the wheels being a little small I agree but when they are racing wide open on our tracks they look great. Again your 24 truck looks great you did awesome modeling job on it but I don’t think it would last more than two minutes racing with the CP trunks.

Gulfclk thanks for your complements I due appreciate it coming from someone how is really in to the modeling aspect of mini-z’s.

I bet that I am going to need to start a thread to explain what American style Stock Car Racing is. How do I explain that lots of Beer, Barbequing, flag waving, hot looking women and motor sports can all go together to European mini-z enthusiasts?

Also how you explain going really fast turning left, swapping paint and muscling your way around other cars with out wrecking “or at lest trying not to” is appealing to a lot of Americans? Any one please jump in.

your definatley creating a whole new genre of mini-z fans!

i'm still gathering our cup car class so it will be awhile before i can get the tricks going. i also don't have another extra f1 chassis :(

arch2b the truck and car bodies are as easy to change as mini-z bodies most of are racers are going to have only one F1 and just change bodies and motors.

Blackno3
2004.11.01, 03:44 PM
I love it but i'm really disapointed in one thing, why would you promote running a different series than the CP cup CAR... I know these are trucks but if it is the same as the Cup car except the body is a slightly different shape, why are you making people race them in different classes....

Twenty-Se7en, The truck series is going to be a miner league, a class that beginners can start out.

What advantages and disadvantages do the Cup Cars and Trucks have versus each other for you to decide different racing classes?

Just like nascar the trucks are a miner league and they will be running stock motors this will replace the mini-z stock class that we lost due to the cup cars.

Or, is it just a sceme so that you can get the first few buyers to convince their friends to get those as well as their cup car because they want to race them... :(

I hope this is the part you’d like to edit. Dude you mite want to go easy on how many X-files reruns you watch. There is no conspiracy going on at CP it’s just another class.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 04:39 PM
Twenty-Se7en, The truck series is going to be a miner league, a class that beginners can start out.

Just like nascar the trucks are a miner league and they will be running stock motors this will replace the mini-z stock class that we lost due to the cup cars.

I hope this is the part you’d like to edit. Dude you mite want to go easy on how many X-files reruns you watch. There is no conspiracy going on at CP it’s just another class.
LOL,

yeah you're right, i'd edit it, but you've got it quoted ... but either way, that was a rash and uncalled for statement by me, I take it back completely.

Thanks for answers all my questios :)

Inkmaxx
2004.11.01, 04:57 PM
When will these be availible?I Just bought a mini-z and the conversion kit , I am trying to light a fire in my area for the mini-z.Having both cars ready and running would get the guys around here moving in the right direction.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 06:01 PM
I really want a conversion kit, but I don't have the dollars for another F1 right now... can't wait. I think I may purchase a kit, so that I can paint it and such as a side project and test it out on my F1 that I plan on keeping an F1 and then finally race it when I get another...

They look amazing, but now I have to decide if I will get a car or truck...

If you want both, are they different conversions or will you be able to just buy one conversion and have multiple bodies, or do you even sell them seperately?

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! :D

Blackno3
2004.11.01, 06:01 PM
The kit and separate bodies should be on are site some time next week.

Blackno3
2004.11.01, 06:07 PM
You’ll be able to just buy one conversion and have multiple bodies.
Got to go it’s 7pm time to race the Cup Cars we got 12 racers ready to go.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 06:25 PM
You’ll be able to just buy one conversion and have multiple bodies.
Got to go it’s 7pm time to race the Cup Cars we got 12 racers ready to go.
Perfect, thanks Blackno3
You should see my order soon enough ;)

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 06:29 PM
I know that this isn't to do with the new truck bodies but it is just a quick question.
The alloy MR-01 front bumbers that you have, could you give me an aproximate length and width so that I can see if it is suitable for me? Thank you!

Blackno3
2004.11.06, 07:07 PM
27 I’ve been busy here are some pic’s of the MR-01 front bumper on a viper rental car. We started making them over two years ago for are rentals and then are members started asking for them so they became are first part.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.07, 10:13 PM
Looks tough as bricks... I may have to try one out ;)

ExtraPickles
2004.11.10, 07:28 PM
The kit and separate bodies should be on are site some time next week.
It's sometime next week, where are they? ;)

-pickles

Blackno3
2004.11.11, 04:51 PM
The CP Cup Truck will be available on are web site early next week. We are just waiting for some small screws to come in for the kit on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

ExtraPickles
2004.11.11, 04:53 PM
The CP Cup Truck will be available on are web site early next week. We are just waiting for some small screws to come in for the kit on Monday. Sorry for the delay.
WooHoo! I'll be watching for it.

-pickles

Blackno3
2004.11.18, 05:25 PM
The CP Cup Truck is now available on are web site. Extrapickles I see you got an order in before I got to announce it. Thanks your orders on its way.

biged358
2004.11.18, 06:36 PM
The CP Cup Truck is now available on are web site. Extrapickles I see you got an order in before I got to announce it. Thanks your orders on its way.

Can't wait to race the TOUGH TRUCKS!

Team photos of BigEd Racing :D

PAULANGELO
2004.11.18, 07:25 PM
Hey Ed, you got company!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/paulangelo/126-2693_IMG.jpg

PAULANGELO
2004.11.18, 07:29 PM
and more
http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album503/126_2694_IMG
http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album503/126_2695_IMG
http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album503/126_2696_IMG
http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album503/126_2697_IMG
http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album503/126_2698_IMG

PAULANGELO
2004.11.18, 07:30 PM
The painting is not as good as I wanted but to qoute someone else on this forum. They are not shelf queens and look good going past you on the track.

Blackno3
2004.11.18, 07:37 PM
Ed yours is very nice, But Paul that looks fricking awesome what the hell did you mean when you told me it didn’t come out the way you wanted!!!!!
It's one of the best paint and decal jobs that I’ve seen so far and that includes the CP CUP CARS.

I’m looking forward to racing with them on the tracks.

Blackno3
2004.11.18, 07:46 PM
Ok I looked at all the pic’s and I see what you mean you should have only posted the one pic then every one would have thought you where a master painter. But keep practicing and some day you will be. That was a very ambitious attempt.

biged358
2004.11.18, 09:09 PM
Paul, That's one awesome paint and decal job! Looking forward to racing a bunch of these trucks!!!

Eric, what night are looking to race this division?

solartech
2004.11.18, 10:00 PM
good job guys!

ExtraPickles
2004.11.18, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to it, thanks!

-pickles

Blackno3
2004.11.19, 02:56 PM
Ed we are going to run them on thursdays.

solartech
2004.11.19, 10:44 PM
here is mine!

PAULANGELO
2004.11.20, 06:46 AM
ahhhh, Phil I don't see anything!

ExtraPickles
2004.11.20, 06:56 AM
Quickie question... do the decals go inside before painting or on the outside after painting? What brand of paint do y'll use for Lexan? Mine should be here today, got to make a paint run to the LHS.

-pickles

Hammer
2004.11.20, 08:29 AM
Quickie question... do the decals go inside before painting or on the outside after painting? What brand of paint do y'll use for Lexan? Mine should be here today, got to make a paint run to the LHS.The decals are applied to the outside after painting. There is a lacquer paint specifically for lexan and polycarbonate model car bodies which you should find at your LHS. ;)

arch2b
2004.11.20, 09:03 AM
i used pactra paints for my cup car. indy silver :p any rc shop will have a nice selection

HammerZ
2004.11.20, 09:59 AM
Arch, did you use the bottle or spray cans?

arch2b
2004.11.20, 02:56 PM
Arch, did you use the bottle or spray cans?
rattle cans :p warm them up in hot water and your good to go. that was the trick i learned on the forum

HammerZ
2004.11.20, 03:17 PM
On mine I used bottles, only because I have the airbrush and I wanted to mix custom colors and blend colors. I used the rattle cans for some stuff, I think in this case it's the same stuff anyway. The cans are easier, with alot less to have to clean up afterward.

ExtraPickles
2004.11.20, 03:52 PM
I screwed up and got metallic black which I didn't realize is sort of transparent. Not having anything else on hand, I backed it up with some black auto laquer. Looks good, may just fall off though when dry ;)
Just got done running through a set of batteries with my CP Cup Truck conversion (bodyless), and I must say I am totally impressed with the whole concept, design, and implementaion of this whole thing. It handles much differently than it did as an F1 and all to the better. Usually things of this nature are somewhat of a kludge, but this kit is very professionally done.

-pickles

ExtraPickles
2004.11.20, 05:39 PM
Paint is dry... do I need to cut the whole bottom off all the way around at the "line"? What's the best way to cut them?

-pickles

Blackno3
2004.11.20, 08:05 PM
Pickles, You can use Scissors or a hobby knife to trim the Lexan. Just do a Google search and use the words (Lexan Trimming) and you’ll find plenty of tips.

ExtraPickles
2004.11.20, 11:34 PM
Scissors and exacto with a little dremel sanding drum worked pretty well. It looks so good in black I may not even decal it. Handles like a dream. Didn't think I'd find something I liked more than my Enzos but this CP Cup truck is the shiznit. Thanks for a fantastic product Blackno3, will definitely be ordering at least one more as soon as I can get my hands on another F1.

-pickles

Blackno3
2004.11.21, 11:00 AM
Pickles post a pic when you get it done. The real fun begins when you get two or three of them together. When we are not officially racing and just playing on the tracks we like to take each other out just messing around. It’s fun because they don’t brake so you can play tag with then.

Blackno3
2004.11.21, 01:41 PM
here is mine!

solartech was having problems uploading his pic’s. he came the shop today and I took these photos of his CP cup truck paint job for him.

I think it came out looking awesome.

Inkmaxx
2004.11.21, 04:37 PM
Nice looking Truck!
One question , is anyone else had any problems with the wheel wells not lining up , mine ride forword of the actual tires , is there something i did wrong?

solartech
2004.11.21, 07:01 PM
solartech was having problems uploading his pic’s. he came the shop today and I took these photos of his CP cup truck paint job for him.

I think it came out looking awesome.
Thanks Eric. Oh by the way the flames are paint! The numbers are vinyl. Hey if any one need custom numbers let me know ,, I just happen to own a shop that offers custom lettering and graphichs..

TNB
2004.11.21, 07:07 PM
The truck looks nice. I may have to do a truck yet. ;)

solartech
2004.11.21, 07:11 PM
Nice looking Truck!
One question , is anyone else had any problems with the wheel wells not lining up , mine ride forword of the actual tires , is there something i did wrong?
You should always line up the body on your chassie be for you paint . Then you can mark it on the outside. This makes it easier to drill the body post and antenna holes. At the same time you can check the wheel openings to see if they line up.

biged358
2004.11.21, 07:13 PM
Thanks Eric. Oh by the way the flames are paint! The numbers are vinyl. Hey if any one need custom numbers let me know ,, I just happen to own a shop that offers custom lettering and graphichs..

Seeing the truck first hand, photos don't do it justice. GREAT JOB! I'll see you at the first truck race Phil. :D

Inkmaxx
2004.11.21, 07:17 PM
You should always line up the body on your chassie be for you paint . Then you can mark it on the outside. This makes it easier to drill the body post and antenna holes. At the same time you can check the wheel openings to see if they line up.

When I recieved the conversion set-up , the holes were already drilled and ready to mount , I dont want to drill even more holes in it.
I will figure something out , it doesnt look bad , I can tend to be very picky! :eek:

Inkmaxx
2004.11.21, 07:18 PM

Where can I get some letters made up? Shoot me an email , I would like some stuff done if it isnt a problem.

arch2b
2004.11.21, 08:12 PM
Nice looking Truck!
my cup car body was like this. the molded lines for the wheel wells were not evenly spaced on both sides due to the pre drilled holes not being perfectly even on both sides. it really didn't casue any problems for me though and i still love it :D

solartech
2004.11.21, 10:41 PM
Seeing the truck first hand, photos don't do it justice. GREAT JOB! I'll see you at the first truck race Phil. :D
Thanks Ed I will see you :) monday! :)

solartech
2004.11.21, 10:47 PM
When I recieved the conversion set-up , the holes were already drilled and ready to mount , I dont want to drill even more holes in it.
I will figure something out , it doesnt look bad , I can tend to be very picky! :eek:
You are right the CP truck and car kits come with the post holes drilled. New replacement bodys come with out any holes in them (like 1/10) scale. I just kinda like to trim the bodys befor I paint so I know evry thing is right! :) Hey I droped you an E-mail.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.21, 11:29 PM
You are right the CP truck and car kits come with the post holes drilled. New replacement bodys come with out any holes in them (like 1/10) scale. I just kinda like to trim the bodys befor I paint so I know evry thing is right! :) Hey I droped you an E-mail.

If teh old body fits well...bout ot over the new one and mark where the hole are with a sharpie! tHEN REAM AND RACE!

Inkmaxx
2004.11.28, 07:05 PM
Anyone interested in a NEW F1 , new conversion with freshly painted body? I wanted to start something different down at my local track , but I have no time and there seems to be no interest.The car comes with original body , it is all stock(never got a chance to modify it)
Let me know if you are interested in it , i have a TXT , so if you have something to trade , shoot me an email.

techno
2004.11.28, 08:02 PM
Anyone interested in a NEW F1 , new conversion with freshly painted body? I wanted to start something different down at my local track , but I have no time and there seems to be no interest.The car comes with original body , it is all stock(never got a chance to modify it)
Let me know if you are interested in it , i have a TXT , so if you have something to trade , shoot me an email.
how much areyou asking for it

ExtraPickles
2004.11.29, 07:12 PM
Some double sided tape + wireless camera = loads of fun.

-pickles

Pic (http://www.dorksonwheels.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/StealthCam.jpg)

Inkmaxx
2004.12.05, 08:55 AM
how much areyou asking for it

I will take $135.00 for the car , it has been on the track for a total of five minutes.If someone is interested , I can work on the price , just email me.

arch2b
2004.12.05, 09:14 AM
there is a cp cup car on ebay as well....
Item number: 5940676315

Inkmaxx
2004.12.28, 05:24 PM
[What happened to this thread? I decided to keep the Cup car , maybe getting a truck body , just to cool to let go!
What mods are you guys running?I just ordered the ball diff , a hotter motor and bearing.In bone stock condition , I could not make a lap with it , would unload in the middle of the corner and spin out , I hope tyhe Ball diff changes that.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.28, 06:46 PM
You can buy the trucks now... i'm suprised that I haven't seen them show up here on the forums... I don't have one yet, but I like the look of them a lot and when I get mine I shall be taking pictures (finally have a working digi cam again, yay lol)

run drop slide2
2004.12.28, 07:43 PM
my dad got the truck body for his cp conversion car kit thats all they had left the only problem is they dont have any decals for the trucks... if they do please post!
You can buy the trucks now... i'm suprised that I haven't seen them show up here on the forums... I don't have one yet, but I like the look of them a lot and when I get mine I shall be taking pictures (finally have a working digi cam again, yay lol)

PAULANGELO
2004.12.28, 09:20 PM
my dad got the truck body for his cp conversion car kit thats all they had left the only problem is they dont have any decals for the trucks... if they do please post!
not truck decals per say... the slix decals for the nascar cars do work in a pinch
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/paulangelo/Mini%20Z/126-2694_IMG.jpg

G-Class
2004.12.29, 09:06 AM
That's a great paint job. :) It looks like you've bumped a couple of fellow racers. But "Rubbins Raacin!" :D

ExtraPickles
2004.12.29, 10:38 AM
I'm still lovvin mine... looked so good in basic black I didn't want to hog it up with decals and turned it into my roving trackcam...

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/album543/StealthCam.jpg

-pickles

G-Class
2004.12.29, 04:12 PM
I'd at least put the headlights and brand name on the grill. Maybe a number. Any videos Pickles?

ExtraPickles
2004.12.29, 05:49 PM
Never thought to save any video, I usually just stream it live on the web.

-pickles

Blackno3
2005.01.20, 05:35 PM
arch2b did you get the CP truck body and decals that I sent you yet I sent it on Saturday. and did I put a spacer set in the box for the body posts?

arch2b
2005.01.20, 07:15 PM
eric,
sorry for not emailing you earlier... it's been a long week. yes, i got the cp truck kit monday or tuesday. i haven't even had a chance to open it yet. i'll be buying paint this weeekend for my white body h1 so i'll work on the cp truck this weekend as well :p btw, i have 2 plus a parts peice heading your way. the right ones this time ;)

it should be a very nice match for my cp cup car :D

Blackno3
2005.01.20, 07:21 PM
Did you get a spacer set or did I forget to put it in the box?

arch2b
2005.01.20, 08:02 PM
eric,
no spacer... just the body and decals

so i'm missing something?

bda52
2005.01.21, 03:22 PM
Will the CP Cup car be available again soon? I see the truck is back in stock.

Also, is it easy to convert from Cup car back to F1? So far I only have one F1 and love running it around. (kind of a steal from ebay $25 BIN!!!!)

Thanks,
Jim

Inkmaxx
2005.01.23, 09:31 AM
Look for a like new CRP cup car with some goodies later on EBAY.I will post the link then.

Blackno3
2005.01.23, 03:58 PM
Will the CP Cup car be available again soon? I see the truck is back in stock.

Also, is it easy to convert from Cup car back to F1? So far I only have one F1 and love running it around. (kind of a steal from ebay $25 BIN!!!!)

Thanks,
Jim

Bda52 it will be about 10 days before we have the car kits on are web site again but we do have 5 car kits at the shop. If you call the shop tomorrow @ 518-371-4887 we should be able to sell you a kit. We are waiting for more carbon fiber before we put them back up on are site.

Yes is it easy to convert from Cup car back to F1 and from F1 to Cup car

arch2b
2005.01.23, 04:06 PM
eric,
no spacer... just the body and decals

so i'm missing something?
looks like i'm missing this (http://www.cpminiraceway.com/products/cpcuptruck/cp026.jpg)

Blackno3
2005.01.24, 03:12 PM
I’ll try to send them this week we have a lot of new iwaver customers who can’t even change there crystals that have been keeping me every busy.

arch2b
2005.01.24, 03:29 PM
i can only imagine :rolleyes:

bda52
2005.02.10, 11:23 PM
Hey Blackno3

I just picked up a used CP Cup car. I love it. I can tell you when I get some money saved up I will be buying conversion kit for my other F1 car. (Hope in the next few weeks I will be getting more hours so I can get it sooner than later!)

I do have a question on the Slixx Decals. Are those waterslide or adhesive?

Also, any clue if any other 1/24 lexan bodies fit it with out much modifications? I saw a Mercury Cyclone body I would love to do up as a Cale Yarborough Wood Bros #21.

Thank you!

Blackno3
2005.02.11, 10:16 AM
As far as I know only the CP bodies will fit on are kits. They were made specifically for the F1. If there was a body that would have fit the F1 we would have used it. It was very expensive to have are own body molds made. I looked for a long time before deciding to have are own molds made.

Are Slixx Nascar decals are vinyl. You cut them out with an X-ACTO knife then you
peel & stick them. Don’t get waterslide decals they don’t hold up to racing they are only good for a car that sits on a shelf.

arch2b
2005.02.11, 10:37 AM
As far as I know only the CP bodies will fit on are kits. They were made specifically for the F1. If there was a body that would have fit the F1 we would have used it. It was very expensive to have are own body molds made. I looked for a long time before deciding to have are own molds made.

Are Slixx Nascar decals are vinyl. You cut them out with an X-ACTO knife then you
peel & stick them. Don’t get waterslide decals they don’t hold up to racing they are only good for a car that sits on a shelf.
everywhere i read slixx has discontinued nascar decals... is this true? if so, i would assume if anyone wants them to get them while they are still plentiful.

Shelby
2005.02.11, 12:59 PM
I’ll try to send them this week we have a lot of new iwaver customers who can’t even change there crystals that have been keeping me every busy.

Do you guys sell Iwavers and if so are you still going to with the rumored court case against them? Do you have any info on why their site is down?

arch2b
2005.02.11, 01:10 PM
Do you guys sell Iwavers and if so are you still going to with the rumored court case against them? Do you have any info on why their site is down?
why would they discontinue selling iwavers based on an internet rumor?
i'm sure cp receives them from the same legit u.s. distributor that mini-z does thus the distributor bears the potential problem, not the shops that order from them.

Shelby
2005.02.11, 01:16 PM
I was just asking because from earlier threads I have read it seamed that they were really dedicated to Kyosho and the mini-z program and didnt want other cars on the tracks like xmods.

Shelby
2005.02.11, 01:23 PM
why would they discontinue selling iwavers based on an internet rumor?
i'm sure cp receives them from the same legit u.s. distributor that mini-z does thus the distributor bears the potential problem, not the shops that order from them.

I agree that it would be a u.s. distributor problem and not cp's. I am wondering how many didicated Z shops will support Kyosho if indeed the rumors and I do understand they are just rumors, are in fact true.

arch2b
2005.02.11, 01:44 PM
I agree that it would be a u.s. distributor problem and not cp's. I am wondering how many didicated Z shops will support Kyosho if indeed the rumors and I do understand they are just rumors, are in fact true.
why worry about that now? cross that bridge when and if anything results form the supossed events. besides, the distrubitor will likely get a cease and disist letter in which case the matter is very simple

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.11, 01:50 PM
that all comes down to how the contracts are written...and if a shop sells after the cease and dissist letter...

but this is all silly hypotheticals any way. sauy anyone ahve an IW infront of them to see if there is and copyright info about the bodies...like a c circle near where the bodys name is. even if its on the front clip?

arch2b
2005.02.11, 01:58 PM
i agree, this is a silly thing to discuss, especially here. please continue further debate in the appropriate thread and lets give eric back his thread :p

bda52
2005.02.11, 02:59 PM

Since the car I got was used and the body was already painted I just got waterslide to give it some added life.

You did a wonderful job on the kit!!! Those of you thinking of buying the conversion, you will not be wasting your money!

Thank you very much for the info.

Hopefully I will be in contact within the next few weeks.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.11, 03:02 PM
will a clear coat keep the waterslides in better shape? Though I guess thats not much of an option on lexan...

bda52
2005.02.11, 10:14 PM
will a clear coat keep the waterslides in better shape? Though I guess thats not much of an option on lexan...

I had thought about that too but figured that clear coat would crack in an accident. I do not know if there is a clear coat made for lexan, I have not done research on that. It seems like that would be a cool option if it exists though.

Blackno3
2005.02.13, 12:33 PM
On the iwaver questions arch2b summed it up nicely. We started carrying them because of three things, one because there is a US distributor, two the Mini-z Cup was cancelled and three they are half the price and come with a radio that is 10 times better than the cheap K5 radio.

We don’t recommend waterslide decals because my brother tried them and when we were racing Nascar style they would peel off and it made his car looked horrible. By Nascar style I mean we were rubbing on each other pretty hard, you now using the chrome horn (or lexan horn on the CP car) to aggressively pass each other. It’s a lot of fun because the cars don’t break.

arch2b
2005.02.20, 03:25 PM
eric,
the body is painted... just triming the decals ;)
updated pictures (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album505?page=3)

Blackno3
2005.02.21, 04:24 PM
Arch that paint job looks great. Post some pic’s when you get it decaled.

arch2b
2005.02.21, 06:47 PM
eric,
i got most of them on today/last night. i had to do some guess work as they don't translate exactyl to the truck from the car so mine is more of an interpretation :p

all that's left it reaming the post holes and triming the skirt

arch2b
2005.02.25, 09:20 PM
Arch that paint job looks great. Post some pic’s when you get it decaled.
eric,
uploaded (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album505?page=3) some finished pics with the decals :D

Blackno3
2005.02.27, 10:45 AM
Arch your truck looks great and original it’s the first one I’ve seen done up in silver.

tony hawk
2005.03.02, 05:35 PM
Those break alot and you wreck body's.

arch2b
2005.03.02, 07:51 PM
Those break alot and you wreck body's.
please explain how these could break? i have yet to read a reply regarding anything breaking. it's easy to come on the forum and make claims :p so please, if you can elaborate for us...

i personally have both the cp cup car and truck and although i have not run the truck yet (i will this weekend) i have thoroughly enjoyed the bump and go the cp cup kit allows you to use. it's true that i have worn off many decals but i have yet to even crease the lexan body. the bumpers do an excellent job of absorbing impacts.

jarrodh
2006.08.30, 12:39 PM
hey, how much is it for the conversion kit for the f1 chassis, with the nascar body and the truck body? thanks, im also in Victoria BC Canada, so hopefully shipping isnt to much.

Minizn00b
2006.08.30, 05:05 PM
I'm preeety sure it's about $45 US

Minizn00b
2006.08.30, 05:07 PM
Where'd my edit and qote buttons go?

Here's a link, second line down.
http://www.cpminiraceway.com/products.html

jarrodh
2006.08.30, 06:40 PM
thats a pretty good deal, how do i find out how much shippin is to victoria BC

RealElwood
2006.08.31, 01:35 AM
What's the wheelbase and width of the body?