PDA

View Full Version : $10 Hei Pao saves the day (again)

ChattavegasSE
2004.10.31, 09:22 PM
Well who'da thunk the motor pod in my Hei Pao is the same as the broken motor pod in my Mini Z. So that's two parts I've yanked off that $10 special, and 3 bodies. :cool:

pHREDD
2004.10.31, 11:00 PM
good 4 u....at least you got some use outta that thang

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 12:47 AM
Hey, SE i've been interested in the Heipeo for it's abundance of crapass bodies which I could use for beaters ... what did it take to mount those guys onto a Z?

Oh yeah, and what was the other part that you pull from the Hei Pao??

Ninja
2004.11.01, 06:28 AM
hey 27, read the post. the body mounts directly to mini-z also. and what make you feel the need to post on every single thread every single day without even knowing what is going on or what you are talking about?

byebye
2004.11.01, 11:01 AM
Hey, SE i've been interested in the Heipeo for it's abundance of crapass bodies which I could use for beaters ... what did it take to mount those guys onto a Z?

Oh yeah, and what was the other part that you pull from the Hei Pao??

They fit right up. I used the skyline body and the audi tt body from a heipao car. Both are in my gallery. When you do get the car though you will notice that there are no spare parts and the front body mount is universal so you have to modify to use it. I also basically stripped the parts that were interchangable from the car and dumped the rest. I was actually gonna try to mod it out bit it's not a normal pcb LOL. Good luck!

ChattavegasSE
2004.11.01, 12:21 PM
I've only got 2 Kyosho front body mounts; Viper GTSR and Altezza. I used the Viper's mount; but it's wider than the front of the Hei Pao bodies will accept. I used my Dremmel to cut the sides off the body mount on the inside of the body and they fit fine. I cut the side off at an angle so the front body clip wedges in and stays stuck. Some strong impacts knock the front loose; to the side; but that's the only problem. Now, if I had a larger stock of front body clips, I might not have that proplem.

For $10, I got a complete Hei Pao with 3 silver bodies: Audi TT (painted pink for the lady), Nissan R34 Skyline (painted bright Italian Red), and Mercedes CLK DTM, which I sold to Ninja and he painted it bright ghetto green. I'm sure it was just a fluke that my Hei Pao came with 3 bodies. I ordered one Hei Pao with the CLK DTM body; but it came missing the chrome grille on the front; maybe that's why the sell put two more bodies in, I don't know.

The best thing about the Hei Pao bodies is their paint. It's so thin that just a few swipes with fine grit sand paper and you're down to the bare plastic. They're very easy to strip.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 04:18 PM
hey 27, read the post. the body mounts directly to mini-z also. and what make you feel the need to post on every single thread every single day without even knowing what is going on or what you are talking about?
... what's your problem today? You've jumped at me twice in the threads i've read so far. This is my site as much as it is yours. I can post what I want just like anyone else can.

If you don't like me posting then then put me on your ignore list and don't read my posts.

Ps: This thread doesn't say anything about the bodies fitting directly, I asked a valid question.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 04:21 PM
I wish that I could find a Hei Peo with 3 bodies... they come with a max of 2 on ebay now.

byebye
2004.11.01, 04:52 PM
I wish that I could find a Hei Peo with 3 bodies... they come with a max of 2 on ebay now.

I know. I want more bodies to paint. I wish ******* had the bodies for 5 usd again. I just bought a airbrush kit from the bay. 125 for compressor and a single and dual action brush. The bodies are the same just the mounts can be a pain.

Ninja
2004.11.01, 05:26 PM
yeah, toy east jacked up the prices on all their bodies, kinda makes me wish i had racked up this past time for $5.50 each

Ninja
2004.11.01, 05:35 PM
... what's your problem today? You've jumped at me twice in the threads i've read so far.
Ps: This thread doesn't say anything about the bodies fitting directly, I asked a valid question.
the "read the post" was guided towards the question of what else he pulled off of the Hei Pao. it was just one of those days for me 27, nothing personal. as for the body being a direct fit, i used my RX-7 nose mount, it fit directly into the nose of the Hei Pao body without modification. it also sets the body at just the right ride height. 27 dont you ever sleep? how do you find time in the day to post on at least 98% of new threads? sometimes i get on and your name is listed on the "last replied" field of every single thread down the line.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 06:13 PM
I know. I want more bodies to paint. I wish ******* had the bodies for 5 usd again. I just bought a airbrush kit from the bay. 125 for compressor and a single and dual action brush. The bodies are the same just the mounts can be a pain.
Sounds nice byebye, bet you'll have fun with that.
I have a cheap airbrush kit... less than $100 made by a no name company... it works but it wont look like an autoscale :(

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.01, 06:17 PM
the "read the post" was guided towards the question of what else he pulled off of the Hei Pao. it was just one of those days for me 27, nothing personal. as for the body being a direct fit, i used my RX-7 nose mount, it fit directly into the nose of the Hei Pao body without modification. it also sets the body at just the right ride height. 27 dont you ever sleep? how do you find time in the day to post on at least 98% of new threads? sometimes i get on and your name is listed on the "last replied" field of every single thread down the line.
LOL...

Yeah, sometimes it looks like I don't sleep. I actually have really bad insomnia... but, that isn't the reason I post so much. I just absolutely love these cars, have for a long time and until Kyosho or some other company comes up with something new and better than i'll be a huge fan. I don't do a hell of a lot more than work, eat, sleep, and mini-Z ... probably why the better half told me tonight that I spend too long with the car and not enough time with her :sigh: but i'm addicted. When I finish my work, or take a break, I log onto the site and hit the new posts button and start from the bottom. I really love the site and the cars, so why not. Just have to figure out how to enjoy this and not get introuble with my lady :o

SeniorChief
2004.11.01, 09:24 PM
LOL...
Just have to figure out how to enjoy this and not get introuble with my lady :o

If you ever break that code, for god's sake share it with the rest of us! :D

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.02, 12:21 AM

If you ever break that code, for god's sake share it with the rest of us! :D
LoL

Sure thing Cheif, I think it will bring us closer to world peace ;) :p