PDA

View Full Version : New here but not to rc

backdrift
2004.11.12, 04:06 PM
Hello, im backdrift from xmodworld and dietryin from tinyrc. I Recently got out of the ****-box xmods and into mini-z! boy let me tell you, this thing is sweet!
i run;
C5R ( i know everyone has it )
X-Speed pro
Woah nelly external fet board
alloy motor mount
alloy differential
alloy 1st servo gear

The first 2 days i had the car i broke 2 first servo gears lol! well im putting an end to that because of the megatech alloy gear...
Well thats my story

-Jay

and o yeah, i know arch2b and will be perticapating in the GTG's soon!

arch2b
2004.11.12, 04:53 PM
glad to have you here and look forward to seeing you at the gtg's! i'd like to get a first hand look at that whoa nelly and well, i'm a sucker for the cr5. (would you be able to make it this sat? i know it's short notice but it's just now being planned)

you can still break the alloy 1st servo gear... try using the plastic tie bars as they will typically snap before the servo gears. also, never run the chassis without the body ;)

backdrift
2004.11.12, 05:00 PM
nope cant make it this saturday, all the parts i listed will be in next week.. so im waiting and waiting :/ but all i need to run is a first servo gear, hence im waiting for the alloy one!

edit; im also modding my vette body to look like a normal street car.. taimya putty and a dremel are going to be used, im prbley going to paint it deep blue or purple!

byebye
2004.11.12, 05:02 PM
Hello, im backdrift from xmodworld and dietryin from tinyrc. I Recently got out of the ****-box xmods and into mini-z! boy let me tell you, this thing is sweet!
i run;
C5R ( i know everyone has it )
X-Speed pro
Woah nelly external fet board
alloy motor mount
alloy differential
alloy 1st servo gear

The first 2 days i had the car i broke 2 first servo gears lol! well im putting an end to that because of the megatech alloy gear...
Well thats my story

-Jay

and o yeah, i know arch2b and will be perticapating in the GTG's soon!

Welcome aboard! Yes the C5R is a great body and it sound like you have quite a setup. I too was bitten by the C5R bug. I don't think I will paint the new one though.
Can't wait to run this Saturday! News to me too :D

backdrift
2004.11.12, 05:05 PM
nice cars, the one on the right was the color i was looking for! whats the paint kind/shade?

another edit;
im also running roll shocks, i was told it greatly improves cornering abilitys and rear end performance!! and also i will be running a 35 turn with neos ( wound by me ) on the "outside drags" :D but uh i think thats about it...

byebye
2004.11.12, 05:50 PM
I think black cherry pearl. Model master paint. Not a bad finish but it's too soft for racing. You can see the chips already. I am gonna touch it up with black. The outside drags are fun. I just recently made some chassis changes and body changes so I will have one just for outside.

backdrift
2004.11.13, 04:29 PM
yeah. im waiting for my servo gears and stuff so i wont be driving untill then :(

arch2b
2004.11.13, 10:59 PM
you missed a great day of track time! little byebye's diablo was smokin :eek: no turbo and runs x-speed and it was on par with our 2x2/3 fet fars!

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.14, 12:16 AM
wow, sounds like it was on fire. Anyone get any video?

backdrift
2004.11.14, 10:37 AM
yeah, any vid's arch?

byebye
2004.11.14, 11:48 AM
yeah, any vid's arch?
I think we took one, but of the CLK. My 7yr old son was smokin us with his Diablo and I was running a turbo car with high gearing. I don't know but I think I mutated his FET's????? I put an iwaver xspeed pro in his car and it ran very slow and smelled burnt up. I quickly pulled it and replaced it with a K x-speed and it was very fast! That night after my son was done I gave it a run. Very fast with good grip coming from 8g slicks. It was just enough power to take the tires and suspension to the limits. I will post more in the D.C. GTG thread. :D

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.14, 11:57 AM
I think we took one, but of the CLK. My 7yr old son was smokin us with his Diablo and I was running a turbo car with high gearing. I don't know but I think I mutated his FET's????? I put an iwaver xspeed pro in his car and it ran very slow and smelled burnt up. I quickly pulled it and replaced it with a K x-speed and it was very fast! That night after my son was done I gave it a run. Very fast with good grip coming from 8g slicks. It was just enough power to take the tires and suspension to the limits. I will post more in the D.C. GTG thread. :D
Wow, that is interesting. I wonder what happened... very cool.

arch2b
2004.11.14, 12:08 PM
diabol video will be posted in the washington gtg thread ;)

backdrift
2004.11.14, 06:35 PM
would ya mind posting a link? ty in advance.. Byebye are u the one that does fet's well? arch told me someone at the GTG's did, so if i bring fet's could u bring ur stuff and hook me up?

arch2b
2004.11.14, 08:41 PM
it will be in this (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14476) thread

byebye
2004.11.14, 09:59 PM
I could do it. No problem.

backdrift
2004.11.15, 03:54 PM
I could do it. No problem.

nice, thanks itll be lighter than an external turbo!

does anyone want to buy this?
xmod - rsx ( silver )
mini-z mr01 electronics
lay down servo
upgraded wire
awd
bearings
35 turn motor w/ bb case and silver brushes
make offers!

i can provide pics if needed

backdrift
2004.11.21, 10:17 AM
I have an update on the car! Soon i will be making $170.00 dollars and will be buying a MR-01 with;
ball diff ( kyosho )
lithiums
charger
wire upgrade
stacked fets
but NO motor..
im getting the car for 70 shipped!!! its a Taisan ( sp ) Viper body.. and Arch i plan on making it to some of the future GTG's and kicking some MR-02 ASS !! :D

backdrift
2005.03.23, 02:40 PM
Hey all, i think im back lol.. Arch and bye bye still doing the G2G's? Im going to invest in mini-z stuff but i just ordered a iw04 with some alloy's. Its at a friends house getting fets installed =D

arch2b
2005.03.23, 02:59 PM
YEP! give me an email and i'll let you know when. i also now have a timing system so we can do some actual timed races :)

backdrift
2005.03.23, 06:36 PM
I forgot ur email :p

byebye
2005.03.23, 08:57 PM
You can send one through this forum. It would be awesome to have a gtg soon. I just got back from the desert and have been super busy.

backdrift
2005.03.23, 11:06 PM
Ahh, how was that? Im currently dealing with some legal issues.. Someone hacked my aim account and sent someone stolen money, then instructed them to send it to another contact on my list then send it to me. Someone is trying to sue me because of this, aint that BS? But its all good, if i pay it back.. But one problem.... My paypal is on lock down due to foreign access so i cant send, recive or deposit any money :mad: