PDA

View Full Version : BMW GTR on Chromes

byebye
2004.11.17, 10:27 AM
Here is my wifes BMW GTR on Chrome painted Mclaren wheels. I also painted the wheel nuts silver. The car is lowered with a med. stiff suspension. Comments welcomed!

BMW GTR on Chromes (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album472)

Z-as in Zorglup
2004.11.17, 10:43 AM
Heyy !!
Nice looking car !! :cool: How is it to handle/drive ?
I have ordered it in silver !! ;)

byebye
2004.11.17, 11:43 AM
Heyy !!
Nice looking car !! :cool: How is it to handle/drive ?
I have ordered it in silver !! ;)
Handles and drives well above average. It may look top heavy but it sticks to the rcp using 8g tires and Hard springs. If I go to Arch2b's house we will definately get some highspeed video! It's definately a good buy.

TNB
2004.11.17, 12:31 PM
Looks good. I plan to pick one up soon if some other stuff ever arrives in the shop. Hint, hint. ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.17, 12:33 PM
Looks good. I plan to pick one up soon if some other stuff ever arrives in the shop. Hint, hint. ;)

I ordered an appetizer yesterday...I'm still waiting for the shop to get my main course in :D .

byebye
2004.11.17, 12:36 PM
It's mama's car(likes for her car to look bling!) so I will have to order another body for her to use on the track. Probably gonna go with a Gunmetal and Silver combo. Thanks!

cam2
2004.11.17, 01:57 PM
looks good! what kind of paint did you use for the rims?

i guess you eventually got your mclaren from redking?

byebye
2004.11.17, 02:39 PM
looks good! what kind of paint did you use for the rims?

i guess you eventually got your mclaren from redking?

I used chrome paint from walmart and it took all night to dry. It's not as shiny as I wanted but it still looks pretty good.
As for the mclaren from redking. No I cancelled my order and bought from stellamodels. Redking actually e-mailed me after his reciept of cancellation and asked if I still wanted it. I told him no and that I cancelled. It was only after I cancelled did he bother to e-mail.
Thanks btw!

Skurge
2004.11.17, 03:54 PM
nice lookin.....cant hate on the bimmer

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.17, 09:59 PM
Looks good... good that you painted the wheel nuts too... pretty cool!

byebye
2004.11.19, 08:05 PM
Thanks I wish the fronts were offset more to hid the wheel nut.

riceinator
2004.12.16, 09:14 PM
hey guys,

im new to these forums and i noticed that alot of u say u have these bodies ordered. where dou order them from? and is that body available at a hobby shop or does it have to be ordered from where u guys order it from.

thanks, rice

byebye
2004.12.16, 09:21 PM
hey guys,

im new to these forums and i noticed that alot of u say u have these bodies ordered. where dou order them from? and is that body available at a hobby shop or does it have to be ordered from where u guys order it from.

thanks, rice

Most of the new bodies for the mr-02 chassis are not sold in stores. They can be bought right here from the shop for a price better than buying from overseas or e-bay. The shipping is fast and always packed in good condition. There are a number of great place to shop for mini-z parts. If you have a hard to find item you can send an email to shop@mini-zracer.com with your request and usually they can get it for you. Clickhere (http://www.minizracer.com/shop/products.php?pid=7) to check out the bodies the shop has in stock. Don't be turned away by the price. Other shops charge less for the body and way more for shipping. Good luck!