PDA

View Full Version : A Bravo Zulu for RCPMini-Z

SeniorChief
2004.11.19, 12:08 AM
I just had to pass along BZ (Bravo Zulu) to RCPMini-Z.

I needed a couple blanks for my Mini-96 to give me some more room in statigic areas. Wanted to get the tiles before I left on my trip so that I could have a good measurement for the bag I will have made. Not only did he fill my needs, he personally delivered them to me.

And if that was not enough, my shipmate (MasterChief), wanted to order a couple of Wide-L tracks (that was Arch2B's fault, he loved your track setup), RCPMini-Z delivered those also.

Talk about customer service! He takes it to levels I never dreamed possible! Just outstanding.

Have I said I love the track yet? I have big plans that should make for some interesting pictures. Oh yeah before I forget, I love this track...

BTW, a "BZ" is a Navy term for recognition of a job well done.

:D

pHREDD
2004.11.19, 07:08 AM
hhhhmmmmm..... :(

arch2b
2004.11.19, 07:59 AM
hhhhmmmmm..... :(
i don't understand your reply? is there any point to it?

pHREDD
2004.11.19, 09:19 AM
i don't understand your reply? is there any point to it?

Only RCP will understand. It was ment for him.

Sorry for the confusion

RCPMini-z
2004.11.19, 09:25 AM
pHREDD, you got mail.

arch2b
2004.11.19, 09:30 AM
hehe, whatever it was, it worked ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.19, 10:11 AM
the more I read about the RCP setup the closer I get to buying a mini tile...I'd really like to see and truy one first though...

SeniorChief
2004.11.19, 11:49 AM
the more I read about the RCP setup the closer I get to buying a mini tile...I'd really like to see and truy one first though...

Well I can only give you my first hand exerience on a couple of RCP tracks. I went for the Mini as I have only a small space to work with and I wanted to take it on the road when I travel. A side benefit is that it has really helped my driving ablities, to be frank, I sucked at first, now I am mediocre :p

I ran on Arch2b's Wide track and loved it, that's what put me over the top, ordered mine later that day.

I have set my track up in my living room, takes about 20 minutes for a basic "just gotta run to blow off some stress" set-up, even less time to tear down and put it out of the way for the wife.

My exeriences with RCPMini-Z have just reinforced my positive opinion of the whole package. I absolutly love the whole thing.

And just to be honest, I tried using the fatigue mats that I got at COSTCO, and while they were adequate, I wanted something better and having the opportunity to run on Arch's track really sold me on what I wanted to have.

My two cents.

Twenty-Se7en
2004.11.19, 12:48 PM
Good 2 cents!

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.19, 01:02 PM
Why doesnt RCP and teh shop sponsor a cup if kyosho wont?

RCPMini-z
2004.11.19, 02:24 PM
Why doesnt RCP and teh shop sponsor a cup if kyosho wont?

Patience! Kyosho will have some great new stuff for 2005.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.19, 02:28 PM
Patience! Kyosho will have some great new stuff for 2005.

patience..but I want instant gratification! I guess I'll jsut have to go race 1/10 buggy tonight for my fix :p

Hammer
2004.11.19, 03:35 PM
I just had to pass along BZ (Bravo Zulu) to RCPMini-Z.I agree SeniorChief. The personal service as well as the overall quality of his tracks, puts RCPMini-Z at the top of my list as well. These tracks make the Mini-Z experience much more enjoyable! :D

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.19, 03:37 PM
I agree SeniorChief. The personal service as well as the overall quality of his tracks, puts RCPMini-Z at the top of my list as well. These tracks make the Mini-Z experience much more enjoyable! :D

Though it is fun making a track...after a week of the fatigue mats I can imagine the difference in RCP. The fatifues dont fit together %100 great, the colors are slightly different from pack to pack and I'd swear the material is too.

Hammer
2004.11.19, 03:55 PM
Though it is fun making a track...after a week of the fatigue mats I can imagine the difference in RCP. The fatifues dont fit together %100 great, the colors are slightly different from pack to pack and I'd swear the material is too.My first track was constructed of fatigue mats as well and I must say, there is no comparison. The fatigue mats vary quite a bit from tile to tile as well as shipment to shipment. RCPMini-Z put a lot of time and expense into developing a great track system and it shows in the final product/products.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.11.19, 03:57 PM
My first track was constructed of fatigue mats as well and I must say, there is no comparison. The fatigue mats vary quite a bit from tile to tile as well as shipment to shipment. RCPMini-Z put a lot of time and expense into developing a great track system and it shows in the final product/products.

What about the actual surface. Any different?

Hammer
2004.11.19, 04:12 PM
What about the actual surface. Any different?Absolutely, the fatigue mats are manufactured using sand and they spray silicone on the tools so the product won’t stick. The sand content is not necessarily consistent from batch to batch. RCP uses a different process with more rubber content producing a much more durable and consistent surface. He grooms one side to produce the textured side of the track which is my personal favorite. It gives you a vary consistent high grip track surface which can greatly improve your driving skills in a short period of time.

SeniorChief
2004.11.19, 04:21 PM
What about the actual surface. Any different?
Yes, it's like night and day for me. With the RCP you get your choice of two surfaces, a rough grippy side that has been textured at the factory (RCPMini-Z gave me and MasterChief a really good explination on how he does it) and a smoother, slicker, side that you could possibly us for drifting or you just want another type of driving challenge.

With the fatigue mats, you get a similar smooth surface as the "back" of the RCP that to me seemed to get slicker with use, while this can be overcome with the right tires, I personally just did not like the "fit and finish" of the tiles. The reverse side has the diamond cut pattern like you find one some pick-up truck boxes, I quess that would work for the OL's, but my MR-02 did not like them at all. So in essence you really only have the one side to play with. I agree with some of the others that due to the very low cost, you can go hog wild in designing your own course, cut and glue the tiles and not worry to much if you mess one up. But for me, I really don't have the time to dedicate to such a project. Like I said earlier, this was the original route I was going to take.

I have never tried any other manufactured track, sure would like to in for nothing other than curiosity and experience.

Bottom line for me is that I am very happy with both the product and the dedicated customer support the RCPMini-Z gives his customers. :D

fraz
2004.11.19, 05:26 PM

If I were you, I would just pick up the Mini-Tile96 system. It is a killer track, has great grip that is consistent, is car friendly, is completely configurable, and packs up into a nice small area if you need to put it away. It will make you a much better driver very quickly and the cost will be immediately justified.

If you need any help with setups, just give a holler here and we can help you.